• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Death Note Mafia - Game Thread - Ovah

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
Like you can't actually trust Kuz. He does things like push someone for realish reasons BUT WAIT no they're fake but he just silently moves his vote

I call this to the crowds and he is like "well my child it is simply a gambit"

Not following this guy until he sbengali's me further

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
Red has gone done been wishy washy!

He says the emotional stuff of "I am talking to you, not writing something you will later read. And hmm... I have a really hard time deciding things because I can't have a firm opinion in case I come under suspicion or have to switch to a bus to stay alive"

Telling you folks

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
By the way guys, deadline is tonight.

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
What's the reasoning of the suspicion behind Red exactly? I'm not clear on that.
He
Is
Wishy washy

No clear stance that I remember

VIG shoot Kuz plz he is just going to tell you to shoot anyone who disagrees with him or questions his BAMCIS authority

http://youtu.be/g1dxNsjYeIs

in case vig is actually a stupid person

Don't shoot Kuz. Please.

But don't blindly sheep him. He is convincing because he is clearly a skilled vet but he will gladly change stances and fabricate them to get a reaction which while effective, can confuse and is easily replicable as scum to lead to a bad end.

Yup.

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
Heck even the Narnia series had it: "carn seez fishansy" to mean "you can't see his sufficiency"

Sson the mannerism is ill speech. But I have never seen so many simply dismiss it.

Anyway I figure I have been hamstringed, kyryk Damd bats templar gorf RANMARU free to scumread me but I am going to speak plainly and be a normal, feckless roughly-the-same-experience-as-10-games-played dude who generally says boring tripe.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Why do you capitalize my name? What is your read on me? Would you not trust me and vote Gorf?

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
He
Is
Wishy washy

No clear stance that I remember

VIG shoot Kuz plz he is just going to tell you to shoot anyone who disagrees with him or questions his BAMCIS authority

http://youtu.be/g1dxNsjYeIs

in case vig is actually a stupid person

Don't shoot Kuz. Please.

But don't blindly sheep him. He is convincing because he is clearly a skilled vet but he will gladly change stances and fabricate them to get a reaction which while effective, can confuse and is easily replicable as scum to lead to a bad end.

Yup.
And it seems little or nothing else.

What, content to lynch someone who does a faux pas and then has to be gone?

How about you explain to me why thinking you are epic scum baller pushing gorf because he's easy to push is a dumb conspiracy theory aside from your own essentially confirmed status? Because actually, any idiot scum could see this opportunity and take it, the only reason you would be a epic scum baller is because you had confirmed yourself town first.

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
For your other questions, my read on you so far is

And I don't distrust you, I distrust Kuz- he is very much like Ace of TL. Ace is very difficult to convince to join games, and can make you think whatever he wants you to think.

He may actually be Ace; Ace usually calls for me to be vigged after a bit (admittedly he lasts longer) and this is a different site- and I have seen RANMARU be a disease and fatality and an elephant elsewhere

And I forget the other question getting there

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
Unfortunately, since I want people to switch it probably works the opposite way, due to WIFOM

They start unflipped associations because this is school and decide "I am defending gorf so hard- I must be scum with him!"

Just like my hard defense of 27NB amirite? (Nudges TL ppl)

Yet here I simply call for lynching wishy-washy vs ???. Yes, gorf is a ??? Because apparently irl issues.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Why Holder of the Heel is Mafia:

He only unvotes here because Bats states that anyone voting for Alaka was scum or lazy. He feels the need to justify it by saying 'lazy or not around'. Scum being comfortable, got shaken and didn't want to be noticed, acted as soon as he saw that.

Here he goes very in depth with setup analysis. Alot of players give him town points for it, but I see it as null, especially given the rest of his play. Also consider he says that every townie would be in a room, but when Mac asks if he is saying Batsnacks isn't town, he backs down. This is most likely because this came from a scum mindset, and he most likely is in a room. So not knowing the situation of EVERY townie, he assumed all townies were in a room. But that is not so. This also shows Mac has a townie mindset because he can't understand how he came to that conclusion.

Here he is wishy washy on deciding to vote Gorf. He states his vote wasn't fruitful, and I will say it was because he didn't care about finding scum, only about hiding behind setup analysis.

Here, he defends Red Ryu with very good points. Nothing suspicious actually, but it is relevant due to his next action.

After Macman votes Red Ryu, Holder decides to make a random hop onto Red Ryu. He tries to justify it was a test that failed, but he never moves the vote back, he leaves it there. I noticed TRG realized that there was something odd with his test. (Gambit) He made this test, and didn't even look at how Alakaslam reacted to him.

Here, he states he would go back to Gorf but actually has a dislike for Red Ryu. This is the first time he mentions he actually has a dislike for him. This is to justify staying on Red Ryu. Secondly, he states that he ignored Alakaslam's reaction because he annoys him. When asked, he questions if he should look into his vote hop, yet says nothing else and bounces. He went back into hiding and had no conclusion on Alakaslam.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Conclusion: Holder is a very intelligent fellow. He did very well analyzing the setup, but that's all he mostly did. He hid behind that. He hid behind it for so long he forgot he got comfortable and left his vote on Alakaslam as RVS. He has had no real drive to find scum, as his later votes were a wishy washy vote on Gorf that didn't last long (he votes in response to Garg's case), and a random hop on Red Ryu which he states was a gambit. I read his newbie, and he did much more for town then he has here. He continues to lack drive for finding mafia. He has not made a single push or questioned much players at all. A great investigate target.

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
So you do not actually think gorf is mafia or you do?

And Holder wants ryu lynched unreasonabkply much after defending him? Possible he cherry picked quotes then...

BUT what is the scum motive for doing this?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I do. It is why I didn't move my vote. Since this is a plurality lynch game, I would not risk letting Gorf live without a sure chance that Holder would die instead. This is why I say he should be investigated. Scum motive is to move off of his scumbuddy Gorf, since he voted him with a wishy washy reason in the first place. So now will you vote Gorf with me?

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
Quite possibly but I still don't see how people are so sure gorf is scum versus simply inactive after a faux pas that Kuz made scummy. Like here you are making unflipped associations even as I sarcastically point out the ineptitude of doing that!

So no, you will have to point out how gorf is scum. Heck maybe I missed it.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I have already explained it. The gist of it for me is that he has not been around, even before calling VLA. I had to call him out because I noticed his lack of presence in thread. He has no drive to find scum, and after he was called out for his actions towards Batsnacks, he drops his push on him and doesn't even give a stance on Garg (his attacker). He then votes Red Ryu to save himself and he doesn't give a **** if he dies. It's only you and Holder who don't seem to get it.

batsnacks

Smash Apprentice
slam is Holder a good lynch?

No one ever said if they had access to the same setup info as Holder or not.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
.......huh

Glad I'm not the only one who had a problem with Holder's "test," but I never even considered the positivity that there might have been scummy intent behind it.

This deserves a reread.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Why Holder of the Heel is Mafia:

He only unvotes here because Bats states that anyone voting for Alaka was scum or lazy. He feels the need to justify it by saying 'lazy or not around'. Scum being comfortable, got shaken and didn't want to be noticed, acted as soon as he saw that.
It was addressing me, so naturally I responded. It was just a RVS vote so I understood that it didn't mean anything to keep it there.

Here he goes very in depth with setup analysis. Alot of players give him town points for it, but I see it as null, especially given the rest of his play. Also consider he says that every townie would be in a room, but when Mac asks if he is saying Batsnacks isn't town, he backs down. This is most likely because this came from a scum mindset, and he most likely is in a room. So not knowing the situation of EVERY townie, he assumed all townies were in a room. But that is not so. This also shows Mac has a townie mindset because he can't understand how he came to that conclusion.
I've already stated that I'm not comfortable with Bats and he's probably by default the person I'd be most okay with going (as in, very expendable) because I do not understand how he fits into this game, so you're lying here. The same can be applied to you since you claim to be similar. In fact, you yourself have been quiet/terse throughout much of the game, and Bats only got town points because apparently being oblivious is a sign of being town even though people have been saying that in all his aggression he was never actually useful. You say townies can be in outside-communications "that is not so", but you do realize that no one has any proof of this? I can't just say that you're telling the truth just because. I've no proof to the contrary, which is why it's insufficient evidence, but it goes both ways I'm afraid.

Also I already gave an explanation as to why I view there's a good chance being in a group is a definitive feature of someone strictly aligned to the town. All townies can look at their role PM and know that there are multiple groups against kira/mafia and it is easy to grasp what the characters are and size (Kyryk even flat out said this at the very beginning) and one of them has already been confirmed to be half the roster. We also know the mafia is going to have a traditional group. You do not fit if you aren't in contact with anyone, I have every reason to think that at the present moment.

Here he is wishy washy on deciding to vote Gorf. He states his vote wasn't fruitful, and I will say it was because he didn't care about finding scum, only about hiding behind setup analysis.
Indeed, I've not been very motivated to play this game. Wouldn't even be here if it wasn't for Zenny approaching about it, reminding me later of that approach, and his game being centered around my favorite manga, hence my interest in the set-up. I was never particularly good, and this is going to go doubly so on the first day of a game where things are much more serious than the games I'm typically used to. This is an excuse rather than a reason, but it's all I can give you. If it's not enough, then very well. But if a lack of presence/influence in this game is indicative of scumminess, then I also assume you can find my "scum partners" right here and now then yes?

#421]

Here, he defends Red Ryu with very good points. Nothing suspicious actually, but it is relevant due to his next action.

After Macman votes Red Ryu, Holder decides to make a random hop onto Red Ryu. He tries to justify it was a test that failed, but he never moves the vote back, he leaves it there. I noticed TRG realized that there was something odd with his test. (Gambit) He made this test, and didn't even look at how Alakaslam reacted to him.
Wrong. It was after me accusing TRG. Though indeed the point in itself was to try and make TRG realize that he wasn't thinking clearly because the vote in itself, rather than who it was on, as I intended and immediately stated, wasn't very good.

Also if you're going to try and make me feel wrong about not acknowledging Alakaslam, then it is a futile effort.

Here, he states he would go back to Gorf but actually has a dislike for Red Ryu. This is the first time he mentions he actually has a dislike for him. This is to justify staying on Red Ryu.
Mechanically stating events is fine and all but what is your actual point? No one at that point had received any point in liking that slot. Also you've been saying that I've said little up to that point, so my having no mentioned someone who also said very little is to be expected.

Secondly, he states that he ignored Alakaslam's reaction because he annoys him. When asked, he questions if he should look into his vote hop, yet says nothing else and bounces. He went back into hiding and had no conclusion on Alakaslam.
Lazy Hiding or not around. Seriously, I cannot conclude anything on him and the only reaction he said he was that he wondered where the case was, then voted saying he was wishy-washy. What specifically did you want me to see that is actually notable?

Conclusion: Holder is a very intelligent fellow. He did very well analyzing the setup, but that's all he mostly did. He hid behind that. He hid behind it for so long he forgot he got comfortable and left his vote on Alakaslam as RVS. He has had no real drive to find scum, as his later votes were a wishy washy vote on Gorf that didn't last long (he votes in response to Garg's case), and a random hop on Red Ryu which he states was a gambit. I read his newbie, and he did much more for town then he has here. He continues to lack drive for finding mafia. He has not made a single push or questioned much players at all. A great investigate target.
I'm fine with being investigated. If someone can do that, feel free to do so at any point in time within this game. The mafia characters, I'm guessing, don't have a player who comes up innocent. Kira might though. Maybe there is someone who searches for Kira and another player who can investigate scum. If there's two people like that, both check me at any time. It's the best way to convince you, since my drive probably won't receive drastic improvement. I'm actually pushing myself a bit, TRG should know that the last game I was in I said even less. My involvement may improve with the passing of day phases however, we'll see if I live to such points. If you wish to forego that entire process and lynch me, then that's okay too given my point here. My character wouldn't be a huge loss neither.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
.......huh

Glad I'm not the only one who had a problem with Holder's "test," but I never even considered the positivity that there might have been scummy intent behind it.
You treated it as rather unremarkable. Now that someone else has mentioned it it's a problem? Alright then.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Edit: Now that someone else has mentioned it, you felt like it was a problem?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Are you going to respond to my earlier question? It's also interesting to see how you come to respond to my case on you but you weren't proactive enough to draw a conclusion on Alakaslam's reaction to your 'test'. Will respond to you soon.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Nevermind, you talked about him in that post. I'll get to it later anyways. Please do give me an opinion of Alaka, town or scum and why?

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
slam is Holder a good lynch?

No one ever said if they had access to the same setup info as Holder or not.
I quoted, telling you that I don't have special info. You're still pretending that I am acting like I do? I'm making inferences/deductions. Some of which even you can do even without being in an outside-communication group.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I've stated that I am unsure if the things I say are true as well, I simply imagine them to be because that's what makes sense. Right now I think only two people have said to be outside of groups, which was a possibility that I actually mentioned if the mafia is three Mello, eyes, Ross). Although in that setting it involves the two probably being Kira collectively; if not then something of dubious intentions but nothing matches that description very well and it's nothing to like regardless. Then there's always the chance that they are in a MAFIA group but don't want to say they are involved with the others because in time they will be found to be liars. My point is that it's all speculation. Not complete guesswork, but not anything I'm Zenny handed to me as a special individual.

Please do give me an opinion of Alaka, town or scum and why?
You want me to feel pain, don't you? I understand your need to have assistance understanding him, and that at some point we're going to have to figure out what to do with him, but... *groans*

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yes, please do it, thank you. Whatever is at the top of your head. I'll tell you what. I'll give you a read on anyone you'd like after you do so for me.

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
Lololol haven't I cleaned it up?

People always late.

It is like, I do/ people don't react/ I change/ people react to me doing/ I go silent/ people remark on how I changed/ I rage/ people accuse me of lurking

Not going to let it Happen again since I am a prophet.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Trading reads? There not Pokemon Ranmaru. Whatever, I'll "try".

Also, if I wanted to seemlessly move off of Gorf (scum partner suspect) onto Aoi, why would I defend against a specific accusation on him just before it instead of acknowledging his reasoning as right or simply outright voting like Mac and Alakaslam.

batsnacks

Smash Apprentice
I think slam is maybe mafia and that's the first time I've ever thought that. Which means my read is unreliable.

but he said smashboards gets pissitude or something so maybe that's why

Top Bottom