• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DIME 7- January 11th - Plano, TX

Infl8ablecat

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0791-1783-9998
I'm pretty new to Melee, but I'll probably go. I really need more tournament experience... I'm not even sure how much it will hope, although it surely can't hurt.

D

Deleted member

I'm pretty new to Melee, but I'll probably go. I really need more tournament experience... I'm not even sure how much it will hope, although it surely can't hurt.
Tournament Experience > Everything else.
Playing real people is way better than playing CPUs.

210stuna

Smash Lord
My friend and I decided we are going to be leaving at 8 to get there extra early since we live an hour away and then we have never been to one.

Should I bring a setup, including a TV?

D

Deleted member

You guys can cough up an extra 5 dollars, gabe puts a lot of work into running these regardless of the money

C.E.S.

Smash Rookie
There's no venue fee, so you're still paying around the same amount

210stuna

Smash Lord
I'm paying for gas, now I need to tell my friend it's 30 instead of 20 for us to get in.

I fill up my tank for 25, so I guess it's even more resonable now.

Quot3

Melee'er
3DS FC
4253-4705-1339
Is anyone bringing any recording setups so we can upload some matches to the Texas Melee youtube channel? That'd be sweet

RedGamer

Smash Ace
this just in: our SA carpool needs housing for for friday night before dime. the 5 players are SOS, Nike, Zhea, King (not the jiggs player), and myself (PK-Thunder). can anyone house us?

D

Deleted member

Can't wait to see all of you guys again, it's gonna be a great time on the 11th.

WaterlessFishie

Smash Journeyman
oh man getting hyped for this saturday.

i didn't think the 5 dollars would be a big deal for anyone, especially since there's no venue fee.
i guess that's how it goes when most of the community is still in high school with no jobs though :/

JuMP

Smash Rookie
I'll be there

Aliami, remember when you said highland park smash bros was bad in the DFW melee Facebook group? Well that money match you suggested is happening. $10 or $20 depending on how much you want to lose ;)

PTJon

Smash Cadet
I could probably bring a recording set up, but if Penguin/someone else has got it instead then I'll leave it.

D

Deleted member

I'll be there

Aliami, remember when you said highland park smash bros was bad in the DFW melee Facebook group? Well that money match you suggested is happening. $10 or $20 depending on how much you want to lose ;)
I honestly don't remember saying they suck. Please remind me with a screenie or something. I'll probably MM you anyway though. :foxmelee:

I could probably bring a recording set up, but if Penguin/someone else has got it instead then I'll leave it.
Bring it. Even if we already have one, two wouldn't hurt.

D

Deleted member

Hey @ W WaterlessFishie can we make more room in the store and get a few extra tables together for some extra space?
There are quite a lot of people coming to this.

D

Deleted member

DIME 7 - Reunion of Texas Tournament Entrants Now (R.O.T.T.E.N.)

I found the screens http://imgur.com/1pDPeGZ,7wnnabI,MSG14I4,AvVowqm#0 it looks like Aliami didn't directly say that the HP smash crew sucked, but there was a lot of hate thrown at them in the comments of that fb post haha

Thanks for clearing that up. I found the old thread. Some Casey guy in the group seemed to be the epitome of hate on HP. He also said...
Casey C. Hansen: I never went to that ****-hole HP, but one of my other schools had a more-than-healthy dose of Smashing going on only every break, lunch, and before and after school.

Casey C. Hansen: They're all like filthy casual "gamers" who are like fourteen or so. My dip**** brother is one of them. Also, it's not a Melee-exclusive club. There will be...Brawl.....

Casey C. Hansen: If you were to load Project M they wouldn't notice any difference because it uses Brawl graphics. These kids are total plebeians.
#CaseySalt2014
...I'll stick to my word and MM that Max guy though.

Last edited by a moderator:

WaterlessFishie

Smash Journeyman
bring it anyway man. more recording set ups = more matches on youtube

Ali I'm going to do the best I can to set the store up Friday night so everything can run as smoothly as possible for saturday.

D

Deleted member

College Fund Money Match anyone?

Timed match, Self Destruct set to -2, damage ratio set to 2.0, and let's not forget all the items on too.

Oh, and Hyrule Temple only.

oscarmalherbe

Smash Cadet
Hey Gabe, jf, Arc and everyone else who i'm severely disconnected with because I'm a huge loner. what's up! I really wanna come to this. Even willing to take Megabus if need be. Is there anyone from Houston going to this that could give me a ride?

Top Bottom