• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong Appreciation Thread: From Dinky to Diddy, From the Jungle to the Brawl.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Alexandra Roivas, Gardevoir, and Midna.
Three simple words: WHAT THE ****?

Alexandra: I had to do a Wiki search on who she was. I doubt she's gonna make it in. She's not or her franchise is not that popular, let alone even wanted, compared to others.

Gardevoir: There are more Pokemon that are more popular than it is. Gardevoir is a Pokeball 'mon at BEST.

Midna: The only one who even had a ghost of a chance in the place.

Xerroo

Smash Journeyman
I think Diddy's stage should be either Angry Aztec or Gangplank Galleon.

If the latter. Then the theme should be a jazzy remix of Rattle Battle.

LightLink17

Smash Apprentice
Three simple words: WHAT THE ****?
Whatever. All three are cooler than Diddy.

Alexandra: I had to do a Wiki search on who she was. I doubt she's gonna make it in.
So do I. Doesn't mean she isn't the most badass thing since Jesus.

Gardevoir: There are more Pokemon that are more popular than it is. Gardevoir is a Pokeball 'mon at BEST.
Nonsense. You can tell how popular a Pokemon is by how non-gamers know about them. Deoxys? Lucario? Never heard of them. Now Gardevoir. I knew of her. She was also the only pokemon on Sakurai's poll, meaning your "pokeball at best" is nonsense.

I don't think she has a big chance, but not for the reasons you stated.

RDK

Smash Hero
Nonsense. You can tell how popular a Pokemon is by how non-gamers know about them. Deoxys? Lucario? Never heard of them. Now Gardevoir. I knew of her. She was also the only pokemon on Sakurai's poll, meaning your "pokeball at best" is nonsense.
There are so many things wrong with this assumption.

Just because you had never heard of Deoxys and Lucario means that they shouldn't be in and Gardevoir should, despite everybody else's thoughts on the matter? Seems more like a circumstantial thing to me than a popularity contest.

And don't say the case is the same with all other non-gamers. There's just as many people who haven't heard about Gardevoir, but know who other Pokemon are.

And BTW, the Lucario and Deoxys fanbases are more than twice as big as the Gardevoir fanbase.

LightLink17

Smash Apprentice
Just because you had never heard of Deoxys and Lucario means that they shouldn't be in and Gardevoir should, despite everybody else's thoughts on the matter?
No. The point is is that I'm not a gamer, I haven't played a Pokemon game since Blue, yet I knew who Gardevoir is, and had never *ever* Seen a glimpse of Deoxys or Lucario. I know other people who are like this too. Thus it stands to reason that Gardevoir has a broad appeal, and crosses boundaries, boundaries that obviously Deoxys and Lucario can fail to cross.

And don't say the case is the same with all other non-gamers. There's just as many people who haven't heard about Gardevoir, but know who other Pokemon are.
Proof? I currently accept circumstantial evidence.

And BTW, the Lucario and Deoxys fanbases are more than twice as big as the Gardevoir fanbase.
Irrelevant to my point thank you.

I'd also like to see some real solid proof of this. It's easy to say things you see.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
I didn't know who any Pokes were past the first 151 but I lookled into it (sorta not really) but I know who all 3 are and I'd say Deoxys would've been the best pick as a smasher but now that he isn't, Lucario. Though I do not necissarily like him, he just fits...well, decently I guess. Gardevoirs a little down the list but I'd say before Blazy, so I don't really care. I got my #1!!!!!!!

How about that Charizard eh...?
*runs away*

Vali

Smash Ace

No. The point is is that I'm not a gamer, I haven't played a Pokemon game since Blue, yet I knew who Gardevoir is, and had never *ever* Seen a glimpse of Deoxys or Lucario. I know other people who are like this too. Thus it stands to reason that Gardevoir has a broad appeal, and crosses boundaries, boundaries that obviously Deoxys and Lucario can fail to cross.
Actually it is your assumption that fails. Gardevoir may be big in Japan but elsewhere it is very uncommon to know of Gardevoir and not be a pokemon fan. In contrast, Lucario and Deoxys have both been stars of movies (main pokemon hero + villain) and it is more likely to have heard of them either through those means or just because they're legendary (Lucario is by some definitions I think) and very popular. Your personal experiences do not reflect the majority, it's incredibly arrogant of you to think so. Brawl is also targetted as "gamers" and as such it'd be an incredibly stupid thing to put a character in because he/she/it is recognised by non-gamers over another character that far more popular among gamers.

