• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Difficult matchups for Puff?

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Probably not since the characters are both uncommon, if you want to play sometime I will though, even though I generally avoid online play.
You have Smash3ds? I can try the weekend since I'm in the middle of vacation. I'll just keep fishing around for other Puff matches in the meantime.

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
You have Smash3ds? I can try the weekend since I'm in the middle of vacation. I'll just keep fishing around for other Puff matches in the meantime.
Alright. The game hasn't been out for long and Link And Puff are both unpopular characters in tournaments. Finding a high level matchup of it is going to be rare and most of what we have is discussion and just looking at the characters on paper. One of my friends is the best player in central Florida easily right now and has beaten high level players in this game, he plays Link as a secondary and Ill try to get some matches vs him.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Alright. The game hasn't been out for long and Link And Puff are both unpopular characters in tournaments. Finding a high level matchup of it is going to be rare and most of what we have is discussion and just looking at the characters on paper. One of my friends is the best player in central Florida easily right now and has beaten high level players in this game, he plays Link as a secondary and Ill try to get some matches vs him.
Sounds great. I don't really like speculating at this point because we can actually figure things out now that we have the WiiU and 3ds versions. Hopefully we can really show off how much potential these characters have.

MikeSanti

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5242-9800
Who here enjoys the Luigi matchup? I had to switch to Greninja (secondary) in order to do a decent job.

Luigi recovers from his aerials so quickly, and his fireball game allows for mixup potential if Jiggs fails to power shield. Jiggs cannot come from above when fireball pressure begins as Luigis aerials have some solid hitboxes/priority (and be careful with aerials, where if you don't space properly you will be shoryuken'd or upsmashed).

Anyone else struggling with this matchup? I will be practicing some more to figure out what to do, but help would be greatly appreciated.

(Also, ZHMT, I too am in CFL. Would like to get some games in sometime.)

Top Bottom