• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
Actually the second one is about....6 months old, i think i wrote it around june. The first one is maybe a year older than that. I haven't wrote anything recent and honestly I haven't been inspired at all lately, so I haven't been writing. Hence me entering something to try and kick start myself

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Go for #1, it's easier to follow and more heartfelt. (unless you think the contest holders would prefer poetry with mirroring stansa structure like in the yes/no of #2)

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I got Monaco and Civ 5 on Steam guys, so you know. Play with me *****es.

@Macman: Well for one, there is not enough new bloods to fill newbie games. So it's kinda dry. Also I dunno if I got the chance to say this but sorry for doubting you in that one game that you were town and that you and I were arguing in. I was town too. :3

whoa... I just did thaat @ to your username and that happened

cool
Sweet dude, I have Monaco and just used some gift money to get the Civ 5 Brave New World expansion.

I'm pretty sure my steam name is the same as my name here (I'm grossly unoriginal and lazy)

PS: I also finally got my PS3 it's own HDMI cable... Blazblue CP looks SOOOOO much better without those black movie bars on the top and bottom compensating for non-HD 16:9 resolution...

GOD YES SO GOOD

Had to get that out there

Last edited:

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Xbox Dgamers, Shoot Many Robots is currently free it's a 4 person side scrolling shooter, it's hilarious lets get it and play itt

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I wrote a poem about a guy who brought a bowling ball on a bus once.
Thought the world should know.

1001 dalmafian pages

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Went ahead and critiqued/re-wrote a bit because I liked the ideas behind it. Apologies for being a tad heavy-handed in my suggestions/editing.
In midnight darkness once I rode
Directionless, my brain made of mold.
[“made of” wrecks the pacing of this line. Replace with either “but” or “just”, depending on what intent you want, I think “but” is probably the better choice.]

Through endless tracks I raced the night
Fighting to such sweet light.
[Again, pacing is off. I'd use something like “Fighting to reach/meet that/the sweet moon light.” (Intentionally two words for verbally separating it.) or “Fighting to reach/meet that/the sweetest light”]

Wounded of spirit, body and mind
I took to facing this foe alone,
Thinking myself strong in kind
But never won, and thus unknown
[This section is alright, but I might change “facing” to “face” for a more natural tense-synch with “took”]

The light I sought, it was my own.
The strength I used, from my own heart grown.
[I like this section. Might change “it was” to “'twas”.]

And when the foe faced me again
His own demise , quite swiftly did apprehend
[This part's a mess. You need to add words to the first line or remove them from the second. Second could be reworded to “His own demise, did quite swiftly apprehend, possibly removing “swiftly” entirely. Would yield something like:

[And when I faced that foe again

His own demise, did apprehend
.]

A light in my mind, and of my own making.
The ideals I sought slowly awakening.
[Might remove “and”, but otherwise decent. “Slowly” having two syllables makes it a little awkward, might change it to “now”]

To find at long last
My own ending, to a once dark path.
[First line is strangely short by comparison. Add to the first perhaps?]

Twisting vines, my mind wove.
Intrinsic, complicated, the veritable grove.
Sanity, questionable. Insanity, negotiable.
[Change “veritable” to “winding” or “entwined”. Links better with line 1. Last line is just a little odd. Aren't you more or less saying the same thing twice? <Post-edit: Ah, it syncs with later stanzas. Leave it be, then.>]

Through spiked thorns, duck and wove
Veiled eyes watch my approach, as through the thickets I dove.
Utopia, approachable. Dystopia, forgettable.
[Possibly remove “as” and “of”, including the extra words is usually unnecessary and interrupts flow in poetry.]

Chilling winds, carry me, as i lay morose.
As the vines, with me interwove. [Re-word this line? “As with the vines, I lay interwove.” “me” is usually a ****ty word for poetry.]
Recognition, gained. Ignorance, disposed.

The last whisper, from my mouth arose.
My own will, my own truth, was it you I opposed ?
Empathy, granted. Apathy, outgrown
[Really like this part.]

The last question, never posed.
A simple answer, one I chose.
Both yes, and no.
[Feel like this could match your One-two, One-two pattern better, but I'm not quite sure how.]

I realize you're entering these in a contest, however, so taking my suggestions is up to you. If you were going to pick one, un-edited, I would say the first is the better of the two, but its.... actually, the second needed less to be edited. Hrm. I LIKE the first one better as a poem, but it needs more work than the second. I think that's the best way to put it.

Last edited:

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Rake said:
In midnight darkness once I rode
Directionless, my brain made of mold.

Through endless tracks I raced the night
Fighting to such sweet light.
Once I rode a girl in midnight darkness,
Directionless and hazardous she had no harness.

I raced her night through the endless track.
A heart attack, seized out for my Tiazac.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
By the way, is it just me, or has the number of active games/players around here dwindled since I was last playing?

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
weve indeed dwindled. were on a site dedicated to a 5 year old game in a room completely unrelated to it

yo anyone know if sigs are turned off on the mobile iteration?

happy new year from the future yall!

Handorin

Smash Hero
weve indeed dwindled. were on a site dedicated to a 5 year old game in a room completely unrelated to it

yo anyone know if sigs are turned off on the mobile iteration?

happy new year from the future yall!
Melee is older than that.

Smash 4 will be out soon though. It might bring some people into the woodworks.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Yea Melee is like, over a decade old. It came out in December 2001, so it's 12 years old. Smash64 came out near the beginning of 1999, so that ****** is almost 15 years old.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
well yeh, when your quarterback is a felt puppet off of sesame street, that tends to happen
I lost it.
I'm done with this 1001 page day one, daykill: Laundry
It was a long, cold, quite evening. The Bungles, errr, Bangels, had just beaten their arch-rivals the Ravens, and one young man was walking home from the game with a fire in his heart. "We're going to the playoffs!" He thought, and he was ready to show Dgames how good his team's young QB really was.
He had no idea he was dead as soon as he turned the corner.

WashedLaundry, Town Sense-Maker, has been slain in his prime.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
also while i'm here, breeding hidden powers in pokemon ****ing sucks. i avoided it for so long knowing i'd hate it and i'm still salty as i'm trying to breed an hp:ice chimchar and an hp:fire magnemite with magnet pull

if anyone can help, please do

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I can help.

Stop. Enjoy your short and fragile existence for every moment.
Kiss someone tonight.
Smile.
i'll do my best sir nabe but that was written at the time of like 1 in the afternoon and i don't have a lot of ways to kill time here.

Top Bottom