Proof? I currently accept circumstantial evidence
Good for you.

I'd also like to see some real solid proof of this. It's easy to say things you see.
You also lack proof. Your personal experience amounts to nothing in a way of building a defence in this argument.

RDK

Smash Hero
I don't know whether to continue viewing you as semi-intelligent, or just consider everything you type as a large-sized joke. I can't even begin to express the idiocy you just spewed all over this thread.

I know other people who are like this too. Thus it stands to reason that Gardevoir has a broad appeal, and crosses boundaries, boundaries that obviously Deoxys and Lucario can fail to cross.
Because you and a few of your little friends know vaguely of Gardevoir without even playing the games Gardevoir was featured in does not mean that it has broad appeal and crosses boundaries. It means that for some reason you were exposed to Gardevoir in some way without actually playing the games. So to be honest, you really don't know what you're talking about, since you've never even played the game Gardevoir is in. I'd like to see you give me 5 reasons why she should be in Brawl.

Proof? I currently accept circumstantial evidence.
Proof? Proof of what? That other people's opinions count besides yours and your small group of Diddy-hating, Gardevoir-licking friends? I don't think so.

You could say the exact same thing about your experience with Gardevoir, you enormous fool.

This isn't a game. I'm not trying to throw things at you about Gardevoir, and I'm really done talking about it, because you're in the wrong thread for it. Once again, GTFO and go to a Gardevoir thread where your points might actually make sense.

You also lack proof. Your personal experience amounts to nothing in a way of building a defence in this argument.
Oh my God, THANK YOU. I almost lost faith in the human race for a minute.

LightLink17

Smash Apprentice
Actually it is your assumption that fails. Gardevoir may be big in Japan but elsewhere it is very uncommon to know of Gardevoir and not be a pokemon fan.
Lies. I'm not a pokemon fan. None of my friends are pokemon fans. We all know Gardevoir, and I'm the only one who knows of Lucario and Deoxys. Because of this site.
In contrast, Lucario and Deoxys have both been stars of movies (main pokemon hero + villain) and it is more likely to have heard of them either through those means or just because they're legendary (Lucario is by some definitions I think) and very popular.
I think you have to be a pokemon fan to want to watch the films.

Your personal experiences do not reflect the majority, it's incredibly arrogant of you to think so.
I never said that they did. I said it stood to reason that Deoxys and Lucario "could" fail to cross boundaries than Gardevoir does not fail to cross.

Brawl is also targetted as "gamers" and as such it'd be an incredibly stupid thing to put a character in because he/she/it is recognised by non-gamers over another character that far more popular among gamers.
Nonsense. The Wii is marketed for mass appeal, to gamers and non-gamers. It's not like gamers hate Gardevoir anyway.

Further, I'm not going to talk about this here. This is a Diddy thread. I'll speak of it in relation to Diddy, but not for its own sake. I don't want to drag the thread too far away from its purpose.

Gardevoir > Diddy.
Alex > Diddy.
Midna > Diddy.

There we go.

Vali

Smash Ace
Lies. I'm not a pokemon fan. None of my friends are pokemon fans. We all know Gardevoir, and I'm the only one who knows of Lucario and Deoxys. Because of this site.
Right, you obviously failed to take in the whole personal experience bit of my last post, even though I mentioned it twice. I don't care about you and your friends, it's not a reflection of casual gamers everywhere. Please stop quoting it like it's proof, thank you.

I think you have to be a pokemon fan to want to watch the films.
But you don't have to be a Pokemon fan to have heard of Pokemon, and the fact that they're in films means there's a greater chance non-Pokemon fans have heard of them. Get it?

I never said that they did. I said it stood to reason that Deoxys and Lucario "could" fail to cross boundaries than Gardevoir does not fail to cross.
What you said isn't based on any facts or reason, just assumptions and more of this "personal experience" proof. Please stop talking.

Nonsense. The Wii is marketed for mass appeal, to gamers and non-gamers. It's not like gamers hate Gardevoir anyway.
Wii Sports, Wii Fit and all the other casual games are aimed at mass market appeal. That doesn't mean there won't be games aimed at the hardcore crowd and Prime3 and Brawl are games like that. Whoever said that gamers hate Lucario or Deoxys? Infact most Pokemon fans prefer Lucario and Deoxys to Gardevoir and before you start spouting off "where is the proof!?" I'll refer you back to the point RDK made that their fanbases are huge compared to Gardevoir and mine of that Gardevoir isn't popular outside of Japan where Lucario and Deoxys are popular all over the world.

