• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diamonds in the Rough: The South Team at FC

chaddd

Smash Lord
If I make it to ltec I'll make a point to play you...I'm bad at friendlying!!!

>_>

Oh are you headed to FC by chance???

:colorful:
Unfortunately, no. I'm spending the week after LTEC at the beach with Wesley. Hurray for low humidity weather!

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Haha this thread is one big ego contest.

Anyway why doesn't Florida just make their own regional crew if possible. Isn't like most of the top 10 going plus a lot more top 20ish players?

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
I'm not entirely sure why you, XIF, and Linguini doubt me so much. I mean, I've never played any of you, but just because I'm from a state that doesn't contain a lot of skilled people, you assume that your state will forever come out on top. I went from complete newb to the top of my Power Rankings in less than a year and a half, and I've been state ranked in every game I've ever played competitively. You can doubt Georgia all you want, but I'm not sorry to say that I hate everything this state represents. I hate the weather, I hate the majority of the people, but most of all, I hate people assuming that I'm some redneck ****** that says "Ya'll" and "Reckon" just because of where I'm from. I don't have an accent, I am incredibly articulate, and I don't fit any of the stereotypes of being from the South.

Believe it or not, despite the mad trash you few guys talk, I like all you guys from Florida. I've heard nothing but good things about you, and I can't wait to play with you guys. I know you're good, and have earned a reputation as such. But I don't see why you must belittle me every chance you get in an attempt to crush any and all attempts I make at making a name for myself. I don't know if it's to boost your own ego or not, but talking trash about people you've never played or met, or even talked to in real life, is incredibly ignorant. We did that same thing when Nite came down for one of our tournaments for the first time, and he crushed us all because we underestimated him so much (I now trade with him, though).

I can't wait to meet and play all of you, especially Queen(Wes tells me you rule). But as far as all this trash talk goes, the money match remains, but how about instead of hyping your own state, we just wait and see what happens? Then maybe if I lose, you can talk trash to me if I decide to EVER bad mouth your state's abilities(which would be incredibly stupid in the first place).

Good luck to XIF in our money match, good luck to everyone else at exarch's tournament, I can't wait to get some experience playing you guys. But some of you guys just need to get over yourselves. It's not refreshing to know that there are top players out there that immediately assume the skill level of people without ever playing them...a mistake that I only expect from those players that put vids of themselves beating up level 9 computers. I would have thought that being at the skill level you are at, you should know that others are quite as capable, if not more so, than you at improving their game.

I happily await all challengers, inside or outside of Georgia, and the idea of improvement of those around me doesn't cause me feel hostility, but it makes me excited for the community as a whole. For years, Mike G, Bobby(just1111), and Wes(Our Savior Marth) dominated the Georgia Smash scene, and my goal when beginning to play this game competitively was to show everyone else that though they were good, they were not forever above us all. The result? I finally took Wes out of his own tournament, which happened to be my 3rd Smash tournament ever. I always thought that winning and being a good sport dictated a kind word from others, and a recognized name in the community, but all I've learned is that it creates just as many haters as so-called "fans".

Please try not to spread this negative vibe towards competitive gaming, as the gaming community as a whole is already facing prosecution from older generations for a number of reasons.

Can't we all just get along? Why the hate? Why the comtempt? Why did you guys choose to trash my combo video with no clear reason for any of it? I don't know you at all, but have respected you as smashers since before I even had a smashboards account.

I had no idea you would turn out to feel such spite for another talented member of the community, just trying to have some fun and make some friends through this game we all love so much.

Everyone who still has hate towards Chaddd after this post should get rid of it. There is no need for any more hate towards him. He's said he just wants to have fun, and doesn't want any hate. He basically apologized to all that hates him. So no more of it. I have mad respect for Chaddd. Its not easy to write a huge essay and so well describe what your feeling.

BTW, just bought my plane tickets today. So now I'm 100% going :).

Pritch

Smash Lord
Colbol and green mario should definitely be on the list of maybes for fl, and maybe exarch and chops as well.

And Dope is midwest if I'm not mistaken, but I'm pretty sure wobbles is south (texas, right?).

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
psh forward. that noob. nicknyte can beat you.

jokes.

forwards a convenient addition.... anyway cyphus didnt post GA, is wes going? and he left out chaddd not that ive seen him play but his accomplishments make him sounds like a possible candidate.

and i like how cyphus posted himself and lee as the only possible La candidates... you totally have to leave the final spots for the team open until everyone at the place and we can show you how we play... i say we i guess meaning cyphus myself and lee since i dont think jon really deserves it but maybe he'll surprise you too. i think the main focus should be the set members in the team.

with the 7 "most deserving" members cyphus posted + forward that only leaves 2 spots anyway so you should definitely wait to fill them.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Everyone check first post for an updated list of spots.

There's 7 people picked out at the moment; I already have 3 people in mind to fill those critical last 3 spots, but I probably won't be making any decisions until I get some feedback from forward, dashizwiz, keepspeedn. No final decision will be made until most likely the friday of FC.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
i didn't include chad in my guesstimate list becuz he's not going. and forward/taj/wobbles have always been known as AZ candidates...and they were considered WestCoast for a long time....but if they're South now...then i guess its obvious they're on the team. lol
With cave, xelic, speedn, shiz, forward, wobbles, and taj........the south team looks to be shaping up alot...maybe even beat some other regions!?

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Dear Southeast players;

Kish Prime originally vetoed the plan to add Arizona, however a thread has been made as a forum to discuss this situation. So far it seems no one from the South is opposed to the addition of Arizona, even if it costs some worthy 'second-rung' players (as Cyphus put it) some spots by reducing the available number from 5 to 3. However, I think we all feel that winning as a region far outweighs personal pride, and Taj, Forward, and Wobbles put us one step closer to achieving that. So I ask you all to post here (http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=108044) to show YOUR support for the inclusion of Arizona on the South team. If you feel you have a shot at making the crew but that is in jeopardy now with the addition to 3 top tier players, but you're willing to make that sacrifice for the team, then please speak up.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
Geographically speaking if u put a compass w/ 4 points over the US...Arizona would be closer to the West Arrow, than it is to the South Arrow. But apparently theres more to geography than this.
i honestly don't know how i feel. How many states does the east coast even have?...Isn't their whole lineup CA anyway? W/ AZ, its like Midwest vs East vs South vs California?

i suppose AZ has been participating w/ the South Region more as of late, which is probably the best argument for it being south team...but i can't help but wonder that if AZ joining South, because it would help us in crews, is our best reason...than its a selfish, illogical one.

i feel compelled to not talk in the official thread for this though, because it probably would just make me look like i'm trying in increase my odds @ south crew. i won't deny the fact i really do want to be on, but at this point i really have no idea my shot is good enough to even put me as the next eligible bachelor for the job if AZ doesn't join. Either way...i am tired of SouthCrew getting *****...but iunno..just feels wrong to add someone whos not originally part of the South Crew. The South Crew is what the South Crew IS. I'm not a fan of modifying it...i rather we just get better.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
if south gets az, i think south will beat all regions
Which is why Midwest needs to prevent it from happening at all costs; this could be their year as well as it can be ours, but with AZ the odds swing heavily in our favor.

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
The modification of the South crew happened when AZ got taken OFF at the beginning of this year's divisions. AZ had been on it in previous years.

A point of personal opinion though DoH:

Taj, Forward, Shiz, Speed, and Caveman have all proved themselves at large (national) tournaments. Xelic and Wobbles (I believe) have yet to do that (if I didn't keep my eye on TX tourneys from time to time i don't know if i'd know who Xelic is.) Both of these two are from the SW, and at least cause a little bit of hesitation from my SE mind. I know that Xelic and Wobbles are more than likely the best Peach and Icy (respectively) coming from the South which is probably your reasoning; but it seems to me to be a little bit of SW bias.

If I was captain, I'd be more likely to give the 6th and 7th spot to GM and QDVS (or some of the other good FL players). But that is obviously my SE bias.

I hope you understand where I'm coming from-I ask you to not guarentee spots for Xelic and Wobbles, but it is fine to let them know they have a good shot. It seems to me it would be more fair to have them go through the application process (or whatever it will be) as all the SE members will have to go through in order to make the team; because their names do not hold the same ring as Taj, Forward, and Caveman here in the SE.

I mean absolutely no offense to anyone in the South because we're gonna TAKE FC REGIONALS BOO YEA.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
kishprime has decided and specifically stated...

"For this year, Arizona will be West Coast. Next year we will discuss if regional ties have shifted, and make a decision at that time. This discussion is still a good one to have, so feel free to continue, but remember this next year when we are reviewing regional ties before FC Next."

so Forward and Taj are no longer candidates. Wobbles is living is TX now..and i see no reason why he can't be south though.

Cave, Shiz, Speedn, Wobbles, Xelic
sheik..falco.....fox.......ice......peach

the next, most deserving candidates, who are coming, would be...?
Chad, Cyphus, Doh, GreenMario, Lamb, Lee, Moogle, Nite, QDVS, XIF?
pika.....doc....peach...mario.....falco...fox..sheik..falco..marth..peach

thats actually 15 people in total. 10 people for crews, 5 as alternates? (the list is in alphabetical btw so i made no bias)...but its just me throwing out ideas...who else is a possible candidate?

(Yea i know i'm not captian or w/e, but i'm just trying to get some discussion going)

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Exarch: Wobbles and Xelic have both taken sets off of the big name players like Caveman, Rob$, FLT, Forward, Taj, etc. Last year Xelic was an invaluable part in crew battles. Xelic beat (I think) KeepSpeedN at last year's FC. Combined they've done far more than anyone in the Southeast, apart from Shiz/SpeedN

And I'm still going to fight for Arizona.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
HOLY ****...
Sethlon is OFFICIALLY on the SOUTH TEAM...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFz9O18qQRs&mode=related&search=
he won the McDonalds Tournament!!!

don't be harsh on the poorly selected video clips though. the TV was one of those really laggy plasma ones, lol. i just thought this was hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_a-Q9Aui0Y&mode=related&search=
here's another one w/ wes(aka fastliketree)
-notice the characters' name tags-
Lol those things are stupid. I won the last one in austin.

Also, LAWL at someone saying Xelic shouldn't have a guaranteed spot XD XD XD. Xelic is definitly one of the best peach players in the USA. Not just the south.

stripesorbars2

Smash Cadet
Cyphus, I have no problem with you.

Chadddddddddddd, I have no problem with you.

But dear God, there are absolutely no statistics showing either of you to be awesome or even good at this game.

No one from LA or GA is of any worth until we see your FC performance(which will most likely be ****ty).

I want to be on the team too, but unfortunately, just like you guys, I suck(but I still own XIF and he should be on the team).

Also, ALMOST beating someone means nothing(It means the person you were playing was sandbagging).

chaddd

Smash Lord
Cyphus, I have no problem with you.

Chadddddddddddd, I have no problem with you.

But dear God, there are absolutely no statistics showing either of you to be awesome or even good at this game.

No one from LA or GA is of any worth until we see your FC performance(which will most likely be ****ty).

I want to be on the team too, but unfortunately, just like you guys, I suck(but I still own XIF and he should be on the team).

Also, ALMOST beating someone means nothing(It means the person you were playing was sandbagging).
I fail to comprehend where the logic comes in. First, I'm not going to FC, I already said that. Second, I wasn't aware that there is no proof that I'm not good at this game, I know who I've beaten. And third, I don't think barely losing your first stock before taking theirs, and then immediately killing the opponent when I come back to the stage, or SD'ing and still keeping up with the stocks means that my opponent MUST be sandbagging. Say what you like, but I have never been cocky in any way since I started competitive gaming 8 years ago, and from what I hear, I have magically been talking all this trash about all these people without any recollection of saying it. Weird. Case and point once again, you've never played me. Money match?

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
stripes..at least your honest about sucking yourself...but you're sadly misinformed about everything else.
ShizWiz, (your best player of FL) suggested himself that i could be on the South Crew. Maybe he knows a little more about LA and GA than you? But by bashing us, your just digging you're own grave.
I'd MM you, but you're just gonna be like "nah, lolz i suck."
You say there are no statistics support LA's skill..and yetI've already posted enough accomplishments and impressive rankings LA has gotten at the regional and even national level, but you don't seem all that focused on listening, because you're too busy being an a$s-hat. but its cool...i forgive you.
anyway, you should leave this discussion. you've already admitted you're bad, and proven to everyone you have horrible judgement skills. Bashing LA is one thing, but you're bashing GA and they're not even going to FCD. lol..you're rediculous. lol

anyway...back on discussion.
is wobbles able to play for TX?

stripesorbars2

Smash Cadet
Basically, what I was saying was: FL,AZ,TX> Any other state in the "south".

And Cyphus, you sound so pathetic.

"Wahhhhh I wanna be on the team too WAHHHHHHHHHH".

And chadddd I was being an *** to you because of an earlier post XIF showed me.

No hate torwards chadddd.

And yes MM for both you.

5 bucks.

Green and XIF and maybe chopsies should get the remaining spots.

LA sucks.

Johns.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Cyphus - I believe it is Wobbles choice as to whether he plays for AZ or TX. Maybe some one should direct him over here and ask him his opinion.

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
stripes-lmfao n00b. 50$MM. gopissacactus.

me and cyphus have more than enough to make it. i promise;D. figgit.

trash talk trash talk IM GAY!

Nite

Smash Champion
Obviously Doodah is joking. I never take anything he says seriously. I don't think anyone else should either.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Am I the only one who notices that he just intentionally makes people angry for the sake of it and that it would be best to ignore him?
Ignore who? :)

And I sent a PM to Wobbles. Hopefully he can give his input to what he plans on doing.

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
psh. 50$ make it 100$

that noob lee he's garbage take all his money.

;)

yeah lee is most deserving to be on the south team.

doodah i like how u bash an entire state even though you've never played anyone from it or seen them play. u going to fc too? i got a mm for you as well if so.

Top Bottom