• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Death Note Mafia - Game Thread - Ovah

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
How far into the game have you read? Can you do a brief post on your thoughts regarding the gamestate/playerlist?

adum, it's terrible play because people start salivating thinking they've cracked the game and go further in on a target not off individual scumminess, but connections they're not certain about. The human mind naturally looks for patterns, we can make connections out of the most bunk **** and it benefits scum way more than it does town. We just got burnt on D1 off of, "HERP GARG + GORF MUST BE A TEAM!!!" so you can imagine how annoyed I am to see people run into the thread doing the exact same stupid ****. It's lazy, wrong, and I'm not dealing with it anymore.

Anyways I'll talk more about Dam soon, please don't do the **** kuz did D1 and get all up in my face about it before it can play its course on its own. I ended up having to push Gorf way harder than I wanted due to everyone wanting an immediate answer.
That's an argument that people were doing it wrong, not that it was illegitimate and I didn't see that at all. Rather you had people classifying your behavior as independently scummy and drawing post flip or seeing your push as overeager.

Don't be sloppy, gimme some meat on dem rather then closing out legit avenues, connections is one of the most important scum hunting avenues.
Garg I just find it very strange that you're willing to go in depth on your reasoning AFTER you realize your push isn't gaining traction.

If you truly feel as strongly as you claim you would have presented your case first instead of saying "hey guys damdred is scum cause he's a lurker. Mac and Holder you agree right??"
Mmmmm, it sort of came out of nowhere wondering if it's not a result of day play. But if you're pushing it over RR... Ha need more then that.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Sheeeeeit I'm sitting here at the barber shop talking about NBA basketball and playing forum mafia on my phone at the same damn time.

I've never felt so black and so white all at once.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Too much information to be gained from a Ryu flip, especially a scum flip (which is likely).

Keep your eyes on the prize guys.
why does scum ryu out he can use a deathnote since its athing most people wouldnt be able to do? Thats outting a huge ass target onto himself that he dkdnt need to do.
if im obvtown, why do you need to know ALL of my reads right away? you don't think itd make way more sense to let others speak up first? yknow the ppl who've been contributing way less (read: 0) of their reads, and either are or have been inactive, and whom you are much less sure of their alignment
I dont, but i wanted to know if there was a dpecific thing where you weren't putting something out for a reason. Thats why i didnt ask you anything when i pisted stuff to ryu and the others

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
why does scum ryu out he can use a deathnote since its athing most people wouldnt be able to do? Thats outting a huge *** target onto himself that he dkdnt need to do.

I dont, but i wanted to know if there was a dpecific thing where you weren't putting something out for a reason. Thats why i didnt ask you anything when i pisted stuff to ryu and the others
Cause he already had a big ****ing target on himself

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I actually prefer lynching DJCrinklecut or the guy who replaced KyryK besides Damdred.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
How far into the game have you read? Can you do a brief post on your thoughts regarding the gamestate/playerlist?
Well I read all of Day 2. I started there as it was a good bencmark where I could get all of the info being talked about currently without overwhelming myself with 30 pages of content
At the moment I have only a few reads.

I have a Town read on The real gamer as his posts give a lot of understandable insight.
Due to this I feel Ryu could be scum. From what I've read the discussion seems to show he is the play.
A would like to hear more details on Damdred push as I see a lot of scum reads, but nothing truly on the details why.
People found Mac suspicious for his change in reads this day and I would like to hear from him.

I'll get to everyone else I can give reads for soon, but they're mostly null

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
@ Fire Emblemier Fire Emblemier

What do you think of Damdred's claim of knowing a Stephen? What do you think about Alakaslam's claim about being in a three-person team?

Ronike

Smash Ace
Alrighty, its officially tomorrow. :b: Lemme take some time, read through most of the backlog.

BTWs, @ Fire Emblemier Fire Emblemier read day 1. No johns please, and you need to make your own opinions, especially since all KyryK was doing was coasting and not reading enough. We really need you to read please, and thank you.