Further, I'm not going to talk about this here. This is a Diddy thread. I'll speak of it in relation to Diddy, but not for its own sake. I don't want to drag the thread too far away from its purpose.

Gardevoir > Diddy.
Alex > Diddy.
Midna > Diddy.

There we go.
I feel sorry for you. Genuine pity.

RDK

Smash Hero
He signed off because he knows he's a complete and utter fool.

Anyway, now that that's out of the way--anyone have any Diddy moveset / FS ideas?

RDK

Smash Hero
Do you guys think his Final Smash will be musically related? Kinda like that guitar thing in SK64.
Most likely, since they pulled DK's FS right out of DK64.

I don't see a problem with Diddy's FS being the guitar riff from DK64, as I couldn't think of another FS idea for him.

LightLink17

Smash Apprentice
He signed off because he knows he's a complete and utter fool.
What are you talking about? I was busy writing a post in the Gardevoir thread.

Besides, last time I checked, I wasn't the one who somehow managed to spend pages of froth arguing with somebody because I was too stupid to realise he wasn't talking about what I thought he was talking about.

RDK

Smash Hero
Ah, the intellectual speaks.

What are you talking about? I was busy writing a post in the Gardevoir thread.

Besides, last time I checked, I wasn't the one who somehow managed to spend pages of froth arguing with somebody because I was too stupid to realise he wasn't talking about what I thought he was talking about.
Last time I checked, I wasn't the one who posted in the completely wrong thread, and continued doing so for a whole page until I realized I should go post in the Gardevoir thread.

Vali

Smash Ace
Ah, the intellectual speaks.

Last time I checked, I wasn't the one who posted in the completely wrong thread, and continued doing so for a whole page until I realized I should go post in the Gardevoir thread.
I read his post on that Gardevoir topic, and 2 things became clear to me.

1) He's resigned defeat here because instead of rebuking our claims that he has no case, he instead decided to go post the same thing, along with what we've said with question marks, over there instead.

2) He's actually in love with Gardevoir. Or enough to find her "attractive". That Gardevoir sure gets around.

Well, I think he can go stay there now and leave the Diddy lovers in peace.

As for Diddy's final smash, I can only really imagine it being the guitar attack too, for some odd reason. I guess it just fits in with the DK64 + Donkey Kong theme.

RDK

Smash Hero
Maybe that can be Diddy's FS--the DK crew comes in and each one attacks with their own special move.

As long as Dixie isn't a PC, I'm okay. I'm glad they didn't pair her up with Diddy, a-la Ice Climber.

@Vali

Yeah, I read his post there too.

LightLink17

Smash Apprentice
Well, I think he can go stay there now and leave the Diddy lovers in peace.
Or not. Diddy is too crappy for me to not ask "why" and to of course, reiterate my great displeasure. Wait, I think I've heard that last bit before...does it come from some book or film? Hmmm.

Yes, yes you were. I don't assign the blame completely away from me, but um, hello? I merely stated my three characters who I even really care about remotely, at least (after prompting). I didn't come here and go "and this is why ich habe Gardevoir gern" up until somebody either poked at them, or asked me why. My failing comes with not ignoring it, but fault lies with you (and others) as well for even bothering with anything more than "oh, okay." It's not like you didn't make several posts on why Gardevoir isn't as good as whatever-the-bonk. It's not like GreenKirby doesn't exist, and didn't go off and goad me into going off topic.

At any rate, Diddy. Yes yes, Diddy is in Brawl. He's confirmed. But is he a good addition? Why? This must have been the 3rd time I've asked. Like I said, he's a monkey. He's not a cool monkey. Peanut guns aren't cool. He's not in a ball. So how is he awesome?

RDK

Smash Hero
Yes, yes you were. I don't assign the blame completely away from me, but um, hello? I merely stated my three characters who I even really care about remotely, at least (after prompting). I didn't come here and go "and this is why ich habe Gardevoir gern" up until somebody either poked at them, or asked me why. My failing comes with not ignoring it, but fault lies with you (and others) as well for even bothering with anything more than "oh, okay." It's not like you didn't make several posts on why Gardevoir isn't as good as whatever-the-bonk. It's not like GreenKirby doesn't exist, and didn't go off and goad me into going off topic.
I'm disregarding this rant because:

A. I wasn't present when you first started your discussion here.

B. It makes absolutely no sense.

At any rate, Diddy. Yes yes, Diddy is in Brawl. He's confirmed. But is he a good addition? Why? This must have been the 3rd time I've asked. Like I said, he's a monkey. He's not a cool monkey. Peanut guns aren't cool. He's not in a ball. So how is he awesome?
Everything you said there is your opinion, which, in this case, is an extreme minority. The Diddy fanbase is also more than twice as big as the Gardevoir fanbase.

You seem to have a knack for imposing your opinions as the general view on things. I suggest you crawl out of whatever box you and your Gardevoir friends are living in and look at things like they are.

"Cool" is an opinion. A character making it in or not making it in does not depend on whether or not you, of all people, think he / she is cool.

LightLink17

Smash Apprentice
A. I wasn't present when you first started your discussion here.
You were here however when Gardevoir got started here. You facilitated it. You keep facilitating it. You did it in just now, right here:

The Diddy fanbase is also more than twice as big as the Gardevoir fanbase.
At least it has something to do with Diddy.

And because of that, I ask: Where are you getting this info? Please, do cite your sources.

Everything you said there is your opinion, which, in this case, is an extreme minority.
Irrelevant. Certainly whatever you say is probably simply your opinion. Further, the amount of people who believe something doesn't cause it to be true by nature of people believing it.

You seem to have a knack for imposing your opinions as the general view on things.
Course I do. It's conductive to good debate. As long as I don't actually state that it's fact, or heavily imply it being such, it's fine.

"Cool" is an opinion. A character making it in or not making it in does not depend on whether or not you, of all people, think he / she is cool.
You love irrelevant points don't you? Diddy is already in. I'm here, asking why you people like him. What's cool about him. This has nothing to do with what "I" think. You already know what I think. I want to know what you think. What other people think. He has such a large fanbase. Why? Nobody is a fan of a character they think sucks, or is dumb, or stupid. People are fans of characters they think are cool in some way.

What's cool about Diddy?

Dynamism

Smash Lord
SCRAMBLE!
That's all I have to say...
Spiderman is the "scrambler" in the marvel battle games, everygame has a scrambler...Now we gt Diddy!
Bout Time we got Diddy...
I have a Question? Do you like DK, honestly? I think Diddy coolnest comes from DK's lack of it on some occasions, though DK is cool, Diddy is cool in other ways and the Diddy fanbase grew from those old games where a group of people liked DK and a group liked Diddy...that's about it.

SCRAMBLE!

RDK

Smash Hero
And because of that, I ask: Where are you getting this info? Please, do cite your sources.
Look at the size of the Diddy threads compared to the Gardevoir threads. K THANX BYE.

Irrelevant. Certainly whatever you say is probably simply your opinion. Further, the amount of people who believe something doesn't cause it to be true by nature of people believing it.
WE'RE NOT TALKING ABOUT TRUTH. WE'RE TALKING ABOUT HOW MANY PEOPLE LIKE DIDDY COMPARED TO THOSE WHO DON'T. STAY ON SUBJECT AND QUIT FLIPPING RANDOM **** AROUND LIKE ****ING PANCAKES.

Course I do. It's conductive to good debate. As long as I don't actually state that it's fact, or heavily imply it being such, it's fine.
It's not conductive to a debate when you make that the basis for why someone shouldn't be in.

In that case, GARDEVOIR SHOULDN'T BE IN BECAUSE SHE'S STUPID AS HELL.

What's cool about Diddy?
He's important to his franchise. I don't find him "cool", but he's a good character and deserves to be in Brawl. Last time I checked, someone didn't have to be "cool" to get into Brawl.

What's so cool about Gardevoir? She's a ****ing dancing Pokemon. A DANCING POKEMON. That's so cool, guys.

**** OFF.

Vali

Smash Ace
Once again to take up an argument I really shouldn't, just because one side is making such ******** points.

At least it has something to do with Diddy.

This thread is something like 10x the size of the Gardevoir thread. Considering there are over 100,000 registered users here, that's a good enough sample size to prove a point to you.

What he said was fact. You were merely stating a bunch of opinions. Plus something being classified as "cool" or "good" could never be stated as a fact, so why you're asking for why people think he's good or cool is pointless.

But it's a debate. You're meant to state facts and not opinions. Have you actually managed to state a single fact yet?

You love irrelevant points don't you? Diddy is already in. I'm here, asking why you people like him. What's cool about him. This has nothing to do with what "I" think. You already know what I think. I want to know what you think. What other people think. He has such a large fanbase. Why? Nobody is a fan of a character they think sucks, or is dumb, or stupid. People are fans of characters they think are cool in some way.

What's cool about Diddy?
Since you don't find anything cool about Diddy, and what other people say about him being cool and likeable is obviously going to differ from your opinion, and nothing about it will be "factual" anyway...I must ask, why on earth are you asking this? He has such a large fanbase because a load of people have one thing in common and that is that they like the character for whatever reason. Everyone has different reasons, but the one similarity is that they all share is that they like him.

@RDK

Cool it man :). We all know he's not actually making a "good debate" as he so likes to think, and instead is just dodging awkward questions ^^.

LightLink17

Smash Apprentice
I have a Question? Do you like DK, honestly?
I hate his taunt, but he's a cool character. He's a freakin Gorilla! He can throw barrels! He wears a tie! Awesome.

Look at the size of the Diddy threads compared to the Gardevoir threads. K THANX BYE.
That's your proof? THAT? Wow. Duuuuuuumb.

Thread activity on a smash board doesn't at all show the popularity of a character.
WE'RE NOT TALKING ABOUT TRUTH. WE'RE TALKING ABOUT HOW MANY PEOPLE LIKE DIDDY COMPARED TO THOSE WHO DON'T.
ORLY? So this:

Everything you said there is your opinion, which, in this case, is an extreme minority.
which has nothing to do with "how many people like Diddy compared to those who don't" is thus a digression on your part? Should have said something. The very statement implies that because I have my opinion, it's somehow less valid than what you and your pals have. If my opinion is bad, the logical conclusion I reach is that you don't have "opinions," you have something more worthy. If not, you wouldn't have said it so negatively. Further, if you didn't think that more people believing something had something to do with truth, or evidence of some kind, you wouldn't have mentioned how my opinion is in the minority.

And don't get so testy. I assume you've never been part of a debate. Ever. I of course refer to formal debates. Pitty, such experiences certainly would help in this instance.

STAY ON SUBJECT AND QUIT FLIPPING RANDOM **** AROUND LIKE ****ING PANCAKES.
If you don't want me to reply to something you say, don't say it. Common sense.
It's not conductive to a debate when you make that the basis for why someone shouldn't be in.
Straw men are not conductive to debate. I never said he shouldn't be in. I said I didn't want him in. Difference. My opinion on it doesn't have much to do with his worthiness of being in.

Can you shut up about Gardevoir? Is this the Gardevoir thread? No. Who was it who accused me of talking about something in the wrong thread? Oh yeah. It was you! How about you use those brain cells G-d gave you and take your own advice. In case you haven't noticed, this is the Diddy thread.

He's important to his franchise.
And that's cool?

Is Pikachu cool then, according to you? Obviously Alexandra Roivas is cool to you too, since she's "important to [her] franchise." Baloon Fighter is awesome because he's important to his franchise then?

What did I say? I said, what makes him cool. Not why he should be in.

Last time I checked, someone didn't have to be "cool" to get into Brawl.
No, but somebody has to be cool in some way to be liked. Which is what I'm talking about. Here, let me quote me:

I'm here, asking why you people like him. What's cool about him. This has nothing to do with what "I" think. You already know what I think. I want to know what you think. What other people think. He has such a large fanbase. Why? Nobody is a fan of a character they think sucks, or is dumb, or stupid. People are fans of characters they think are cool in some way.

What's cool about Diddy?

RDK

Smash Hero
I'm using the ignore button on you. That's how ridiculous you are.

Congratulations.

Cool it man . We all know he's not actually making a "good debate" as he so likes to think, and instead is just dodging awkward questions ^^.
I know, right? Talk about getting off topic. And then he accuses ME of getting of topic, and never participating in a debate before? ****.

Vali

Smash Ace
I'm using the ignore button on you. That's how ridiculous you are.

Congratulations.

I know, right? Talk about getting off topic. And then he accuses ME of getting of topic, and never participating in a debate before? ****.
It's golden material like this:

"That's your proof? THAT? Wow. Duuuuuuumb.

Thread activity on a smash board doesn't at all show the popularity of a character. "

that really cracks me up, seeming his so called "evidence" of Gardevoir's popularity is him and his friends have heard of her. :chuckle: I mean, Sonic, Ridley and Diddy have among the biggest character threads on Smashboards (and most likely any other Smash forum) but that doesn't mean they're popular! Right!? I love how his "experience in formal debates" has given him the skill to dodge questions he can't answer too and the power to get sidetracked on irrelevant points, and then call your points irrelevant! Genius! Could be some kind of RPG level up system with abilities and whatnot.

Anyway, is there actually an ignore button? It'd be great if there was.

Seriously back to the topic of Diddy, has anyone got any decent suggestions for his FS apart from the guitar? Maybe a nice homage to Worms with a banana bomb, but that'd just be for giggles and isn't an at all serious suggestion.

LightLink17

Smash Apprentice
Once again to take up an argument I really shouldn't, just because one side is making such ******** points.
I wish I was stupid sometimes, so I can understand the crappy logic of average person. I swear, so much debate has made it so I can only argue with other people who debate often.

This thread is something like 10x the size of the Gardevoir thread. Considering there are over 100,000 registered users here, that's a good enough sample size to prove a point to you.
Let's think here. Use our brains.

Yes, over 100,000 registered users. 100,000 out of what? 6.5 billion or something.

These 100,000 are smash players. People are here for different reasons. Certainly not all 100,000 people are up here debating characters for Brawl. Course not. And even if they were, what does that prove? It shows, perhaps, that some characters are more conductive for discussion. It doesn't show much about popularity here. A horrible horrible character idea could end up getting an active thread because one person is adamant, and the rest are totally opposed to it. It would thus be controversial, not popular.

Further, this is a smash board. Where do you think the Gardevoir fans are? Here? Pfft. They are on Pokemon forums. Same with the real Diddy fans. They aren't here. They are on DK forums, or in general game forums.

So these boards in general do not show popularity of any kind. In order to get an idea of how characters are popular in relation to each other, one would have to assemble tons of data. Polls from across the world, you'd have to average them, and also account for possible errors if a certain fanbase isn't likely to be internet loving and thus is unable to take part in polls. Once you do this, you can compare, and get an extremely vague estimate of popularity.

Hopefully this won't go over your head, and you hopefully won't be dumb and twist my words in any way, or read something in it that I never said.
What he said was fact.
Never doubted it. What did I say? I said it was irrelevant. A facts ability to be irrelevant doesn't make it less of a fact. If you said "Diddy is cool because of X" and I said "The Moon orbits around the Earth" that would be mostly true, and thus a fact. Which has nothing to do with what you said.

Thus, I say the fact that what I said are opinions has nothing to do with anything. What does it matter? Well, I can logically infer reasons for this being relevant. The reasons would be:

1 - What we have are not opinions. Thus, since you have opinions, we win.

or

2 - Our opinions are better.

Neither makes sense. You have opinions too. I am a firm believer of "wrong opinions" but after I ask what makes your better, nobody says anything. Nice.

Of course, I could have been wrong. Perhaps he said it for literally no reason. But I just can't wrap my mind around empty words, and useless points. It's too illogical.
Plus something being classified as "cool" or "good" could never be stated as a fact, so why you're asking for why people think he's good or cool is pointless.
1 - No it's not. Perhaps I am motivated by a desire to understand the people whom I disagree with.

2 - A small digression. "Good" has been pondered for centuries, and philosophers around the world believe that there can be objective "good." There are several Value Theories that explore the goodness of things, their utility, ethical qualities, and such, in order to show that statements like "A banana split is good" and "I am a good person" has some sort of meaning. So to say it as a fact that "cool" and "good" could never be stated as fact is ignorant. It is perfectly possible.

But it's a debate. You're meant to state facts and not opinions. Have you actually managed to state a single fact yet?
Yes. Dozens. Have you? Sure you have. But I think you need to reword your sentence into something a little less cynical and antagonistic, and a little more meaningful.

You see, my statement that "that's just your opinion" is "irrelevant" is a fact. But that's not what you wanted.

You seem to be doing the idiocy that Mr. Kirby is doing. You seem to be under the impression that you have objective truths, while I have opinions. If not, you wouldn't be so adamant that I present you with "facts" about anything. I once again point to the fact that most of your and your buddies "facts" are just opinions, probably no more valid than mine.

I have given reasons for me not liking Diddy. Objectively, they are stupid. They are still reasons. I have asked for reasons for liking Diddy. The reason I got back was equally stupid. Doesn't matter. It's a reason.

So, what exactly is it that you want? Obviously not really facts. If you want those, I can't help you. You'd be operating under a delusion.

We all know
Correction: You all think.

Mr. Kirby would have lost so many points now that he there would be no hope, were this to be a real debate. The amount of digressions, irrelevant points, general logical fallacies, straw men...astounding.

Here's some more proof. Seem to like facts:
Here are some off-topic comments that were unsolicited:
What's so cool about Gardevoir? She's a ****ing dancing Pokemon. A DANCING POKEMON. That's so cool, guys.
Here are some off-topic comments that were solicited (solicitations that should have been ignored)

Just because you had never heard of Deoxys and Lucario means that they shouldn't be in and Gardevoir should, despite everybody else's thoughts on the matter? Seems more like a circumstantial thing to me than a popularity contest.

I'd like to see you give me 5 reasons why she should be in Brawl.
You could say the exact same thing about your experience with Gardevoir, you enormous fool.
This isn't a game. I'm not trying to throw things at you about Gardevoir, and I'm really done talking about it
Note that after this, there were about 3 or 4 comments about Gardevoir, AND all the unsolicited Gardevoir comments came after this post.

And of course we have another logical fallacy! Straw Man. I specified "formal debate." Of course the guy's been in a debate before. But, as is so often done with people who suck, it's so much easier to make me look stupid by ignoring the "formal" part of what I said, and just saying "debate", acting like that's what I said, and then proceed to refute that, rather than what was actually said by me.

Hopefully this forum isn't one that spits on things like "proof."

Anyway, where was I?
that really cracks me up, seeming his so called "evidence" of Gardevoir's popularity is him and his friends have heard of her.
ORLY? Prove it. When did I say this? I would like some quotes. Thank you.

You see, what I said was that this is evidence for the possibility of Gardevoir being able to cross boundaries that other pokemon haven't crossed yet. I even said it was circumstantial.
I mean, Sonic, Ridley and Diddy have among the biggest character threads on Smashboards (and most likely any other Smash forum) but that doesn't mean they're popular! Right!?
No. No it doesn't. Overall popularity is not going to be found from a measly 1 percent (if you're lucky) of the gaming population.

Let me restate everything I said again, as undoubtedly you're stupid and can't understand basic words.

Are the Gardevoir fans likely to be on smash sites? No. Why? Because Gardevoir currently has nothing to do with Smash. So even assuming that thread size had something to do with popularity (Hint: It doesnt) you would only find out how popular certain characters are within the Smash community that just happens to frequent smash forums.

So let's use some basic maths with variables!

Let's assume for the sake of simplicity that this is the only Smash site anywhere. That's 100,000 members. Yet Melee has sold millions of units. With all of Nintendo Gaming at Sakurai's disposal, what does it matter, the opinions of 100,000 out of millions, out of several millions?

Nothing. It's simply not indicative of popularity. AT ALL. Even assuming thread size showed popularity. Which it doesn't. For reasons stated already.

I love how his "experience in formal debates" has given him the skill to dodge questions he can't answer too
I think I understand this. Hard, really bad writing.

Anyway, if I'm right, I do encourage you to restate your questions. Perhaps I missed them. However I reserve the right to call you an idiot if I have indeed answered them, or if they are irrelevant.

and the power to get sidetracked on irrelevant points

Proof? There is where the idiots shut up. This happens often. They make claims about me, but when I ask for proof, they ignore it. So please, do quote me getting sidetracked on irrelevant points often. Keep in mind you also have to prove that the points are irrelevant.
and then call your points irrelevant!
So you're saying they are not? Amazing. Do tell me why they aren't. Explain. If you don't, please do me the honour of shutting up forever.

And if people ignore this because of "tldr" they instantly lose. It just shows they can't handle real effort in arguing, and thus fail.

RDK

Smash Hero
Anyway, is there actually an ignore button? It'd be great if there was.
Click on the person's username, and a dropdown menu should appear. Then click "Add User to Ignore List." It works wonders.

No way man. Diddy's Final HAS to be the Guitar. That was the coolest instrument out of all the Kongs' instruments, and Diddy had that badass lick and pose.

Diddy's Guitar for Final Smash!!
I'm definetely with you there. I think they could have done a better job on DK's FS, but that's just my opinion.

Top Bottom