• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong Appreciation Thread: From Dinky to Diddy, From the Jungle to the Brawl.

Master_Sheik

Smash Journeyman
SmashnTendo said:
Diddy does deserve to be in this next smash. He has fought alongside Donkey Kong with so many games. and Diddy won't really be a clone to Donkey because I bet everyone can think of Diddy specialty moves. Banana peel anyone?
Dixie would be a longshot but would be a clone of Diddy in a way.
Too bad they couldn't put the whole Kong family........nvm, that's either an awesome idea but probably a horrible one that will never happen.
King K. Rool has a good chance as he's on Sakurai's poll...
I agree with you as far as Diddy and King K Rool being included, however I do not feel like Dixie will be a clone of Diddy. For one thing, Dixie has her signature helicopter spin, not to mention a variety of specials showcased in Donkey Kong 64.

Master_Sheik

Smash Journeyman
xianfeng said:
Missingo is ectremelly unpopular and unkown (who the hell is he???) but Diddy is very popular and very well known
Diddy Kong you can use my sig if you want

I'm pretty sure that that was just a joke. Missingno is the 151 pokemon from Pokemon Red, Blue, and Yellow. Actually, he wasn't a pokemon at all, rather a glitch due to a programming oversight that corrupted gaming data allowing players to infinitely multiply items and level up Pokemon extremely quickly.

ArichTheViking

Smash Apprentice
Master_Sheik said:
I agree with you as far as Diddy and King K Rool being included, however I do not feel like Dixie will be a clone of Diddy. For one thing, Dixie has her signature helicopter spin, not to mention a variety of specials showcased in Donkey Kong 64.
Dixie wasn't in Dk64. That was her little sister Tiny Kong.

I doubt that all three (Diddy, Dixie and K Rool) will make the cut, though IMO they all deserve it. Every other franchise with the popularity of DKC has at least 4 characters in Melee.

Master_Sheik

Smash Journeyman
ArichTheViking said:
Dixie wasn't in Dk64. That was her little sister Tiny Kong.

I doubt that all three (Diddy, Dixie and K Rool) will make the cut, though IMO they all deserve it. Every other franchise with the popularity of DKC has at least 4 characters in Melee.
OOPS! I haven't played that game in so long! I can't believe that I confused Dixie for a rip off, lol. Anyway, I say put Dixie in, she has a lot to offer and she's practically Diddy's sidekick! As far as Tiny is concerned, she should leave this one to the big boys.

ArichTheViking

Smash Apprentice
Master_Sheik said:
As far as Tiny is concerned, she should leave this one to the big boys.
For sure. DK, Diddy, Dixie, K Rool... No more.

Unless there is 75 characters (which there won't be) , in which case the 5th DKC character to add is RAMBI THE RHINO!!!

Rambi > Kiddy, Tiny, Lanky, Chunky, Cranky or anyone else.

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
i mean if mario can get all those characters dk hopefully can at least get 3 more. kirby got 2 more. considering king dededee is in it.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
tstumo said:
i mean if mario can get all those characters dk hopefully can at least get 3 more. kirby got 2 more. considering king dededee is in it.
not confirmed

But yeah Diddy wouldn't and couldn't be a DK clone and shouldn't be a an IC team with Dixie

Kiddy & Dixie would make a nice IC team (not clones)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
There is gonna be atleast 2 characters of one game. I mean Zero Suit Samus made the cut already, so there are now 2 Metriod characters. Also Metaknight belongs to the Kirby characters so there are 2 of them to. Even thirth party characters like Snake are in SSBB. Awww cmon Nintendo you wanna embarras DK by not adding more chars of his games...? O.o

Also Dixie COULD be a Luigified clone of Diddy with a whole diffrent recovery. What I'd like to see is that Dixie has DK's cargo except with her ponytail.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Diddy Kong said:
There is gonna be atleast 2 characters of one game. I mean Zero Suit Samus made the cut already, so there are now 2 Metriod characters. Also Metaknight belongs to the Kirby characters so there are 2 of them to. Even thirth party characters like Snake are in SSBB. Awww cmon Nintendo you wanna embarras DK by not adding more chars of his games...? O.o

Also Dixie COULD be a Luigified clone of Diddy with a whole diffrent recovery. What I'd like to see is that Dixie has DK's cargo except with her ponytail.
yep Dixie could do a lot of Diddy and Donkey's moves plus some of her own like the guitar!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yeah the guitar would be a nice taunt for Dixie. :)
I hope DK characters will make the cut, it would be kind of a discrimination if they weren't there huh?

Im gonna search for my old Diddy moveset now, I posted it somewhere in the old spam topic of "SSB-Wii".

Xx swift xX

Smash Apprentice
ZOMG! MISSINGNO's A LEGEND

xianfeng said:
Missingo is ectremelly unpopular and unkown (who the hell is he???) but Diddy is very popular and very well known
Diddy Kong you can use my sig if you want
omg! I'm sorry, but that's inexcusable if you've ever played red or blue. Personally, I've ONLY played those and yellow. This has probably been answered already, but i wen straight to posting when i read that.

the LEGENDARY missingo looked like scrambled data, had two water guns (the moves), and was somehow a bird type. It was often used to duplicate your items.

Now, I'm not mad because you don't want it in the game. That would be a horrible mistake. Im just mad because you don't know what it is. Any gamer that's ever played a pokemon game should be aware of its legends. Missingno is just one of those things that opens up conversation of the old days for gamers.

Don't feel bad, just next time, act like you know what it is.

hmm.... i'm not sure if i was being serious or not. you decided whether or not to take it seriously.

EDIT: Just for the record, I STRONGLY believe that Diddy not only deserves to be in Smash, he BELONGS in smash.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
^Aint got anything to do or so...? <_< Missingno is something Nintendo should be ashamed for instead of actually put it in SSBB.

For those who dunno Missingno is a bug in Pokemon Red an Blue which makes your Pokemon uberstrong by not even training them... Is that fun? Sure. But only for once. Missingo is nothing... I even like the Old man from Zelda more then him.

JmcShocker16

Smash Apprentice
I think diddy kong would be great in smash. I thin it needs more DK characters. atleast 3

Alucard07

Smash Rookie
I would love to see some more DK characters for SSBB. Diddy doesn't have to be a clone, he can easily be an individual character.

Xx swift xX

Smash Apprentice
Diddy Kong said:
For those who dunno Missingno is a bug in Pokemon Red an Blue which makes your Pokemon uberstrong by not even training them... Is that fun? Sure. But only for once. Missingo is nothing... I even like the Old man from Zelda more then him.
WHAT?! are you crazy? Missingno has high attack power, but the rest of it's stats are incredibly subpar, considering it's a lvl 80. And how does Missingno make your pokemon uber strong? It doesn't affect any of your pokemon, unless by chance it corrupt your game data, and that DEFINATELY doesn't help your pokemon. You might be skipping a step. In a way, it could be true. When you get Missingo, the item in your 6th slot reaches the quantity of 128. This was commonly used to duplicate rare candies. Then, trainers leveled up their pokemon to lvl 99. However, this really has nothig to do with Missingno besides its capture.

Now, people should stop dissing Missingo. I never said i wanted it. Diddy is perfect for smash. It's been at least 4 months since I played DK64 (not that long, huh?) , and I just LOVE using his peanut popguns to pelt those baddies.

On a side note, it has been confirmed that the Wii controller can be used with smash. Now, who in the world wouth rather use that thing than a GCN controller if it's not even used for aiming?

EDIT: Alucard, welcome to the smash community! I've always wanted to say that to someone on their first post ;)

JmcShocker16

Smash Apprentice
Xx swift xX said:
WHAT?! are you crazy? Missingno has high attack power, but the rest of it's stats are incredibly subpar, considering it's a lvl 80. And how does Missingno make your pokemon uber strong? It doesn't affect any of your pokemon, unless by chance it corrupt your game data, and that DEFINATELY doesn't help your pokemon. You might be skipping a step. In a way, it could be true. When you get Missingo, the item in your 6th slot reaches the quantity of 128. This was commonly used to duplicate rare candies. Then, trainers leveled up their pokemon to lvl 99. However, this really has nothig to do with Missingno besides its capture.

Now, people should stop dissing Missingo. I never said i wanted it. Diddy is perfect for smash. It's been at least 4 months since I played DK64 (not that long, huh?) , and I just LOVE using his peanut popguns to pelt those baddies.

On a side note, it has been confirmed that the Wii controller can be used with smash. Now, who in the world wouth rather use that thing than a GCN controller if it's not even used for aiming?

EDIT: Alucard, welcome to the smash community! I've always wanted to say that to someone on their first post ;)

can you back up your words with a link? where does it say that thus game will use the wii-mote?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
xianfeng said:
DK, Diddy & Krool
Yup those 3. Maybe Dixie to.

The moveset of Diddy is lost because the spam topic of "SSB-Wii" is deleted.
I'll make another one soon.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Doctor Grudge said:
Diddy def. Krool would be a nice addition. Dixie, I think you guys can live wthi out her.
she would be better than Pichu or Paper Mario but this is about Diddy he would be the best character to add in for SSBB

xianfeng

Smash Hero
xianfeng said:
If little Mac can have one so can Diddy, Diddy Kong is the second most popular DK character and he is giving DK a run for his money, Diddy Kong and Dixie Kong would not be a team as they already both have enough moves to be individual characters. Diddy Kong for SSBB!
Sorry for the double post but Diddy Kong is a shoe in and practically garunteed for S2B2 (SSBB)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Moveset

Anyone thought of a moveset yet? ...Well I guess not but I did. :p
I had one somewhere in the old topic Smash Spam topic but it got deleted and I've got nothin better to do so... Here it comes:

Stats:
Strenght: 2.3
Speed: 4.3
Weight: 2.2
Jumping: 3.8
Size: 2.3
Range: 2.8
Falls a tad slower then DK

Moves:

A: Quick Tail spin, Diddy swings his tail once in front of himself.
Speed: Normal/Semi-fast
Knockback: Very low.
Damage: 3%
Range: Semi-low/Normal

AA: Tail Spin, Diddy swings his tail at both sides.
Speed: Fast
Knockback: Normal/Semi-high
Damage: 5%
Range: Semi-High/High

Forward Tilt: Tail Sweep. Diddy sweeps his enemy away with his tail. Has a sweetspot at the middle of the tail. (Same as DK's ftilt just to give them some similairity)
Speed: Semi-fast
Knockback: Normal
Damage: 6% non sweetspot. 10% with sweetspot.
Range: Semi-High

Up Tilt: Backflip. Diddy makes a quick back flip hitting you with his tail and legs. (Similair ro Mewtwo)
Knockback: Depends on where he hits them. With the tail: Semi-low/Normal. With the legs: Normal/Semi-high.
Damage: Tail: 6% Legs: 9%
Range: Tail: Normal/Semi-high. Legs: Semi-Low

Down Tilt: Tail Sweep. Diddy ducks down and hits his enemy with his tail while he's spinning. (Same as Pikachu's)
Speed: Semi-Fast
Knockback: Low
Damage: 5%
Range: Normal

Dash Attack: CART WHEEL! :D Diddy makes a cart wheel to charge into the opponoment. It can multihit if the foe gets trapped between Diddy's tail and Diddy's legs.
Speed: Very fast.
Knockback: Tail: Low. Legs: high
Damage: When he hits with the tail only 5%. With the legs he does 9% damage each leg.
Range: With the tail its normal/ semi-high with Diddy's legs its normal.

Air Moves:

Neutral Air: Aerial Tail Spin. Diddy spins his tail two times around him self. Covers both sides.
Speed: Fast/Very Fast
Knockback: Semi-High
Damage: 11%
Range: High

Forward Air: Chimp Fist. Diddy quickly punches his foe infront him. (Same as Sheik's)
Knockback: Normal/Semi-High
Damage: 12%

Back Air: Back Kick. Diddy strentches his foot for a kick attack. (Same as DK's only faster and less powerful)
Speed: Fast/Very Fast
Knockback: Normal
Damage: 12%

Down Air: Monkey Meteor. Diddy stompes his enemy with both feet to send them downwards. (Same as DK's only faster and less powerful)
Knockback: Normal/Semi-high
Damage: 14%
Range: Low

Up Air: Flying Uppercut. Diddy punches his enemy upwards. (Look below my siggy :p )
Damage: 15%
Range: Semi-low/Normal

Special Moves:

B: Peanut Popguns. Diddy shoots two peanuts from his wooden guns.
Speed: Semi-fast Slower then Falco's Blaster.
Knockback: Normal. Unlike Falco's Blaster the enemy can fall after a cetrain %.
Damage: 6% each Peanut.
Range: A little shorter then Fox's Blaster.

Up+B: Barrel Jet. Diddy pulls out his Barrel Jet to return back to the stage. Similair to Fox's Fire Fox but it's controllable like Ness's PK Thunder only not as flexable.
Speed: A little bit of lag afterwards perhaps. Flying speed same as the Fire Fox.
Knockback and Damage: If Diddy flies into you it's 12%. However if the Barrel Jet hits you (fiery effect) it will do 16% damage and it will spike you.
Range: It recovers just as good as Fox's Fire Fox.

Smash B: Chimpy Charge. Diddy prepares for an headbut and when he's done he charges into his enemy. Loads by hisself.
Speed: It takes 4 seconds to load. But when Diddy is moving he will go a little bit faster then his running speed.
Knockback: High.
Damage: 21%
Range: 1/4 as much as Jiggly's full charged Roll out. However Diddy won't run over cliffs and stops automatically when he;s entering one.

Down+B: Simain Slam. (Same as Yoshi's so I don't need to explain :p )
Speed: When Diddy is falling its Very Fast. Has lag afterwards however.
Damage: 15%
Range: Errr... Low? It has a low hitbox since he's only attacking with his butt.

Smashes:

Forward Smash: Kong Klap. Diddy claps his foe's with all his might. (Similair to DK, has lower range lower power but higher speed)
Speed: Comes out faster then DK's. Still it would be normal/semi-fast. Low lag afterwards.
Knockback: Normal.
Damage: Uncharged: 18% Charged: 22%
Range: Lower then DK's yet Semi-high.

Upward Smash: Backflip. Same as his Utilt he also hits with his Tail and Legs but now the damage is more even. (Similair to Pikachu's)
Speed: Fast. No startup lag and almost unnoticable afterward lag.
Knockback: Tail: Semi-low/Normal. Legs: Semi-high/High
Damage: Uncharged: 16% Charged: 22%. If hit by the Legs it will add 2% more damage charged and uncharged.
Range: Tail: High. Legs: Normal/Semi-low

Down Smash: Tail Sweep. (Same as Yoshi's with farther range and lower power)
Speed: Same as Yoshi's. Same lag after ward to.
Knockback: Lower then Yoshi's. It would be Semi-Low.
Damage: Uncharged: 13% Charged: 16%
Range: Farther then Yoshi which would make it like High.

Grabs and Throws:

Grab: Diddy grabs his foe with both hands and attacks them by giving them headbuts. (Same as Ness)
Speed: Fast. No afterwards lag. When Diddy runs and misses the grab he will have a little lag.
Range: Same as Ness

Forward Throw: Simian Swing. Diddy throws his opponement as far as he can. (Like Pikachu's Fthrow in N64. <3) Can't possible be chained.

Down Throw: Pesky Punishment. Diddy throws you down and jumps two times on you. Similair to Kirby's Dthrow.

Back Throw: Diddy Roll. Diddy grabs you rolls backwards and then kicks you away. Similair to Pikachu's only higher knockback.

Up Throw: Headbut. Diddy throws you up but since he isn't that strong he adds an headbut to throw you up in the sky. Low knockback.

Mic.:

Taunt: Diddy happly throws his cap two times in the air, then he catches it and puts it up again.

Costumes:
Normal: Red cap with a red shirt and brown fur.
Blue: Purple cap with a purlpe shirt and blue fur.
Green: Green cap with a green shirt and darker green fur.
Yellow: Yellow cap with a yellow shirt and orange fur.

This took like 45 minutes of my lifetime. Please comment. =)

Dax

Smash Journeyman
I absolutely wanna diddy kong ;_; it's the character i missed the most in ssbm.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
IT BETTER BE GOOD! :mad: jk

Anywayz why would you think he would end up being low mid tier? I kinda hoped of making him high tier. :p Well atleast thanks for saying this moveset is good. =)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Sorry for double posting. Well no sorry really. This is a bump post.

Do you people even care about reading my moveset? O_O

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
All I really know about Diddy Kong is that in Donkey Kong for the 64, he had twin pistols that shot out peanuts. What could possibly be cooler than that?

princess_of_hyrule

Smash Cadet
I totally support having Diddy Kong in SSBB...DK's lonely there and needs some of his family around...heck bring both Diddy and Dixie if you ask me! :D She would have a cool moveset too. Though I think bringing Dixie Kong in would be a stretch...but hey it could happen. Though I think Diddy has a really good chance of getting in, I sure hope he does. So, all in all...

One more vote for Diddy Kong in SSBB!!! :)

BTW...excellent thinking on his moveset...and also the idea of using his barrel peanut guns. :)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
:D Thank you both. What I'd thought if is that Diddy could also actually move while he has his pistols out. That would make him the best projo camper ever.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
SSJ4Kazuki said:
Great moveset! He sounds like a low mid tier, though.

Diddy Kong SHOULD be in SSBB, but unfortunately he probably won't.
he proberly will be in because he is the secnd most popular DK character and one of the most loved nintendo characters not included in the SSB series name one good reason why he proberly won't be in

Iggy K

Smash Ace
If he's not there, nintendo's crazy. Diddy ftw, and throw in K.Rool too.

Odendaalrust

Smash Apprentice
ftw means what? And no Diddy... unless they are planning to spend time or more characters than JUST diddy.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
It means for the win. And of course they would spend time on more characters than just Diddy.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
xianfeng said:
there should be 2 taunts, and Diddy Kong can I put your moveset on the first page?
Sure you can. :D
Well I dont know anything more to post because this is another bump post really.
Errr... DIDDY ROCKS!! ^^ Brawl isnt complete without him.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ok thats cool.

Anyone reading this has something to add? This topic is pretty dead so...

fluffy

Smash Champion
umm..yea.

idk if sum1 thought of this b4..but what if diddy and dixie kong were like the new ice climbers? that way, theyll hav 2 characters ppl want.

Top Bottom