Before anything though, in catching up with today's posts, I re-stumbled over this:
Wait, wait... don't answer that.

Let's try something.

Do you know who Steve is?
Just tell me if you know a Steve. Trust me this will work. There are two people named Steve in death note and they're in different groups. I have a good plan.
What the **** was this? I did this make you feel better about Damdred? How do you know he wasn't lying? I really don't understand this. Please walk me through it. Unless @ Holder of the Heel Holder of the Heel wants you to hold of on answering that for a moment? In fact, wait for his go ahead to answer this, as he's currently talking to fireemblemnier through this. But I do want to know what the **** this is.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
What's the significance of the Steve, though?
The significance has to do with flavor/set-up just as Orbo states. If you could just answer what you think of these claims and how much you believe them, that's all I'd like to know. This could help you out specifically as well.

Alrighty, its officially tomorrow. :b: Lemme take some time, read through most of the backlog.

BTWs, @ Fire Emblemier Fire Emblemier wants you to hold of on answering that for a moment? In fact, wait for his go ahead to answer this, as he's currently talking to fireemblemnier through this. But I do want to know what the **** this is.[/USER]
Fire Emblemier Fire Emblemier

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Garg/mac,whatchu bmake of ronike?
Null. He'll do things that make me lean likelier to come from town like trying to start the discussion about neighborhoods but then he'll do outrageously disgusting things like give arbitrary scum:town ratios or questioning obvtown batsnacks. I don't see this read progressing either way until we get a few more flips and see him make some pushes.

That's an argument that people were doing it wrong, not that it was illegitimate and I didn't see that at all. Rather you had people classifying your behavior as independently scummy and drawing post flip or seeing your push as overeager.

Don't be sloppy, gimme some meat on dem rather then closing out legit avenues, connections is one of the most important scum hunting avenues.
You know what? Let's skip my response to this and just be real for a minute.

adum, how many people on this playerlist do you trust to give legitimate rationale for connections? Now how many people do you think will instead botch them and work under convoluted thought processes as a result? These are rhetorical questions.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
What about what Alakaslam said about his group? Do you think he is a truther?

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
The Steve in the group was very inactive and also claimed who they were, so everyone in the group knows that I am Steve. So it isn't that big of a reveal as Kyryk already outted it

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
He didn't exactly out it to the thread though; so that point is nil. Are you trying to find out who is not in your group by PoE? Because I can only see scum moto for that

Alakaslam

Smash Ace

Mmmmm, it sort of came out of nowhere wondering if it's not a result of day play. But if you're pushing it over RR... Ha need more then that.
Unflipped associations or flipped associations?

Because I either vehemently disagree or agree with some meh.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
He didn't exactly out it to the thread though; so that point is nil. Are you trying to find out who is not in your group by PoE? Because I can only see scum moto for that
Not having outted it to the thread is only slightly better, because then we wouldnt have known any of the circumstances of his death if it happened. Claiming id at all is hella foolish tho

Ronike

Smash Ace
Still working through the thread, got distracted with homecooked food from GF :love: But my apologies regardless. Responses to new posts:

Ugh... FireEmblemnier... the **** man? Why would you do that? Just... ugh. ****in read please, kthx.

Garg, I don't know why you're haprin on me so much for using numbers for my reads? How the **** is that really scummy? Its a thought process, and I would argue it speaks more than just saying "I think X is scummy", as if you say that, you can later say, "Well actually, I didnt think he was THAT scummy..." Whereas if I give you a ratio thingy, you know just how scummy I thought the person was at the time, and how much so in comparison to other people, and other reads later on. I really don't understand your problem with this, and would request that you explain your specific issue with it.

Also, asking bats a question is questioning him now? I still think he's one of the most obvtown players in this thread, I just don't know why he cleared Damdred yesterday for that, and want to know if he has some insight, or reasoning for doing so.

Top Bottom