• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Character Discussion Thread - Read the new sticky/announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Children0fTheStars

Smash Apprentice
Do not pay attention to Stealth__.

The likeliest scenario here is that people are being played.

Stealth, seemingly, is known to the GameFAQs board as RPGrinder, and he's a well-known troll. In fact his account was finally suspended to Purgatory level. Whatever "credibility" he possibly has is the result of him riding off of more well-known names, specifically RogersBase.

If you're going to take anything anyone's saying into consideration, it should be Roger. And even then I'm not believing anything without any official news or data coming to light first. For that matter, I'm not aware of what RogersBase has done to give him credibility, so I can't speak on that matter.

This is no different from Tamaki, a guy known for his association with a group that was able to obtain gaming information unavailable to the public, claiming that Shovel Knight might have made it into Smash using vague language and relying on backpedaling to ensure people couldn't point fingers at him if it turned out he was wrong.

At least with Tamaki, he claimed to have sources he couldn't divulge. Mind you, that doesn't do much for his character.

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I wonder why he can't just say who the character is, is it because he doesn't actually know who it is? He said the character is basically a shoe-in which is a safe guess anyway, that's like me "leaking" something and saying in a timeframe between now and the next two weeks, a very popular character will be revealed without any evidence. I don't know if a character will be revealed but it's a pretty safe bet, so if I say this and a popular character gets in I'd get instant internet credits and people would trust me later regardless of whether or not I actually knew who it was or if it'd even happen.

I hope he's right but this seems far too much like a attempt for attention. Still though, a part of me deep down believes it's real, but that's only because I'm a overly trusting and naive person in general. Realistically speaking though, there's no reason to randomly trust this person while he's got no evidence.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I wonder why he can't just say who the character is, is it because he doesn't actually know who it is? He said the character is basically a shoe-in which is a safe guess anyway, that's like me "leaking" something and saying in a timeframe between now and the next two weeks, a very popular character will be revealed without any evidence. I don't know if a character will be revealed but it's a pretty safe bet, so if I say this and a popular character gets in I'd get instant internet credits and people would trust me later regardless of whether or not I actually knew who it was or if it'd even happen.

I hope he's right but this seems far too much like a attempt for attention. Still though, a part of me deep down believes it's real, but that's only because I'm a overly trusting and naive person. Realistically speaking though, there's no reason to randomly trust this person with no evidence.
Here's my thought. If you're dropping hints that apply to tons of characters and don't have anything to seperate them, you can go **** off as you're unreliable

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Do not pay attention to Stealth__.

The likeliest scenario here is that people are being played.

Stealth, seemingly, is known to the GameFAQs board as RPGrinder, and he's a well-known troll. In fact his account was finally suspended to Purgatory level. Whatever "credibility" he possibly has is the result of him riding off of more well-known names, specifically RogersBase.

If you're going to take anything anyone's saying into consideration, it should be Roger. And even then I'm not believing anything without any official news or data coming to light first. For that matter, I'm not aware of what RogersBase has done to give him credibility, so I can't speak on that matter.

This is no different from Tamaki, a guy known for his association with a group that was able to obtain gaming information unavailable to the public, claiming that Shovel Knight might have made it into Smash using vague language and relying on backpedaling to ensure people couldn't point fingers at him if it turned out he was wrong.

At least with Tamaki, he claimed to have sources he couldn't divulge. Mind you, that doesn't do much for his character.
"You should take Roger seriously"

(A sentence later)

"I don't know how he's credible"

:ohwell: So.....why exactly should we take him seriously if there's no actual reason to?

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Literally anyone could do this.

The ballot just ended, there's likely going to be an announcement coming up soon, and unless it's another Wii Fit Trainer style curveball you could claim they were a shoo-in eventually anyway.

Goomba is probably someone who would get in eventually if you waited enough Smash games.

Children0fTheStars

Smash Apprentice
"You should take Roger seriously"

(A sentence later)

"I don't know how he's credible"

:ohwell: So.....why exactly should we take him seriously if there's no actual reason to?
No. That's not what I meant.

RogersBase has been claiming he knows something about Nintendo (not specifically Smash Bros.) that he can't talk about. But besides that, he's supposedly a known name throughout the communities.

I'm trying to tell people not to hastily put stock into things random users on the internet are saying about Smash when almost no one should have any concrete information. And between the two names, one's not (allegedly) a massive, tryhard troll.

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
If this Stealh isn't lying. Then I will go on to guess, Inkling. To which I would be really mad with. I''ve been happy with the DLC so far.

No. That's not what I meant.

RogersBase has been claiming he knows something about Nintendo (not specifically Smash Bros.) that he can't talk about. But besides that, he's supposedly a known name throughout the communities.

I'm trying to tell people not to hastily put stock into things random users on the internet are saying about Smash when almost no one should have any concrete information. And between the two names, one's not (allegedly) a massive, tryhard troll.
Roger is a former Ninty employee who is followed by Nintendo on Twitter. They even send him stuff like games to review.

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
If this Stealh isn't lying. Then I will go on to guess, Inkling. To which I would be really mad with. I''ve been happy with the DLC so far.

Roger is a former Ninty employee who is followed by Nintendo on Twitter. They even send him stuff like games to review.
According to BKupa666 BKupa666 , Stealth deleted a tweet which said "If it were Wolf or Shovel Knight or Shantae, I'd have hung myself by now," Wolf would have made sense to release, also I think this guy considers Wolf a clone. Inklings would be the only character that makes sense. Of course he could just be a troll. Now Roger (or should I say Gol D. Roger) is much more reliable and likable.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
According to BKupa666 BKupa666 , Stealth deleted a tweet which said "If it were Wolf or Shovel Knight or Shantae, I'd have hung myself by now," Wolf would have made sense to release, also I think this guy considers Wolf a clone. Inklings would be the only character that makes sense. Of course he could just be a troll. Now Roger (or should I say Gol D. Roger) is much more reliable and likable.
Can confirm. I think it's down to Inklings or K. Rool if this is legitimate, probably the former since Splatoon's getting a big update around the same timeframe anyway.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Can confirm. I think it's down to Inklings or K. Rool if this is legitimate, probably the former since Splatoon's getting a big update around the same timeframe anyway.
Not only that but he said it was a newcomer that probably didn't win the ballot but made a whole lot of sense to add.

King K and Wolf appear to be the most likely to win.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Not only that but he said it was a newcomer that probably didn't win the ballot but made a whole lot of sense to add.

King K and Wolf appear to be the most likely to win.
At the same time, it could easily be the case that because its right after the ballot ended, Stealth doesn't think they "won" the ballot because they've already been in development for months before it ended. So there is that consideration as well.

RosaPeach

Smash Journeyman
Will Sakurai put Shantae and Shovel Knight if they both tie.

I really hope that dont hurt Rayman chances.

Rayman is the number one character I really want to see in smash.

Burruni

Smash Hero

No.
Because there's no straight number = odds kind of relationship.
it's a suggestion box, and Sakurai/Nintendo can turn down anyone no matter their numbers.

Onyx Oblivian

Smash Journeyman
My super biased opinion is that it's Chibi-Robo.

Makes sense(game releases soon in NoA/NoE), would have shown up eventually (probably), didn't win the ballot(most definitely).

Boom. Chibi-Robo.

/hopes and dreams

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
My super biased opinion is that it's Chibi-Robo.

Makes sense(game releases soon in NoA/NoE), would have shown up eventually (probably), didn't win the ballot(most definitely).

Boom. Chibi-Robo.

/hopes and dreams
And mine is that it's Ganon.

Makes sense (More abundant main villain for Zelda, was amongst the top 5 requested for Melee), would have shown up eventually (let me believe), didn't win the ballot (assuredly).

Last edited:

MYU2

Smash Apprentice
The problem I have is that Roger said that the character would be a 8-9 on the hype scale. I'm pretty sure King K. Rool & Inklings are a 10 or rather yet an 11. Weren't both also leading the ballot before it ended? If that's the case then it can't be them.

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
The problem I have is that Roger said that the character would be a 8-9 on the hype scale. I'm pretty sure King K. Rool & Inklings are a 10 or rather yet an 11. Weren't both also leading the ballot before it ended? If that's the case then it can't be them.
I don't think Roger has said it's related to Smash Bros. Just that it's Nintendo related news.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

Aside from the fact that they'd have no obligation to include both if they tied (or even include either at all), I really have to question the statistical odds of those two characters having the exact same number of votes.

Troykv

Smash Master
The Popular character with future that doesn't win the Ballot.... Eh... Bandana Dee?

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Oh...

If the character that wins the ballot ends up being a popular YET no top 10 character...

The sheananigans of the Internet will be BIG indeed.

Inb4 someone popular like Ryu but not as wanted like the leading top ten.

:bowser:

kantoskies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kanto-skies
If that rumor is true and I'm understanding it right, the character could still be one that was popular on the ballot, just not influenced by it (like for example say it's Dixie Kong-- she was probably a popular choice on the ballot but if she was decided to be included before the voting period ended then she's technically not a "ballot winner")

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Rodger never said it was a character. Plus I think its a bit misconstrued to suggest King K. Rool and Inklings would be a 10/11, since its all in perspective.

After months of nothing, would one character be that high? I think a 10 or 11 would be multiple hype characters, not just one.

If that rumor is true and I'm understanding it right, the character could still be one that was popular on the ballot, just not influenced by it (like for example say it's Dixie Kong-- she was probably a popular choice on the ballot but if she was decided to be included before the voting period ended then she's technically not a "ballot winner")
Keep in mind, it could easily be the case that because the ballot just finished, a character getting revealed IMMEDIATELY after it ends means they were chosen without influence via the ballot. I disagree with this notion (I think they could easily pick a character from early ballot results), but that's what this guy might be thinking. If you think about it this way, it could be literally anyone, but more likely a really big character.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
So many leaks and rumors going on it's getting harder to keep track of. Personally, I'm not buying into anything. All I have is a lifted eyebrow for this info Roger has gotten a hold of. The guy gets news, contacts Shofu, then makes Pigma and Leon quotes. The only reason why i'm batting an eye is because it mildly hints towards Wolf. It may just be a tease, in which case I won't be surprised. I don't very much like the guy, anyways.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
So there's all these leaks and rumors going around huh?
They are nothing compared to this leek:

(Note: not a real leak)

On topic, what would everyone's reaction be if a character was released, with no announcement, on December 25th?

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
On topic, what would everyone's reaction be if a character was released, with no announcement, on December 25th?
The Sniper: "It's like Christmas Mornin'." Pretty much the unanimous response, if you ask me. A surprise gift from Sakurai Claus

Last edited:

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace

At least Roger is somewhat more viable than other Youtube users who just make random guesses on what they think Nintendo will do. Still take whatever he saids with a grain of salt here, he may have been a former employee but still some of his information could end up being outdated or something. He's at least got some background on him though.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
At least Roger is somewhat more viable than other Youtube users who just make random guesses on what they think Nintendo will do. Still take whatever he saids with a grain of salt here, he may have been a former employee but still some of his information could end up being outdated or something. He's at least got some background on him though.
That's true, but I don't think Roger would say anything if he didn't legitimately find out some juicy info. That's not really like him to do.

kantoskies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kanto-skies
Keep in mind, it could easily be the case that because the ballot just finished, a character getting revealed IMMEDIATELY after it ends means they were chosen without influence via the ballot. I disagree with this notion (I think they could easily pick a character from early ballot results), but that's what this guy might be thinking. If you think about it this way, it could be literally anyone, but more likely a really big character.
I agree, especially since they easily could have been keeping track of the results as it went along (we had like half a year to do it anyways)

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
That's true, but I don't think Roger would say anything if he didn't legitimately find out some juicy info. That's not really like him to do.
That is also true, he just like any other person who is somewhat associated with Nintendo I agree isn't going to say anything that may get him in trouble. I mean really who would?

Twitter isn't the most vialble sources out there unless someone can actually confirm this, is it true that 7 character slots and 4 stages have been found? Or was looking at that tweet wrong?

EDIT: I'm so vulnerable right now, that I actually had to go to Twitter for news. Has it really came down to this?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQrouHxUkAArqPr.jpg:large

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Chance's of the informant's information being genuine?

Personally I find it all a little

But if it IS Inklings...or indeed K. Rool or via personal bias Toad, then that kills the costume theory dead instantly. Another fan theory will bite the dust.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, can someone fill me in? Roger is a former Nintendo employee... and what did he say exactly?

:231:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom