• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong Appreciation Thread: From Dinky to Diddy, From the Jungle to the Brawl.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
They are going to have to weaken him so that he isn't basically fast DK. I just hope they don't go overboard with weakening him. Do you understand now?
What? If the update didn't already suggested it already; Diddy ISN'T a DK clone... >_>

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
still don't understand why people ever thought diddy would be a clone. there are two things wrong with that statement. we know sakurai isn't going to make clones anyway, and if you've ever played ANY dk game with diddy in it, you'd right away they are both entirely different

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
But you gotta agree that the Rocketbarrel Blast and DK's recovery are very similair. </sarcasm>

Sinn

Smash Lord
They are going to have to weaken him so that he isn't basically fast DK. I just hope they don't go overboard with weakening him. Do you understand now?
:: nods ::

Wǒ míngbai le.

I wouldn't be too worried about that though. From looking at him and hearing how they described his movement (which I can't wait to see), he sounds like he's going to be pretty individualized.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
People still think Diddy is capable of being a DK clone?

Look at the screenshots, Diddy so far doesn't even MOVE like DK. >_>

Anyway, I'm just the update was still there and it wasn't a very good and realisitc dream

majoras.

Smash Journeyman
:: nods ::

Wǒ míngbai le.

I wouldn't be too worried about that though. From looking at him and hearing how they described his movement (which I can't wait to see), he sounds like he's going to be pretty individualized.
actually dk itself its not that slow, he just has a crappy recovery move, and lags, but about slow characters, i think link is even slower than DK.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Here is my old moveset I posted on page 68. I wonder if any of them will come true. The banana move is already an item, so that is gone. We should moniter the old movesets and see what percentage are accuarately guessed.

Diddy would be another lightweight addition to Melee. In fact, when grabbing someone the oppenent would be able to move around with Diddy still clinging on. If Diddy does not select a direction to throw the oppenent quickly, he will be thrown off. The oppenent would also be able to jump with Diddy clinging on to them, although not quite as high.

Diddy will have to rely on his quick movements and distance covering jumps in order to maintain his position on the stage.

Ground Attacks:

Running A: His trademark cartwheel. Good for racking damage.

A: A weak punch
AA: A weak punch followed by a tail whip.

Toward A: Diddy leans back on one hand and kicks outward with a foot

Up A: Diddy quickly claps his hands together to make one balled fist and uppercuts hit foes as he completes a hasty backflip

Down A: Similar to DK's, lays on stomach with one hand pressed against the floor. The other hand takes off his cap and starts horizantly swiping it at the oppenent. Very quick, can be spammed like Pickchu's A attack and Fox's barrage of kicks. Very little knockback.

Smash Forward: Diddy coils his tail like a spring, leans back on it and then shoots forward feet first. Fairly good knockback.

Smash Down: Diddy does a handstand split and spins around on his hands twice. His legs twirl like a helicopter blade, hitting oppenents to the side.

Smash Up: Quickly falls back and leans his elbows on the floor. He bicycle kicks upward a few fast revolutions before ending with one hard kick. Juggles and then kicks up.

B: Diddy whips out three bananas and begins juggiling them as he faces the screen and hums a tune. By pressing B again, Diddy will throw a random banana in a random direction. Could press three times. Banana slides on floor before halting. Could slide off stage. Anyone that walks or runs onto a banana will skid a few feet before falling. Only up to three bananas could be on stage per Diddy Kong. Bananas eventually disappear.

Toward B: Whips out his wooden pistols and fires a fast peanut from each one. No knockback, each one does about 2 to 3 percent. If both hit an oppenent, he or she will briefly be stunned, like Falc's laser. Peanuts bounce off oppenents and walls and keep going in another direction. After two to three bounces they lose speed and simply fall.

Up B: Diddy fires up his barrel. Is stationary for about as long as Fox. While in this mode, you can press three directions on the joystick. When Diddy launches, he will travel in the first direction you picked, then the second, then the third. However the length of these directions are random, but the knockback on oppenents is pretty good. If no directions are picked during the startup time, Diddy's jetpack will overheat and he will simply fall straight down.

Down B: Diddy runs fast in one place on his tiptoes. His feet become blurs the longer it is held. Can be charged for four seconds. Once released Diddy charges forward. However, if Diddy runs into someone, he will not harm them. He would pass through them just like a regular run. The purpose of the move is to give boost Diddy's speed. Diddy will become superfast for however long the move was held. You can jump and run in this mode and even attack. Attacks will do extra damage and have more knockback. However, Diddy will be extremely hard to control.

Throws:

As mentioned above, the oppenent can still move and jump once(but not attack or do an up B) while Diddy is clinging to them until Diddy throws them or until Diddy is knocked off. Kinda like the opposite of DK's throws which allows you to carry an oppenent.

A: Diddy headbutts his oppenent.
Forward Throw: Diddy grabs the oppenents arms with his hands and flips over them before throwing them over his head forward.

Back Throw: Diddy crawls to the oppenent's back and kicks them with his feet sending the oppenent whichever way they were facing.

Down Throw: Diddy does a handstand on the oppenent's head with one hand before crashing his feet down on top of the oppenent's head.

Up Throw: Diddy throws the oppenent quickly but lightly in the air, then jumps up, catches the oppenent and throws him in the air again, this time slightly higher. Diddy will be in the air below the oppenent after this throw is done, but could still use all his jumps.

Aerials:

A: Diddy pinwheels one arm in a revolution and then the other

Toward A: Does Fox's Smash forward attack in the air, not nearly as powerful and does not drag his body forward like it does Fox. As potential to send oppenents slightly down and diagnol if caught in right position.

Back A: Kicks backwards much like Donkey Kong

Down A: Shoots two peanut shots downwards.

Up A: A Headbutt similar to Dk's and Ness's

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I think that is what Clarkjables meant. Maybe his down B or crouch move will make him walk on his hands and give him different move combinations.

Bob Hollywood

Smash Rookie
For so long I've been telling people that Diddy Kong needs to be in Brawl. When I scrolled down and saw Diddy Kong's picture under the "WARNING: CHALLENGER APPROACHING!" banner, I literally jumped out of my seat and yelled "F***WIN!!"

SenorPresidente

Smash Ace
still don't understand why people ever thought diddy would be a clone. there are two things wrong with that statement. we know sakurai isn't going to make clones anyway, and if you've ever played ANY dk game with diddy in it, you'd right away they are both entirely different
i think most people who are hating diddy are too yuong to have even played donkey kong country or any of his games so they assume he is just a mini DK.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Kent...you missed out big time, man. excitement was up the wazoo yesterday. anyways the Diddy being a clone theory is dumb. in fact suggesting that anyone be a clone is dumb considering that the abundance of melee clones came from rushed development. brawl development is taking their sweet time so people need to start using common sense. his B attacks are nothing like DK or Pikachu's. and try to compare a flying peanut to a laser beam is the most ******** thing ive ever heard in my life. lets cut the crap and start using common sense here...

Dynamism

Smash Lord
I'll be semi-&quot;dead&quot; for a while after Fe
Diddy being a clone theory is dumb. in fact suggesting that anyone be a clone is dumb considering that the abundance of melee clones came from rushed development. brawl development is taking their sweet time so people need to start using common sense. his B attacks are nothing like DK or Pikachu's. and try to compare a flying peanut to a laser beam is the most ******** thing ive ever heard in my life. lets cut the crap and start using common sense here...
YEY!
so I'm thinking he'll remind me of Spiderman in the arcade marvel heroes game where they all fight eachother...just throwin that out there!

SCRAMBLE!

LightLink17

Smash Apprentice
I figured Diddy would be in Brawl. But I didn't want him in. I mostly have characters I *don't* want in, and only 3 I do want in. Diddy was top of the list of "Likely, but I really don't want you" along with King Dedede.

There goes half my hopes that.

Talendime

Smash Ace
I figured Diddy would be in Brawl. But I didn't want him in. I mostly have characters I *don't* want in, and only 3 I do want in. Diddy was top of the list of "Likely, but I really don't want you" along with King Dedede.

Ouch... I guess that's a disappointment. Who are the 3 you DO want in?

I still can't get over how I totally predicted this either..

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace

Who are the three characters you want in?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Anyone here also plays as Diddy in Mario Strikers Charged? Atleast I do, but I play as Diddy in every game even though I have to adapt my own style to him. My sidekicks for Diddy are 2 Hammer Bros. in the front, and one Koopa Troopa in the back. Just spreading some Mario Strikers love here...

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999

Then you have poor taste then. <_<

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
No, Diddy's infact far more important to DK than Luigi is to Mario. Luigi is only the "second Mario" only needed for multiplayer games, and sometimes for RPGs, while all the mayor Mario titles like Galaxy, Mario 64 (on the N64 mind you) and Sunshine are all Mario-only titles with Luigi mostly not even mentoined.

Whereas Diddy was always playable in everygame DK was in except for Jungle Beat - which doesn't even count since ALL Rare made characters simply got replaced -. Diddy also got so populair, that he even featured the 2nd DKC where he got his own girlfriend & sidekick Dixie Kong to safe Donkey himself with from the evil claws of Kaptain K.Rool. And ofcoarse, don't forget Diddy Kong Racing either which is the 2nd fastest selling N64 game only to be beaten by the legendary LoZ: Ocarina of Time.

I could go even more into detail, but I don't think that's really neccecarily now that Diddy is confirmed. With that being said, I'm even more happy Diddy finally made it into Brawl. =) Now that also Petey got de-confirmed, I've got no doubts that Brawl's gonna be one of the best games Nintendo will ever release.

Kentalish

Smash Lord
for mario strikers i use diddy DK or Petey boo on leftwing birdo on right and drybones on defence...
NEXT WEEK DIDDY FINAL SMASH AND SPECIAL MOVES !!! or hopefully one of em prolly specials

behemoth

Smash Journeyman
No, Diddy's infact far more important to DK than Luigi is to Mario. Luigi is only the "second Mario" only needed for multiplayer games, and sometimes for RPGs, while all the mayor Mario titles like Galaxy, Mario 64 (on the N64 mind you) and Sunshine are all Mario-only titles with Luigi mostly not even mentoined.

Whereas Diddy was always playable in everygame DK was in except for Jungle Beat - which doesn't even count since ALL Rare made characters simply got replaced -. Diddy also got so populair, that he even featured the 2nd DKC where he got his own girlfriend & sidekick Dixie Kong to safe Donkey himself with from the evil claws of Kaptain K.Rool. And ofcoarse, don't forget Diddy Kong Racing either which is the 2nd fastest selling N64 game only to be beaten by the legendary LoZ: Ocarina of Time.

I could go even more into detail, but I don't think that's really neccecarily now that Diddy is confirmed. With that being said, I'm even more happy Diddy finally made it into Brawl. =) Now that also Petey got de-confirmed, I've got no doubts that Brawl's gonna be one of the best games Nintendo will ever release.
How about the games where donkey kong got his start? You know, big monkey, ladders and flaming barrels?

LightLink17

Smash Apprentice
Ouch... I guess that's a disappointment. Who are the 3 you DO want in?
Alexandra Roivas, Gardevoir, and Midna.

Then I have a huge list of "I don't want you's". Luckily, I only have Dedede left of "Likely's".

Then you have poor taste then. <_<
Thanks.

Shuma

Smash Hero
We whant more Space Pirate Dragons!!! We whant more Space Pirate Dragons!!! We whant more Space Pirate Dragons!!!.

Top Bottom