• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Demon Lord Ghirahim's Fabulous Horde of Stunning Features! CONFIRMED ASSIST TROPHY APPEARANCE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hong

The Strongest
Well, of course the minds of the developer do not always line up with your own. It's not unreasonable to think that perhaps they don't value Ghirahim as a playable character as we do.

But the fact someone awful like Fi would be playable before Ghirahim gets under my skin more than it should. It's enough that I have to see that character again, but like this? Am I wrong about my idea of the attitude fans have towards Fi? I thought everyone hated her... :/

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I actually loved Fi and I got really excited to see her playable after yesterday when they said that there was a "98% of a character announcement tomorrow".

But deconfirming Ghirahim?
At the very least, I get to see what he looks like in HD...*sigh*

If someone could show me an example of a boss in Dynasty Warriors that becomes playable, that'd be great. I'm still convinced my support was for nothing.

bobadz

Smash Ace
You guys do know it's possable for ghirahim to still be playable right?

Just because characters are under enemy doesn't mean their not playable.

And besides one of the alternate costumes in the Japanese collectors edition is named "power costume" so Ganondorf is playable.

And why would they show a character's DLC costume before said character is officially announced.?

And in most dynasty warriors games. Major Npc's are usually playable. Especially if thy appear on the battlefield.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Okay, I'm feeling a little better now.

I am actually pretty sure he's playable in the game now. Why?
Zant was revealed as a boss along with a non-humanoid boss, Argorok.

Zant has a unique weapon (phantom swords) and his own character art, but Argorok does not.

Now, Ghirahim was announced as a boss along with the Imprisoned, a non-humanoid boss.

So perhaps the character art indicates they're playable?

FyrianFate

Smash Apprentice
I love Fi so I'm really happy, especially since they seem to poke fun at her over use of statistics ("there is a 98% chance a new character will be revealed tomorow").
However, this doesn't mean Ghirahim won't be playable, just not immediately in the story. If Ghirahim won't be playable, I'll be disapointed, but at the same time, he couldn't get a better treatment than Zant just for the lols.
I completely believe Zant, Ghirahim and even Cia will all be playable after a certain point in the story, and I think Ganondorf will be the Final Boss, he cant not be in the game if Agitha is in it.

bobadz

Smash Ace
Okay, I'm feeling a little better now.

I am actually pretty sure he's playable in the game now. Why?
Zant was revealed as a boss along with a non-humanoid boss, Argorok.

Zant has a unique weapon (phantom swords) and his own character art, but Argorok does not.

Now, Ghirahim was announced as a boss along with the Imprisoned, a non-humanoid boss.

So perhaps the character art indicates they're playable?

Perhaps.

As you said no one else uses Zant's weapon.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Why I now am confident Ghirahim is playable in Hyrule Warriors:

- Dynasty Warriors games have very many characters...including playable villains

- HW's e3 trailer teased Ganondorf. I doubt they would tease him like that without making him playable. Also, Ganondorf is one of the most iconic and popular Zelda characters, this is a non-canon fanservice game, of course he'll be playable.

- With at least one playable villain practically confirmed logically, that means such a thing is not out of the question

- All of the humanoid villains, like the heroes, have their own artwork, and, in the case of Zant and Ghirahim, are unveiled along with a monster boss enemy.

edit: Apparently, Argorok did get artwork...but that doesn't change my opinion.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Personally I'm just glad that Ghirahm returned for Hyrules Warriors at all. I'd love it if he is playable (which I'm confident that he is) but I wouldn't be too upset he if isn't.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Personally I'm just glad that Ghirahm returned for Hyrules Warriors at all. I'd love it if he is playable (which I'm confident that he is) but I wouldn't be too upset he if isn't.
Well, I'm not you.

I've built up quite an amount of Debbie hype for this game.
If he's not playable at all, do you have idea how I would feel inside? (You know the rest.)

I'm actually more excited for Hyrule Warriors than Smash. And by no small amount either, honestly. It better not be for nothing.

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
Hey! As you can probably tell, I'm a Zelda fan. So I have no idea as to why it's taken me this long to come on over to this thread. I love Ghirahim and his fabulousness. He's probably my most wanted character for Smash. So call me a supporter of the demon.

It fills my heart with rainbows that he got into Hyrule Warriors! The game just got 100% more fabulous.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
If he is not playable in this HW, he will be in the sequel. The dynasty warriors spin off games tend to do that, making the non playable enemy generals playable in another iteration, because he will definitely have a full moveset. Only the giant bosses wont be playable at any point.

Its good to see ghirahim make a return though, he along with impa were my biggest hopes for a new zelda character in smash bros. One things for sure, that one shot argument no longer applies to him and quite a few other zelda characters now. There was never much stock in that claim against him anyway as far as im concerned, long live the demon lord!

---
Its a strange feeling that im more pleased with all the zelda fanfare in HW then anything zelda related weve seen in smash bros wiiu. I love DW games anyway, so it makes sense i suppose.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Can't you choose a side in Dynasty Warriors games? Play through as either villains or heroes? Well at the very least, I'd expect characters likeGhirahim, Zant, and Cia to be unlocked after you defeat the final boss. Or just after you defeat each one. I wouldn't expect Argorok, the imprisoned, etc to be playable ever though.

Oh, but I came here because I noticed something. Every character left in the Gematsu leak is a one-time character. Think about it. Yep. I find that interesting. And I also doubt any will come back fully. I mean, Chrom will eventually be in the smt FE crossover, and Shulk being in the new Xenoblade... Isn't a complete no yet? Or is it? I don't know. And I who knows when the next rhythm heaven game will be if there even is one... There's no guessing what characters could appear in that.
And soon enough, Ghirahim will have been in 2 games.
I'm not sure, but that argument might just be done.

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
It's in the latest Famitsu article.

Indeed, Fi is a playable character, along with the announcement of Skyward Sword outfits for both Zelda and Link.
Well, the designers of SS originally planned for Fi to have attacks so...

andimidna

Smash Master
Oh, I forgot to point out that there's already confirmation of a character turning from an enemy into a playable character- Midna.
It was just revealed in the opposite order as it will be for Ghirahim and the others ;)

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Hold on a second. I found this on Zeldapedia:
Enemy characters that function in similar ways to player characters, having a presence on the battlefield. As of yet, it is unknown if they will also be playable.
Now barring oditities like the imprisioned, the total count of heroes + enemies equals 13. Isn't that the speculated number of playable characters? Perhaps this means that EVERY villain will be playable? I mean, I can understand if they anted to regulate Ghirahim to a boss (though I certainly wouldn't agree with it) but I can't imagine not making Ganondwarf playable. It would be like Mario Kart without Bowser.

domokl

Smash Lord
[screams internally]

edit: So, according to the official website, there's one hero left, and one villain left.
If that's true, them the villain is obviously Ganondorf.

But what about the hero?
I doubt there's only one hero and one villian left. We know ganondorf is in he game so that's one villian bu what about skull kid? Twinrova? In what is bascially the ultimate zelda fanservice game I doubt they would leave them out. There are so many heroic characters left that I don't need to explain why there is more than one hero left.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
[screams internally]

edit: So, according to the official website, there's one hero left, and one villain left.
If that's true, them the villain is obviously Ganondorf.

But what about the hero?
That makes little sense. I really hope that there's more than that. If Agitha of all people makes it in before Skull Kid, well then...

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
IMO, the villains will be unlockable ala Dissidia. Not having playable Ghirahim would be a tragedy for all, but no playable Ganondorf would make me FURIOS! OUTRAGED! SICK WITH ANGER!

(overused joke is overused)
(also I support)

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
That makes little sense. I really hope that there's more than that. If Agitha of all people makes it in before Skull Kid, well then...
Actually, I already realize this is false.

All bosses (NPC enemies don't count as bosses) have artwork and profiles. However, there's already more enemy characters than the icons are letting on.

Ganondorf is guaranteed to be in the game as an enemy, and King Dodongo, a boss, has already been revealed.
So, that's one more villain slot than we have seen.

I imagine the same will be for the hero characters, so we may have more than nine after all.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Good glob does he look amazing in Warriros.

Ghirahim's theme started playing in my head as soon as I saw those pictures. I really hope his battle and appearance themes are used again.

Last edited:

SirPainsalot

Smash Apprentice
Sooooo....
What does Robin mean for Ghirahim, as he's a projectile/magic based swordsman like we thought Ghirahim was gonna be?
Not to be pessimistic and all. I still think he has a chance, especially since Gematsu is dead!
And looking at it another way, Ghirahim has stuff like teleports and his own unique ideas for movesets, but I'd still like to hear some other reactions.

Last edited:

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
I was dreaming Ghirahim was going to be revealed last night, and I was scrolling though his own profile on the website.

Dreams are cruel :(

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I'm pretty sure that Ghirahim would be playable in Hyrule Warriors. The game is being marketed as a way to play as your favorite Zelda characters (and many, many of them), including the ones that have amazing unique abilities you have always wanted to control. This is brought up with explicit terminology at every point of social and media interaction. Villains are a huge investment in series, especially in something like Zelda where they often have the best personalities and are the ones we truly never get to have as much insight into.

The likes of Skull Kid, Vaati, Zant, Majora, and many more are almost guaranteed to me.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
This Hyrule Warriors is looking more and more unappealing to me, the only character at this point I'd like is Hilda, but then again just give me a Hilda costume for Zelda in this Super Smash Bros cause I might not buy Hyrule Warriors.

Now this brings me to my main reason of being here, I been off and on support for Ghirahim, but you know what I'm thinking want to take the plunge to full time support, there is good potential for this character.

The thing is how could he possibly replace Ganon, it seems unlikely, maybe impossible, but if he did, first off I think he'd look fabulous in Ganondorf costume.

As a guy who mains Ganondorf, that would be good enough for me, I would actually main Ghirahim instead.

Ghirahim has good potential for a Moveset, he would be a Captain Falcon clone and hisfinal smash could be Monster Ganon with the sword, I know Demise is actually who gets the sword, but I think Ganon needs to be used no matter what, he's Ganon.

Maxilian

Smash Ace
Actually, I already realize this is false.

All bosses (NPC enemies don't count as bosses) have artwork and profiles. However, there's already more enemy characters than the icons are letting on.

Ganondorf is guaranteed to be in the game as an enemy, and King Dodongo, a boss, has already been revealed.
So, that's one more villain slot than we have seen.

I imagine the same will be for the hero characters, so we may have more than nine after all.
Actually, before Fi, Lana and Agitha were revealed there were only 2 slots for playable characters, and 1 slot for enemies (before Zant was shown) so.... in other words, that doesn't affect at all, the slots are being added to the page as the character are shown

I'm pretty sure that Ghirahim would be playable in Hyrule Warriors. The game is being marketed as a way to play as your favorite Zelda characters (and many, many of them), including the ones that have amazing unique abilities you have always wanted to control. This is brought up with explicit terminology at every point of social and media interaction. Villains are a huge investment in series, especially in something like Zelda where they often have the best personalities and are the ones we truly never get to have as much insight into.

The likes of Skull Kid, Vaati, Zant, Majora, and many more are almost guaranteed to me.
I'm pretty sure the Skull Kid (most likely with the Majora's mask on and his transformations as his ultimate -like Midna-) is a shoe-in, having in mind that Majora's mask moon and Great Fairy is already in the game

Last edited:

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix
Not gonna lie, the Lucina/Robin announcement vastly increases my hopes of Ghirahim getting in. If FE gets 2 brand new characters it is surely possible LoZ can get 1, especially since they are going full-on SS. Plus, it appears they are definitely are not sword-shy when adding characters to the roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom