• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Digimon for SSB4 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, Agumon(not including his variations) has atleast 8 moves. And that's not including general slashes, etc.

His evolutions do not. So that may make it a bit harder for them to be fully playable.

However, how would the digivolution process work?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It could require a certain % damage, BUT be optional. Optional because it would change their stats. It could be a transformation

-

Also anime stuff CAN appear in Smash, as long as the original source didn't. Misty's outfit, for one.

D

Deleted member

Remember Sakurai's rule for 3rd Parties; the characters must have originated in a video game.

Digimon is a 3rd Party.
WarGreymon is a Digimon.
WarGreymon debuted in an anime.
WarGreymon did not debut in a video game.
Characters that did not debut in a video game are inelligible.
Therefore WarGreymon is inelligible.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@PI: That works. Maybe he could glow and a taunt could be used to digivolve?

@3Bismyname: My issue with the Greymon/Metalgreymon is that they're not very many variations. At worst, 4 costumes, two black, two regular.

However, for Metalgreymon, there's Rizegreymon, Metalgreymon(Virus), and Metaltyrannomon. It's possible to ignore exact versions and just have costumes from other characters, with no change among the moves or anything. Much like Blood Falcon is actually playable in Smash as one of Falcon's costumes.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
he doesn't need all of those variations. just use pallet swaps. u would still get Virus Metalgreymon that way and of course Snow and Blackagumon. but it would be far to difficult to try and get all the different Greymon and Agumon in because they don't all have the same physicality or abilities

D

Deleted member

Or why not just the logical route and leave Agumon the one with the colored references instead of trying to shoehorn every Digimon variant there is for no logical reason?

So yeah, give Agumon a BlackAgumon and a SnowAgumon color as alts to go with the typical Red, Blue, and Green Team variants and his default orange.
Greymon's Blue Team color could reference the Xros Wars Greymon in color scheme with MetalGreymon following suit, while having his mechanical parts referencing Xros Wars MetalGreymon in color.
The BlackAgumon color would turn into a BlackGreymon color, and in a ironic twist, MetalGreymon would have his Vaccine color (or to simply have it simple, make Vaccine MetalGreymon the default and Virus MetalGreymon part of the BlackAgumon colors, as it matches BlackGreymon's colors).

Simple and practical.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Toyagumon and Clearagumon work too. It's really about as different as Dry Bowser appearing, as in... not much at all.(yes, I have a bias for these two. I love legos)

But that's true.

I don't like pure palette swaps, only because it was used rather poorly in Brawl, and so many characters could've had really cool ones. Mario could've had Dr. Mario, Sonic could've had colors for Knuckles, Tails, Shadow, Amy, etc.

I don't trust good palette swaps anymore.

D

Deleted member

The next time I see someone talk about Dr. Mario being a palette swap for Mario, I'm going to strangle a squirrel. The difficulty of said task shows how serious I am.

EDIT: Also, blame Sega for Sonic. I'm pretty sure they had issue with Sonic not having his trademark blue fur.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I would have liked to see Sonic in different colors. I thought that would have been an obvious choice

D

Deleted member

Also, I suppose that the Red Team Variant for MetalGreymon could have his mechanical parts in similar color to RizeGreymon.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
i just don't find it necesary to even try to fit in all the variation. esp considering Agumon would be a guest character and all this crap would be way more work than a lot of other 1st parties will get put into them.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I would have liked to see Sonic in different colors. I thought that would have been an obvious choice
I know.

I was very disappointed. The only decent one was his darker colors, which could be a reference to Dark Super Sonic from Sonic X.(the timing would work, and Dark Super Sonic is actually one of the things people really liked about that show)

Anyway, let's say the costumes so far, realistically are; Agumon Alt!Agumon(from Savers), Snowagumon, and Blackagumon. We lack a Red color entirely.(Snowagumon is a very light blue, so that counts) Clear and Toy both have a lot of red in them, but one is, as the name suggests, a see-through version(Clear). The other is solid(Toy).

For the Greymons, there's regular, Blackgreymon, Geogreymon, and what would Snowagumon and Toy/Clearagumon go into? Metal variations could be regular, blue, black, and Rizegreymon(as a bonus). The Wagreymon route is easy if we put Shinegreymon as the last version. With the rest being Yellow(regular), Blue, and Red.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was looking through that website you guys linked with the digimon. It is a lot better than Digimon wiki

I was looking though the artwork and realized the artwork from Bandai is my favorite of them. I think Digimon was one of the inspirations behind my artwork. Either that, or they had similar inspirations to theirs than I did

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
the 3 different Agumon are enough man.
Realistically Snowagumon doesn't even digivolve into a Greymon.
Minimum 4 costumes man.

Red, Blue, Yellow, and whatever for the last. We require one last one no matter what.

Black gets kind of boring, and his Savers versions were all extremely similar to the originals, but were really cool looking at the same time.

What's going to be the Red versions? I mean, Snowagumon somewhat covers Blue, but Red is not covered by any version beyond the Lego duo.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Minimum 4 costumes man.

