• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diamonds in the Rough: The South Team at FC

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Since Drew isn't going to FC this year I got lucky enough to be named the Captain of the South Team this year for the FC6 crew battle.

This means I need 15 good people to play on the for the south, so I"m going to use Drew's qualifications from last year, since they're there.

Basically they must meet three qualifications...

1. Actually going to FC6

2. Are good

3. Are actually from the South

#2 is nice and #3 is kind of a necessity but #1 is the most important part right now.

I keep track of a lot of smash gossip but I don't know everything about every region, especially ones that I've never played in, such as the Atlantic South; what I'm looking for are players who can be valuable assets to the crew, those who have great match ups and counterpicks and can hold their own against top players from other regions. I also would like to try and maintain a balance between southeast and southwest, but not to the point where it compromises the abilities of the team.

I'll try and have try outs at the tournament if necessary, but for now this will have to do.

So, if any of you would like to be on the team, post here or PM me about your strengths, weaknesses, tournament records, and general information about you as a smasher, or any fellow smashers you feel would be worth of joining the crew.

BASICALLY GUARANTEED SPOTS:

Forward
Taj
Wobbles
Caveman
Xelic
KeepSpeedN
DaShizWiz

So who else is going? Let me know

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
i'm sure there are others more deserving...but given the cicrumstance its unknown whos showing...LA will be there, and this time...6 of our best players.

At FC6, the south seemed pretty desperate for a full crew and extras, and me and you DoH battled it out for the spot as a replacement, lol. we had a retardedly close set 2-1, last fight w/ u at your last stock over 100% lol.
Looking back at that day, you pretty much suck compared to what i've seen of you now though, and i only expect the same for myself. (not that i think peach versus doc was a fair matchup to begin with, lol)

At INN5 3 of us, i think, LA made a good impression w/ me and john wu(juju) getting 17th, and lee getting 13th outta the 100+ people, getting past 2 round robin pools and fighting our way through the 32-man bracket.

I know theres alot of great players comfortably just waiting for their name to be mentioned, but I'll remind the cap'n to keep in mind the option to sample our best underground players for if/when the time comes to make a better team.

cyphus aka unofficial "LA capt" out ;)

3GOD

Smash Ace
Chad FTW

I suggest that Chad be on the crew from the south...he is currently 2nd on the Mid-South Power Rankings (though I believe he'll probably be 1st when the update comes around). Also, he placed 9th I think at INNsomnia V and also placed well at G4S3 I believe (either won or got 2nd maybe I think). All in all, he is definitely one of the best smashers in the Atlantic South at least, and I'm pretty sure he is going to FC.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Chad FTW

I suggest that Chad be on the crew from the south...he is currently 2nd on the Mid-South Power Rankings (though I believe he'll probably be 1st when the update comes around). Also, he placed 9th I think at INNsomnia V and also placed well at G4S3 I believe (either won or got 2nd maybe I think). All in all, he is definitely one of the best smashers in the Atlantic South at least, and I'm pretty sure he is going to FC.
Rice who is 9th on the poweranking list for Florida got 1st at G4S3. And Chaddd at INNsomnia got 13th.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=100664&highlight=INNsomnia

Chaddd is a pretty good Ganon. But I know many Floridians that are at his level and better. I hope it doesn't sound mean, just wanted to put my 2 cents/correct where you said he got 9th at INNsomnia and is definitely one of the best smashers in the Atlantic South.

And to finish what I'm saying. I currently don't know if I can make it to FC. But to let you guys know where me and SpeedN stand.

INNsomnia SpeedN 2-0'd Tink in pools. Just yesterday at Pound he 2-0'd Tink in pools again, and in singles he 2-1'd him. And SpeedN beat Viperboy. And he barely lost to M2K in their matches.

I only fought Tink once in tournament yesterday and I 2-0'd him as well. And the vids will be out in a week or so. And when they come out, watch them :).

BTW, I fought Drephen as well. The set was very, very close. I hope people enjoy it.

And SpeedN forfeited to me, so no one else really besides M2K beat him. He was pretty much owning the tourney.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Wrong Chad, Shiz. He meant -Chad-, Mid South's current #2. -Chad- Got second at G4S3, and placed 9th at INN V, has taken games from top level players including Darkrain. I can't do anything but agree with 3GOD that -Chad- should be on that team.

However, Chaddd still may not be a bad choice either. He is GA's current #2, and truely is a beast despite all of his **** talking. Get around his bad mouthing everyone, and you have a hell of a player lol. True many of FL players are top notch (I never doubted it) however, GA's top 2 should definately be in consideration (#1 is Wes).

And of course if we can pull good ol' Mike G. out of retirement for this, then there's your man right there. :)

chaddd

Smash Lord
Well it's strange that I've actually been suggested already. I appreciate the kudos, even though it all stemmed from Bronson mistaking me for pikachad, but whatever.

However, if I'm at all considered for this, I think it should wait until after LTEC, so I have a chance to prove my worth without thousands of people telling me I'm "not worthy".

But for the record, I believe I've greatly improved my game since Insomnia, and feel that I sucked horribly bad compared to now, but that could just be a lot of hot air, which is why I want to wait for this next Southern Circuit Tournament to show and see where I stand. I was going stock for stock with Darkrain and Forward at INNV with my Ganon, so I don't know what that means at this point, but I'd like to show what I'm capable of this coming July 7th.

EDIT: No johns.

3GOD

Smash Ace
Yeah I was actually referring to -Chad- aka Pikachad. However, I think that chaddd also is one of the better players in the region.

Shiz mentioned Rice - I also considered mentioning him, but I was unsure of his attendance at FC.

One thing that maybe should be considered is the characters that people are good with...for instance, I know that Nite and Rice and probably others have really great Falco skills, but honestly, Shiz's Falco is probably the best by far in the South. You probably need more characters than Falco (not that these players only play Falco) - like it would be nice to have some good Marth and Fox and Sheik players on the team as well. Just my $0.02.

SaberPrime

Smash Journeyman
I would definately nominate Nite as a really good Falco pick for the South. Falco seems to be a dominate character nowadays in smash so it wouldn't hurt to have a couple on the team.

If GAWes is going to FC he is a very very good Cpt.Falcon and should be considered if you guys would like a Falcon on the team. If he doesn't go and you guys don't have a cpt.falcon and are looking for one I don't have that bad of one ((I know power rankings wise I am not that high, and at INNV I didn't make it out of second round pools but please don't make that a judgement to decide, I have improved quite a bit since then.)) But if you have someone in mind already go for it lol.

Also Ihavespaceballs is a VERY nice Samus, he has been doing incredible these past few bi-weeklies that we've had.

Of course, Pikachad owns face like usual, and has been winning almost all of our bi-weeklies since we've started them up again.

I'm just speaking about the people from our area and do not have any knowledge of the other southern regions, it's very hard to make a decision since we all do not regularly game with each other. :)

chaddd

Smash Lord
(i beat GA's best 2-0 at the seibrik's smash bash tourney ****)

I think what you mean is you beat Georgia's #1 player according to the power rankings, not Georgia's best. But overlooking Mikey G and the fact that Wes and I now trade with him is straight.:confused:

Gerbil

Smash Champion
I also wanna nominate one more. If my pal X2X is going, you have yourself one of the finest Samus players in the Atlantic South. Him and IHSB run really even, the difference between them is their playstyles. Both of them would be excellent choices as far as needing a tank in the end.

Ares726

Smash Ace
I think the following players should be considered for this. You want people who are good and characters that can take stocks without losing many. With that said, my list looks like this (not in any specific order):

Starters:
DarnkessofHeart- Peach
Rob$- Sheik
KeepSpeedN- Fox
DaShizWiz- Falco
GAwes- Captain Falcon
QDVS- Marth
Hozart- Ice Climbers
IHSB- Samus
Chad- Pikachu
Chaddd- Ganondorf

Alternates:
Cyphus- Doc
Caveman- ?
Iori- Mewtwo
Rice- Falco
FastLikeTree- Fox

Linguini

Smash Master
No offense or anything but this list is totally inacurrate. Im not going to touch the subject more because I dont really care, but your missing alot of the better players that I rather not mention at this point.

Ares726

Smash Ace
No offense or anything but this list is totally inacurrate. Im not going to touch the subject more because I dont really care, but your missing alot of the better players that I rather not mention at this point.
My thought was just to go down the tier list and see who I thought was best in the region with each character. I didn't think it was a good idea to double up on characters, but I do agree that there are better players in the region. I just don't know how diverse the character selection would be if we used only the top names of the region. There'd be a lot of space animals. Which I suppose isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I've seen variety as a bad thing. But anyway, post if you think of something to add/replace.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
i'd also reccomend chaddd's ganon. that thing is a beast, and had as close as 2 matches can get with my doc. (stupid corneria glitch :<)

Having pikachad is borderline-risky <_< (unless he uses fox?) But i saw what his pika can do so i'm sure he at least can do enough damage on his switch-turn, but i worry they could counter him, on their turn, pretty ruthlessly :/

if i get considered i'd like to boast my confidence against marth. Even a year ago, at FC6 i was a single grab away from beating Husband in my 2nd pool. We went 2-1, with him at his last stock 80+%.
And at INNV i securely passed every marth user: john wu(he got 17th/who i fight all the time in LA), my 1st oponent in the 32-man bracket(I forget), and someone else (not sabreguy, who i got confused with, sorry)

...well truth be told, i lost to some random marth in pool 1, but i shouldn't of had underestimated him, and SD'd a couple times, but w/e...**** happens, i came out 1st in my pool anyway, and i think he knew i shoulda had that win, lol.

although i think marth has a lil advantage..i know the matchup so much better than any marth does, i just love it when i see my oponent pick marth.

outside that, i also have alot of experience versus fox (Lee), heh
i don't think i have any ******** worry about any specific character (doc is very balanced anyway), but i guess i'd expect somebody to have my back versus capt. and maybe peach. =)

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
oh wow..yea, ur the capt....lol. god my memory sucks..i'm thinking of someone else, hahah. my bad man.

but yea..where's Plank from?

he's got a really awesome sheik, that prolly deserves to be on the team.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Plank from the East Coast, he just hosted pound.

Can someone tell me if these good people like Chad are actually going?

chaddd

Smash Lord
*rolls eyes at thread*

If you're going to use SE players just use FL peeps.

<3 SE
What a terrible terrible terrible terrible generalization. I'm starting to become pretty irritated that Florida gets all this respect because of Shiz and Speedn, but Georgia is this unnoticed joke to everyone else. I'm going to destroy LTEC. That's all I have to say.

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
What a terrible terrible terrible terrible generalization. I'm starting to become pretty irritated that Florida gets all this respect because of Shiz and Speedn, but Georgia is this unnoticed joke to everyone else. I'm going to destroy LTEC. That's all I have to say.
I'm pretty sure Exarch was joking, although I could be mistaken.

chaddd

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure Exarch was joking, although I could be mistaken.
It's not that exarch was talking trash, but what he said is pretty much the general message I've been hearing about the south since I started playing this game. Georgia gets just about zero respect, and the 'just about' part includes Mike G and GaWes.

And just about everytime I say something as a response to someone's post, joke or not, everyone always reads it and assumes I'm pissed or something. I'm not. I try to direct no real emotion towards smash other than thinking of the entertainment value. Aside from that, I think people are taking my seriousness too seriously, and seriously, the seriousness of everything I say is completely non-existent. That is to say, portraying it or not, I'm not ever angry.

I have this strange feeling that people read my posts and that the majority of the people that know me on the boards assume I have anger management problems or something. Oh well?

chaddd

Smash Lord
I mean, Bobby is pretty good too.
lol. I was hoping someone would make that joke.

But unfortunately, Bobby doesn't really play anymore, and kinda, sorta, started...um...COUGH...sucking.

Don't do drugs.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Chaddd, in all respect...we deserve some recognition...

FL had to deal with the "FL sucks" generalization for several YEARS...it was bad...anything we posted, and somebody'd come back with "FL sucks, though" ugh...I know where you're coming from, though...

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I wish I was going; then I could demand my own placement in the team, because Bowser make every team sexier.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Well so far I've been to tourneys in FL, GA, AL, LA, MS, and TN/AR.

In general, FL really isn't over rated...

chaddd

Smash Lord
Your Welcome.....
Edit: I agree with Reflex LOL.
you're*

And for the record, I'm not saying anything bad about Florida, I just think that since skill levels are constantly changing, you can't say that one state totally voids another state just because the number of good players.

Now in all honesty, FL vs GA top 10 battle, we'd get massacred, no question at all. But the skill level in Georgia is so odd, because our number 1 is GaWes, but Mike G is our secret number 1, he just doesn't care about tournaments anymore. The rest of our top 10, I dare say, has a bit more trouble than Wes and I with beating Mikey. That is to say, I don't think I've seen anyone else beat him in our state.

Whatever, all will be revealed this 7/7/7 at exarch's amazing tournament.

I really want to see where I stand now.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
I once beat him!!! :O At Snowday!!!!!!

Then I woke up ^.^

And Alpha, where's the support man? I even put you up for the team if you were going (but I doubt you are now right?)

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
And at INNV i securely passed every marth user: john wu(he got 17th/who i fight all the time in LA), my 1st oponent in the 32-man bracket(I forget), and someone else (not sabreguy, who i got confused with, sorry)

...well truth be told, i lost to some random marth in pool 1, but i shouldn't of had underestimated him, and SD'd a couple times, but w/e...**** happens, i came out 1st in my pool anyway, and i think he knew i shoulda had that win, lol.

=)
I was the random Marth. SD happens, so does underestimating people. Rematch next time we're at the same tourney?
I'm not saying you couldn't have done better and beaten me. I'm saying talking crud like that is offensive, and I think we should have a match next time I see you, rather than sit here and type bull**** all day.

I was impressed with how good you were when I played you, had perhaps some respect for you- you seemed like a nice dude.
I don't want some sort of grudge here, all I want is a 10$ MM 3/5 next time we're at the same tournament. I don't know if I can beat you, all I want is the chance to find out. If I win, maybe that time you'll remember my name.

-Menthol

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
yea. sorry for being an as$. i guess i was just trying to make a strong point i'm confident against marth, but i didn't wanna leave out a loss in case someone throws it in my face later.
i have a horrible memory(and i try to tell everyone...guess it doesn't rly matter)...but recalling it now, yea...u were a cool guy and u dont have anything to prove, cuz you did win, not me. "underestimation" is pretty cheap excuse for a tournament match, but i'll stick to my SD(s) as my fault for losing.

if i remember correctly, i was a good sport after our fight and in the pool pretty much to everyone. I normally have some pride as being a very friendly guy so...
I accept your MM ($10 3/5), under the condition of no hard feelings. I'm sure u'll have improved at our MM and maybe have a strategy or trick for potentially a lengthy set, so don't be surprised if i have one too. =)
this isn't marth vs. doc, afterall right? also...do we get a level strike?

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
Yeah, I don't have hard feelings about any of this.
Sure, a stage-ban is fine with me-
Marth vs. Doc is the matchup I want, I won't be counter-picking characters.
I'm looking forward to it. ^_^
Hopefully, I won't dissapoint you.
;)

Realizzle

Smash Cadet
I think the following players should be considered for this. You want people who are good and characters that can take stocks without losing many. With that said, my list looks like this (not in any specific order):

Starters:
DarnkessofHeart- Peach
Rob$- Sheik
KeepSpeedN- Fox
DaShizWiz- Falco
GAwes- Captain Falcon
QDVS- Marth
Hozart- Ice Climbers
IHSB- Samus
Chad- Pikachu
Chaddd- Ganondorf

Alternates:
Cyphus- Doc
Caveman- ?
Iori- Mewtwo
Rice- Falco
FastLikeTree- Fox
Why are Caveman and FLT just "alternates" on your list?

Unless of course QDVS, Hozart, IHSP, and Chaddd have just amazingly superior tournament resumes to them in which case I can see Cave and FLT being alternates.

But, ****, if that's the case, I wasn't aware SE was so stacked with players of that calibur. Can someone drop notable tournament victories of the SE players I mentioned?

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
it's kinda depressing la doesn't get considered for these kinds of things... cyphus is usually the only person to speak out and be known outside of la, but we need to get some more names out there. he mentioned 6 players good enough to be considered, but i think theres realistically only 4. i played like crap at inn5 singles so i cant rly say crap but me and eet got 8th or 9th in teams. the top 4 players without question are lee, johnwu, cyphus, and myself. i think we can rly surprise everyone if you give us a chance. a couple more being a guy named ricky and eet, but i think they would get beaten alot worse at such a big tournament. manko can vouch for at least me and eet and im seriously considering going to this so y'all shouldn't make anything definite until you see us play. jonwu and lee also got 5th in teams at inn5
peace

Top Bottom