• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Death Note Mafia - Game Thread - Ovah

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Current Lynch List:
Aoi Inu > Gorf >>> TheTemplar / DJCrinkleCut > Kyryk

I understand the sentiments behind @ KyryK KyryK scum, but it was RVS and it seems a lil too heavyhanded to strongscumread off that ****. But I would be down to lynch him as well since he hasn't come back into the thread and done anything to prove his townieness.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
and can you stop ****tly summing up my push on garg mac? you havnt read, its clear you havnt read, and its annoying i even took the time to wall it to explain it to you and you still are just saying its on gut.

its also pretty obvious i still see gorf and garg as SvS. I would take either lynch over ruy in an instant

KyryK

Smash Cadet
**** my ISP, i haven't been able to get online for the last 24 hours because BT decided that i hadn't payed them when i had, anyway that ****'s irrelevant. Skimmed through the last 10 pages to catch up, gonna have to read through them properly because i wasn't taking everything in. Ronike, why 14? Well seeing as we all know we have out of thread communication now there's no harm in saying i was trying to let the people in my group know i was in it without making it too obvious. That was pretty much the entire point of my OP and as i already said thought i might as well type it up in a way to try and get reactions from everyone as well, the RVS was entirely immaterial and if anyone is going to push me for that from this point i'm going to assume they're either stupid and/or scum. Rojam or whoever it was that asked me how much experience i have, i've been playing mafia for just over a year on OMGUS. Been in about 20-30 games i think. Townie points to Kuz for his push on Garg for the certainty his read at the time, i don't think scum would put themselves out there so much and push someone so hard on (possibly, gonna have to re read but that was the impression i got) so little knowing they'd flip town. Scumreads? None so far, Slam seems more coherent so far which is almost always a bad sign. Really need to go back and analyze **** though. Not gonna lie, didn't really do that when i was catching up. Is there a way to filter someone's posts here so you can read everything they've posted itt sequentially without having to read everything else?

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
and whats bothering me about your defense on garg was that you did quite a bit to defend him, then said "oh wait now I'm going to back off and stop defending him" and then initially said you weren't even sure of his alignment. only just recently you said he leans town. very recently.

for a previous null read, you're doing an awful lot of defending in place of he directly defending himself from me. garg has now taken to attacking others and ignoring the fact that he still cant answer my question, all upon the basis of you shielding him from scrutiny. regardless of your alignment, thats just ****ty play

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
and to be clear mac i think you're town but man dude you gotta take a step back once in awhile and see intention not surface content.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
KUZ ARE YOU IN A ****IN ROOM

and can you stop ****tly summing up my push on garg mac? you havnt read, its clear you havnt read, and its annoying i even took the time to wall it to explain it to you and you still are just saying its on gut.

its also pretty obvious i still see gorf and garg as SvS. I would take either lynch over ruy in an instant
I was summing up your INITIAL push, which is what Ruy was describing in his post. was i wrong in this?

I understand your other reasons for gargscum: gargs ****ty reaction to your push (which im gonna reread to see if i agree with) and about not believing that gargs really knows why he feels bats is obvtownie (which I already disagreed with).

None of these reasons are what Ruy described was his reasoning for having gargscum, his reasoning was your INITIAL reason being that gargs push seemed too confident and was a huge jump.

can you tell me which part of this analysis i'm wrong on?

ruys the biggest scum read now cuz his actions don't add up to me. The reason he gave himself for gargscum is contradicted by **** he said later (that he understands the gorf push now). yet he still has gargs as his top scum read. Also dont understand how he can see gargs push on gorf as a huge jump but not consider gorfs push on bats a huge jump.

I'm pretty equally down to **** over Gorf tho, don't get me wrong

Ronike

Smash Ace
@#HBC | Gorf : I do sympathize with your finals and such, but before V/LAing, I need solid stances from you, or Im going to be very tempted to lynch you. Give me a ratio of scum to town on as many people as you can in the thread, with reasons why as well
(i.e Mac :30:70, pushes make sense, playing to town meta, off site comms, or Aoi Inu 60:40, Blames others of playing to the crowd, when admits to sheeping himself, weird nigh instant flip from TRG to Garg, would be two of mine)

@ ranmaru ranmaru Where you been bro? Post, like, at ALL please. Top 3 scum, and specifically why? Top town read/s and why specifically?

@TheTemplar Why you no post at all >:[ Out of the TL/OMGUS crowd (which I believe you were a part of), who is scum so far and why? If none are scum, why not? Who is scum then? Also, in addition to this, please let us know your reads in general.

Reasking to properly catch names. ;)

At this point, I really gotta focus on my paper, so Ima try to make myself somewhat scarce. But before I do so...
Garg said:
And are you really pressing me to take a strong stance when you're voting someone solely on inactivity? Also, why would you ask peope about me vs. Gorf and not vote either of us? Do you not think there is scum between us?
I gave my strongest reads atm at the bottom of my post. Out of everyone, I think Gorf is most likely to be scum at this point, but I totally understand finals johns, as I have them myself currently, so I want to give him a chance to explain himself and such. If he does not do so, or does so poorly, I'll move my vote accordingly.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
and whats bothering me about your defense on garg was that you did quite a bit to defend him, then said "oh wait now I'm going to back off and stop defending him" and then initially said you weren't even sure of his alignment. only just recently you said he leans town. very recently.

for a previous null read, you're doing an awful lot of defending in place of he directly defending himself from me. garg has now taken to attacking others and ignoring the fact that he still cant answer my question, all upon the basis of you shielding him from scrutiny. regardless of your alignment, thats just ****ty play
like i said, i was more hating on the wagon itself and how ppl were hopping on it without having strong / concrete reasons. Such as ronike and Ruy. Ronike himself said his reason for gargscum was that gargs didn't answer the Q which isnt a strong reason imo, and I explained why Ruys hop on the wagon bothered me. the way the wagon happened made 0 sense to me and i was pushing back against that

yea i was defending gargs a lot for someone who was a null-but-im-worried-about guy in my mind, which is why I was saying I wanted to back off on defending so much cuz its not like even thought he was town. but im sorry the wagon was so bad it was hard to not get worked up over that ****

seems like gargs was defending himself pretty hardbody b4 i came along and continued after, so I don't think i'm letting him hide. and dude eventually did answer your question right?

anyways, the only reason im still on the topic is cuz i think AOI is scum because of how he acted on the wagon (and cuz ppl were asking me questions about my call-out on the ****ty wagon)

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
@ KyryK KyryK do you have access to outside-thread communications. thread has decided everyone's claiming this

Ronike

Smash Ace
****, I really need to write my paper... Need to stop checking this... STOP BEING SO DISTRACTING GUYS! ;)

like i said, i was more hating on the wagon itself and how ppl were hopping on it without having strong / concrete reasons. Such as ronike and Ruy. Ronike himself said his reason for gargscum was that gargs didn't answer the Q which isnt a strong reason imo, and I explained why Ruys hop on the wagon bothered me. the way the wagon happened made 0 sense to me and i was pushing back against that
To be fair, my reason for the vote was him being difficult and not answering the question, and being very uncooperative about it in general. I later posted the reasons that got me to vote for him, and that I didn't think they were strong enough reasons to go for a lynch, unless he was going to be uncooperative.

Initial Vote: #230

Posts where I Elaborate on Voting Garg: #243 #285

Ronike

Smash Ace
Dammit, forgot to add emphasis :bee:

To be fair, my reason for the VOTE was him being difficult and not answering the question, and being very uncooperative about it in general. I later posted the reasons that got me to vote for him, and reasons I thought he was somewhat scummy, and that I didn't think they were strong enough reasons to go for a lynch, unless he was going to be uncooperative.

KyryK

Smash Cadet
Could the people that are reading Gorf as scum go into more detail as to why because i don't see any scumminess in what he's posted so far.

Gorf, need some actual reads from you man. Also, did you seriously claim miller?
@ KyryK KyryK do you have access to outside-thread communications. thread has decided everyone's claiming this
Yes, i thought my last post made that clear. I've disclosed the numbers too.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
ok reading comprehension fail -- i have huge block of text johns

fwiw you're off my lynch list

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
YAY! QUESTION TIME :bee: Questions for literally everyone! Please answer, if I asked you something, its cause I want to know, not because I want you to be coy.

@red Ryu: Yeah, in looking back on your posts, you do definetely seem to be really just going with the flow right now, rather than making too many independent thoughts. Top 3 scum, and specifically why? Top town read/s and why specifically?

@ adumbrodeus adumbrodeus Hi. I'd like you to post more, I value your input, but I can also see that its only been literally two days since the game has started, and the posts you've given us have had some pretty strong stances in them. I'd like to hear you elaborate on scumtells KyryK and especially Gorf, if not any new leads you got. I'd also love to hear any more thoughts you might have about the setup.

@ Rajam Rajam Please read the whole thread and not just the first page... In depth reason for going after TRG, your own words please, go! If you don't want to go after him anymore, why not?

@Gorf: I do sympathize with your finals and such, but before V/LAing, I need solid stances from you, or Im going to be very tempted to lynch you. Give me a ratio of scum to town on as many people as you can in the thread, with reasons why as well
(i.e Mac :30:70, pushes make sense, playing to town meta, off site comms, or Aoi Inu 60:40, Blames others of playing to the crowd, when admits to sheeping himself, weird nigh instant flip from TRG to Garg, would be two of mine)

@ KyryK KyryK Where'd you go? Come back please. Out of the TL/OMGUS crowd (which I believe you were a part of), who is scum so far and why? If none are scum, why not? Who is scum then? Also, why 14?

@DJCrinkleCut Yo, where you at? Also, who are you, what's you mafia game stats look like? Top 3 scum, and specifically why? Top town read/s and why specifically?

@ th3kuzinator th3kuzinator Who you feeling in Garg v Gorf now? Also, anyone else in your radar?

@Mac You've been well engaged all game, so Ima just ask for current scum reads, and why if you feel like sharing.

@ The Real Gamer The Real Gamer First off, I'd just like to thank you for your post #342. As I was reading people talking about that, I was just like "No, no, no! Gives mafia too much info about who's in what room!" And then you came out and said exactly that! Yay!

Your question though...

Give me a ratio of scum to town on your three strongest reads, with reasons why as well

Also, any input you'd like to share about the setup? You seem to have thought about it some.

@Holder of the Heel Y U L first, N NoW LiGHT?!

In all seriousness, I rather like you so far. You definetely are putting a lot of thought into the setup, which is good to see. That being said, don't meta the game too much. Meta knowledge seems like it might get somewhere with this game, but generally speaking most games here are designed to not break, just because you know who is a particular character. Little different this game with the death note rules, but still something to be a bit wary of I think.

That being said, your question: Out of the TL/OMGUS crowd (which I believe you were a part of), who is scum so far and why? If none are scum, why not? Who is scum then?

@Ranmaru Where you been bro? Post, like, at ALL please. Top 3 scum, and specifically why? Top town read/s and why specifically?

@ Alakaslam Alakaslam What the blast is your deal? Why are you so crazy. Out of the TL/OMGUS crowd (which I believe you were a part of), who is scum so far and why? If none are scum, why not? Who is scum then?

@the Templar Why you no post at all >:[ Out of the TL/OMGUS crowd (which I believe you were a part of), who is scum so far and why? If none are scum, why not? Who is scum then? Also, in addition to this, please let us know your reads in general.

@Damdred: Why you no post much? Why those post not have reads? Out of the TL/OMGUS crowd (which I believe you were a part of), who is scum so far and why? If none are scum, why not? Who is scum then?

@ batsnacks batsnacks : Why are you so crazy... What are your thoughts about the claims now that we're this far along with things? I think I can kind of glean your opinion, but I want you to come out and directly say it please.

Also, simple yes or no: Do you have access to outside communications? Anything you post besides yes or no will be taken as no, unless you very specifically explain why you are not answering, and that explanation is something I and at least one of my town reads deems valid.

Also, though I feel I may end up regretting this, as obvtown, I'd be remiss if I didn't ask you top 3 scum reads and top town read and why. (oh man am I gonna regret that one...)

@ Gargaglione Gargaglione Apologies for the hard push, please answer questions in the future. Being cooperative is definetely pro-town in my book. Still keeping my eye on you, but feeling better.

Besides Gorf, who's scum, and why? Not gonna make you go into huge detail when you are making a case on Gorf, but do want you to take another strong stance.

@Anyone: There used to be ways to see exactly how many posts every user had made in a thread, and then just see those posts by users. Is that gone now, or is there a way I can do that again, cuz that woulda made this **** way easier to do

I think I got everyone with that. Sorry for lots of repeats, but yeah, mainly I want to get strong stances out of people, and see what TL crew thinks of the rest of TL crew at the moment.

As for me personally, strong reads right now are (in scum:town ration format)

Mac :30:70, pushes make sense, playing to town meta, off site comms
Aoi Inu 60:40, Blames others of playing to the crowd, when admits to sheeping himself, weird nigh instant flip from TRG to Garg
Gorf 62:38, V/LAing as soon as pressure comes on is uncool, engages KyryK's random question, tries to say KyryK's random thing wasnt weird, jumps right on Gamer wagon, doesn't post much content, just a lot of empty posts.
TRG 45:55, Generally a fan of his posts. Keepin an eye on you in a good way
Garg 55:45, for the fos reasons and general uncooperativeness. Has gone down a bit lately, but keeping an eye on
Bats 35:65 Pretty obvtown dumbtown, were it not for the fact that he doesn't have outside comms. Seems odd...
KyryK 55:45 Where'd ya go? Why 14? Why you been ignoring my question?

Most others are neutral atm. Again, anyone with particular questions for me are encouraged to @ Ronike Ronike me, Ill be more likely to see them. Lookin forward to answers from people!
You see not with the eyes of CHUPAZI

find me on TL and discover the way of Hijole

There is this "I am toned way back here"

So I am who I IZ

Anyway, I would say batsnacks has essentially gone from confirming himself to making himself a question mark again to confirming himself again in my mind.

He is town won't elaborate yet.

I am surprised Gorf hasn't tried to push a policy a 'la Kush yet, he has the same exact knowledge of my dirtbag behaviour to get a win at times.

Templar I think simply cannot log in or forgot or I don't know but he isn't here.

Damdred lurking! He died in the TL game, and yet bats & I do not lurk. !!!

The TL meta is a posting meta!

But that is always WIFOM.

...aaaaand...

Oh! Ranmaru!

Doesn't he post a lot? Where is he?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yo. I have been busy with greek life, I'll be caught up tonight.

batsnacks

Smash Apprentice
Correct me if I'm wrong but @adumbrodius is voting garg because he thinks garg and gorf are busing each other?

So adumbrodius caught two scum d1?

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Well seeing as we all know we have out of thread communication now there's no harm in saying i was trying to let the people in my group know i was in it without making it too obvious.
I was able to pick up on it but not until much later in the game, which is why I made the following post:
Now that I have a better understanding of how this game works I just reread some stuff and I clearly missed out on cues that I should have picked up on much earlier.
Shame some people got so hung up on it, but oh well. Your confirmation of my suspicions makes me think you're likely to be town. In terms of why I'll get into that later.

I'm about to head to a Smashfest so expect my activity to be spotty today.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Correct me if I'm wrong but @adumbrodius is voting garg because he thinks garg and gorf are busing each other?

So adumbrodius caught two scum d1?
Kuz did, my reasoning is more compelling though :p.

Garg's the target though, gorf is just likely scum on a garg scum flip.

@Mac

Commentary on my reasoning for wanting to murder garg?

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
This is pretty much tipifies what's scummy about his slot, discrediting people who scumread him for and misrepresentation. This is pretty much a lie given that it had 0 to do with THAT refusing to answer and everything to do with him trying to discredit Kuz for voting for him when Kuz "said he'd vote gorf" and WHY he's refusing to answer. He reminds me of ronike's play from bingo actually, these actions make no sense as town.

Bussing is because of the bargaining for votes with kuz and his subsequent petulant reaction when Kuz didn't pull through, it suggests to me that he knows what gorf's flip is and wanted to use it to protect himself. He's sorta committed now though.

Not that the original case had substance, it was hella reaching because there was no reason for gorf to consider he wasn't in a neighborhood. An assumption that he was just playing dumb was perfectly reasonable.
I'm discrediting people because we have an obvious play in Gorf and going for me has me judging the result as incompetence; kuz actually threw a bunch of nulltells at me and several people just sheeped his reasoning. What do you want me to say? "Hey guys, this is really fantastic play and I'm glad this Town is on the way to successville!" **** no. I call it like I see it. And yeah, I stand by my earlier action. Mafia is about Town cooperating with each other, so if someone says they're going to do something and they don't, I'm not going to turn around at their beck and call to appease them. It's a 2-way street, bby.

So let's play a game adum! Let's say I was scum stonewalling kuz's push onto me. Why? His reasoning was that I was trying to weasel my way out of giving any explanation as to my push on Gorf, but I've presented it multiple times now, most recently as #471. So that's out the window.

I'll save you the trouble and help you realize that my stiffarming of kuz doesn't make sense as either alignment. I wasn't saying all that **** with mafia in mind so much as it was just me being a stubborn ass. kuz wanted me to be his *****, and unlike most here I refused to do so.

Pretty lame that I have to have this conversation with you; our reads are largely aligned otherwise. Discrediting people isn't scummy in and of itself either.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
This is disgusting

What's the point in overextending this dead-end discussion? You already got the town read from some players and yet at this point you were still doing nothing in terms of generating reads or moving discussion in a more useful way

btw I don't agree with the town read people gave on you, because once you got it you did nothing with it
Vig, if you have a list, put Rajam's name on it somewhere.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Is there a way to filter someone's posts here so you can read everything they've posted itt sequentially without having to read everything else?
There is a search option near the top of the page. Click on it and type the member's name under "posted by member" and check "search this thread only" to do it.

Top Bottom