Red, Blue, Yellow, and whatever for the last. We require one last one no matter what.

Black gets kind of boring, and his Savers versions were all extremely similar to the originals, but were really cool looking at the same time.

What's going to be the Red versions? I mean, Snowagumon somewhat covers Blue, but Red is not covered by any version beyond the Lego duo.
Red Blue Green Yellow are the colors

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
all of his costumes are the same, just different colors. it just works better that way.

you get his standard Orange, Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, and Black

D

Deleted member

Agumon:

Orange-Default
Red
Blue
Green
Black-BlackAgumon
White-SnowAgumon

Greymon:

Orange-Default
Red-Darker shade of Giant Greymon colors (known as "Red Greymon" in credits of movie)
Blue-Xros Wars colors
Green
"Black"-BlackGreymon
White

MetalGreymon:

Orange-Default
Red-RizeGreymon colored mechanics
Blue-Xros Wars Greymon colored organics with Xros Wars MetalGreymon colored mechanics
"Black"-Virus MetalGreymon
White-SkullGreymon colored mechanics

EDIT: By "Red Greymon", I mean this:

Give that a bit of a darker shade of red.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Red Blue Green Yellow are the colors
Oh, right, and Green.

We need some extras, clearly. Toy and Clear both happen to have Red and Green on 'em, so that kinda covers it.(but poorly) Blue and Yellow are covered. Black... if they made it dark green, could work.

Red is actually the only realistic problem.

And the whole "can't digivolve into a Greymon" means little since we can still half-*** some palette swaps. Also, Snowagumon can digivolve into Growlmon as well, an expy of Greymon as is. I'd say just a white-blue version of Greymon could work.

Note, that the Savers versions were just meant to be Bonus costumes, and not the main ones at all. They also cover the red color somewhat well.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
Agumon:

Orange-Default
Red
Blue
Green
Black-BlackAgumon
White-SnowAgumon

Greymon:

Orange-Default
Red
Blue-Xros Wars colors
Green
"Black"-BlackGreymon
White

MetalGreymon:
Orange-Default
Red-RizeGreymon colored mechanics
Blue-Xros Wars Greymon colored organics with Xros Wars MetalGreymon colored mechanics
"Black"-Virus MetalGreymon
White
THIS!!! keep it this simple.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm currently watching Digimon Adventures, and I'm really disappointed that all the main characters didn't reach Mega by the end.

Vikemon, HerculesKabuterimon, Hououmon, etc. would have been awesome to see

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I like the idea of more than just typical palette swaps, so eh.

@PI: It takes till the 3rd season to see that, the 4th season skips the idea entirely(well, it's a lot different), and the 5th season, all reach Mega, and a good majority of them reach Burst Mode.

D

Deleted member

Vikemon is Armadillomon's Mega.
Agumon: WarGreymon
Gabumon: MetalGarurumon
Biyomon: Hououmon/Phoenixmon
Tentomon: HerculesKabuterimon
Palmon: Rosemon
Gomamon: Plesiomon
Patamon: Seraphimon (was in Digi-Elementals)
Gatomon: Magnadramon (was in Digi-Elementals; Digivolved from Angewoman) (or Ophanimon, if Gatomon were to Warp Digivolve)

EDIT: Funny thing is, WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon are actually capable of Digivolving further. VictoryGreymon and ZeedGarurumon.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
in Digimon Dawn and Dusk and Digimon world DS, Gomamon turns into Vikemon.

Armadillomon stops at ultimate im pretty sure.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
at least my favorite 2 made it to Mega level. though i woulda enjoyed Patamon making it to mega
He does in the movie. I'm disappointed among all the seasons, we don't see his alternate mega form. I want to see Golddramon. We only get Seraphimon(fun fact: Neodevimon can digivolve into him).

D

Deleted member

in Digimon Dawn and Dusk and Digimon world DS, Gomamon turns into Vikemon.

Armadillomon stops at ultimate im pretty sure.
Some Digimon can turn into the same form, but it's generally agreed that Plesiomon is Gomamon's "main" Mega form, while Vikemon is Armadillomon's, as both Zudomon and Shakkoumon can Digivolve into Vikemon, but only Zudomon can become Plesiomon.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
But Vikemon looks like a suped up Ikkakumon

D

Deleted member

And AncientGreymon looks like another fusion between Agunimon and BurningGreymon, yet MetalGreymon is also able to Digivolve into it.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
that's probably why they changed it so that he could digivolve into Vikemon in the latest games. in these games Gomamon does straight digivolve into Vikemon. while Armadillomon has to DNA digivolve with Angemon then you get Shakkoumon then that can get trained into Vikemon.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I like it when digimon that don't necessarily look like eachother can digivolve, but the MAIN digivolution should be similar in appearance or theme

Edit: Yet I have no problem with Angewoman digivolving into Magnadramon...

I guess I would have had LESS of a problem if NO ONE digivolved into Vikemon

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
well i meant in the show but yeah he did in the movie and didn't really do jack
Seraphimon also appears in the 4th Series, Frontier. And his entire line is the same as the T.K.'s version.

Probably the same for Ophanimon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom