• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Man, I hate games that are all grind for the sake of seeing bigger numbers.

BUT WHY DO I LOVE THE DISGAEA SERIES!?

I'm about to enter post game for Disgaea 4 and I can't stop. Someone send a search party.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
My C, V, H, and Forward Slash keys are dead in Chrome. I copy pasted them from another program. What in God's name?

EDIT: Also dead on my soft keyboard.

Last edited:

Orboknown

Smash Hero
This help at all?
However, the most unlikely solution I came across was someone mentioning damaged ribbon cable that connects laptop keyboard to motherboard. I unscrewed the keyboard with cable still attached to motherboard. The cable was folded like a V from the keyboard to the motherboard, which I straighten when I pulled the keyboard towards the touchpad. All the keys that didn't work now started working including the Fn keys.

So for me the problem was the folded ribbon cable. I guess because of years of being bent (like paper) the wires inside the ribbon are giving up. (and also I have removed the keyboard countless time over the years while dismantling the laptop thus straining the cable while putting it back to the motherboard). I guess the bending of cable was causing issues with matrix of the ribbon cable. Sometimes when I pressed a key, three characters use to appear. Pressing O showed French characters. It looks like it was a coincidence that the keys stopped working just around the time of reinstalling Windows 7.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
It's not a Hardware problem. THe onsCreen keyboard is also ****ed.

THis is apparently a problem tHat oCCured for otHer users and it's tHe same keys. C, H, and V.

Also, Caps still work.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I liked Disgea 1. I haven't played any of the other and wonder if they are just as good or better, meaning if I should play them if I have time.

Maven89

Smash Master
I'm so dumb for resubscribing to World of Warcraft

I've done this every expansion but Pandariat, I think "this will be cool", play the game for like 2 months, then go "wait a minute, I've done this all before" then quit. Then like two years later I go "oh hey this looks cool".

You can only play a game so much before it becomes pointless

Why did ESO have to suck so much at everything it tried to do >: (

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332

I've done this every expansion but Pandariat, I think "this will be cool", play the game for like 2 months, then go "wait a minute, I've done this all before" then quit. Then like two years later I go "oh hey this looks cool".

I know what you're saying, I can never find a worthwhile mmo to play, that I started to not even bother with the genre. As most require a subscription for the whole experience, yet monthly investments are not worth what game actually gives you.

Then again though, I'm not that big of mmo player, and don't have the things to warrant a subscription like having people to play with regularly or the time/patience for the subsciption period not to be squandered.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium

you'll find that wod endgame is massively different than every other expansion

less stuff to do everyday (no faction grinding for gear, no dailies for gear, everything is more centralized), which is nice because you don't feel like you need to invest hours each day just to keep up

basically I just log onto my paladin, do my follower dailies, pick up garrison stuff, and log off unless I want to do dungeons or LFR. the only real grind right is if you want pvp gear

Maven89

Smash Master
Yeah I'm at the WOD endgame, there's nothing to do with your time and I don't like paying a monthly fee on top of the initial purchase for a few hours of non-rewarding content a month. I feel WoW has just sunk more and more into "larger number rewards for less".

I played Warcraft since day 1 (just got my statue), starting with WOTLK the game turned into "bash your face in the keyboard and get loot". I don't mind the loss of grinds, I mind the loss of any semblance of needing to improve yourself. Personally I hated the grinds, always had, I ragequit in Vanilla after doing BRD for like the fortieth time to get FR gear, so I love some aspects of what they've done. But they removed the grinds while adding nothing new to make up for it. WoW feels more like a facebook game then ever before. I'm 25, I don't have time to just set aside 4-5 hours a week in advance to play a video game to raid, but there's nothing else to do. I liked having daily quests to log on and finish up in 20 minutes. That's really all I need. I don't feel good getting purple gear, I feel good accomplishing goals and killing hard and difficult bosses. The gear was just icing on the cake.

I heard dailies went overboard in Mists, I never played there so can't say. But I feel Blizzard is just going from one extreme to the next.

Last edited:

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
you just gotta find something that makes you enjoy the game other than raiding. at the end of mop, i was really into making gold and i starting paying for my monthly fees with the gold i made. mount hunting is fun at times too

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Man, I hate games that are all grind for the sake of seeing bigger numbers. BUT WHY DO I LOVE THE DISGAEA SERIES!? I'm about to enter post game for Disgaea 4 and I can't stop. Someone send a search party.
You've accepted sardines as your lord and savior.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I started playing Fire Emblem: Awakening because I got it in the mail the other day. I haven't seen sunlight in two days. Help me.

:186:

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
you'll find that wod endgame is massively different than every other expansion

less stuff to do everyday (no faction grinding for gear, no dailies for gear, everything is more centralized), which is nice because you don't feel like you need to invest hours each day just to keep up

basically I just log onto my paladin, do my follower dailies, pick up garrison stuff, and log off unless I want to do dungeons or LFR. the only real grind right is if you want pvp gear
I swear daily quests ****ed up WoW. I remember when that **** got introduced and ugh, now Blizzard can balance the distribution of items around a ****ton more gold than players should have, just because it's easily accessible. Never liked dailies and, honestly, a large part of what made me quit.
PVP gear as the only real grind is also hilariously stupid. Kinda beats the point of PVP, dunnit?

Maven89

Smash Master
I tried to get into pvp this expansion but the Ashran queues are so long I've literally only gotten in once, and that was at like 8 in the morning. I actually really like Ashran, I love that slow slog style pvp combat in the middle, even if I'm Horde and the entire game is just our main base getting besieged. I have no idea what's going on with their ashran instances.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
Just a quick question, why do so many people have #HBC before their username? What does it stand for?

Top Bottom