• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shuzaku

Smash Apprentice
i think Brazilian steak house is better, all you can eat meat,salad and dessert bar, and the "orgrasmic" cinnamon pineapple

Denti

Smash Master
Hey if I were getting a hotel with more than 2 beds then they'd be paying for it.

Ok just asked my mom, she said No for Slappy and "We'll see" for Echo.

Sorry Slappy.

Also, bad news about the smashfest. My dad is super mad cuz you all made a huge mess last time and ran his electricity bill way up cuz you had the air on 56. That means 10 ppl can come, and if you aren't one of the first 10 people, the venue fee is 5$.

You can start reserving a spot on the list of 10 on smashboards now. Sorry guys, I'm lucky to be having a smashfest at all, my dad got really annoyed. Apparently he had to steam clean the carpet and mop the floor and a whole bunch of stuff.

Available Spots:
1. Denti
2. Bored
sorry that happend man. glad to know i'll be up on the list =D what exact time does it start again? cuz last time i showed up at like 7 or 8 lol

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Sucks about the fest. I left earlier than a lot of people, so I had no idea.

Can I get my name onto the list for this one?
I'll probably show up close to as early as allowed and be leaving by around 10-11ish.

Shuzaku

Smash Apprentice
Buktooth; said:
The House of Goons' House Rulez (YOU EITHER PAY UP, OR YOU LEAVE!):

1. you must enter the ranbat (i.e., pay the two bucks) to get into the house

2. if you really don't want to enter the ranbat, you can pay two bucks directly to me (buktooth). the money will go towards cleaning supplies most likely. if enough people gain entry to the house this way, i'll ensure at least one tv will be reserved for casual matches

3. girls are exempt from paying the two bucks (unless they play!)

4. if i catch you with shoes on the carpet, i'm charging you two bucks on the spot. if you don't have another two bucks on you, you gotta leave. gotta respect the house rules

5. no drinks/food outside the kitchen. two dollar charge if i catch you
i think we should stick to these rules when it comes to hosting. with some minor tweaks. such as those who bring food/setups will be exempt from the 2 dollar fee. instead of a ranbat we can just have a normal tourny. buktooth runs a very successful gathering for fighting games but the final call and decision making are on the hosts.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
we could make brownies for all the Hosts/TOs isntead =P
Hey hey! That's my job! You stay away from my area! I'll joust you! :p

I would have a birthday cake/brownies/cookies for you Brett, but I won't be there cause of family in town. Maybe I can bring you something the next time. Would you like something in particular? :) I can bake pretty much anything.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
Hahahaha yours were good! They had mini candy bars in it!

Hahahahahahaha I forgot Billy creamed himself. Actually, I creamed Billy thanks to the blowing that happened. ;) hahaha, oh man I miss you Shuz... and pretty much everyone else. :p
I can't wait for my birthday this year. It's gonna be great and probably involve sushi, a hotel room, and lots of alcohol. :D

Teh Brettster

Smash Master

I would have a birthday cake/brownies/cookies for you Brett, but I won't be there cause of family in town. Maybe I can bring you something the next time. Would you like something in particular? :) I can bake pretty much anything.
Wowowowowowow.
Um.
You're WAY too nice.
You don't need to do anything, honestly.

But if you REEEAAALLLY wanted to, you could make some brownies with maybe like a Symphony Bar or something baked in the middle. :lick:

E_Ress

Smash Cadet
So basically, I just spent my Thursday night/Friday morning reading this thread, and I have only one thing to say: Dallas is an amazing place! :bee:

Well, two things. I'm currently trying to talk some people from Coppell into attending PBT this Saturday. Hopefully, I can get at least one other person from here to make it out. If I do, I look forward to meeting everyone there and learning from the smash community in Dallas. :)

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
Well here is the updated list:

Available Spots:
1. Denti
2. Bored
3. Damien
4. Brett
5. Enzo
6. Fogo
7. Snap
8. Echo
9. X-Man
10. Forsaken

You don't have to reserve your name on the list, as long as you get here and there is an open spot available. I'm still taking reservations. As people show up I will update the list. Oh and don't show up til like 2:45.

I think next time I'll do that 2$ deal. That sounds like a good idea.

Also, bring tv's and wii's. I suppose I'll let you in after the 10 person limit free of charge if you bring a tv AND a wii, or we need a tv and you bring one, or we need a wii and you bring one. As to whether we'll need just a wii, or just a tv, and at one time, you better be lucky, but just be on the safe side register as one of the first 10...

More rules:

If I find shoes on carpet = 2$
If I find food or drinks outside of kitchen = 2$
At 2:00 A.M. All tvs and light in my room turn off. You can still play in the other room however you must be quiet and considerate.

The 10 person limit has now been reached. If you show up at my door without being on the list then you have to pay 5$. NO EXCEPTIONS. I will turn you away if you don't pay. I have already had 2 people pay.

Jingo_Joe

Smash Apprentice
OMG. Me too. I wont be at the one this weekend, but I should at the next PBT. Since we live so close, we could practice alot. :):)

FloMo lololol
Noo! I wanted to play BlazBlue with you :(. Now I need to figure out if I can bring my 360 or not... but even then I won't have a TV to plug it into. And I really wanted to show you my moves, too!

Hopefully someone doesn't mind us borrowing a TV if I can find a 360 to bring.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps

i want food made by Monica!!!! I don't think i have had anything Monica has made... ever... 0.o i really must be missing out!!!!... and Ruddy no worries i have a friend whose dad lives in OK and she goes there like every other week so she said she would be able to house me and i might be able to get her to drive me to and from.. depends how close it is to the venue... if i go to oh snap at all lol... woot IM COMING HOME TODAY!!!!!!!

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
The Monica taste is one you must enjoy without haste.

Denti

Smash Master
hey i have some questions! for my graduation present i got this really nifty recording device that'll record gameplay without lag, should i start bringing that to smashfest's's's??? and also perhaps i might wana start holding my own smashfest ;D if anyone is interested on driving to Ft Worth for a smashfest leme know what day of the week it'd be good for. (DENTI WOULD COOK FOR YOU! HOTDOGS!) and there would be no need for bringing TVs since im the biggest gamer i know i have 5 in my room and stuff, i could make magic happen ;D we would need Wiis though, especialy since mine is broken lol

theeboredone

Smash Legend
hey i have some questions! for my graduation present i got this really nifty recording device that'll record gameplay without lag, should i start bringing that to smashfest's's's??? and also perhaps i might wana start holding my own smashfest ;D if anyone is interested on driving to Ft Worth for a smashfest leme know what day of the week it'd be good for. (DENTI WOULD COOK FOR YOU! HOTDOGS!) and there would be no need for bringing TVs since im the biggest gamer i know i have 5 in my room and stuff, i could make magic happen ;D we would need Wiis though, especialy since mine is broken lol
I heard that some recording devices might cause some input lag (for the uber players, this means the world), but there are some kinda component cables you can buy to reduce//eliminate it.

Other then that, I would love to come over, it'd be badass.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
we could make brownies for all the Hosts/TOs isntead =P
Someone should bring brownies to my next big tournament :)

first step to azn domination, before you know it cats will be a delicacy.
I though azn's ate dogs :dizzy:

*wishes either monica traveled or I could go to a PBT*

I can try... There are a few that I'm stuck trying on. Like the Wario and Diddy... So I'm up for trying!
Have you made any Peach or Gannon plushies? I would pay for it :colorful: I always go to anime conventions and walk away disappointed because they never have either...

Jingo_Joe

Smash Apprentice
I heard that some recording devices might cause some input lag (for the uber players, this means the world), but there are some kinda component cables you can buy to reduce//eliminate it.

Other then that, I would love to come over, it'd be badass.
Me and Denti are practically neighbors, so if he ever hosts a Smashfest count me in.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
*wishes either monica traveled or I could go to a PBT*
One day Monica will travel! If you go to Oh Snap there will probably be brownies. I doubt Hanson will let me get away without sticking me in the kitchen at least once. :p

Have you made any Peach or Gannon plushies? I would pay for it :colorful: I always go to anime conventions and walk away disappointed because they never have either...
And I'm always happy to try. :) If anything I can make heads! Maybe not full body ones but heads. :p Or a turnip. Haha. But I don't mind attempting.

*_Echo_*

Smash Journeyman
id try to go to this. i need some vids up anyway :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom