• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Demos will be provided at certain Japanese gaming stores - RELEASE BUILD

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
Well, I guess there's 2 things I REALLY want to know that may be known here:

if pyrosphere is playable
Check if there's any hazard
else if Paper Mario stage is playable
Check the series icon.

That's really what I want to know. If both aren't playable, then it might be suspicious, but anyway.
Pyrosphere is wiiu only.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Possibly the ones from the Japanese e shop picture? Which I find strange, considering luigi was already confirmed to be unlockable, yet they just show him unlocked on the eshop.
When was this confirmed again? Oh right - it wasn't.

I'm curious now. It's still going to be a demo right? Because otherwise the whole roster will get unlocked on the demo in the first day with the number of matches that'd be getting played.

Nopony knows!

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
So many people (including myself) are probably hyped up and pretty nervous at the same time to see the final build. I'll be enjoying the game regardless, but wow...just another sign that the game is really almost here :)

Looking forward to seeing footage (if allowed) and hearing opinions on the game.
something something let the meta develop something give us a year to find AT

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I doubt that all the characters in the demo will be available right off the bat in the actual game. Mario Kart 8's demo may have had everyone available to use, but you still had to unlock a portion of the characters in the actual game.

On an off-topic note, Hyrule Warriors demo is available at certain retail stores now. That said, back on-topic.

Senario

Smash Ace
I'm honestly interested to see if any gameplay changes have been made.

Probably not.
Agreed. I mean it would be great if things did change. Honestly ninendo has been doing some work. But then there is Sakurai fo it really is up in the air. Ill be checking out what the final build is like this weekend through the power of the internet.

Fuqua

Smash Apprentice
Damn, so this weekend i will find out if i will play this game for a month, or for a looooooooong time. i am ready.

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
I'm honestly interested to see if any gameplay changes have been made.

Probably not.
I disagree, I think there will be noticeable changes. The e3 build is almost a year old, and was very, very buggy.

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
I disagree, I think there will be noticeable changes. The e3 build is almost a year old, and was very, very buggy.
Yeah, with things like Toon Link's Up Special being escapable mid-attack because its hitstun was too low. And of course the time they got a game freeze. And the time Bowser failed to load after his Final Smash and caused a desync.

Yeah, but it was pretty much what the games gonna be. Everyone expecting a complete 180 may be disappointed. Then again there could be a simple change that can solve a lot of problems, so we'll see.

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
Well, obviously. I wasn't talking about bugs though.

@ E Eternal phoenix Fire @ Senario Senario I pretty much agree with these guys. I wish I could have faith for the end result, but I'm not very positive right now. Sakurai talked about how he has slowed down the pace but retained the dynamism. It sounds interesting, but I honestly don't think he is going to succeed in his objectives.

Last edited:

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
Yeah, but it was pretty much what the games gonna be. Everyone expecting a complete 180 may be disappointed. Then again there could be a simple change that can solve a lot of problems, so we'll see.
I'm not expecting it to turn into melee 2.0 in this demo, but it could change a lot. Not necessarily better or worse, but different.

Mechageo

Smash Ace
I just hope we get some decent footage. Maybe I should talk to some of my contacts in Japan.
If a demo really is available in stores it should be easy enough to get decent footage with all of the high end camera phones that people have these days.

gamer8

Smash Lord
Can't wait. I'm assuming videos will be posted in this thread? Looking forward to it, and I wonder if any final smashes really did change from the E3 build like some people thought.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Damn, so this weekend i will find out if i will play this game for a month, or for a looooooooong time. i am ready.
As much as we can learn from this I think that question will only be answered once you actually play the game.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
The game is coming to Japan really soon, but can't touch the demo, I'm so jealous.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I'm optimistic that the final game will be great.

I'm not optimistic that we will see recordings of this demo. Oftentimes, in Japan, recording is prohibited, and you can get in trouble for breaking the rules. Granted, we don't know if recording will be allowed or not, so we'll have to see.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I'm optimistic that the final game will be great.

I'm not optimistic that we will see recordings of this demo. Oftentimes, in Japan, recording is prohibited, and you can get in trouble for breaking the rules. Granted, we don't know if recording will be allowed or not, so we'll have to see.
I just want the stage list.

That will be said here right?

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
I honestly don't expect much in terms of information/news, but I'm always happy to see more impressions - especially if it's of the final build! I feel like it'll be restriced to Smash and Smash Run modes, but if not that would be awesome! We shall see tomorrow I guess...

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
Hey guise, I flew over to Japan for the weekend. It's Saturday here already and wow am I impressed with the demo. They added wavedashing and L cancelling back into the game. There are a ton of girls dressed as zero suit Samus's alternate costume in shorts which is awesome as well.

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
We all know that the instant we see any footage at all Crashboards will strike either because of extreme amounts of excitement from seeing an aerial which may or may not have slightly reduced landing lag, or from people flooding the boards with flame posts calling the game a terrible Brawl clone(or both). Either way, things will get interesting.

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
We all know that the instant we see any footage at all Crashboards will strike either because of extreme amounts of excitement from seeing an aerial which may or may not have slightly reduced landing lag, or from people flooding the boards with flame posts calling the game a terrible Brawl clone(or both). Either way, things will get interesting.
I'd love to see the reaction if old melee airdodging was back, of course I wouldn't be able to see it until smashboards comes back up. I just hope the game isn't defensive. All I want. Please.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
I'd love to see the reaction if old melee airdodging was back, of course I wouldn't be able to see it until smashboards comes back up. I just hope the game isn't defensive. All I want. Please.
Plot twist: Air dodges are now selectable via custom moves and you can use whichever you want. Now THAT would be interesting.

D

Deleted member 245254

I will be at the event, 2 hours early no less.

Photography and video recording has actually been strictly prohibited, so it's unlikely I (or many others...) will have footage to show for the build.

I will do my best to share with my words.

Memor3x

Smash Cadet
NNID
Memor3x
3DS FC
5086-3209-8758

Photography and video recording has actually been strictly prohibited, so it's unlikely I (or many others...) will have footage to show for the build.

They said the same thing about the Smash Fest at Best-Buys over here in the US and that didn't stop anyone. Lets hope :D

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43

Be sure to use plenty of hyperbole, ridiculous speculation, and inaccurate comparisons to previous Smash games. These boards are no place for logical and unbiased analysis, so please provide as much flame bait as possible. Also be sure to create a definitive tier list from your handful of matches that is sure to be 100% accurate and will reveal which character will be the next Meta Knight.

Scourge The Hedgehog

Evil Sonikku
NNID
JayJayPlushie
3DS FC
2535-4437-8099
I'm just curious to see who is the top picked character and who is the least played over there in Japan. Least from the demo.

G-K

Smash Cadet
Hey guise, I flew over to Japan for the weekend. It's Saturday here already and wow am I impressed with the demo. They added wavedashing and L cancelling back into the game. There are a ton of girls dressed as zero suit Samus's alternate costume in shorts which is awesome as well.
Then, color me impressed, 'cause you're posting from the future... 'cause you know... it's barely 4am on Japan, and the demo stands are available from 11 onwards. :crazy:

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I'm not going to be rude here, but if you're going there, pics of you being there to put trust in what you say is appreciated.

Top Bottom