• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Character Discussion Thread - Read the new sticky/announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen drink your Hatorade elsewhere please.

Roger has been saying the 23rd since the beginning.

This community loves making villains out of people who didn't do ****.
I recall Roger only saying 2 weeks which was 2 weeks ago.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Ninty...

I don't expect Ganon to get in this time around.

I'm not truly hopeful for it.

I'm trying to just get the name out there more so that he'll have more power behind him in Smash 5. It just HELPS that with a lot of the vague terms that leakers give, he fits them. He's basically K. Rool with less popularity and being the key to a larger (in highlighting) franchise.
Never said that I wasn't aware, just stating how the poll's going, just sayin'. However, #TEAMFAKE!!!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
failed text
I'd argue that Mario's popularity being above Mickey is proof tbh
But a whole direct? Put a trailer for upcoming content in a regular direct but it doesn't need another one, there can't be that much new content coming

Here's hoping, I don't want inklings too much to begin with (For smash 4 at least) but another splatoon direct which will leave us praying for news again for the next couple months? No thank you
Nintendo used frozen yogurt to advertise Splatoon. A second direct focusing on updates isn't farfetched. And I'm on team fake anyway

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
He tweeted about the news on the 4th of October which was 16 days ago i.e. a little over 2 weeks by the way

I'd argue that Mario's popularity being above Mickey is proof tbh

Nintendo used frozen yogurt to advertise Splatoon. A second direct focusing on updates isn't farfetched. And I'm on team fake anyway
A frozen yogurt brand deal around the time of release isn't quite the same as a direct 5 months after launch while fans are quite literally begging for news on other titles

Last edited:
3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
Roger has been saying the 23rd since the beginning.

This community loves making villains out of people who didn't do ****.
No, this community loves when someone who is spreading bull**** across said community get's caught.

You know, I never really believed this in the first place. But all I can read here is "Would you look at that my time's up! Thanks for the nice amount of publicity!"

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
But a whole direct? Put a trailer for upcoming content in a regular direct but it doesn't need another one, there can't be that much new content coming

Here's hoping, I don't want inklings too much to begin with (For smash 4 at least) but another splatoon direct which will leave us praying for news again for the next couple months? No thank you
Then why are they in your signature?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I'm a western Fire Emblem fan, what did you expect? Besides, I'll only stop if you stop getting so salty when I take a drink. Roy's the devil for getting Hector killed anyway
I ain't salty but from the looks of your posts, I would say that you secretly have a crush on Roy and your doing your best to hide that fact by pretending to hate him. There's no need to be shy.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Then why are they in your signature?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Only when you admit you're gay for Ike, Sigurd and Hector

One of my favourite lords is Leif btw
Nah, I don't dig dudes personally. As for my my fav's, Roy's my boy but I still like Ike. Sigurd is decent but Hector can take his overrated arse somewhere else.

No, this community loves when someone who is spreading bull**** across said community get's caught.

You know, I never really believed this in the first place. But all I can read here is "Would you look at that my time's up! Thanks for the nice amount of publicity!"
Except he wasn't "spreading bull****"
He had a source and talked about it. Then some other people kept it going. Roger said something and stuck with it because he beleived in his source who had been truthful in the past.

Now he believes his source less and is helping the community by getting rid of all the misinformation.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen drink your Hatorade elsewhere please.

I recall Roger only saying 2 weeks which was 2 weeks ago.
He said "within the next 2 weeks." This week ends on the 23rd. It doesn't matter if its EXACTLY to the same day, sheesh. (And besides, I believe Roger posted his news a Sunday, Stealth posted his on a Tuesday).

Well what do we think?
I see no chance in hell of there being a Splatoon only Direct. There might be enough info to have Splatoon be in a general Direct, but an entire Direct to its own? No way. Especially after a drought. There's no way in hell at this point we'd get a Splatoon-only Direct. It'd be a general Direct with Smash DLC, Splatoon DLC, Mario Maker DKC, maybe MK8 DLC, TP HD, DeNA's game, Pokemon Go, Pikmin 4 (maybe), a Triforce Heroes launch trailer, probably a Zelda U trailer, and a couple of final things like a Nindies segment, Amiibo Festival, and Mario Tennis. Maybe Paper Jam as well.

There's no way, and no reason, to ever get a Splatoon Direct right now. There's simply not enough they could possible reveal for Splatoon.

Last edited:
3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
He had a source and talked about it. Then some other people kept it going. Roger said something and stuck with it because he beleived in his source who had been truthful in the past.

Now he believes his source less and is helping the community by getting rid of all the misinformation.
Whatever ya say boss.

Burruni

Smash Hero
He had a source and talked about it. Then some other people kept it going. Roger said something and stuck with it because of what his source believed in.

