• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DIME 7- January 11th - Plano, TX

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Does it somehow relate to being wobbled? Also, I agree that it's no fun, but it's your own damn fault/your opponent's skill to get the grab in the first place. Then again, this is not the place to debate such a thing. Just don't get grabbed.

D

Deleted member

Pick battlefield
drop down from the right/left platform
press shield by habit
get grabbed
complain about the mu/wobbling:joyful:

qqwwrrmm

Smash Cadet
he's got teeth to fix i guess... more like dollars to make...

anyways my house is open to san antone if need be - i teamed with nike at dime something hahaha

can any DFW residents house SA?
i live about 10/15 mins from the venue - plenty of room no furniture though so bring some sleeping bags or whatever ya wanna bring...

you can pm me if you're interested.

D

Deleted member

Hannah said she's going... :x
Wait, Admiral coming to this?

Holy ****, I remember playing against her in Low Tier Singles at DIME 1! She played a great Sopo, but I think I did pretty good against her in the long run. (I had a broken wrist after all haha)

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
I hate rest and wobbling too... but I still use rest. There's some dumb shia in this game we love, but we still love it.

Zhea

Smash Ace
I hate rest and wobbling too... but I still use rest. There's some dumb shia in this game we love, but we still love it.
I think auto combos to rest are a little much, though Jiggly would be pretty terrible without them. But punishing roll with rest, mmmmm gurl.

Smith_

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm a brand-new button mashing scrub but my friend told me I should come to this while I'm home on break so I figured why not? Not sure if anybody plays Pokemon competitively but I'm Smith from there. Anyways yeah, more money for you guys!

D

Deleted member

Hey, it looks like my only ride will be at work on Saturday, so I might not be able to make it out to Plano this time :(

D

Deleted member

Hey, it looks like my only ride will be at work on Saturday, so I might not be able to make it out to Plano this time :(
NOOO SCOTCHY YOU GOTS TO GOES! :pt:

Hey, I'm a brand-new button mashing scrub but my friend told me I should come to this while I'm home on break so I figured why not? Not sure if anybody plays Pokemon competitively but I'm Smith from there. Anyways yeah, more money for you guys!
Talk to me at the tournament and I'll teach you a bunch of techniques of competitive Melee (and smash in general). I'll be there around 3:30ish. You'll know me when you see me. I'm the odd tall one with long blonde hair.

For now, watch this video and it will give you the edge over your friends.
[collapse=Advanced How to Play Video]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vckV2MJgBzo[/collapse]

Here's a good introduction to competitive Melee...
[collapse=Tech Skill Shown Off]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXgpGBbh5r8[/collapse]

Also, watch a bunch of matches online of whichever character you play as (I assume Peach).
[collapse=Armada (Peach) VS Dr.Peepee (Falco)]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bt9i8QjAeCc[/collapse]

For practice, do stuff outlined in this video. This applies to all characters, not just Captain Falcon.
[collapse=Practice Up!]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbgR29W_X_o[/collapse]

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Hey Ali, you should invite Infinity over to this tournament and during your MM you can have him taunt you so you can keep calling MikeHaze over and over.

It's perfect, you'll have like, infinite chances.

Smith_

Smash Rookie
Hey, thanks for the warm welcome! Got to admit though S.O.S., (a) I already have 100 friends on my 3ds and (b) my friends will get me any Pokemon I need so I really have no need for friend safari. If you really want a non-dw Charmeleon, though, I could make some room!

210stuna

Smash Lord
Y'all should look up into the Megabus

I know they have one in the 210 (San Antonio)
I mean it's too late now, because it's this weekend, but if you book a month advance FOR SURE you will only have to pay 1 dollar to ride this bus*.

I've been on it multiple times from Grand Prairie to Dallas, and even Dallas to Houston. I have family who has traveled from San Antonio to here for us to pick them up for the weekend.
So now you want to know how it is? It's only one dollar so it must be super ghetto huh?

WROOONG

This is a double decker charter bus equipped with self air conditioners/heaters per seat, a outlet jack per seat, reclining seats, TVs, Wi-Fi, Tables, bathroom, and allows a free carry on bag. You are able to eat and drink on the bus, and 1 any sized bag under the bus as long as it does not weigh more than 50 pounds.

HERE IS THE CATCH*

You have to book in advance, you have to book separately for coming and going, you have to be dropped off at the locations (Excluding the Grand Prairie location as they offer secure, outdoor parking . Secure as in it's behind the station surrounded by a tall metal fence with barbed wire on top. Best of all, the parking there is FREE),

Now you don't always HAVE to book in advance, but days like the weekends and holidays will more often than most cost more if you wait til the arriving date.
The way it works is that all dates start at 1 dollar, the more tickets they sell for a current date will cause the price to go up. So making up a number on top of my head, after they sell 10 tickets for example, they price will start to rise to 1.50 then after 5 more tickets to 2.50, then 5, 10, etc;

Another tip in booking in advance is for the time you want to arrive, because that not only matters to what reason why you're departing in the first place, but also more importantly for the person who is picking you up. They have buses that leave at all times of the day from 2 or 3 AM to 10PM . Let's not forget how big Texas is after all.

From personal experience I just booked a bus from Dallas to Houston for THE DAY AFTER CHRISTMAS right before Black Friday for 1.50. Later a week and a half before Christmas I checked again to get a ticket for a friend and for the same day and time it was 55 dollars. They still offered one or two times a day or two after my ticket for I think 3.00 dollars but it was one of those late night rides.

For folks in college not working, buying tickets for leaving during the week are cheap most of the time, regardless of how close it is to the date.
For folks still in Highschool or never work weekends, just book in advance for those big tournaments when you know the date in advance.

DON'T SPEND A LOT OF MONEY, IF YOU DON'T HAVE TO.

If the only seats available are like 99 dollars, then don't buy it unless you really want to. The guy next to you snagged his for pennies on the dollar.
When you grab a ticket, and your person picking you up can't make it for whatever reason it's okay because you only payed less than you would for a haircut.

Anyways here's the link: http://us.megabus.com/

For any personal questions about it, or what not you can look through the site's FAQ or shoot me a P:M

S.O.S.

Smash Lord
I'm more then willing to go, albeit my carpool wants to leave before i can get out of work aka no ride :-/ It's not a matter of cheering Chris XD But thanks?

D

Deleted member

Change of plans, I think I might be still going to this
I haven't practiced melee at all in the past month, not sure if I'm going to even make it out of pools lmao

NoxD

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-2891-1990
Hey everyone, I'm new at Smash and have been to the past few DIME's. This one I'm most hyped up about, and may not get to go to considering I may not get a ride TO the tournament. I'm trying to get as much tournament experience as I can and this will be the only tournament in January. Will anyone be able at all to get me to the tournament? I can pay for gas money. I live in Richardson/ Plano.

RedGamer

Smash Ace
I'm more then willing to go, albeit my carpool wants to leave before i can get out of work aka no ride :-/ It's not a matter of cheering Chris XD But thanks?
don't worry John, I'll take everybody's money in your place. you're gonna have to play me at your tourney in order to get it back though.
ALSO WE NEED TO DO THOSE PICHU DITTOS THAT WE'VE BEEN PUTTING OFF FOR MONTHS!!!!!

Top Bottom