• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DITCIT- Combos and strategies

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I'm definitely going to learn this before going back to my regular weekly. Something has got to change.

Huge

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I was going to include the full name in a video when I realized I had no idea what it was. Dash Item Throw Cancelled Item Throw sounds about right... but is it "Throw" or "toss"? Questions!

Huge

Smash Apprentice
Way harder to perform. Other than that, there are no disadvantages compared to normal jump cancel toss - you slide faster and farther.

Last edited:

ToxoT

Smash Apprentice
reviving this thread since we have a lot more resources on it now

ive been practicing the forward throw and have gotten pretty consistent, but even when i screw up and do the upward throw its pretty safe. it covers rolls behind us, and if we cant mixup and do another attack, we can just trampoline away behind the fruit save for ones like orange and galaxian. i can react well when i do it correctly and get a follow up every time or a grab if they shield.

this tech is super useful and really helps our approach methods. one of the tips in this thead was to dip the control stick down before moving up, and this helps me not to do the upward throw. it doesnt really matter how you do it so long as its done, tap jump off also helped immensely but made using trampoline out of dash and shield a pain. but its worth it

something id like to say is that from my practice, the inputs must be in this order; dash, a, b, then diagonal forward on the control stick

this is the only way it worked in slow motion in training for me, inputting a direction before just forced a normal upward toss, and i think understanding this has made it easier to do consistently

Last edited:
Top Bottom