He just happens to be caught in the brewing of a massive storm of others claiming to also know information and people growing far more suspicious, agitated, and so on with the longer we go on.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Lies. I prefer women
But...Ike's the most popular Lord...And Hector isn't even the most popular FE7 Lord... He was on what? 6th place in most popular characters?
It's not like I go out my way to hate on popular lords. I don't like Hector because I just find his character to be overrated personally.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
It's not like I go out my way to hate on popular lords. I don't like Hector because I just find his character to be overrated personally.
Here's what you did in the past. You've called Ike bland. You've ranted about how Ike, Sigurd, Hector and Ephraim are only popular for being killing machines. You've lied about Hector, saying he has weak stats and a late promotion, the latter is true...If you play Hector Mode, something you claim you've never played, otherwise Hector promotes about what? 10 chapters earlier? I didn't go out of my way to rant on Roy. Someone didn't know about Roy, I gave them his personality, being a quiet and stoic person, and his battle capabilities

CodeBlue_

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-2347-7011-5339
He only made this post BECAUSE he's not sure about his source anymore. :facepalm:
This wasn't clear in the picture. @Tree Bark took it out of context.

Tbh I'm really not bothered about the Inkling "leak" but more upset with how similar it is to his other presumptuous posts he made in the past with regards to DLC speculation. The ESRB leak and Ridley kinda soured me to him when it comes to Smash (along with a lot of other things, but that's not really for this thread).

Burruni

Smash Hero
This is worse then the Professor Layton issue we had in August.
Because the Layton issue was a) unlikely to begin with because it was about a 3rd party b) wasn't timed around the closing of the ballot c) wasn't when the drought of information was severe d) settled itself in about a week and e) was only one real "Source."

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Here's what you did in the past. You've called Ike bland. You've ranted about how Ike, Sigurd, Hector and Ephraim are only popular for being killing machines. You've lied about Hector, saying he has weak stats and a late promotion, the latter is true...If you play Hector Mode, something you claim you've never played, otherwise Hector promotes about what? 10 chapters earlier? I didn't go out of my way to rant on Roy. Someone didn't know about Roy, I gave them his personality, being a quiet and stoic person, and his battle capabilities
You two ladies need to take your FE Lord pissing contest elsewhere. It's pathetic to read.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Geez! This escalated quickly.

I called Hector bad because that's how he was in my playthrough. For what it's worth, I found him to be pretty good in his own mode. I never recalled calling Ike bland but I do remember saying that most people like those character because of their stats only and I still stand by that statement. You were bashing Roy through like the previous 3 posts before I made that post.

You two ladies need to take your FE Lord pissing contest elsewhere. It's pathetic to read.
Fudge man. Give me a break. I just didn't want to see all these anti-Roy posts hence why I made that post then I got dragged in to all of that. Y'know what? I'll just drop it here. It's gonna go no where again.

Also, i'm a guy smart***.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Nou, this was the last post about it I planned on posting
He tweeted about the news on the 4th of October which was 16 days ago i.e. a little over 2 weeks by the way

A frozen yogurt brand deal around the time of release isn't quite the same as a direct 5 months after launch while fans are quite literally begging for news on other titles
I somehow missed this. I brought the frozen yogurt up because Nintendo is pushing Splatoon like crazy, it outsold Mario Maker in terms of launch sales

CodeBlue_

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-2347-7011-5339
Well, looks like I'm going to unsubscribe from him tonight. He's starting to become as unbearable as a certain pink haired crybaby from the Dressrosa Arc.
Just ignore his Smash stuff. Everything else he has is really good.

Here's Sailor Doffy for you:

this will be my new profile pic btw

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Fudge man. Give me a break. I just didn't want to see all these anti-Roy posts hence why I made that post then I got dragged in to all of that. Y'know what? I'll just drop it here. It's gonna go no where again.

Also, i'm a guy smart***.
Brought up the latest posts for the sake of ease.
It's a military expression mate.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Nou, this was the last post about it I planned on posting

I somehow missed this. I brought the frozen yogurt up because Nintendo is pushing Splatoon like crazy, it outsold Mario Maker in terms of launch sales
I think that it outselling Mario Maker may've had to have been related with how badly it was presented at E3, and its date of release.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
It's finished. I think it does a good explaination.
Oh please. Mario Maker received more marketing than E3 and if anyone didn't buy Mario Maker because of something that happened 14 years ago then they need to stop playing the victim. Nintendo said they wanted to stay as close to the original SMB release as possible and if you're letting 1 thing outside Nintendo's control that's 14 years old affect your purchase of the game period, it's pathetic. Next you'll tell me kids born on 11 September can't celebrate parties on their birthdays as often either. What happened was tragic, but being that whiney after more than a decade, you need to get the stick out your ass

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Though the post is cut off, I have this to say: Mario Maker was Nintendo's biggest game for E3 this year. Splatoon outsold it
And this particular E3 was dreadful with the game getting shoved down our throats at every opportunity during the presentation plus the longer than necessary part at the end with it. Definitely turned some people away from the game.

Consider what Mario was against. Destiny, Metal Gear, Forza, sport titles and Undertale
Splatoon didn't have as many big names to contend with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom