• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Diddy Kong Social Thread

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
When I only use one stick I feel like I don't get out soon enough. :(
I wonder if that video isn't really beginner level, but more experienced masher. You know how to mash and you can mash fast, but what is the best way to mash sorta thing.

Sonicninja115

>.> I'm confused
woops. It is hard to explain.

I don't know how to mash fast, so the best way for me is probably all the buttons at once, because I mash slowly and thus have more open inputs.

For an experienced masher, that is super fast in mashing both the buttons and SDI, it is probably best for them to choose one or the other, because there will be less open inputs.

So because I am slower, I might get more out of mashing everything.

Because they are faster, they might only want to mash the buttons or stick, depending on the situation.

Am I making sense?

Scootch

The coolest Yoshi of them all
NNID
Little_Dragon34
Hi guys. Beefy Smash Doods released a video on the quickest and safest ways to mash. Here is the video:

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
VIdeo made me remember how stupid I am to go for an off-stage Monkey Fllip grab release gimp after I use my double jump.

Brown NITE

Smash Apprentice
Oh ok I get it hahaha :). Ok guys I have a problem I wanna know when up throw up air is guaranteed for all characters where can I get this info in these boards? I'm looking but I'm not finding it

Sonicninja115

Oh ok I get it hahaha :). Ok guys I have a problem I wanna know when up throw up air is guaranteed for all characters where can I get this info in these boards? I'm looking but I'm not finding it
Check my tech knowledge compendium thread thing. If it isn't there then we don't have it.

I will try to lab it within the next few days, but it is very mood defendant for me. I do have the kill Percents for the standard moveset though.

My educated guess is 0-80%. Also, have you seen my banana extension video? I have a lot of Diddy tech and stuff in my YouTube channel.

Sonicninja115

http://smashboards.com/threads/cranky-kongs-wisdom-tech-and-knowledge-compendium.423816/

It is coming along pretty well, but I still have a lot to do. I am currently juggling bayonetta's metagame thread, Mewtwo's metagame thread and a guide for Mewtwo. (the only good one) Thus, I can't give nearly as much time as I want into Diddy's. I you have any input, corrections, additions or anything really. Please feel free to post in there and ask.

Uthrow-Uair works from 0-133 on Shiek. (no DI, I can't test DI ATM.) It kills at 110% on T&C.

Last edited:

Brown NITE

Smash Apprentice
So I did some light labbing and I found it easy to get the up throw up air 5050 at 120 to 130 with little to no rage. Heavy people don't die till like 140 unless you have light rage and or hit them with the cross up side to make them di bad

Sonicninja115

So my percents are the true combo range, however, there is a mechanic in Sm4sh called hitstun cancelling (you have probably have heard of it's previous iterations) It makes it so that the higher the opponents percent, the sooner they can airdodge. I will put the post here. http://smashboards.com/posts/20106322

Basically, it is true unless they airdodge at around 120% and up.

W.A.C.

Smash Ace
Smash 4 has air-dodge hit-stun cancelling? Dafuq? I thought they got rid of it.

Brown NITE

Smash Apprentice
The true up throw up airs don't seem to kill ever it's always the 5050 that seals the deal for me I hope I'm wrong tho

LiL.Will

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZOMGitzWill
3DS FC
2208-5740-6357
Is there any way we can get a mod to clean up the Diddy boards? Lots of useful information from others here and it's all cluttered... :/ I wouldn't mind making a mega thread for all the information we have so far.

Sonicninja115

Is there any way we can get a mod to clean up the Diddy boards? Lots of useful information from others here and it's all cluttered... :/ I wouldn't mind making a mega thread for all the information we have so far.
I applied to be a mod for this board, but they haven't replied. I don't know if anyone else applied. After the applications, they should've appointed a mod...

LiL.Will

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZOMGitzWill
3DS FC
2208-5740-6357
Sonicninja115 Sonicninja115 is applying still open? Also we should talk more I see you on the Mewtwo boards and im picking up Mewtwo as a secondary for Diddy or making Diddy my secondary and maining Mewtwo instead lol.

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
LiL.Will LiL.Will

You can apply here: http://smashboards.com/applicationform/forum-moderator.13/form

I applied too about the same time as Sonicninja and I don't think either of us have heard back from the hiring staff, but you might have a shot. I have an idea though :p

Is there anything in particular you guys want cleaned up? Here's my short to-do list, if you have any suggestions for the short term before we get a mod (if we get a mod...) let me know and I'll see if I can get them sorted out:

• PROPER DIRECTORY THREAD, super important, will link to the meta thread and sonic's AT thread/knowledge compendium and whatever guides we have and our matchup threads etc. probably the most important thing, if I (or someone else extremely active) has the first post in a thread like that which can be constantly updated it will go a long way to cleaning up this place
  • new combined social/skype/discord thread
  • new video thread, serves as a video archive (for tourney matches) and a "get advice/critiques here" thread
  • unstick a bunch of old threads, hopefully rejuvinate your matchup threads and the stage select thread
  • rename faq to Q&A so people ask questions there, maybe combine Q&A+metagame/competitive discussion thread to get more activity
  • some other things i will remember once i've slept

Sonicninja115

LiL.Will LiL.Will

You can apply here: http://smashboards.com/applicationform/forum-moderator.13/form

I applied too about the same time as Sonicninja and I don't think either of us have heard back from the hiring staff, but you might have a shot. I have an idea though :p

Is there anything in particular you guys want cleaned up? Here's my short to-do list, if you have any suggestions for the short term before we get a mod (if we get a mod...) let me know and I'll see if I can get them sorted out:

• PROPER DIRECTORY THREAD, super important, will link to the meta thread and sonic's AT thread/knowledge compendium and whatever guides we have and our matchup threads etc. probably the most important thing, if I (or someone else extremely active) has the first post in a thread like that which can be constantly updated it will go a long way to cleaning up this place
  • new combined social/skype/discord thread
  • new video thread, serves as a video archive (for tourney matches) and a "get advice/critiques here" thread
  • unstick a bunch of old threads, hopefully rejuvinate your matchup threads and the stage select thread
  • rename faq to Q&A so people ask questions there, maybe combine Q&A+metagame/competitive discussion thread to get more activity
  • some other things i will remember once i've slept
That is pretty much it. We just really need someone with moderator powers to get it done. And to make sure the rules are being followed. We should also have a rules section, mainly on posting new threads. We could put this in the OP of the Q&A thread.

Also, LiL.Will LiL.Will If you are picking up Mewtwo, don't bother reading the stuff in the metagame thread's OP. It is out of date and an updated version is in the guide.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
so who's itching for them DIDDY HITBOX VISUALIZATION YOOOOO

Sonicninja115

so who's itching for them DIDDY HITBOX VISUALIZATION YOOOOO
We got a Mewtwo one. So many misconceptions answered in ten seconds. I finally have a place to point all "Mewtwo has horrid Hitboxes" people too.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
We got a Mewtwo one. So many misconceptions answered in ten seconds. I finally have a place to point all "Mewtwo has horrid Hitboxes" people too.
yeah tbh i looked at mewtwo hitboxes and i was like "yo! these hitboxes are actually legit!"

like seriously, his utilt surprised me by how good of a hitbox it has, same with uair and bair.

bair is especially damn amazing.

Sonicninja115

How do you do a reverse peanut gun cancel without air dodging?
Press PeanutP, and then immediately shield, within a small amount of frames. 1-3 I believe. Or, you can hold shield in the first half of a MF, and then the PP will automatically cancel when you activate it, because of shield buffering and all that.

Mileo279

Smash Cadet
Does anyone go for fthrow to fair on fast fallers or is other combos better at lower percent

Sonicninja115

Does anyone go for fthrow to fair on fast fallers or is other combos better at lower percent
Dthrow-Bair, Uthrow-Uair-Uair, Uthrow-Dair and the New-haa combo are also good at low percents. Fthrow-Fair is a really good mix-up.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

*slowly peaking in to see if Diddys Visual Hotboxes are up...

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
sup gang, we may not have a mod but we're finally getting this place cleaned up thanks to the wonderfully kind and ever so patient @Shaya so no more excuses, it's time to whip these monkeys into shape

If you look at our pinned threads you'll notice some changes

1. the video thread, old matchup thread and custom moves thread are all gone. they were all either unused or redundant in their own way. fortunately, LiL.Will LiL.Will 's MU thread has been stickied, as it's more active and actually going to be a useful resource for us. i will make a new video thread at some point, both as an archive of valuable tournament sets, a resource to look back upon for videos demonstrating tech/etc, and a "critique my diddy!" thread as well.

--- as an aside, I think Will's MU and Stage Select thread should adopt a different style due to a lack of activity. perhaps IN ADDITION to doing focused discussions on a """weekly""" basis, they should also serve as a general hub for questions related to stages and matchups

2. the FAQ thread and the competitive/metagame discussion thread have been consolidated into a single thread. this may make some of the previous pages kind of messy to re-read as you might have to follow two lines of thought at once, but this will be better going forwards as there was no reason to have both of those threads when the diddy boards were so inactive. any sort of questions you might have about diddy (eg. "how do I do this?" or "what do I do in the matchup against this character?") should continue to be asked in that thread INSTEAD of making a new thread for every question, and new competitive developments (eg. "here's a cool new thing more diddies should start using") or general theorycrafting should also continue to be discussed in there, same as before. hopefully having the 1 thread means discussion will flow more, with more traffic people will probably have their questions answered sooner

3. WE HAVE A DIRECTORY AND IT'S STICKIED SO NOW WE CAN MAKE WHATEVER THREADS WE WANT AND HAVE THEM EASILY ACCESSIBLE! YEAH! OK
SO at the moment it only links to a few things and it looks really ugly, I'll solve the ugliness problem ASAP but what I need you guys to do is reply to that thread with links to any guides or other important resources that we should be able to direct people to easily, including videos. please don't embed videos, just link them if you want to share. We should aim to do something similar to THIS imo.

Thanks again to Shaya for making this all possible, 20HooHah here we come

Top Bottom