• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Detta's Art Thread - Drowning in Pixels

dettadeus

Smash Lord
some more stuff from the last like... 5ish months

Wyra, from a cute comic called Battle Dog

game idea thing
welp, i get a kind of solid idea for a new game every like 8ish months, so it's about that time

idk about names or anything and obviously designs arent final, but the general idea is you play as a little ufo and have to collect stuff for your creator so he can build things and escape a post-apocalyptic world.

meet U.O.F.-002. the acronym stands for Unknown Object Finder. design is super basic right now, somewhat based on the Kirby UFO power. you have several utilities at your disposal - a tractor beam for moving and collecting objects, a laser for damaging potential enemies or breaking through obstacles (current plan is to control laser aiming and firing with the mouse and movement/tractor beam stuff with keyboard), questionably mobile landing gear that allows a low-power option for movement (and is also the only way you can recharge), and solar panels for recharging your battery (important!!!).

since its creator had limited resources, U.O.F.-002 is solar powered with a decent battery; an upgrade will probably be hidden somewhere in the game that makes utilities more efficient. upon a full charge, you also store 5 seconds of reserve power, which hopefully is enough to get to the ground and pop out the solar panels if you run out of battery.
but don't assume you can always charge up, as some levels might require you to go indoors or into caves, where light will be limited. you can charge off any decent light source though.

(HUD preview, will be in top left corner)

every action you perform, even idling, takes up some percent of your battery. it lasts about 5 minutes if you're using your landing gear for grounded movement, a little over a minute and a half hovering, laser usage takes 3% flat, tractor beam takes 10% over a five second interval.

you can also take damage. after taking certain amounts, starting at 50%, you begin to lose functionality.

first you lose your aiming retical, causing you to only fire lasers forward. at 65% you lose your tractor beam, which is a pretty big deal since you kind of need it to complete tasks. at 80 you lose your hovering capabilities, requiring you to traverse the level on your landing gear until you can get repaired (it will also start failing in the air if you take the damage while already hovering, so you might take extra damage during the landing).

aaaaand that's what i've got so far.

Zinnia, from the Delta Episode of Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire, in her regular outfit and Team Magma outfit (haven't made a Team Aqua one)

Stitch

dettadeus

Smash Lord

"Koto! From the center of plane 1. A member of the Inari squad, answering directly to the high priest of the unified organization, the Shrine. I’ve come… to find my guardian!"

Koto, from Kyousougiga.

Process shots. Started by editing the first stage of my Zinnia sprite since they were in fairly similar poses.

Also apparently I never put my Penguindrum stuff here so

Last edited:

dettadeus

Smash Lord

“Fear is freedom! Subjugation is liberation! Contradiction is truth! Those are the facts of this world! And you will all surrender to them, you pigs in human clothing!”
"Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!"

Kiryuin Satsuki, from Kill la Kill.

Process

dettadeus

Smash Lord

“This is a keepsake from my father. And this Scissor Blade was left behind by the person who murdered him. Now, you're going to tell me who this Scissor Blade belongs to, Kiryuin Satsuki!"
Matoi Ryuko, from Kill la Kill. Updated my old sprite from just over a year ago so it fit better with my new stuff.

dettadeus

Smash Lord

"The little bird flies in the blue sky. The ocean reflects the blue of the sky. The blue reflection is the ocean of the sky. The ocean of the sky cries blue tears. And the little bird flies among the blue tears."

Kuroi Mato, from Black★Rock Shooter. Part 1 of 10 of my B★RS project.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
if you credit me (and maybe link to this thread), go for it

also:

"It's read as Takanashi meaning "No hawks", but written like Kotori Asobi, meaning "Little birds playing". Because little birds play when the hawks are away."
Takanashi Yomi, from Black★Rock Shooter. Part 2 of 10 of my B★RS project.

"The real world can be wonderful. Trust me."

Koutari Yuu, from Black★Rock Shooter. Part 3 of 10 of my B★RS project.

Might change the quote later, can’t find a good one right now.

"Go away."

Izuriha Kagari, from Black★Rock Shooter. Part 4 of 10 of my B★RS project.

Last edited:

dettadeus

Smash Lord

"Even if it feels like your heart's been stabbed, it won't bleed or leave a scar behind. There'll be someone who'll help you bear the pain... No matter how much it seems to hurt, it's all just a trick of the mind."

Irino Saya, from Black★Rock Shooter. Part 5 of 10 of my B★RS project, and the last of the main characters.

dettadeus

Smash Lord

"Black Rock Shooter... where did you go? Can you hear my voice?"

Black★Rock Shooter/Kuroi Mato, from Black★Rock Shooter. Part 6 of 10 of my Black★Rock Shooter project.
BRS Frame:

GuiltyBadguy

Smash Cadet
I really like your Zinnia and Kill la Kill sprites. The Kat sprite makes me want to see a PlayStation All-Stars fan-game be made (that's similar to Crusade or SSF2). Very nice work on them! :grin:

dettadeus

Smash Lord
I really like your Zinnia and Kill la Kill sprites. The Kat sprite makes me want to see a PlayStation All-Stars fan-game be made (that's similar to Crusade or SSF2). Very nice work on them! :grin:
maaaaaaaaaan my kat sprite is so old and crappy compared to all my current stuff but it still has the most views on my deviantart lmao

it's been on my revamp list for a while tho, maybe someday

oh while i'm here i might as well drop off this stuff

preview/concept stuff for one of my many game ideas

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
That's some cool sprites. I especially like the Nichijou ones (wich is why I have them in my signature).
Do you take commissions ? I can understand if you don't.
S5QHPBd.gif
Nice work anyway. Keep going with it !

GuiltyBadguy

Smash Cadet
I'm really liking those sprites for your game concept. I'll definitely look forward on seeing Kat revamped.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
more flipnotes

sketchy doodley thing i made while i was bored

managed to get to perfect town status the other day

i got caught up on gravity falls……… felt like attempting a simple animation.
(by caught up, i mean i binged the whole thing in 3 days)

Top Bottom