• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Death Note Mafia - Game Thread - Ovah

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I remember him saying he'd be busy with finals over these days. Answer me. D:<

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Why FireEmbler should die:

Here he doesn't come in with a scumread or any reads. He comes in asking for 'insight'. He sees TRG's direction (ryu) and asks him if he can give him a statement about his scumminess, so he can agree to it and join.

Which he does. Second post in the game, and he's already ready to kill ryu.

Parroting. This isn't his thoughts. It's obvious. It has to do with what TRG said before. (I am focusing on the first half of this post, the team he makes is stupid)

@ #HBC | Mac #HBC | Mac : Get on this? Thoughts?
@ adumbrodeus adumbrodeus : Get on this? Thoughts?
@Ronike: Get on this? Thoughts?
@th3kuzinator : Get on this? Thoughts?
@ Gargaglione Gargaglione : Get on this? Thoughts?
@The Real Gamer: Get on this? Thoughts?
@Red Ryu: Get on this? Thoughts?
i'm keepin an eye on FE but these posts don't seem to egregious. He doesn't come in with any reads yea but it seemed like he barely even read the thread by that point. the ryu suspicion is interesting since iirc he got that based off just d2 play which doesn't have a lot of Ryu's more ****ty behavior but eh w/e at least he's down with the Ryu cause (unlike some ppl *cough* ran *cough*)

plus i had a lean town on kyryk so this isn't really enough to persuade me from more fruitful avenues

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Theory: I believe there to be no vigilante at all. I believe mafia either no killed, or killed rajam to make it seem like a vig killed. I believe the latter is more likely, as this would make us believe mafia can't kill instantly, therefore giving fuel to the theory that scum have a delayed kill, finding names and killing with the deathnote. Regardless, I think it is safer to assume mafia can kill instantly, and be open to the possibility of delayed reaction kills.
i was speculating about this as well, definitely possible

Use ambassador power: Banish Holder from this realm.
Reason: #658 (Also I just realized Rajam liked my post. :o )
I responded to this already but basically I think Holder has done more than enough to prove his worthiness! we can't have all this intragroup animosity!

@ #HBC | Mac #HBC | Mac : Read on Adum?
null very slight lean town

Go more into this Ryu. What is your read on me?
he can't go into it cuz it's bull****. he's just gonna keep spewing these vague general platitudes trying to pretends he's contributing

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
It gives people leeway to wait more than a night to give time. In reality, there is no set. We lynch FireEmblemnier today. I also dislike this coming from Holder. He acts like delayed killings is fact, when it is only theory.
it is fact, read the death note dropped in dawn 1. It explains that you can do delayed killings right there

Ran you can't beat Holder on dat game knowledge!

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
@ Fire Emblemier Fire Emblemier : I saw you viewing. Have ye nothing to say?
Why yes I do, was just reading what was posted since last night for me which included a wall from Ronike
Why FireEmbler should die:

Here he doesn't come in with a scumread or any reads. He comes in asking for 'insight'. He sees TRG's direction (ryu) and asks him if he can give him a statement about his scumminess, so he can agree to it and join.

Which he does. Second post in the game, and he's already ready to kill ryu.

Parroting. This isn't his thoughts. It's obvious. It has to do with what TRG said before. (I am focusing on the first half of this post, the team he makes is stupid)

@ #HBC | Mac #HBC | Mac : Get on this? Thoughts?
@ adumbrodeus adumbrodeus : Get on this? Thoughts?
@Ronike: Get on this? Thoughts?
@th3kuzinator : Get on this? Thoughts?
@ Gargaglione Gargaglione : Get on this? Thoughts?
@The Real Gamer: Get on this? Thoughts?
@Red Ryu: Get on this? Thoughts?
I think it would rather be strange to instantly come in with reads out of nowhere, so I asked for more info at the topic at hand to get myself in the gamegame while I was going back and reading the thread. I had no intention of looking to hopping on the wagon instantly just wanted to know why.
TRG's post helped me formulate a opinion on Ryu, but I'm not looking to lynch someone without more details. I haven't even voted him because of this. I don't want to haste a lynch.
I actually get accused of parroting a lot from previous games. Probably due to my opinions are usually formed by reading others post. A habit on my part got me lynched my first game ending it.
Feel free to ask more about me though if you want.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
@ adumbrodeus adumbrodeus :

1. It's scummy because his intentions for testing the vote are not what he says they are. I don't think his justification is enough to clear him of what I have accused him of. Especially because 1.) He never made a conclusion 2.) He never looked at Alakaslam who reacted to his 'test', he ignored it, and 3.) He left the vote on without any valid reason, and then tried to cover it up after the fact by saying he had a dislike for Ryu anyway. Only until pushed by Ronike, did he make a conclusion on TRG, here. This is also suspicious, because it doesn't come out as genuine. If he really had a problem with TRG, he would have brought that up immediately after the gambit, yet he did not. Him bringing it up later after the fact, was scum opportunism. He was trying to throw dirt on TRG, not trying to find scum.
I think you misunderstand his mentality, my read on the interaction is that he's more engaging in ego masturbation, primarily brought on by his deep understanding of the flavor in a game where flavor is VERY important. I see him as trying to make excuses to demonstrate intellectual superiority rather then throwing dirt.

Distracting and anti-town but not scummy.

2. Alright, I expect you to move early though. It's either move now or you are being comfy with your Ryu vote. Come on! Urgency.
Silly ran, why would I need to react with urgency when it would be a choice between my two scumreads, it's like a giftwrapped birthday gift :)

3. Basically, you say it's better to discuss town reads in private? I have no such luxury. That is not fair to me. Plus with the anonymity, I cannot ask anyone to poke your brain to gain reads for me. But it's whatever, I'll make a case on Alakaslam and force you to comment later anyway.
I'm saying if people aren't volunteering it unless you have a scumread on them you shouldn't pry, because right now our best guess is that scum can only kill based on night info. Frankly, not even saying we should discuss them in the rooms unless we're clear the room is all town. Keep them close to your chest unless you're a lynch target or your read is a lynch target.

Because we don't want the fiasco that happened earlier toDay happening again, scum should have to fight for every nightkill. Even if your reasoning is dayplay, close to your chest unless necessary because it creates a process of elimination situation.

If any of my townreads at the time is put at a significant risk of lynch I'll defend them.

4. I'm sorry, I was impatient. I honestly thought you might ignore me, that is why I said that. I forget I stayed up all night! Happy birthday man!!
NP, just something to keep in mind.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Ran you gotta get down with the Ryu cause

up till this point, noones posted a reason for why Ryu isn't scum (don't bother until Kuz does though). The wagon isn't going strong not because of how well Ryu stepped up his game (he didn't) but because other ppl aren't keeping their eyes on the prize. Not sure why ppl see Ryu's psuedo activity this phase as being indicative of anything. Especially when he spends most of it attacking me an obv town slot for the ******** reason of me needing to be held accountable (as if I wouldn't be if Ryu flipped town) among other actually nonsensical reasons that he parroted from other ppl.

With Ryu we have the prime lynch candidate:
  • ****ty / scummy play
  • ****ty claim
  • ****ty, anti-town and inexplicable claim timing
  • no proof that he was telling the truth
  • most useful connections out of anyone else this game
  • not helpful

Hopefully I can trust Ronike, TRG, and Holder to be down with the cause. Seems like Alakaslam, Adum, FE and Damdred might support the ride. Gargs better join cuz he owes me after being wrong on Gorf + Rajam

@ Fire Emblemier Fire Emblemier here's my overview for why Red Ryu is scum. So make sure you peep that

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
it is fact, read the death note dropped in dawn 1. It explains that you can do delayed killings right there

Ran you can't beat Holder on dat game knowledge!
Oh........... ****. I never payed attention to dawn 1 because I was late to the party. If that's the case, I would assume scum can receive guns too, to counter the delayed killings. I'll take that back, yet the majority of my feeling towards Holder still remains.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Also :thumbsdown: wrt the kyryk town read. I remember nothing but his rvs, which was null to me.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
You're town, and i can say that with absolute (read: 50-65%) certainty.
sum1 asks why then:
Because of everything he said on the last page. Not content wise because i didn't really understand it, but that's the point. Slam posts in a very specific way as town that's easy to see if you play with him enough. Seriously, if Slam makes sense he's more often than not scum, if he phrases things in such a way so they look like nonsense while actually having a message behind them, something he's certainly done on the last page but i currently have no idea what he was trying to say, then he's likely town.
so I think this is a town tell for kyryk. I think as scum, there'd be no reason for Kyryk to offer up this information. Alakslam is new to smashboards and ppl aren't familiar with his style. Most people hate it probably and support for his lynch has been thrown about. As scum why would Kyryk defend Alakaslam in this way when he could have just easily said nothing? Regardless of whether or not alakaslum is scum with Kyryk or is town, I just don't see any benefit for Kyryk to randomly bring this up out of the blue
this is my reason for leaning town on that slot. admittedly it isn't that strong a reason but it's enough for me to want more convincing evidence for FE scum before I want to move off more scummy slots

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Mac baby you know I'm down with giving RR a taste of my murderin shovel, but if FE becomes a viable lynch choice, sorta torn just because people bizarrely are reading the slot as town without putting anything out there and my reason for hating him isn't a popular mafia theory around here, so if there is a chance I don't know if it will happen again.

RR on the other hand, think town will hate him just as much tomorrow, but you're right, the wagon disintegrating is a lack of eyes on the prize, not on his behavior changing.

Oh........... ****. I never payed attention to dawn 1 because I was late to the party. If that's the case, I would assume scum can receive guns too, to counter the delayed killings. I'll take that back, yet the majority of my feeling towards Holder still remains.
The killing can be instant or delayed. I doubt they got guns but based on the way it's worded they could fake a gun death. It's actually an insanely powerful killing mechanic, presumably to balance out the fact that scum needs flavorname and username.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
@ Fire Emblemier Fire Emblemier : What were your previous games? Can you link them?

@ #HBC | Mac #HBC | Mac : Oh god. I'm on the opposite spectrum. I scumread Alakaslam, and I was the one who asked him to elaborate on that random ass town read he slapped to Alakaslam. This ***** said that because I was asking you for a read on him, to me it was a pseudo-defense. ("Hey some people might have doubts of you, I'll give a random town read to you to support you") I do see them as scum together (I suspect them individually as well). It also seems ingenuine to me (his explanation) because I played a game with alakaslam and he played the same way as scum, so I see it as bull****. So I'll happily disagree with you on this. I'll leave it at this though, I don't want to argue in circles if you don't agree with me.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
fair point. I never played with alakaslam so that kyryk post could be a mostly bull**** attempt to defend a partner. it just felt genuine to me because of how unprompted it was

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
The killing can be instant or delayed. I doubt they got guns but based on the way it's worded they could fake a gun death. It's actually an insanely powerful killing mechanic, presumably to balance out the fact that scum needs flavorname and username.
I'm going to assume there would be a flavor cop to find names in the case of either or then. If not then I won't have any other idea as we only have two claims (ryu's and kuz's) and people in their chatrooms might have a better idea than me.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I'm going to assume there would be a flavor cop to find names in the case of either or then. If not then I won't have any other idea as we only have two claims (ryu's and kuz's) and people in their chatrooms might have a better idea than me.
If so there's likely a very substantial limiting mechanic to force them to mainly ferret it out with nightplay.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
("Hey some people might have doubts of you, I'll give a random town read to you to support you")
also scum teams can't communicate during the Day.

this is something i've been thinking about because I think that means that compared to normal games it might be more likely that scum would openly defend a partner because they can't really work together to plan around events during the day.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Oh. Yeah that statement still stands without communication during the day because he could still think that and act with that intention in mind. "Hey buddy I'mma save you even though you don't even know!" I know because I played as scum on mafiascum and they don't communicate during the day, and I remember thinking things like that especially during lylo. ("Hey buddy, I'm going to lay this vote down first... I know you are waiting... wait no... I think you want me to wait alot longer... don't **** this up Ranmaru... ok you are right, I will play it super safe...... *lurks forever*"... Turns out he was actually thinking "RANMARU WHERE ARE YOU JUST LAY THE VOTE DOWN SO WE MAY ALPHA STRIKEEE NOW NOW NOW... ANY MINUTE NOW!")

I'll re-read later with that in mind though. (Prolly after a scumflip)

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
@ Holder of the Heel Holder of the Heel what's your response to Ran's case?
Ran's case on who? Me? It's still the same exact thing, so it's still bad. Tacking on the accusation that I possess knowledge that everyone has is just worse. On FE? Worthless and based on something incredibly slight. Plus the guy is possibly just going to die through Kira, pouncing on him right now is redundant, gives Aoi another chance at either being Kira or becoming Kira, and further pushes away the conclusion of some deductions I'm trying to make.

I'm also not inclined to listen to a man who has been confirmed watching this Day without a word until coming up trying to cast attention upon me, FE, and Alakaslam all at once and ignoring Aoi as if to try and protect him. In addition, he's still alone (or a liar), and I've no reason to feel entirely comfortable with this yet just because I acknowledge the possibility now that such a character can be Town.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Holder, what do you think of Orboknown not being in a room? Also, why do post emotionlessly but are ally happy and loving towards Ronike, when he makes his attack towards you earlier? What is your read on Adum, and FE?

You have a problem with Ryu now?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Mac, now that I think of it, scum not having day communication makes sense. It only strengthens the link between Holder and Alakaslam. What they both did seemed to be un-organized. Regardless, I gave insight as to why Holder's vote was suspicious, I'll explain why Alakaslam's is suspicious individually as well.

##Aoi Inu
Where was that case again. I am going to either refute it or see if I should join it should neither garg nor KyryK gain
This is called WISHY washy. Textbook scum.
##Aoi Inu
This is the main reason I find Alakaslam to be scum. The guy asks "Where is the case you made?" yet Holder never made one. He just jumps on the wagon when Holder never even gave a reason. I might expand on this later.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Gargs better join cuz he owes me after being wrong on Gorf + Rajam
Ryu is scum, I just had to gauge the thread's reaction to a Damdred push. Also, do you really want to have opened the thread anymore to seeing Rajam put you on his scumlist for dumb reasons anymore? You don't always have to lynch scum to help the Town's win condition. You should be thanking me.

Good to see that Ranmaru is likely innocent. Ranmaru, do you think that Alakaslam could have been trying to bus Red Ryu? Alakaslam, why did you wait until late D1 to start pushing Ryu?

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
Mac, now that I think of it, scum not having day communication makes sense. It only strengthens the link between Holder and Alakaslam. What they both did seemed to be un-organized. Regardless, I gave insight as to why Holder's vote was suspicious, I'll explain why Alakaslam's is suspicious individually as well.

This is the main reason I find Alakaslam to be scum. The guy asks "Where is the case you made?" yet Holder never made one. He just jumps on the wagon when Holder never even gave a reason. I might expand on this later.
A case can be "read this <quote of such bad post it says everything>"

That is what it was.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Holder, what do you think of Orboknown not being in a room?
Is there a reason for me to think it is different from you and Bats? I still am not in a position to draw definitive conclusions just yet. I'm at least pretty certain that one townie is among the selection, assuming all of you are telling the truth, but all of them being so is a bit hard to swallow presently. Especially since this would require none of you to have connections between each other character, role, and win condition-wise because otherwise there'd be no reason for Zenny to exclude you from groups. The role, wincon, and character possibilities to fit in that acquires room to be questionable. And if no such situation exists then it's even worse because someone is pretending to be alone.

Also, why do post emotionlessly but are ally happy and loving towards Ronike, when he makes his attack towards you earlier?
The same reason I've been absolutely adoring you.

Also you qualify one line of sarcasm as "ally happy and loving"? Your reach knows no limits.

What is your read on Adum, and FE?
Adum I like enough thus far. Has respect for the flavor/set-up like me and hasn't said or done anything disgusting aside from implying I'm an egomaniac lol. Honestly for the most part he just isn't entirely relevant to my goal here, which is the Aoi Flip and the info that comes from it, even if he's town there is good to be had, and dusk will be fruitful for me.

FE is probably a dead man walking so my interest is little. He's posted not very much and the fact that he's not offering any outlandish opinions isn't worthy of a scum tell in my opinion. I'd especially prefer if we could have him around for a bit, pointing fingers at him while he's still in the catch up/trying to understand what exactly is going on phase is pretty weak and not useful on an individual level let alone in relation to what we're as a town trying to accomplish right now.

You have a problem with Ryu now?
What do you mean by "now"? You've not been reading have you?

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
"Why did you wait to vote red ryu nyaaah"

No loaded ones; I cannot hardly read you so you especially. Dat hard FoS.

Read me for no reason sure but don't influence the read of the weak minded with jedi loaded question tricks.

I didn't wait; Smashboards is very plushy and people post in Palm Springs Pride parade flags and so my eyes hurt. So I don't read just anything anyone says.

Beyond that, I will skip pages inadvertently because I am checking alerts. So! To not see someone (damdred; people want my extensive opinion on the guy, when essentially I haven't even read a single post of his) is easily possible.

Someone says something a lot d1 though? There were few enough posts to go fishing and find what I was looking for.

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
Which btw

Holder lol

You say "you haven't been reading"

I actually haven't been and I was aware of and just made a point based on you having that opinion day1 a lot

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
Sure. I'm scum. Who else, Slam?
See? You see it on yourself, but not others. The loadedness is tripe, is it not?

I do not toss a scumread out easily. I have no underestimation for the DERP of a townie.

At the moment you are not actually a scumread garg; indeed you are not derping really. (In fact I am)

At holder wait next post man

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
I will say this.

You essentially had a few posts of Aoi and some commentary. Yahoo...

Ranmaru apparently says this is not a case. Well, a case can be any incriminating post after a certain level. If you are in court, and someone has a chair with so much evidence on what you did that only a biased fool would defend you, the lawyer really does not need words.

Top Bottom