• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Digimon for SSB4 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I never meant the same Digimon, I meant the character itself. Not the exact same person, if you will.

I'd like to note the Movies, atleast the first american one, all happened, so technically, Seraphimon is canon to the Adventure Seasons.

3rd Season has the Dark Masters show up as regular guys. The Royal Knights sadly are never shown as heroes overall. :c Albeit, many of them are good guys, depending the season.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
im just saying there was no build up in a season of T.K's Patamon making it to Mega and when he showed up in the movie it was less than exciting considering he didn't do much.

D

Deleted member

To be fair, if it weren't for them, Magnamon and Rapidmon would not have been able to "cure" Cherubimon. Though it raises question why THEY couldn't just do it themselves.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
in the end it was probably just that Davis had to be the one to beat Cherubimon. like how in season 1 Kairi and Angewomon killed Myotismon, but then Myotismon came back 2 seconds later and could only be defeated by Wargreymon and Metalgarurumon.

Like give the leader of the group the finishing blow y'now

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
in the end it was probably just that Davis had to be the one to beat Cherubimon. like how in season 1 Kairi and Angewomon killed Myotismon, but then Myotismon came back 2 seconds later and could only be defeated by Wargreymon and Metalgarurumon.

Like give the leader of the group the finishing blow y'now
Of course, they get the most XP for that

kisamefishfries

Smash Journeyman
if agumon makes it in, i'd say we need a toyagumon skin. Idk why, but i just love that look.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
he should only get an alternate skin if every other character is gonna gets a skin. otherwise there's no need to shoehorn a Toyagumon skin in.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
if agumon makes it in, i'd say we need a toyagumon skin. Idk why, but i just love that look.
It helps that it isn't just a re-color. It's a multitude of colors!

I have a bit of bias here, he's my favorite Rookie. XD I also like the Savers version of Agumon more than the original.

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
If any Digimon make it in, it has to be Agumon. He's the best way to represent the series.
Wargreymon needs to be his Final Smash, complete with a (skippable) Warp Digivolution cutscene. Screw the rules, Wargreymon has cool factor.
Gimme palette swaps that don't all look the same (SONIC!) and I'm good.
Oh, and Dr. Mario. Should be a palette swap. For Mario. I feel bad that I just condemned a squirrel to death, but it had to be said.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If any Digimon make it in, it has to be Agumon. He's the best way to represent the series.
Wargreymon needs to be his Final Smash, complete with a (skippable) Warp Digivolution cutscene. Screw the rules, Wargreymon has cool factor.
Gimme palette swaps that don't all look the same (SONIC!) and I'm good.
Oh, and Dr. Mario should be a palette swap for Mario. I feel bad that I just condemned a squirrel to death, but it had to be said.
No, I refuse to allow a warp digivolution you can SKIP

Like the show, it has to MAKE you watch it every time they digivolve.

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
No, I refuse to allow a warp digivolution you can SKIP

Like the show, it has to MAKE you watch it every time they digivolve.
I'm going to sound like a flip-flopping fool, but I completely agree. You're absolutely right. I have seen the light and will forever abandon the idea of skipping Digivolutions. (No sarcasm, by the way.)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
While the warp digivolutions are cool, after a while, they can get annoying. I don't see how pressing B to skip it over after seeing it atleast once is a bad thing.

And personally, for a bonus, he could do the alternate double warp digivolve with the Agumon(Savers) costume only. I'd say music too, but that is definitely an anime-only thing.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I never watched anything past season 3, I didn't even know they made anything past season 3, so there is a lot of the series I don't know about.

But I do know they made you sit through each and every single one of their digivolutions. Even when every one of the digimon digivolved. They gotta force that thing on you. It's the same for the power ranger transformations.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Except you can skip it by pressing fast forward on your DVR/VCR, etc. No, there's no reason to force it at all.

Like all cutscenes, it should be skippable if it isn't the actual Final Smash itself.(like with Captain Falcon, you can't skip it because that's the entirety of it, and the actual attack happens during it) The digivolution isn't an attack, so there's no reason to see it all every single time.

And this is coming from a guy who loves them all as is.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
ssb and PS allstars being a rip off? Not really, but I guess as far as rip offs wouldn't ssb64 be a rip off of Outfoxies? And speaking of Digimon...

Pure furry bliss.:troll:

:phone:
The game was called Outfoxied, not Outfoxies. A great game produced by not less than the great Namco! If there is another soft house I would let the next episode of Super Smash Bros. being developed by is Nam... What? The game IS being developed by Namco?? That's awesome!
Oh! And I agree about the Renamon part. She is the only digimon enough famous to make an appearance in Super Smash Bros. 4. The main problem is Nintendo has developed their own version of Renamon: Zoroark, and we know she's bound to be in the game because she's actually the mainstram pokemon.

D

Deleted member

Couple things wrong here.

1. It is The Outfoxies, not "Outfoxied".
2. Renamon is not the "only Digimon famous" enough. She's just one of many famous Digimon, and even then, she is not nearly as famous as Agumon. Hell, going by her season, she still has Guilmon above her.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Guilmon was awesome. I never liked Renamon

Also I never had a DBR so I had to watch EVERY SING DIGIVOLUTION EVER.

The word must feel my pain

Edit: Bleedman did a sketch of Tai

Edit: Digimon series 2 sucks because the characters are boring. Especially Yolei. I HATE Yolei

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Eh, Renamon was interesting, but is really overhyped. Or overpopular, if you will.

Agumon is the main mon and appears in 4 of the 6 series directly. He's mentioned in Season 3 as is, and only Season 4 doesn't have any versions of him.(there might have been a random character version, as in, an unimportant one)

Devimon I like too. I think Garuru and Grey have the highest amount of families.(as in, different kinds of Greymon and Garurumon), then there's Devimon, and I think Agumon might be next. Or Agumon slightly beat out Devimon.(they're close, I know that much)

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
i think Renamon's popularity (partially) stems from the fact that she appealed to the furry crowd more than most Digimon did up till that point. but i'll give it to her, she did have a more refined personality than most other digimon in that season.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
With some character development, indeed. Same with Rika/Ruki.

Overall, I do love the 3rd Season. A very good improvement, and a really neat remix of the regular theme. The guitar version just sounds great.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm watching Digimon series 2.

Davis actually thought his little armor digivolution could fight against Andromon

The same andromon that fought off 2 of the dark masters and survived BOTH battles.

Also, I find it funny no one remembers that Gatomon is a Champion digimon. It doesn't need to armor digivolve to fight against other champions. Not to mention that armor digivolutions are said to be the same level as Rookie in some digimon incarnations. Gatomon probably gets weaker armor digivolving.

Season 2 is JUST filled with little things like that, irritates me

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
She doesn't. Gatomon does not have her tail ring, which weakens her quite a bit, to around In-Training/Rookie level. They did explain that one, atleast in the Dub.

Her armor form is stronger.(of course, when she does get her tail ring back, she's either stronger or near the same level) Most armors are actually on Champion/Ultimate level.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
She doesn't. Gatomon does not have her tail ring, which weakens her quite a bit, to around In-Training/Rookie level. They did explain that one, atleast in the Dub.

Her armor form is stronger.(of course, when she does get her tail ring back, she's either stronger or near the same level) Most armors are actually on Champion/Ultimate level.
From what I read, they are suppose to be near the same level as Champion but not quite as powerful. Which is why some incarnations of Digimon count them as Rookie Digimon

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah, in reality, they're mostly between Champion and Ultimate level. Most of the time, their power exceeds Champions.

That was confirmed by the fact that Rookies can easily go into them, and many of them can go into Ultimates.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I missed the part about the tail ring. I think that part was when I was getting food or something. But now that you mention it, I do remember that from when I saw the series long ago

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yep. And the thing about some Armors, is that they can be treated as a Champion, Armor, or Ultimate. Raidramon is treated as all 3 depending how it digivolves. It's weird.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
in the games they register as Ultimate level. probably just cause you have to work so hard to get em though. but yeah it was weird how in the show they were weaker than the actual champion forms

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Not bad. Although he could look slightly less cartoony and a bit more scaly. Looks too plain to me.

ItsSilverLPs

Banned via Warnings
I would love to see it happen.
As a fan of both Digimon and Pokemon, my dream is too see both of them together in a game.
My guess would be Agumon, even though I would prefer Angemon or Omegamon/Omnimon

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Everyone knows Metalgreymon is the correct choice for best digimon

D

Deleted member

I respectfully disagree. But MetalGreymon is pretty damn close.

But rather, it's the OTHER Ultimate Level of Agumon that is the best.

You know who I'm talking about:

Not even death stops this beast of battle.

Pichu4SSB4

You're not going Turbo?
If there is a Digimon i would want for Smash it's Patamon, he's my favorite by far. Nonetheless, including Digimon characters would be like a Pokemon and Digimon crossover which i'd love to see.

Graizen

Smash Champion
You cant say Digimon dont have a chance , Digimon started on Virtual Pets and the Virtual Pet is a Game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom