• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Character Discussion Thread - Read the new sticky/announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I voted for Inklings and Bandana Dee using all the devices I could.

Thankfully I was in computer science at the time. :3

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
I voted for Isaac because I like his design best, he has a lot of unique moveset potential, he represents Golden Sun (a series that deserves representation) and is the most iconic Golden Sun character at that and because he is popular overal which increases his chances which makes my vote well spent.

Hyyyyyyype for Isaac!!

Last edited:

BubblegumRebel

Smash Rookie
I voted for Wonder-Red when the ballot started bc my brother convinced me he'd be a good choice (plus I think he deserves a spot), and Paula from Earthbound in like June/July.

The Novice Sword

Smash Apprentice
Well for those of you who didn;t see my vote:

It was EXACTLY 500 characters and proofread by falkoopa :)

I think I really did a good vote :)
Dang...I was always lukewarm to Paper Mario as a character, but that actually really sold me.

Here's hoping.

Burruni

Smash Hero
as someone who hasn't seen gameplay of shantae games

this looks pretty good
Shantae GB admittedly is a "meh" game and basically at best touched later on to reflect on the roots for the games just because the screen crunch is a big issue on it and DEAR GOD THE BACKTRACKING for how slow you can really go.

Risky's Revenge and Pirate's Curse take pride in being fairly quick paced Metroidvanias with some damn solid writing and characters that hold up the relatively short experiences.

Pirate's Curse in particular really pushed the limits of what you could want to try to do for speed giving you a Speed Booster, Glide, and QUADRUPLE JUMP and is the most "combat" heavy of the three, with GB relying most on the puzzles and dungeons to be something more akin to Zelda 2 than the way Wayforward handled the series.

(Buy the games, they're good).

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Since we are on topic and the time is appropriate:

I have voted at least once for my Top 4 being:
Midna
Dark Samus
Ridley
Impa

(Midna & Dark Samus a few more times than the others mind you)

I have considered voting for other characters including; Wolf, Ganon, Shantae, Sceptile, Weavile, and Crash Bandicoot; but ultimately I limited my votes to my Top 4...

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Best of luck to everyone who fought for their favourite character in the Super Smash Bros Fighter Ballot.
...And yes I admit to going around wishing best of luck to the support threads!

MatvaradoxD

Smash Cadet
I voted for my Mach Rider at so many different locations yet I still feel he has no chance at all :( . Hope Omni and the crew makes a Smashified version of him at least... Has anyone else voted for him?

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Reminiscing about who we voted for in the Smash Ballot I see.
My initial vote went to Tetra because of my love for Wind Waker. I figured that Smash didn't have a pirate on the roster, and because Tetra is a cool character she could bring a lot of personality to the game. About a month or so later I threw in a second vote for Toon Zelda because I would love my main to have a partner in Smash, and I figured if not Tetra then Toon Zelda would make a nice alternative that I would be happy with. I love the Toon styled Zelda games in general, so seeing either of these two characters join the roster someday would make me overjoyed.

My last minute vote I did a couple days ago went to Tails the Fox. I loved Sonic games growing up, and Tails was a character that I quickly got attached to. To this day I still consider him one of my favorite video game characters ever. I don't think his chances are that great, but I still felt like I should throw in a vote anyway to let Nintendo know that I would love to see Tails join the Smash roster someday. Like maybe in the next Smash Bros. game whenever that is.

It'll certainly be interesting to see how this all plays out. Whether or not I get any of my top 3 most wanted characters I can still say that I'm very satisfied with the DLC we've gotten already, and I'm so hyped to know that there's even more on the way. Won't be long now, guys. Even though I mostly lurk around these boards, I still enjoyed being on this ride with all of you. It's not quite over yet so happy speculating, everyone.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Actually listening to final hours from majora's mask now.

Seriously, despite the arguments I might have had, I will say this: I never expected I would enjoy to support paper mario so much. Getting OP of the thread was complete luck and it just turned out to be the best thing ever since I had left TTYD gltich hunting (I am back since 2 weeks).

I would say that I am now competetly aware of how hard it is to support a character especially if it;s not among the top requested. Really,, I consider that I went through a lot to do this and I now fully respect those who owns support threads that often have to bump them due to inactivity. Overall, I think I did a pretty good job though.

After the ballot end, my sig will go away and this honestly feel weird to no longer advertise Paper Mario support, but do remember that I would stay active on the forum because when I supported, I realised that social talk here was good enough to make some friends here and it;s weird to think it;s all because I got active in support.

So, to everyone who strongly supported your most wanted, I wish you the best, may the stars spirit be on your side :)

For me, I would still talk a bit in speculation when news happens, but I will no longer focus on advertising paper mario which might not look like it, but it's a big change for me.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
Tears will be shed....

Wills will be broken...

Salt shall poor from every hole...

The final dawn approaches....

It's been fun everyone. The constant banter has been extremely fun and i've met good people. I've become far more knowledgeable about the game industry and especially Nintendo (I was a Sony/MS guy before speculation. Without speculation I never would have played my 3 favorite games, KIU, Xenoblade, and W101). I also feel like I have become a hell of a lot less impulsive and more logical so that is cool.

