• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Character Discussion Thread - Read the new sticky/announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Here is my tier list of ranking the probabilities of getting in Smash:

S:
K Rool / Inkling / Wolf / Isaac

A:
Krystal / Bandana Dee / Rayman / Ice Climbers / Shovel Knight / Dixie Kong / Chibi Robo

B:

Shantae / Snake / Bomberman / Banjo & Kazooie / Impa / Paper Mario / Simon Belmont / Bayonetta / Custom Robo / Phoenix Wright / Professor Layton
I'm sorry, but how can Ice Climbers be on the list at all?

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Also, I'm almost positive that we're getting Wolf and Bandana Dee at some point. I'm very confident about it.

Kabutops

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure that of he did find a way, they'd be in the game already.
It is possible that they ran in to some difficulty programming them & just walked away from them to focus on other aspects of the game due to time constraints.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
It is possible that they ran in to some difficulty programming them & just walked away from them to focus on other aspects of the game due to time constraints.
It's been confirmed that he spent a wealthy amount of time on them.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Yeah, I'm almost 99% sure about Bandana Dee (and especially Wolf).

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
We'll see.

Regardless of what they said occurred during development, I don't think they can be completely ruled out yet. There is big demand for them so we'll see what happens.
You realize that it could take years, right? I say we move on.

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Let's put it this way. I honestly believe, that if the Ice Climbers do come back, they will be automatically added to the update, and given for free because we were supposed to get them anyway.

It would be really sad if a character that the devs put work into, and finished for Wii U, aren't available for us to play.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
It would be really sad if a character that the devs put work into, and finished for Wii U, aren't available for us to play.
It'd be really sad if the devs decided to make a costume of the most requested character instead of making him playable. The K.Rool kostume happened and got it's own exclusive jiggle physics
Still doesn't rule out Ice Climbers.
Look at this from a developer's perspective. What's smarter? Spending lots of time and money in an attempt to get something to work on a system that can't handle it, or using said time and money on different stuff?

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
It'd be really sad if the devs decided to make a costume of the most requested character instead of making him playable. The K.Rool kostume happened and got it's own exclusive jiggle physics

Look at this from a developer's perspective. What's smarter? Spending lots of time and money in an attempt to get something to work on a system that can't handle it, or using said time and money on different stuff?
Wait
Wait
Wait
Jiggle physics?

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
I really want the ICs back. Even if they're not on 3DS or in eight player mode. On that note, I think that the best way to handle this would be to make them exclusive to the basic Smash mode on Wii U only. It'd definitely be possible -- eight player smash is proof.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I really want the ICs back. Even if they're not on 3DS or in eight player mode. On that note, I think that the best way to handle this would be to make them exclusive to the basic Smash mode on Wii U only. It'd definitely be possible -- eight player smash is proof.
8 player Smash can't even handle Metal Face, so nope, not to mention making a character exclusive to the less popular version will certainly be career suicide

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
There will never be a version exclusive character in Super Smash Bros. If there was ever going to be one if would have happened already.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Guys, I can 100% confirm that the Ice Climbers aren't coming back, unfortunately. In fact, the same goes for Ivysaur.

Edit: Auto-correct needs to die.

Last edited:

TylerBlackRunIt

I'm from YouTube
3DS FC
2509-3601-8302
I just got finished making "What If Sceptile Was Announced For SSB4? [Fan-Made Trailer]" video. I think the video turn out really good.... :001:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Guys, I can 100% confirm that the Ice Climbers aren't coming back, unfortunately. In fact, the same goes for Snake.
Do tell what completely and absolutely reliable source you get your information from.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I just got finished making "What If Sceptile Was Announced For SSB4? [Fan-Made Trailer]" video. I think the video turn out really good.... :001:
Nice video, don't think Sceptile will be included, because Mewtwo, but great nonetheless! :)

Fixed. With a little something special.
... etc implies that there is more to add. adding that extra and keeping the etc. makes the "fix" pointless. Adding the little something makes it false :/

Also IC are dead in the water. They definitely cant work on the 3ds version and it's definitely a possibility they didnt work in 8 player smash. and since we absolutely arent getting version exclusive characters. . .I guess the'll get their chance another game.

Kabutops

Smash Journeyman
Remember that Sakurai is very passionate about his games & spending a little extra time trying make something he really likes work sounds like something he would do as long as it's not too impractical. It is possible that he really likes Ice Climbers. He's had plenty of time since the release of the game to think about the things that went wrong when they were trying to program them. It is possible that a solution may have came to light since then & if that were the case, Sakurai would probably take another stab at programming them.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Guys, I can 100% confirm that the Ice Climbers aren't coming back, unfortunately. In fact, the same goes for Snake.
I told you in the Snake thread that this wasn't true yet in his case AND YOU UNDERSTOOD ME.

So why are you suddenly saying his chances are dead again?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I present to you a choice.

or

Dead or Alive for life, though my girlfriend personally finds the Senran Kagura games more fun. I wouldn't mind Kasumi or Asuka in Smash whenever Sakurai goes back to the T rated route. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Remember that Sakurai is very passionate about his games & spending a little extra time trying make something he really likes work sounds like something he would as long as it's not too impractical. It is possible that he probably really likes Ice Climbers. He's had plenty of time since the release of the game to think about the things that went wrong when they were trying to program them. It is possible that a solution may have came to light since then & if that were the case, Sakurai would probably take another stab at programming them.
He liked Lucas and Wolf. Not a good excuse, not to mention again, the 3DS simply can't handle 8 60fps characters with 4 of them using that A.I method, it's literally impossible. Sakurai has a much lower budget and team now too

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I told you in the Snake thread that this wasn't true yet in his case AND YOU UNDERSTOOD ME.

So why are you suddenly saying his chances are dead again?
Sorry, it was a mistake, auto-correct on my phone sucks. It auto-corrected from Ivysaur.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
The only way Ice Climbers could possibly come back in Smash 4 is if they were a solo unit rather than a pair, but even then that's very unlikely. They can't be made to work as a pair, Sakurai has made this explicitly clear.

Your best bet is waiting for the next game or a NX exclusive "Ultimate" Super Smash Bros. 4.
It's too bad too, I feel like there's a huge Ice Climbers-shaped hole in the roster.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Dead or Alive for life, though my girlfriend personally finds the Senran Kagura games more fun. I wouldn't mind Kasumi or Asuka in Smash whenever Sakurai goes back to the T rated route. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
It should say enough that I was worried about mods being upset if I posted up the European box art for that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom