• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Melee Thread! 10/20 Little Rock, 10/27 San Antonio

slacker!

Smash Journeyman
AYE DALLAS
want a venue hosting monthly melee tournaments?

then please vote for melee over at:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Carrollton-TX/Fruitealicious-Bubble-Tea-Carrollton-TX/153402776080

sorry if you hate facebook, but that's how they're doing the voting process.
the first tournament (assuming melee wins) will probably just give out gift cards as prizes (therefore no entry fee); however, if turnout is better than expected, i'm positive they'll start doing the usual entry fee&cash pot

MimicMew

Smash Apprentice
AYE DALLAS
want a venue hosting monthly melee tournaments?

then please vote for melee over at:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Carrollton-TX/Fruitealicious-Bubble-Tea-Carrollton-TX/153402776080

sorry if you hate facebook, but that's how they're doing the voting process.
the first tournament (assuming melee wins) will probably just give out gift cards as prizes; however, if turnout is better than expected, i'm positive they'll start doing the usual entry fee&cash pot
What day? Around what time?

I honestly wouldn't want to pay for gift card prizes, but I will go if anyone good attends.

slacker!

Smash Journeyman
What day? Around what time?

I honestly wouldn't want to pay for gift card prizes, but I will go if anyone good attends.
Date isn't set yet because the game hasn't been decided. Once the game is confirmed, they'll start planning the date that has the most people attending. Also, I forgot to mention that because the prizes will be gift cards, there won't be an entry fee.

MimicMew

Smash Apprentice
James, I was considering calling you up sometime soon.haha

If this place does host melee, I hope to see the legendary unhungry-Box of Dallas there.

Hope to see everyone else there too.

Slacker: How will this work concerning the setups (cubes and tvs)?

MimicMew

Smash Apprentice
世界一のGW!?

Jared, win this entire thing with M2/GW.hehehe~

slacker!

Smash Journeyman
Slacker: How will this work concerning the setups (cubes and tvs)?
I'll have a talk with the manager about setups if Melee wins, and hopefully he'll agree to add more than one setup (I'm not part of his business; I'm just a frequent customer). Keep in mind that they are just doing a test run of either game to see if the turnout is something worth doing more than once, meaning they're not gonna go out and get a bunch of TVs. Right now I have 2 setups I can provide myself, but I don't know if they'll be necessary.

For example, they had a Street Fighter IV tournament after release and the turnout was great (considering how small Carrollton is) so they've started doing more. However, because matches go by really quick in SFIV, all they needed was one setup for things to run smoothly. If turnout is better than expected like it was for SFIV, and the lack of setups conflicted with the schedule, the next tournament they'll provide more.

If Melee wins, he'll set up registration at the place itself and online registration as well. I recommend registering at the venue so that you can get a general idea of where it is, that way you don't get lost the day of the tourney.

After he gets a general estimate of how many people will show up, I'll have a talk with him about the recommended number of setups, rules, no HD TVs, etc. Don't worry about things going horribly wrong, the manager is a gamer himself so it should all run very well.

As for voting: you'll need a facebook account. Then you'll have to comment on the status with "Melee" as your vote.

runningbrave

Smash Journeyman
leapinghare and I are hosting festivities sometime this weekend in Arlington. What is a good day for you? Text me at 214 536 7701

Oracle

Smash Master
wish I could have gone jared, but I had volleyball in houston :(

Next weekend I'm free so it would be super duper awesome if something happened

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
I would like to play Smash tomorrow since I only work until 3:00.

Make it happen! *sweeping gesture*

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
hey doh team with me for rom PLZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Uh who are you?

Also, smashfest this SATURDAY at UTA. It's in between Dallas and Fort Worth so it's really convenient for everyone!

But I probably won't be going as it's Pride, lawl!

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
yeah, where is "runningbrave/leapinghare's place"? Are we talking about the dorms? I would just go to the Center if it's open late enough or maybe we could go to the 2nd floor of Arlington hall, but that's only 1 tv.

Edit: I don't mean the Maverick Activity Center. I mean the UC at the bowling ally. It's a cool spot with 4 TVs, space, and seating. It'll probably close at 5pm on Saturday though. :(

Anyways, I have work 3pm - 8:15pm on Saturday, so I won't make it to this if it unless it starts early.

Top Bottom