• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DITCIT combos (forward tossed)

Jehtt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TurboJett
Is the timing different on the Wiichuck or is it just easier to input?

Unclesatan

Smash Apprentice
I've got a capture card, if you shoW me that video of your hands I can practice it and make a video about it

Last edited:

xIvan321

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xIvan321
Is the timing different on the Wiichuck or is it just easier to input?
Its just easier the conventional way, meaning if you can already do this on the GC remote, all it takes is just to add forward on the smash d-pad before you up smash on the Wiimote and Nunchuck. Its easier and you can slide forward and pivot (back) as stated before taking advantage of defensive and offensive options. Pivot is really useful still despite not really comboing. Its good against reflectors if you want a GTFO of there option.

AB Smash is just for those who just want to do it without the c-stick and still do forward without changing controllers. I'd personally say its worth switching controllers over, but that's just me, I'll leave that up to you.

SimplyChrono

Smash Cadet
NNID
SimplyChrono
3DS FC
0147-1307-4927
I don't know if anyone is aware of this but an easier method to do the ditcit is to run press and hold A and B then up (with A+B smash attack) so the inputs are:
:GCR:>>>:GCA:+:GCB:>>>:GCU: for the up throw
:GCR:>>>:GCA:+:GCB:>>>:GCUR: for the forward throw (the last input has to be 30º or so)
Note: i still don't know the timing so don't ask :grin:

Last edited:

Jehtt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TurboJett
Are you certain that works? You say you don't know the timing... does that mean you haven't gotten it before?

SimplyChrono

Smash Cadet
NNID
SimplyChrono
3DS FC
0147-1307-4927
It does work, i'm still not certain of the timing but i gotten both throws more often doing it like i said than how it says on the OP.
I think the timing is pretty much the same as the OP says (i'm still not 100% sure).

Last edited:

SimplyChrono

Smash Cadet
NNID
SimplyChrono
3DS FC
0147-1307-4927
Yup i practice this yesterday for like 2 hours until i found out the other method (holding A+B after dash) which is easier, at least to me.

Last edited:

SimplyChrono

Smash Cadet
NNID
SimplyChrono
3DS FC
0147-1307-4927
Wait, so you dash, press and hold A+B and then press up?
Yes, you dash holding the stick where you're facing then you A+B and you hold them then you transition the stick from right to up if facing right (left to up if facing left duuh lol).
Note: the timing on the stick transition from right to up (or left to up) is a pretty tricky timing so it might not work at first, just keep on trying until you get the timing.

Last edited:

Rush 2112

Tag: 2112 (Twenty-one Twelve)
NNID
KevinOfNine
For this new method, do you have to bring the stick back to neutral before transitioning to up? I can't seem to get it, up or forward. It seems like I did a short forward boost, cause I threw forward without getting the usual dash throw animation but MM didn't go farther than usual.

I can't seem to get any method to work and I don't really understand the first method. Is it important to press A before B and why? Do I run by press forward then tilt down 30 degrees, then do buttons, then flick up to 30 degrees? Do I have to go to neutral then?

SimplyChrono

Smash Cadet
NNID
SimplyChrono
3DS FC
0147-1307-4927
You don't reset the stick to neutral you hold the stick to the right or left then A+B then up like my last comment said, I guess I wasn't clear enough sorry :grin:.
Note: you dont down tilt your stick 30 degrees, YOU RUN AND HOLD THE STICK (YOU DON'T RESET TO NEUTRAL YOUR STICK) THEN A+B (YOU HOLD THEM TOO) THEN UP, the 30 degree angle I was talking about refers to the forward throw instead of going up with the stick you go like:GCUR: but just a bit below that.

Last edited:

Curisu

Smash Cadet
I can't seem to get any method to work and I don't really understand the first method. Is it important to press A before B and why?
Yes. What I think happens is the initial press of A tosses the item. Since you are still holding A, pressing B will cause Megaman to do a smash attack. It looks like we are cancelling a regular throw with a smash throw or something weird like that... I'm not an expert though, so if someone out there knows what actually happens I would love to know!

Do I run by press forward then tilt down 30 degrees, then do buttons, then flick up to 30 degrees? Do I have to go to neutral then?
You dash, go to neutral, then press up or up/right. (I don't know if going to neutral is necessary, this is how I've gotten it to work) For timing I have found it works when up (or up/right) is inputted at the same time you input B. The timing is easier to understand if you think about the c-stick method. A is replacing Z. And the A/B smash and up input replaces the up c-stick input. So we are pressing up with the left hand and smash with the right hand instead of both with the c-stick.

To recap:
Up toss
Dash > item toss > up/smash item toss

Forward toss
Dash > item toss > up-right/smash item toss

Why would you down tilt 30 degrees? Did I miss something?

Last edited:

SimplyChrono

Smash Cadet
NNID
SimplyChrono
3DS FC
0147-1307-4927
Yes. What I think happens is the initial press of A tosses the item. Since you are still holding A, pressing B will cause Megaman to do a smash attack. It looks like we are cancelling a regular throw with a smash throw or something weird like that... I'm not an expert though, so if someone out there knows what actually happens I would love to know!

You dash, go to neutral, then press up or up/right. (I don't know if going to neutral is necessary, this is how I've gotten it to work) For timing I have found it works when up (or up/right) is inputted at the same time you input B. The timing is easier to understand if you think about the c-stick method. A is replacing Z. And the A/B smash and up input replaces the up c-stick input. So we are pressing up with the left hand and smash with the right hand instead of both with the c-stick.

To recap:
Up toss

Forward toss

You don't reset to neutral (this is very important), DON'T RESET YOUR STICK TO NEUTRAL.

xIvan321

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xIvan321
It would break your dash making it harder to perform. The dash is necessary for a running toss while the flick/quick tilting motion is also necessary too as well as A since when it was first introduced, it was said to be required.

However, since you mentioned its worked for you that way I guess that might be fine, but that doesn't work for me.

Curisu

Smash Cadet
Oh okay. Megaman and other characters that can do this slide a little when you go back to neutral. I always input the buttons when the dash animation stops and the slide starts, it helped me figure out the timing. I'll start trying it without going to neutral. I'm sure it's easier xD

SimplyChrono

Smash Cadet
NNID
SimplyChrono
3DS FC
0147-1307-4927
Oh okay. Megaman and other characters that can do this slide a little when you go back to neutral. I always input the buttons when the dash animation stops and the slide starts, it helped me figure out the timing. I'll start trying it without going to neutral. I'm sure it's easier xD
Is much easier if you don't reset your stick to neutral, at least from my experience, maybe I'll try with resetting to neutral.

Rush 2112

Tag: 2112 (Twenty-one Twelve)
NNID
KevinOfNine
You don't reset the stick to neutral you hold the stick to the right or left then A+B then up like my last comment said, I guess I wasn't clear enough sorry :grin:.
Note: you dont down tilt your stick 30 degrees, YOU RUN AND HOLD THE STICK (YOU DON'T RESET TO NEUTRAL YOUR STICK) THEN A+B (YOU HOLD THEM TOO) THEN UP, the 30 degree angle I was talking about refers to the forward throw instead of going up with the stick you go like:GCUR: but just a bit below that.
Nah it was clear, I just wanted to clarify cause with the up booster you go to neutral. I was trying to do it without neutral and was failing. Trying this was the first time I ever even used the A+B feature so maybe I'm doing it wrong.

To recap:
Up toss

Forward toss

There's a post somewhere up there that suggests a down tilt at some point. I'm seeing a lot of different symbols and methods which is a bit confusing. I've tried them all but maybe not for long enough. I will keep trying though.

Some of what you wrote here might help a bit next time I try, thanks.

I find it a bit hard to really "flick" the stick up to such a short angle when it's already all the way to the right. It only has a short distance to go so it feels like it should be easier. I am using a classic controller so I dunno how that compares to other sticks.

Last edited:

Jehtt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TurboJett
I don't know if anyone is aware of this but an easier method to do the ditcit is to run press and hold A and B then up (with A+B smash attack) so the inputs are:
:GCR:>>>:GCA:+:GCB:>>>:GCUR: for the forward throw (the last input has to be 30º or so)
Could you videotape your hands since xlvan hasn't delivered?

xIvan321

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xIvan321
I do apologize if I failed to have deliver, but I can never seem to find time to get it done. I had loan my game the passed weeks to my girlfriend and I got it back just about the day this patch came. I just haven't found time or the peace and quiet to finally do it. If anyone still wants to provide that video, then by all means do so. I'll still do the same at some point, but I leave you without a promised deadline... but I'll eventually get to it. I'd hope at least that would happen sooner.

Last edited:

juice.Zucco

Smash Cadet
Im still not good at this but ive managed to do it way more times today(small slides throwing forward, not many going the full distance) by just doing it with your method so thanks for posting this.

SimplyChrono

Smash Cadet
NNID
SimplyChrono
3DS FC
0147-1307-4927
Im still not good at this but ive managed to do it way more times today(small slides throwing forward, not many going the full distance) by just doing it with your method so thanks for posting this.
No problem zucco, it's pretty easy once you get the timing down.

SimplyChrono

Smash Cadet
NNID
SimplyChrono
3DS FC
0147-1307-4927
Update: it looks like you don't need to press and hold A+B you just need to press them and then transition your stick from right to up (or left to up) really quickly, this is because the timing for when you press A+B and then transition your stick from right to up is almost exactly the same, i would say the timing is a couple of frames or like a quarter of a second.

Last edited:

glenn

Smash Cadet
Does anyone know if the A+B method works with controls set to tilt attacks? I know the regular method using Z and cstickUp doesn't, but hopefully this gets around that.

xIvan321

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xIvan321
Does anyone know if the A+B method works with controls set to tilt attacks? I know the regular method using Z and cstickUp doesn't, but hopefully this gets around that.
A+B does not use the C-Stick in any sort of way what so ever. Tilt on brah. Smash if you want to DITCIT upwards easier, not that the up toss is that beneficial in any sort of way. Only for approach mixups like vs reflectors, however I think pivot toss does that better since you could cover their roll if they do and they get hit by it anyways. However pivot seems to be exclusive to the Wiimote and Nunchuck

So... yeah if you're that dedicated to having this tech down the fastest, I would highly suggest switching over to that particular controller if you can or even want to. I do have a few videos of me after I uploaded this one showing off how useful it is including one vs a Captain Falcon and Jigglypuff. I didn't play the best in those videos nor were the opponents actually good, but they do showcase every form of DITCIT as in all directions (forward, pivot, up) in what exactly they can do for you in a match.

All it really takes is forward on the D-pad before up just like you do for the up toss glide on the regular controller. only issue is c-stick needs to return to neutral which is why its just not possible to do it fast enough in time... Which is why my video explicitly recommends a different controller. (Only if you want to go that far.)

glenn

Smash Cadet
Thanks xlvan321, that's good to know. The tech isn't that important to me. At least, not important enough to swap to a different controller, but I am interested in playing around with it a bit, so it's good to know that I don't have to sacrifice tilts.

Curisu

Smash Cadet
Nah it was clear, I just wanted to clarify cause with the up booster you go to neutral. I was trying to do it without neutral and was failing. Trying this was the first time I ever even used the A+B feature so maybe I'm doing it wrong.

There's a post somewhere up there that suggests a down tilt at some point. I'm seeing a lot of different symbols and methods which is a bit confusing. I've tried them all but maybe not for long enough. I will keep trying though.

Some of what you wrote here might help a bit next time I try, thanks.

I find it a bit hard to really "flick" the stick up to such a short angle when it's already all the way to the right. It only has a short distance to go so it feels like it should be easier. I am using a classic controller so I dunno how that compares to other sticks.
Yea it is confusing. It definitely works going to neutral or not. It doesn't take any less time or anything. It's just preference at this point, it does seem more logical just to go straight from right to up though. I find the forward toss much harder to perform with the c stick and a+b techniques, it will take a lot of serious dedication to perform consistently. My friend says it's just not worth it xD.

cot(θ)

Smash Journeyman
I was trying to incorporate tap jump in my game, but it seems that this method doesn't work with tap jump :/
That's OK - tap jump is garbage. Use the jump button for JC OOS options.

Jehtt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TurboJett
You could set a trigger to jump like I do. It makes Jump cancel glide tossing and OOS up smash easier.

ScAtt77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScAtt77
So after about a month, I still can't successfully forward toss DITCIT using the A+B smash method on the wii chuk. Has anyone been successful with this method on the wii chuk yet? I'm not sure why I can do it so well on the GC controller but I can't even do it once on the wii chuk. :l

xIvan321

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xIvan321
So after about a month, I still can't successfully forward toss DITCIT using the A+B smash method on the wii chuk. Has anyone been successful with this method on the wii chuk yet? I'm not sure why I can do it so well on the GC controller but I can't even do it once on the wii chuk. :l
I have I guess being so used to my own controller and all. I do have more trouble with the GC remote AB Smashing, but I can do it globally across all controllers including the 3DS.

ScAtt77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScAtt77
I have I guess being so used to my own controller and all. I do have more trouble with the GC remote AB Smashing, but I can do it globally across all controllers including the 3DS.
Just to reiterate and to confirm, you've done the AB smash method on the Wii chuk, correct? No d-pad involved at all? Maybe it is just me being bad with timing, but it seems like it's impossible to do it, especially considering that you can't actually perform AB smash like you can on the GC controller ( You actually have to press forward on the wii chuk to do a smash attack with AB smash; otherwise, the A+B input on the wii chuk overrides the AB smash input in my experiences)

Top Bottom