• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Character Discussion Thread - Read the new sticky/announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Paper Mario is 26? Not bad... Not bad...

I'm not a fan of the top five though.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Out of curiosity, could someone help me out on figuring out what these statistics on pokemon newcomers would mean for the ballot?
Now obviously I can tell it doesn't mean Jirachi has more votes than Sceptile or probably even close to it, but does it mean the more casual parts of the audience would be more likely to vote for Jirachi opposed to Sceptile, or am I misinterpreting the data? I'm honestly pretty confused by this (seriously Jirachi being able to trade spots with Sceptile every month since the Ballot began makes absolutely no sense whatsoever and I'm inclined to believe Delphox would generate more interest than that) and would like some direction on how to interpret what statistics like these actually mean, any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Square Enix is severely disliked on these polls. Bartz didn't make it to top 100. I am happy that Solid Snake and King K Rool are top 10.
Because square Enix fans are mostly not smash fans and you don't find a lot of them on smash communities (and that's includes Geno as well after brawl) but if you bring all the fans you will see they would rank at least in the top 25.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Chibi Robo #9 :o

The dream is alive
I suppose Chibi-Robo is the archetype of the character who doesn't look like he's getting tons of vocal support, but rather mostly benefits from the lack of dislike. He looks unique and rather cool, but he lacks something (most likely due to his historically niche status) that makes him a top choice for many people, who instead consider him as an afterthought compared to other characters but they still see as a worthy candidate. To be honest I think I'm myself among those people.

Just a quick analysis, not saying there's anything wrong with that. Or maybe it's just the amiibo bandwagon

Robi-Wan

Smash Cadet
NNID
Freed0m8
Wow, it's been a while since I've posted. I wanted to post in the character discussion thread again because the last time I posted I went on and on about how Ryu wouldn't be an original character in Smash. That he would be boring, his moves too similar to other characters. Boy was I wrong...

He's my main now! He's amazing! He is SO unique. Daddy Sakurai hit this one out of the park. I am so happy that Ryu was put into Smash. I was like a giddy school girl when I saw the reveal (I honestly changed my mind before the reveal). "What are you doing to me Daddy Sakurai!? What are you doing to me!?" is what I yelled. I've loved Street Fighter since I was like six years old, playing Street Fighter II on the SNES. I played the original Street Fighter in arcades when I was about four years old. I love the Street Fighter II V anime. The animated movie. I was blown away.

I can't wait to get my hands on the Ryu amiibo when it lands.

I do still think Simon Belmont would make a great newcomer. I have posted a moveset on here but I've seen other good ones. So many good ideas and the stage and music would be beyond epic.

Anyways, love Ryu. So much love. So much love went into him from the sound effects, the faithfulness to his roots in terms of gameplay design, his stage and music. Only character with extra tilts. *Sigh*

Can you main Ryu? SUREYOUCAN!

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
So, just for funsies, who's most wanted character is the lowest/doing the worst? My most wanted character, Dark Matter is...#225, let's see if anyone can beat that :laugh:.

Edit:I was off by a number

Last edited:

Alph Aran

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AlphSquad
Logo12 Logo12
found out the top 102 the the individual character poll:

Check if you character ranked well.
The black wind howls... Nice to see Crono being really considered by the voters. New Mii class? Looks like there are significantly more people that like the idea of Mii Fighters more than those that don't. Dark Samus ranked way above Sylux? Aw heck naw!

Tharja (#102, wow we're so uncomfortably silent. Wouldn't know if the guy next to me voted for her)
Corrin (#115, the year is 2016, er, 2015)
Daisy (#122)
Crypto (UNRANKED OR UNKNOWN)
Brittany (#168)
Paper Mario (#26)

memoryman3 memoryman3 Daisy can rank lower and lower in these unofficial polls for all I care since the polls only represent the choices of the people that participated in them, not the overall masses for the ballot.

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
Because square Enix fans are mostly not smash fans and you don't find a lot of them on smash communities (and that's includes Geno as well after brawl) but if you bring all the fans you will see they would rank at least in the top 25.
It would be interesting to see who those fans would like to see in Smash. After all, both halves of Square Enix has Nintendo history and in my opinion, would be worth bringing to Smash. Also, I think Geno and Cloud are requested or at least more vocally wanted in Japan according to a SourceGaming poll, if I am not mistaken.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
The black wind howls... Nice to see Crono being really considered by the voters. New Mii class? Looks like there are significantly more people that like the idea of Mii Fighters more than those that don't. Dark Samus ranked way above Sylux? Aw heck naw!

Tharja (#102, wow we're so uncomfortably silent. Wouldn't know if the guy next to me voted for her)
Corrin (#115, the year is 2016, er, 2015)
Daisy (#122)
Crypto (UNRANKED OR UNKNOWN)
Brittany (#168)
Paper Mario (#26)

memoryman3 memoryman3 Daisy can rank lower and lower in these unofficial polls for all I care since the polls only represent the choices of the people that participated in them, not the overall masses for the ballot.
Crypto isn't in the Individual Character Poll fyi, dunt ask me why instead ask bluepikmin to make a part 6 solely for that

Logo12 Logo12

I checked my Top 12:
Wolf (#1)
King K. Rool (#6)
Bomberman (#8)
Bandana Dee (#18)
Ridley (#22)
Captain Toad (#32)
Black Mage (#35)
Gengar (#52)
Classic Ganon (#62)
Kamek (#152)
Magolor (#154)
Meowth (#199)

I am positively surprised how well Gengar did in that poll! :crazy: He is 4th highest-ranking Pokemon (losing to Squirtle, Ivysaur and Sceptile).

Little disappointed that K. Rool wasn't in the Top 3 and Dee wasn't in the Top 10. Also disappointed how low Kamek, Magolor and Meowth ranked, but I expected that they wouldn't do well.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
http://www.dispatchtimes.com/star-fox-zero-delayed-to-2016/94122/

Key quote:

"Were you hoping to pick up Star Fox Zero this year for the Wii U? As the story goes King K. Rool has nabbed all of the crystal bananas so it’s up to DK along with Diddy plus a few Kong cameos in order to help a banana from another dimension imaginatively named Xananab."

King K. Rool confirmed for Star Fox Zero... and for Sm4sh as advertising for the game? :p

Argos

Smash Apprentice
Good: Bomberman and Chibi-Robo firmly within the top ten. Bad: Mallo and Captain Syrup at 124 and 125, respectively. You win some you lose some, I suppose.

(Also, 12 year old me would have been furious that Stanley the Bugman ranks a beyond pitiful 426. Current me, not as much.)

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Logo12 Logo12

ok lets check my top 10 and my opnion on it:
1. Geno: ranked [45]
this poll did not collect most of the SMRPG fanbase that are outside of smash communtity so i really dont care how he is ranked in these kind of polls, also there is alot of Geno haters in smashboards so i am not really surprised about how many no he did get.
2. Isaac: ranked [5]
i am very happy about him and see more Golden sun love.
3. Wolf: ranked [1]
he is pretty much going to be added as DLC.
4. King K. Rool: ranked [6] not surprised he will always be in the top 10 in any poll and i am glad that he is.
5. Ninten: ranked [161]
the main reason why he gets alot of no only because "he looks very similar to Ness he would be a clone ewww" but i dissagree with them, but none Mother character are really high on the poll because Lucas DLC was enogh for Mother fans to make them happy.
6. Alex Kidd: ranked [347] he only has a few fans and supporters so...
7. Ice climbers: ranked [3] there is a ton of people that loves them and they have awesome moveset of course they would be highly wanted.
8. Bomberman: ranked [8]i am very surprised that he is in the top 10 i thought his supportsn died after brawl, but of course alot of people wants to see Mario vs Sonic vs Megaman vs Bomberman vs Pac-man the battle of the legendaries video game characters in smash.
9. Black Mage: ranked [35] Nope, Black mage cant beat Geno, BLACK MAGE CANT BEAT GENO, but as i said before this poll did not collect most of the SMRPG fanbase outside of smash community, nice to see Black Mage gets some love, but seeing him beating Geno is just a big NO from me because i am sure Geno will always be the most requested Square enix character and beat all other Square enix characters (unless if the SMRPG fanbase dissapeared forever wich it could happen after 10 years if Geno didnt reutern).
10. Mach Rider: ranked [85] SSB Crusade made people wants Mach Rider in a real smash game more, he is fun to play as, but his problem that he only has a few fans, if he had more fans he would probably be in the top 50, but being in the top 100 as retro character is way better than being in the top 150.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Takamaru is in the Top 30. And people say that boring swordsmen don't deserve to be in Smash. :p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Simon Belmont is number 20.....
Good, Good....... it' doesn't mean anything but it's still good to see that for me.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Fake or not, all leaks get people talking which in turn is beneficial for the characters.

I thought it was fake from beginning.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Fake or not, all leaks get people talking which in turn is beneficial for the characters.

I thought it was fake from beginning.
Are you talking about the Shovel Knight leak or the results of the SourceGaming poll that Logo12 calculated.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
'a bit' is the opposite of exaggeration.

IMHO anyone below the 20 mark is doing terribly and most likley won't become dlc if that is the case for the real ballot.

But this is my dumb logic here......

Troykv

Smash Master
Viridi is 108 and yet Reckless wiimote safety guy is 88
*sigh* You have all failed me.

I blame "muh reps"
The Muh Reps argument is the reason behind some relatively bad scores in several Fire Emblem Characters

Still... Micaiah 113rd place from 438 places is really good with her sittuation.

PD: I feel weird see almost every Fire Emblem Character (but Eliwood and Leif) over Daisy xDUUUU

Last edited:
Also quick addition. There are no negative votes on the poll. (well. you COULD but it would likely backfire)
so pretty much all of the 1s and 2s are useless. It's the actual votes that matter. Even then this is a fanpoll so in the great scheme of things it doesn't matter anyway. . .

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
You're being a bit obsessive here. Every post has been about Daisy even if the topic has nothing to do with her. You don't need to bring her up in every conversation. You don't see me bringing up Viridi in every post.
I'm a Daisy fan but I don't understand this post? I barely bring her up here in the general thread due to her overall......controversy.

I'm a Daisy fan but I don't understand this post? I barely bring her up here in the general thread due to her overall......controversy.
Yeah uh about that

Wow...

Daisy didn't even make top 100.....
Daisy #122 despite having the 9th largest support thread....

:(
At least Viridi and Elma are higher than Daisy.

What caused such a stigma around Daisy anyways?
I still can't believe that Daisy didn't crack top 100
She's way high up compared to Daisy....
These are all TODAY mind you. And all of these but 1 are replys to posts having nothing to do with her.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
It's just this:

One of these days, people will realize that no matter how much potential she has, Daisy still looks like a Peach clone.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Really exciting to see Snake at #5. Not to mention, I'd be good will pretty much anybody in the top 10.

Frankly, even if Snake doesn't come back, I feel like there's no way I could possibly be disappointed by the Ballot results.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Really exciting to see Snake at #5. Not to mention, I'd be good will pretty much anybody in the top 10.

Frankly, even if Snake doesn't come back, I feel like there's no way I could possibly be disappointed by the Ballot results.
Best not to tempt fate, now. :p

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Sigh...not this again.

...Not sure what you tried to prove here? I mean she has a different hairstyle, and she is a tiny bit shorter, but ok? I mean, technically Wii fit trainer Female was shorter than her male counterpart, but they were adjusted to be the same height. Heck, the koopalings are totally different, and they still managed to work. Even Daisy looked a tiny bit noticeably different from peach, they could still make her hurtboxes/hitboxes exactly the same.

Don't get me wrong, I think a majority of people think she would probably have a sports moveset if not a clone...but thats also a problem. Do people really care about sports all that much here? Like would it be interesting? Sure, it's unique, but do people care about it?

I think the overall problem with Daisy is that she doesn't have anything really going for her.

Rosalina beat her out in terms of character with her whole backstory business. Waluigi beats her out in terms of hilarity. What does Daisy have? She's a tomboy? A whole bunch of other characters in gaming are as well.

The only main series game she appeared in was Mario Land, which she didn't do anything in other than exist. Even then, the only reason she did was to help build the brand new world Mario was in...which hasn't been brought back since. Characters like Rosalina were at least more involved in the plot.

Overall, why would people who don't care about Daisy, want her? Thats the main problem I feel. I mean sure, I'm a tiny bit hypocritical when I say that involving Bandana Dee who is in a similar boat, but at least people want a new Kirby character and/or could be interested in the idea of a spear based moveset. And thats another thing, Daisy is in a majorly populated series.

Daisy has everything against her I'm sorry to say.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
In a nutshell, that poll doesn't so much measure who is most popular, but who is most universally liked. You have characters like Inkling that no one vocally dislikes with fewer 5 votes than K. Rool, but a higher ranking overall due to fewer vocal detractors. And then, of course, if you have characters like DIHSO that people have come to near universally loathe due to GameFAQs spam, they place way low, even if they're way more recognizable than dozens of the characters above them.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Sigh...not this again.

Sure, when you compare them, they're slightly different.

But to the average joe-shmo, it's just another princess.

In a nutshell, that poll doesn't so much measure who is most popular, but who is most universally liked. You have characters like Inkling that no one vocally dislikes with fewer 5 votes than K. Rool, but a higher ranking overall due to fewer vocal detractors. And then, of course, if you have characters like DIHSO that people have come to near universally loathe due to GameFAQs spam, they place way low, even if they're way more recognizable than dozens of the characters above them.
Right... After all, the ballot isn't a popularity contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom