• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Defend the Title - Little Mac Main Social Thread

PHYTO-1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHYTO-1
in an effort to find some followups to mac's throws, i found out you can do a down throw under a platform and if they miss the tech you can dair lock them. if its on say battlefield and they slide off after the dair lock you can dair lock them again.

you can also just perform this same tactic with utilt (~20%), or dtilt (~60%). excellent application for rising smash (custom up b #3)

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
I figured that since this is the Little Mac social thread, I would drop by and say hi. I'm going to try my best to spruce this place up.

BZero

Smash Journeyman
NNID
brand23
Always loved playing as Mac. Ever since that trailer dropped, confirming him, I knew he'd be one of my mains. Such a fun character :)

PHYTO-1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHYTO-1
anyone wanna compete for high score in stadium modes? like target blast, multi man? etc

but only using little mac of course

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
anyone wanna compete for high score in stadium modes? like target blast, multi man? etc

but only using little mac of course
I would!

Here's what I got:

Multi Man:
10 man: 00.14.06
100 man: 02.41.63
3 minute: 134
Rival: 73
Endless: 278
Cruel: 5

Target Blast: 192310
HRC: 2796.5 ft.

PHYTO-1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHYTO-1
I would!

Here's what I got:

Multi Man:
10 man: 00.14.06
100 man: 02.41.63
3 minute: 134
Rival: 73
Endless: 278
Cruel: 5

Target Blast: 192310
HRC: 2796.5 ft.
10 man - 11.70s

cruel - 4 :(

i personally feel that 100 man, 3minute, and rival are all pretty much the same

for target blast what lvl is that?

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
10 man - 11.70s

cruel - 4 :(

i personally feel that 100 man, 3minute, and rival are all pretty much the same

for target blast what lvl is that?
I don't understand what you mean by lvl. I thought Target Blast was just about scoring points?
Also, would you like me to add All-Star and Classic Mode final scores to that as well? Maybe even Trophy Rush? :D (Oh wait, I forgot I'm on 3DS, so there are probably a few modes that we don't share).

On a side note. Holy hell, those combo videos! I was starting to lose a bit of hope (not that that would stop me from maining Mac, that's not happening ever), but these two babies just made me want to get better and better!

Last edited:

PHYTO-1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHYTO-1
I don't understand what you mean by lvl. I thought Target Blast was just about scoring points?
Also, would you like me to add All-Star and Classic Mode final scores to that as well? Maybe even Trophy Rush? :D (Oh wait, I forgot I'm on 3DS, so there are probably a few modes that we don't share).

On a side note. Holy hell, those combo videos! I was starting to lose a bit of hope (not that that would stop me from maining Mac, that's not happening ever), but these two babies just made me want to get better and better!
on the wii u there are three different levels of target blast. as for all star / classic i feel like its too RNG dependent and easily exploitable to get a high score (just keep pummeling the CPUs and get their dmg as high as possible)

Dr.Megaman

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dr.MM20XX
3DS FC
1392-5817-5075
King Hippo for Smash 5? A heavy semi clone of Mac?
Think about it.
Down B- Counter
Side B-Doc's Bike
Neutral B - Him throwing fruit
Up B- Rising uppercut
Tilts/aerials could be the same as Mac.

Tilts are the same as Mac, and he is slower but stronger than him. King Hippo has a recovery thats worst than Macs.
What do you guys think?

CHOVI

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHOVI3
3DS FC
3566-1571-6130
Think about it.
Down B- Counter
Side B-Doc's Bike
Up B- Rising uppercut

Tilts are the same as Mac, and he is slower but stronger than him. King Hippo has a recovery thats worst than Macs.
What do you guys think?
I think a recovery worse than mac's would be a bad idea

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
So the other day, my cousin and I were playing For Glory doubles and this happened in one the matches we had:
Mac lands a KO Punch on Peach, I run in and dash attack and then...she just sits there and the match goes on...Does anyone have any idea what happened?

CHOVI

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHOVI3
3DS FC
3566-1571-6130
His Side B could be a recovery move.Like Wario's bike. I find it awesome that you main Mac and Jigglypuff. The character with the best ground game and the character with the best aerials :).
Thanks :D Also, I'd be fine with it if his side B was better :p

Last edited:

LCC Son-in-Law

Dork-in-Law
NNID
I'll add you
3DS FC
0989-1853-2327
So the other day, my cousin and I were playing For Glory doubles and this happened in one the matches we had:
Mac lands a KO Punch on Peach, I run in and dash attack and then...she just sits there and the match goes on...Does anyone have any idea what happened?
That's really weird 0.o What confuses me is the fact that she took no damage from the KO punch.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Just felt like dropping by here to say I would secondary Mac...if I wasn't awful with him lol. Why am I so interested in him you ask? 1. I like boxing in real life. 2. Hajime no ippo. That anime has been so addicting. Little Mac has such similarities to Ippo, both are sheer in determination, close in fighters, pack a powerful punch...and have black hair naturally.

PHYTO-1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHYTO-1
it looks like she powershielded the laser at the exact same time and that somehow made her hitbox intangible?

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
So I just found out Little Mac can jab Villager's side+B, and the matchup suddenly became a whole lot easier for me. :3
Flowchart Villlagers are now much less of a problem now. :D

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
So I just found out Little Mac can jab Villager's side+B, and the matchup suddenly became a whole lot easier for me. :3
Flowchart Villlagers are now much less of a problem now. :D
Villager is one of the more annoying MUs for me when I'm using Little Mac. Speaking of him, I'm going to be maining him pretty seriously very soon. Pretty much after the next local.

Awakining

Smash Apprentice
Hello, everyone. I just thought I'd drop in and say hey :D.

A little about me in relation to this character -- I'd decided to play Little Mac since he was officially revealed, I never bought in to the "for glory op" complaints/whining, and I love playing this character competitively and casually alike. At this point I've run out of things off the top of my head to say, haha, so I'll just leave it at this.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion

A little about me in relation to this character -- I'd decided to play Little Mac since he was officially revealed, I never bought in to the "for glory op" complaints/whining, and I love playing this character competitively and casually alike. At this point I've run out of things off the top of my head to say, haha, so I'll just leave it at this.
Welcome !
I'm just starting out Little Mac as a main soon.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238

Welcome!
I never bought into that either, seeing as how lag would cause me to SD by accidentally walking off the stage. His recovery is just that bad. :p BUT, he is an extremely fun character to play. And a lot of people feel the same way, it looks like. :)

Villager is one of the more annoying MUs for me when I'm using Little Mac. Speaking of him, I'm going to be maining him pretty seriously very soon. Pretty much after the next local.
Yeah, it is annoying, especially when they spam the edge over and over, but that's usually when they feel backed into that corner. I'm about to leave them alone and get them into Sudden Death to see what happens. :p

My most annoying matches are against Captain Falcon. I can't quite figure out what to do when I want to return to the ground. They'll always go for the shield+grab, since there's not a lot Mac can do against it. I'll try risk landing with Nair into Jab.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Is :rosalina::4zss:&:4yoshi: Little Mac's worst MU or is there another one?

PHYTO-1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHYTO-1
Is :rosalina::4zss:&:4yoshi: Little Mac's worst MU or is there another one?
yes rosa is a pain since mac has to be close up and can easily get zoned out by border patrol aka luma

ZSS and Yoshi aren't as bad imo. i would rather fight them over rosa

gamegod7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
gamegod7
3DS FC
1607-2735-0153
[
yes rosa is a pain since mac has to be close up and can easily get zoned out by border patrol aka luma

really? I don't have nearly as much trouble with any of those MUs as I do with grabs that kill or launch you farther than most grabs like Sonic, Ness, and now Mewtwo. Although his backthrow isn't as good, his upthrow is pretty much about the same as it was in melee.

Awakining

Smash Apprentice
Think about it.
Down B- Counter
Side B-Doc's Bike
Up B- Rising uppercut

What do you guys think?
I don't mean to de-rail your moderately well thought out idea (I don't mean offense by that, but that doesn't seem to be a quite full movepool) or be the guy who just brings up his owns suggestions, given that I can see King Hippo being semi-feasible in smash, but, personally, I would rather see Doc Louis as a playable character, myself :p. Although highly unlikely, given his current relationship to Mac (the taunts and win screen cameos, to be specific), he could have a pretty good movepool IMO that utilizes the Star Punch and maybe even the Bicycle. Maybe it's just me, though, haha.

CHOVI

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHOVI3
3DS FC
3566-1571-6130
I don't mean to de-rail your moderately well thought out idea (I don't mean offense by that, but that doesn't seem to be a quite full movepool) or be the guy who just brings up his owns suggestions, given that I can see King Hippo being semi-feasible in smash, but, personally, I would rather see Doc Louis as a playable character, myself :p. Although highly unlikely, given his current relationship to Mac (the taunts and win screen cameos, to be specific), he could have a pretty good movepool IMO that utilizes the Star Punch and maybe even the Bicycle. Maybe it's just me, though, haha.
SICK IDEA

Luma can easily be taken out though... seriously, if they get slightly separated, she's easy to gimp
Why is that? His side B is pretty useless in the MU and he's sort of slow for us

PHYTO-1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHYTO-1
[

really? I don't have nearly as much trouble with any of those MUs as I do with grabs that kill or launch you farther than most grabs like Sonic, Ness, and now Mewtwo. Although his backthrow isn't as good, his upthrow is pretty much about the same as it was in melee.
conversely i have no problems with those chars you mentioned. its just rosa i dont like. and also sheik.

those are the two i dread.

BZero

Smash Journeyman
NNID
brand23
So I just discovered a little mac combo. Not too sure if its GUARANTEED but it works most of the time:
Jab:GCA:Jab:GCA: into up-b :GCU::GCB:. Not a massively spectacular combo, but it works and it's useful. :)

Little Nemo

The Dream Master
NNID
LockableFaceman
Are all Little Mac mains fans of Hajime no Ippo? I found a guy on For Glory with the tag IPPO. Are any of you him? I chose the same color as you on accident lol. I used a MAKUNOCHI tag (spelling error) and DEMPSEY. Your Mii was called Alex. You are cool.
But as I was saying. We all seem to like Hajime no Ippo. Like Gimpyfish62.

Top Bottom