• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DITCIT combos (forward tossed)

Zori

Smash Champion
This is awesome but the directions kinda confuse me. I am a controller user

Blue24

Smash Cadet
Can you post the GameCube cotoller forward throw by using the directional icons as seen in the stickied list of mega man techniques guide.

xIvan321

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xIvan321
Can you post the GameCube cotoller forward throw by using the directional icons as seen in the stickied list of mega man techniques guide.
The only way is through AB Smash for GC controller which look something like this:

:GCR:>>>:GCDR::GCR:/:GCUR:+:GCA:(press and hold down) Then :GCB: immediately

Otherwise if using the Wiimote and Nunchuck, it looks something like this:

:GCR:>>>:GCUR:+:GCA:>>>:GCCR:(or):GCCL:>>>:GCCU:

That is how it looks like. The second method would require the GameCube controller to return the C-Stick to neutral position and do it really fast. That is why its impossible to pull on GC. AB Smash is the only option a lot of people may actually have and the closest to easier method. At the same time you're (optionally) not sacrificing tilts for smash attack.

Last edited:

Appledees

Smash Apprentice
What about the wii u pro contoller

would it be similar to the GC controller input or is it completely different.

Last edited:

ScAtt77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScAtt77
Thanks for the showcase. I really want to get this down myself and it was great for clarification since I'm a wii-chuk user myself. However, there are a couple of things that I'm still confused/curious about:

- What are all of your buttons set to on the wiimote? I have the side inputs of my d-pad set to grab and the up and down inputs set to up smash and down smash respectively.

- In your video, you these steps listed:

"To preform a forward/pivot toss on Wiimote and Nunchuck:"
1)Dash
2)Flick Upwards,
3)Attack
4)Forward Smash,
5)Up Smash

What exactly are you flicking upwards? Do you mean flick upwards on the d-pad, or on the nunchuk's control stick?

xIvan321

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xIvan321
Thanks for the showcase. I really want to get this down myself and it was great for clarification since I'm a wii-chuk user myself. However, there are a couple of things that I'm still confused/curious about:

- What are all of your buttons set to on the wiimote? I have the side inputs of my d-pad set to grab and the up and down inputs set to up smash and down smash respectively.

- In your video, you these steps listed:

"To preform a forward/pivot toss on Wiimote and Nunchuck:"
1)Dash
2)Flick Upwards,
3)Attack
4)Forward Smash,
5)Up Smash

What exactly are you flicking upwards? Do you mean flick upwards on the d-pad, or on the nunchuk's control stick?
-My controls on the Wiimote & Nunchuck are and have always been:

D-Pad: Smash Attacks (All directions)
A button: Special Attacks
B Button: Jump
Z Button: Attack
C Button: Shield
A+B Button: Special Attack

Other info:
tap jump off,
shake to smash off,
and Smash A+B

-I mean to flick up on the left control stick rather than to waggle the controller Wiimote and Nunchuck.

Last edited:

ScAtt77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScAtt77
-My controls on the Wiimote & Nunchuck are and have always been:

D-Pad: Smash Attacks (All directions)
A button: Special Attacks
B Button: Jump
Z Button: Attack
C Button: Shield
A+B Button: Special Attack

Other info:
tap jump off,
shake to smash off,
and Smash A+B

-I mean to flick up on the left control stick rather than to waggle the controller Wiimote and Nunchuck.
:ohwell: ... and there goes any chance of me actually doing the forward toss with this method. I've conditioned myself to grab with the side d-pad inputs, so that's likely to be the reason why I have so much trouble throwing it forward. In the case of your controller input layout, how do you normally grab then?

xIvan321

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xIvan321
Referring to my controls, I grab manually by pressing C Button+Z Button at the same time. Its pretty easy since both triggers are located near the same position. I have this control set up very well established and worked out. The only thing you're sacrificing is a separate button for grab which can either replace taunt 1 or you could easily press it manually.

If you do go forth and sacrifice taunt 1 and still want to taunt sometimes, remove the nunchuck and taunt with :GCDpad:+:GCA: on the Wiimote. When you're done, snap the Nunchuck back in the Wiimote.

With enough practice you should pull this off because on the day up toss was unveiled, an hour later of learning it, I accidentally stumbled on the forward toss.

If you can do it upwards, you'll be able to do it forwards just as easily. Just add forward smash on the d-pad in the mix before performing.

Also to further clarify anyone else is confused, a grab button is not required to. I'm just gonna throw that out there in case since a lot of videos make it seem like its required, but the attack part of command grab (which is attack and shield) is what plays a role in this tech.

Last edited:

xIvan321

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xIvan321
How do you do this on a pro controller?
Use :GCA:+:GCB: Smash and refer to the first method in post #8.

To shed a little insight, the :GCA: button can be pressed and held at any point and while held down you press the :GCB: button and you'll get a forward smash. Combine that with the directional stick Before the Attack and Special buttons and you'll get your glide. How you flick will be the biggest influence in whether you get a forward slide or an up slide, and as long as you don't flick the control stick all the way up, you should be able to preform this.

Last edited:

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
Damn...gonna have to figure out some alternate mapping since I use Y for special. Maybe L1/L2? Could I set c-stick to tilt with that?

xIvan321

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xIvan321
Damn...gonna have to figure out some alternate mapping since I use Y for special. Maybe L1/L2? Could I set c-stick to tilt with that?
C-Stick is not required while doing the AB Smash method.

I also don't see why you'd need to remap the controller, but I'll leave it up to you. You can make any button just attack or special. You just need to do the equivalent to both Attack and Special on your controller.

Last edited:

xIvan321

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xIvan321
I've spent a lot of time on both and can get them to preform just fine, however in a real battle i might get a bit nervous behind it, which screws me up. Thats the only hard part for me, but when its out, its just insanely rewarding.

Last edited:

Lufos

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lufosf
3DS FC
0087-2359-1559
I'm having a loooot of trouble getting this to work without c-stick as smash (I want it as tilt to easier do turnaround utilt).

The only way is through AB Smash for GC controller which look something like this:

:GCR:>>>:GCDR::GCR:/:GCUR:+:GCA:(press and hold down) Then :GCB: immediately
I just can't get this to work. What is the timing for :GCB: ? What is it that I'm missing? Do you first have to :GCDR: and then immediately :GCR:/:GCUR:+:GCA:? I desperately want this to work :O

xIvan321

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xIvan321
I'm having a loooot of trouble getting this to work without c-stick as smash (I want it as tilt to easier do turnaround utilt).

I just can't get this to work. What is the timing for :GCB: ? What is it that I'm missing? Do you first have to :GCDR: and then immediately :GCR:/:GCUR:+:GCA:? I desperately want this to work :O
The way I wrote it should signify at any point between :GCDR:(here) and :GCR:(here) is where it should start, while ending :GCUR:(around this point) and sometimes :GCR:. In my experience, it sure helps a lot to start form the lowest point. The way it works is you'd have to press :GCA: to throw it but in very similar fashion of the other methods, it must be done in quick succession.

:GCN:+:GCA: play the biggest role in this while the smash commands are what come second which is why I recommend to hold :GCA: then press :GCB: after correctly flicking the control stick, but don't relax inbetween both buttons. When I say quick, I mean QUICK. (both buttons have to be pressed nearly at the same time.) You have a small window opened for :GCB: to be pressed, and yes, the non-c stick method does sound difficult, but once you understand, this can be relatively easy especially with a lot of practice.

To understand how AB Smash generally works, refer to this post:

The :GCA: button can be pressed and held at any point and while held down you press the :GCB: button and you'll get a forward smash. Combine that with the directional stick Before the Attack and Special buttons and you'll get your glide. .....as long as you don't flick the control stick all the way up, you should be able to preform this.

Last edited:

Lufos

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lufosf
3DS FC
0087-2359-1559
The way I wrote it should signify at any point between :GCDR:(here) and :GCR:(here) is where it should start, while ending :GCUR:(around this point) and sometimes :GCR:. In my experience, it sure helps a lot to start form the lowest point. The way it works is you'd have to press :GCA: to throw it but in very similar fashion of the other methods, it must be done in quick succession.

:GCN:+:GCA: play the biggest role in this while the smash commands are what come second which is why I recommend to hold :GCA: then press :GCB: after correctly flicking the control stick, but don't relax inbetween both buttons. When I say quick, I mean QUICK. (both buttons have to be pressed nearly at the same time.) You have a small window opened for :GCB: to be pressed, and yes, the non-c stick method does sound difficult, but once you understand, this can be relatively easy especially with a lot of practice.

To understand how AB Smash generally works, refer to this post:

Ok thanks! I guess I'll just have to practice, a lot ;)

ScAtt77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScAtt77
So after messing around with my controls a bit, I was easily able to do this on the wiichuk; still, the only problem was that the control layout was so awkward that I couldn't really get used to it. So just to clarify for the AB smash method, it can be done on the Wii chuk, correct (with AB set to attack and AB smash On, A set to attack, and B set to special attack)? I haven't been able to do the AB method at all, but I'll definitely keep at it.

Unclesatan

Smash Apprentice
HI, last night I spent about an hour doing this and could only pull it off six times. I'm a little confused about the controls, however it seemed to work when I flicked the control stick a certain way. I can pull off the upward boost blade flawlessly but I'm having serious issues with this

I should clarify I'm using a GC controller.

So flicking the control stick from :GCDR:--->:GCUR:--->:GCA::GCB: after dashing is the input correct? I have a few questions about that.

1. Why does the control stick have to be flicked to the bottom-right/left before the top right? Does that just make the tech easier or is the bottom-diagonal input actually necessary?

2. At what point do you press A and B? Can I press A as soon as the control stick enters the upper corner, or should I press it before? I assume the timing for pressing B after A is the same as the Z + UpCstick method?

3. I've put the control stick as close to :GCR: as possible while it still being in the upper corner, yet I will still do the upward boost blade. What exactly is the angle on this, because 2 o clock to 4 o clock isn't seeming to work.

Also if it wouldn't be too much to ask, could you make a slow motion and regular speed video of your hands using the tech? This would help out a lot of people with the GameCube controller.

Thanks a lot for all your documentation on this tech!

xIvan321

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xIvan321
So after messing around with my controls a bit, I was easily able to do this on the wiichuk; still, the only problem was that the control layout was so awkward that I couldn't really get used to it. So just to clarify for the AB smash method, it can be done on the Wii chuk, correct (with AB set to attack and AB smash On, A set to attack, and B set to special attack)? I haven't been able to do the AB method at all, but I'll definitely keep at it.
Its nice to hear you got it, even though that control scheme I have feels awkward, it may as well be worth it. I've had this on for awhile so naturally, I got it together with muscle memory. It took me awhile personally when I went from GC remote to Wii/chuck over 6 months ago. The only thing that might feel awkward is tilting. The rest is fine and for the most part I don't bother too much with tilts. Its all worth it to have decent aerial momentum with smash attacks, and easy DITCIT. I wish you luck on mastering AB Smash. :b:

HI, last night I spent about an hour doing this and could only pull it off six times. I'm a little confused about the controls, however it seemed to work when I flicked the control stick a certain way. I can pull off the upward boost blade flawlessly but I'm having serious issues with this

I should clarify I'm using a GC controller.

So flicking the control stick from :GCDR:--->:GCUR:--->:GCA::GCB: after dashing is the input correct? I have a few questions about that.

1. Why does the control stick have to be flicked to the bottom-right/left before the top right? Does that just make the tech easier or is the bottom-diagonal input actually necessary?

2. At what point do you press A and B? Can I press A as soon as the control stick enters the upper corner, or should I press it before? I assume the timing for pressing B after A is the same as the Z + UpCstick method?

3. I've put the control stick as close to :GCR: as possible while it still being in the upper corner, yet I will still do the upward boost blade. What exactly is the angle on this, because 2 o clock to 4 o clock isn't seeming to work.

Also if it wouldn't be too much to ask, could you make a slow motion and regular speed video of your hands using the tech? This would help out a lot of people with the GameCube controller.

Thanks a lot for all your documentation on this tech!
1. Its not actually necessary to go all the way to :GCUR: however, I suggested to start from:GCDR: because I believe some people make the mistake of tilting :GCU:(all the way up)

2. Maybe try a little before or after, but I'm almost certain its after but in case not, do the latter and press B. The timing is very similar to :GCZ:+:GCCU: so think the fundamentals of the tech only command grab cannot be combined with :GCB:. Only :GCA: since the Attack button is what really plays the role in the command grab butto.n and causes the slide.

3. The angles I refer to are the ones in this post. I have no images of what that looks like, but I referenced the clock patterns in my video for that reason only.

Also you aren't the first to request that, therefore, I may as well try to show a video of the AB Method

Last edited:

ScAtt77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScAtt77
Its nice to hear you got it, even though that control scheme I have feels awkward, it may as well be worth it. I've had this on for awhile so naturally, I got it together with muscle memory. It took me awhile personally when I went from GC remote to Wii/chuck over 6 months ago. The only thing that might feel awkward is tilting. The rest is fine and for the most part I don't bother too much with tilts. Its all worth it to have decent aerial momentum with smash attacks, and easy DITCIT. I wish you luck on mastering AB Smash. :b:

1. Its not actually necessary to go all the way to :GCUR: however, I suggested to start from:GCDR: because I believe some people make the mistake of tilting :GCU:(all the way up)

2. Maybe try a little before or after, but I'm almost certain its after but in case not, do the latter and press B. The timing is very similar to :GCZ:+:GCCU: so think the fundamentals of the tech only command grab cannot be combined with :GCB:. Only :GCA: since the Attack button is what really plays the role in the command grab butto.n and causes the slide.

3. The angles I refer to are the ones in this post. I have no images of what that looks like, but I referenced the clock patterns in my video for that reason only.

Also you aren't the first to request that, therefore, I may as well try to show a video of the AB Method
Funnily enough, I just got done testing with the GC controller for the first time, and the AB smash method wasn't too hard to do after a little practice. XD This entire time, I thought my timing was off, but that wasn't it at all. The very last thing that I need to get is the AB smash method on the wii-chuk, which I haven't been able to do once. Mind doing a video for that as well? Thanks for all the help.

VeggieSteel

Smash Cadet
NNID
VeggieSteel
Oh, this is so nice!
I haven't practiced it yet, but anything that can combo into kill moves is basically a must-learn for mega man.

The first time I see boost blade into hard knuckle spike in a set, I will lose my mind from the hype.

xIvan321

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xIvan321
It does take a lot of reflex to get the dair and if the opponent's DI is just right, you should be able to true combo into dair. Despite what my video might show, I've seen training mode count it as a true combo before.

I've also notice you can get a foot stool off of this boost, which means in similar fashion as Meta Knight, you could probably jab lock them with back air (or maybe jab too) and go absolutely nuts with the combos. I haven't tested the follow ups yet, however its very possible from what I imagine. IT WORKS LOL, I can 100% confirm this though it can be damn tricky to pull.

(For reference)

After the jab lock you can:

Auto cancel/fast fall on Uair (which potentially leads into another uair, bair, fair, and nair and together deals a whooping 60-70% damage)
Up Tilt
Up Smash
Regrab (Potentially follow up with Nair, Uair, Bair, or Fair)

Just throwing out my ideas so you can all get creative with them.

Last edited:

Rush 2112

Tag: 2112 (Twenty-one Twelve)
NNID
KevinOfNine
A forward throw boost > dair near the edge? That would be pretty crazy xD

CRDaddyO

Smash Rookie
NNID
CRFamilyMan
After testing this out on 3ds for a bit the timing feels the same as doing it with Z and Cstick on GC. Basically I've done it the same way that I do Jump Cancelled tosses. I hold diagonally up after starting my dash then hit A and B at essentially the same time only making sure to have my thumb touch A first.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Just think about what you can do with this combined with the skull barrier...

Activate the barrier, slide through any projectile wall (that doesn't include things like shadow ball or samus charge shot), and get close for a follow up. DHD, link, and toon link all fear this immensely.

I also feel that mega man has a harder time doing this than other characters. I was able to this with Pac-Man pretty quickly and I had link's down the first time. With mega man, the timing feels more strict.

Last edited:

xIvan321

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xIvan321
I think it has to do with frame data. Link and Pac's toss might be slower or faster making it much easier to influence. Hell, they themselves can do forward DITCIT on the GameCube controller without having to hold upward on the C-Stick. Link can do fake outs with items. My first impressions were that Link DOES have an easier time with doing this.

Just think about what you can do with this combined with the skull barrier...

Activate the barrier, slide through any projectile wall (that doesn't include things like shadow ball or samus charge shot), and get close for a follow up. DHD, link, and toon link all fear this immensely.
Skull Barrier is definitely pretty good with this. You definitely want to be sliding in without getting stopped potentially, although I have found that Mega Man in some instances, the metal blade will stop a projectile and get right in an opponent's face. That while not always should be considered "reliable projectile protection" should be noted still. However after a while of doing this in For Glory, Toon Link's arrow spam can really stop the mojo of this tech, which is why I might agree with using skull barrier. If its activated for too long however it means you can mostly just get a grab and for about half of the time its just best to pummel rather than follow up with dthrow. Besides in the direction you're going there's no way you'll want to use forward throw being a much weaker throw than bthrow (which kills.) those situations call for the most damage you can get and the lucky grab release which can potentially put opponents in worse situations than Fthrow off stage.

Jehtt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TurboJett
@xlvan321 is there any way you could record a video of your hands while doing this tech? I cannot for the life of me figure out the timing and it'd be cool if there was some visual reference.

Lufos

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lufosf
3DS FC
0087-2359-1559
@xlvan321 is there any way you could record a video of your hands while doing this tech? I cannot for the life of me figure out the timing and it'd be cool if there was some visual reference.
+1 on this one... I've been trying to do it since I posted earlier and still haven't got it down :/

juice.Zucco

Smash Cadet
Im too stupid to understand the timing on this I guess lol. Ive been able to do it a couple of times randomly but yeah, ima hope someone makes a video with the timing more clearly laid out.

xIvan321

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xIvan321
I apologize for lack there of a video. I do have to be honest, I have been very busy lately, but I promise by this Friday or Saturday I'll get it done showing my hands and my retro-ass television. I'll upload more battles with my Mega Man DITCIT'ing all over the place too. I promise this time. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

xIvan321

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xIvan321
Im too stupid to understand the timing on this I guess lol. Ive been able to do it a couple of times randomly but yeah, ima hope someone makes a video with the timing more clearly laid out.
How about you do that too once you get accommodated with the tech. Do you have a Wiimote and Nunchuck too? I only ask due to you obviously owning better equipment than I do, so I'd rather you show off. I'll still make the video so everyone can follow. Conventionally, its best for Mega Man to use the Wiimote and Nunchuck, while on the other hand Link and Pac Man don't need to switch controllers or AB Smash. That's one thing I've learned about this while really testing this tech. I think I've learned everything there is to know about it, and its lead to various things I had no clue about.

Top Bottom