And I want to keep this community going. If (for some strange reason) the threads are close because the ballot is over The predefined character group will be modified to allow all users to communicate more globally. We're a community at this point. If we want to keep that community, the door will always be open. Plus some of you will likely want to stay together for campaigning (ex if Krool doesn't get in they need somewhere to be to get K rool back in DKC)
http://smashboards.com/social-forums/predefined-role-character-support.1812/

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
It's been fun everyone. The constant banter has been extremely fun and i've met good people. I've become far more knowledgeable about the game industry and especially Nintendo (I was a Sony/MS guy before speculation. Without speculation I never would have played my 3 favorite games, KIU, Xenoblade, and W101). I also feel like I have become a hell of a lot less impulsive and more logical so that is cool.

And I want to keep this community going. If (for some strange reason) the threads are close because the ballot is over The predefined character group will be modified to allow all users to communicate more globally. We're a community at this point. If we want to keep that community, the door will always be open. Plus some of you will likely want to stay together for campaigning (ex if Krool doesn't get in they need somewhere to be to get K rool back in DKC)
http://smashboards.com/social-forums/predefined-role-character-support.1812/
The mods made it clear: no thread closed until DLC is done.

But of course they would be dead anyway.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
It's 11 where I am, should be less than an hour until this shindig is over. After the ballot comes to an end, I do hope however that the Big N has some plans for a new direct this month (Hopefully one where the new president talks about Smash briefly and news about how Sakurai's team is currently tallying the votes).

It's going to be a long year once development on these final batch of DLC characters begin. What's even more exciting is to finding out who these last few choices for the roster may be. Or they could be working on at least one of the ballot choices as we speak.

Burruni

Smash Hero
It's 12:09.

The world has not ended.

Tell the other timezones.

Edit: Sweet fanart, CRAP TOO BIG ADDING SPOILERS

Last edited:

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
They're probably waiting until the entire planet is on the same day. It'll be a long year indeed. Hopefully they'll bring news regarding the Ryu, Roy and Lucas amiibo.

The mods made it clear: no thread closed until DLC is done.

But of course they would be dead anyway.

So much for less impulsive and more logical

But regardless we're open for you folks that are frinds of the deconfimed and we'll be open when you need us!

12:20 AM here. It's the final moments. . .

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
So... In less than an hour, the ballot officially ends (for me), and they can finally choose some characters from it. Am I excited? Not really. We're not getting a character tomorrow, and we probably won't get one till the end of this month. I'm usually not one to be the downer but as optimistic I am, I'm also (to my mind) realistic, and I don't see anything happening for another ridiculously long time. (sighs)

Dawn of the Final Day: 35 Minutes Remain.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Everyone's speaking like it is the end of the road...like they are saying their good-byes...

I feel like this is just the beginning...After a long drought without any DLC Characters and the Ballot is finally coming to a close, THINGS ARE GOING TO START HAPPENING!!!!

....of course, we may still be waiting a bit for it to happen, but IT WILL HAPPEN!!!

I just hope they don't throw everything at us all at once and call it a day...There's waay too much that can be done for DLC even if they aren't characters...like....something that isn't a Mii Costume....

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
It's 10 am of 3rd October here. I'm wondering if the time limit varies by time zones...?

It's about 1:30 pm in Japan now. Someone try checking the Japanese site after it strikes 12 there.

:231:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I think it's safe to say that all of the characters will be revealed at once.
If that ends up being the case, we're going to be in for one hell of a ride.
Imagine Rayman, Wolf, and K. Rool being revealed on the same day.

It would probably be the most hype day in Smash history.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
It is now 12:00, and the ballot is still up. THEY LIED!

Just kidding. I know it wont be instantaneous.
I think it's safe to say that all of the characters will be revealed at once.
If that ends up being the case, we're going to be in for one hell of a ride.
Imagine Rayman, Wolf, and K. Rool being revealed on the same day.

It would probably be the most hype day in Smash history.
They would probably reveal Wolf first if anything. (and then we will get him about 6 months later.) They definantly wont reveal a third party character immediately.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Well....

It's been a good run folks.

Whether it ends now or at the end.

This is the day.

It's odd I'm getting emotional about this.

I guess it isn't Smash per say.

It's not even a character.

It's getting excited and having fun with people.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
For me, it has been a rocky, fun and surprisingly insightful ride.

If I were to recount everything, I could probably write a book detailing everything from pre-E3 2013 to this day. :laugh:

All's well that ends well, as they say. And I do hope that the aftermath of the Smash Ballot ends well for us.

I'll be looking forward to the next speculation scene, whenever that arrives.

To each and every one of you, good luck about the characters you support. :)

:231:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
My prediction for the Direct was that there would be one on on October 7th but with the news that Smash Bros might have an update on the 14th, it could be then.

Still holding on to that prediction as I highly doubt we're going to have any new content after Wave #4 this past Wednesdy. I can see something similar to the 4/1 Direct with the Direct being announced 1 day before (October 6th). I personally believe this direct will reveal 1 character but said character won't be an immediate release.

Last edited:

RosaPeach

Smash Journeyman
Three characters I hope to come true

King K Rool
Rayman
Shantae

Later On
Sora
Inkling
Wolf
Isaac

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
So I'm guessing it is either ending at the end of Japan's October 3rd, or when everone's October 3rd has ended.

Which I suppose means there is at least one more day.

Man, I really do hope they don't leave us hanging too long.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
You know when you say your bittersweet goodbye to somebody near and dear to you, and then the train is delayed so you just stand there awkwardly with nothing to say?

This is basically that.

Oh well, another day, another drama.

I love you guys really tho~ ;3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom