• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Death Note Mafia - Game Thread - Ovah

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
No I do not. I'm most confident in Holder holding scum. How do you feel about Holder?

batsnacks

Smash Apprentice
I don't think he's a good lynch. Normally setup speculation is meh but he did it at a time when most of the fighting in the thread was about setup speculation, and he cleared it up and got people on a better path.

wifom but his avatar/sig are also death note... so he's really getting into the spirit of the game which I think is also pretty townie.

The rest of your case was good I just think there's scummier people.

Ice and Fire

Zen | Macman
Btdubs Ruy has been viewing the thread and lurking hard body. Think back on the little **** he's actually done and how gross it is, easily as good a lynch as gorf

Anyways, will check out the Ranmaru v Holder later today.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I just went back and reread Holder. Honestly I'm having a hard time seeing him as scum. This could be my inexperience showing, but in my mind if Holder was really scum he wouldn't have any reason to share so much information about the setup, especially since it was voluntarily given. Yeah the concern about him not making any pushes is legit, but we could say the same thing for nearly half of the players in this game, so based on that fact alone Holder's done more for town than most here in my mind even without the pushes. In terms of the whole "test" ordeal I'm pretty sure that was just Holder having a problem with my logic as opposed to the actual vote I placed, though I still don't agree with his reasoning.

We can revisit Holder later if need be, but for now I still think Gorf/Aoi would be stronger plays.

You treated it as rather unremarkable. Now that someone else has mentioned it it's a problem? Alright then.
Edit: Now that someone else has mentioned it, you felt like it was a problem?
If I never had a problem with your test I would have never posted this:
What are you trying to prove?
Only reason I wanted to cut of the discussion was because of 2 main reasons:
1) During the middle of the discussion Ronkie posted the Great Wall of Mafia, which felt much more important than the convo we were having at the time
2) Even if you did change my mind I would have kept my vote on Aoi for pressure and read/reaction purposes, so it mostly felt irrelevant to me

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Btdubs Ruy has been viewing the thread and lurking hard body. Think back on the little **** he's actually done and how gross it is, easily as good a lynch as gorf

Anyways, will check out the Ranmaru v Holder later today.
I have finals, I'm not dedicating it to mafia.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
And here I am... failing my classes. ;-; I'm a loser.

batsnacks

Smash Apprentice
I have to spend the next 3 days wrestling bears in the Russian tundra. I hope you guys don't mind if I afk.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I see your points @TRG and @Bats, I just posted this today just so you guys had two sides to think of for the future. On getting into the game, I would say it can be either or (it can be mafia who really likes the setup too, or just is really into the flavor). But I agree, there are better options for now, I just think he is a GREAT investigate target.

Another good one would probably be Ronike. Agree, Mac?

Alaka/Templar for vigs.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I think slam is maybe mafia and that's the first time I've ever thought that. Which means my read is unreliable.

but he said smashboards gets pissitude or something so maybe that's why
No, I have been thinking the same.
Explain through what magic you to managed to do this? Going through the search feature right now and so far the only post that seems odd was that he was mentioning to vote for Kyryk (awful idea) and then proceeded to put that Aoi vote you, Ranmaru, was speaking of, as in his "reaction", proceeding to claim that he's wishy washy. Also before that he said he'd refute the case or either join it if two other slots don't gain traction and he doesn't actually wait to see if that happens before voting lol. Also I think he said I said something first with great skill? I didn't offer a case against him that I can remember. Seriously, I just don't understand.

I like that he brings up the lack of activity frequently. I mean, he seems like the type to be easily bored, but scum would probably be okay with things being quiet. In my mafia games that has FRUSTRATINGLY been the case.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
How often do vigs exist in these games for you guys to speak so casually about them?

There are two characters that I can imagine being one, one of which would be really hilarious hahaha

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Hmmm... actually, there's good chance one of the two people who said they aren't in a group can be town. Can't believe I overlooked a certain possibility... The other is still likely dubious.

Rajam

Smash Champion
@ Rajam Rajam posts discussing it are quoted below
@DJCrinkleCut we're all claiming if we have access to outside-thread communications. Please tell us if you have access to a room outside the thread
Sorry' I've been V/LA all day and probably won't catch up

Yes, I have access to outside-thread communication. Do I have to claim something else?

From what I've read, my reads are:

kuz town
TRG town
Ryu town
Mac scummy
Garg scum

I agree with the observation kuz made regarding the wording Garg used, and to add further, Garg's refusal to answer the question kuz made just doesn't fit as town, specially considering Garg himself said in some post kuz was a town read of him

First impression on Mac is still somewhat around. The post I made about him helping someone to hide his online status was (and still is) serious. Mac didn't do much else besides the claim thing to earn a town read anyways.

beatsnacks is also a troublesome slot. Not calling him scum, but rather I wanna make a callout on people town-reading him. Seems to me he aimed at establishing a town position on thread (aka he wanted people to town-read him), and I don't have an issue with that. The problem is what he did once people started to call him town. And from what I've read, he continued on pushing the worthless claim thing. That's not good. Not calling him scum yet because I need to read further to check what he was doing later.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Vote Count

Alive [17]: Aoi Inu, Adumbrodeus (ad.), Rajam, Gorf (Grf), KyryK (Kyr), DJCrinkleCut, th3kuzinator, Ronike (Rni), Mac (Mc), The Real Gamer (Trg), Holder of the Heel (Hld), Ranmaru, Alakaslam, The Templar, Damdred (De.), batsnacks, Gargaglion (Gr.)

Designated Lynch = Red

Pg 1: #1 - #40
Kyr [1] Gr.
Kyr [2] Gr. | Bat
Kyr [3] Gr. | Bat | Mc
Bat [1] Grf
De. [1] Kyr
Ala [1] Hld
Kyr [4] Gr. | Bat | Mc | Rni
Ala [2] Hld | Trg

KyryK | 4 | Gargaglione, batsnacks, Mac, Ronike
Alakaslam | 2 | Holder of the Heel, The Real Gamer
Damdred | 1 | KyryK
batsnakcs | 1 | Gorf

Pg 2: #41 - # 80
Kyr [3] Gr. | Mc | Rni
Rni [1] Bat
Trg [1] Kuz
Kyr [2] Gr. | Rni
Trg [2] Kuz | Mc
Kyr [1] Rni
>Ala [2] Hld | Trg
Trg [3] Kuz | Mc | Gr.

The Real Gamer | 3 | th3kuzinator, Mac, Gargaglione
Alakaslam | 2 | Holder of the Heel, The Real Gamer
Damdred | 1 | KyryK
batsnakcs | 1 | Gorf
KyryK | 1 | Ronike
Ronike | 1 | batsnacks

Pg 3: #81 - #120
Ala [1] Trg

The Real Gamer | 3 | th3kuzinator, Mac, Gargaglione
Alakaslam | 1 | Holder of the Heel
Damdred | 1 | KyryK
batsnakcs | 1 | Gorf
KyryK | 1 | Ronike
Ronike | 1 | batsnacks

Pg 4: #121 - #160
Ala [0]
Trg [2]
Kuz | Gr.
Grf [1] Mc

The Real Gamer | 2 | th3kuzinator, Gargaglione
Damdred | 1 | KyryK
batsnakcs | 1 | Gorf
KyryK | 1 | Ronike
Ronike | 1 | batsnacks
Gorf | 1 | Mac

Pg 5: #161 - #200
Trg [1] Gr.
Gr. [1] Kuz
Trg [2] Gr. | Aoi
Trg [1] Gr.
Gr. [2] Kuz | Aoi
Trg [0]
Grf [2]
Mc | Gr.
Aoi [1] Trg

Gargaglione | 2 | th3kuzinator, Aoi Inu
Gorf | 2 | Mac, Gargaglione
Damdred | 1 | KyryK
batsnakcs | 1 | Gorf
KyryK | 1 | Ronike
Ronike | 1 | batsnacks
Aoi Inu | 1 | The Real Gamer

Pg 6: #201 - #240
Kyr [0]
Gr. [3]
Kuz | Aoi | Rni
Gr. [4] Kuz | Aoi | Rni | Ala

Gargaglione | 4 | th3kuzinator, Aoi Inu, Ronike, Alakaslam
Damdred | 1 | KyryK
batsnakcs | 1 | Gorf
Ronike | 1 | batsnacks

Pg 7: #241 - #280
Rni [2] Bat
Mc [1] Raj

Ronike | 2 | batsnacks
Damdred | 1 | KyryK
batsnakcs | 1 | Gorf
Mac | 1 | Rajam

Pg 8: #281 - #320
-

Ronike | 2 | batsnacks
Damdred | 1 | KyryK
batsnakcs | 1 | Gorf
Mac | 1 | Rajam

Pg 9: #321 - #360
Grf [3] Gr. | Mc | ad.

Gorf | 3 | Mac, Gargaglione, Adumbrodeus
Ronike | 2 | batsnacks
Damdred | 1 | KyryK
batsnakcs | 1 | Gorf
Mac | 1 | Rajam

Pg 10: #361 - #400
Mc [1]
Trg [1]
Raj
Rni [1]
De. [2]
Kyr | Bat

Gorf | 3 | Mac, Gargaglione, Adumbrodeus
Damdred | 2 | KyryK, batsnacks
Ronike | 1 |
batsnakcs | 1 | Gorf
The Real Gamer | 1 | Rajam

Pg 11: #401 - #440
De. [1] Kyr
Rni [2] Bat
Grf [4] Gr. | Mc | ad. | Hld
Grf [3] Gr. | ad. | Hld
Aoi [2] Trg | Mc
Rni [1]
Tm [1]
Bat
Gr. [3] Kuz | Aoi | Ala
Tm [2] Bat | Rni
Grf [2] Gr. | ad.
Aoi [3] Trg | Mc | Hld
Gr. [2] Kuz | Aoi
>Aoi [3] Trg | Mc | Hld
Aoi [4] Trg | Mc | Hld | Ala

Aoi Inu | 4 | The Real Gamer, Mac, Holder of the Heel, Alakaslam
Gargaglione | 2 | th3kuzinator, Aoi Inu
Gorf | 2 | Gargaglione, Adumbrodeus
TheTemplar | 2 | batsnacks, Ronike
Damdred | 1 | KyryK
Ronike | 1 |
batsnakcs | 1 | Gorf

Pg 12: #441 - #480
Grf [1] Gr.
Gr. [3] Kuz | Aoi | ad.
Gr. [2] Kuz | ad.

Gargaglione | 2 | th3kuzinator, Adumbrodeus
Gorf | 1 | Gargaglione
Damdred | 1 | KyryK
Ronike | 1 |
batsnakcs | 1 | Gorf

Pg 13: #481 - #520
-

Gargaglione | 2 | th3kuzinator, Adumbrodeus
Gorf | 1 | Gargaglione
Damdred | 1 | KyryK
Ronike | 1 |
batsnakcs | 1 | Gorf

Pg 14: #521 - #560
Gr. [1] ad.
Grf [2] Gr. | Kuz
Aoi [3] Trg | Hld | Ala
Grf [3] Gr. | Kuz | Mc
Trg [0]
Gr. [2] ad. | Raj
Grf [4] Gr. | Kuz | Mc | Ran
Tm [1] Rni
ad. [1] Bat

Gorf | 4 | Gargaglione, th3kuzinator, Mac, Ranmaru
Aoi Inu | 3 | The Real Gamer, Holder of the Heel, Alakaslam
Gargaglione | 2 | Adumbrodeus, Rajam
TheTemplar | 1 | Ronike
Damdred | 1 | KyryK
Ronike | 1 |
batsnakcs | 1 | Gorf
Adumbrodeus | 1 | batsnacks

Pg 15: #561 - #600
-

Gorf | 4 | Gargaglione, th3kuzinator, Mac, Ranmaru
Aoi Inu | 3 | The Real Gamer, Holder of the Heel, Alakaslam
TheTemplar | 1 | Ronike
Damdred | 1 | KyryK
Ronike | 1 |
batsnakcs | 1 | Gorf

Pg 16: #601 - #640
Bat [0]
Aoi [4]
Trg | Hld | Ala | Grf
Aoi [3] Hld | Ala | Grf
Grf [5] Gr. | Kuz | Mc | Ran | Trg
Grf [6] Gr. | Kuz | Mc | Ran | Trg | DJ

Gorf | 6 | Gargaglione, th3kuzinator, Mac, Ranmaru, The Real Gamer, DJCrinkleCut
Aoi Inu | 3 | Holder of the Heel, Alakaslam, Gorf
TheTemplar | 1 | Ronike
Damdred | 1 | KyryK
Ronike | 1 |

Pg 17: #641 - #680
Aoi [2] Hld | Grf
Grf [7] Gr. | Kuz | Mc | Ran | Trg | DJ | Ala

Gorf | 7 | Gargaglione, th3kuzinator, Mac, Ranmaru, The Real Gamer, DJCrinkleCut, Alakaslam
Aoi Inu | 2 | Holder of the Heel, Gorf
TheTemplar | 1 | Ronike
Damdred | 1 | KyryK
Ronike | 1 |

Pg 18: Current
-

Gorf | 7 | Gargaglione, th3kuzinator, Mac, Ranmaru, The Real Gamer, DJCrinkleCut, Alakaslam
TheTemplar | 1 | Ronike
Damdred | 1 | KyryK
Ronike | 1 |

TheTemplar | 1 | Ronike
Damdred | 1 | KyryK
Ronike | 1 |
Not Voting [3]: TheTemplar, Damdred, Aoi Inu

Currently Designated to be Lynched:

Gorf [7] - Gargaglione | the3kuzinator, Mac, Ranmaru, The Real Gamer, DJCrinkleCut, Alakaslam

Day 1 ends December 14, 23:59:59 GMT-7

Last edited:

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I see what you are saying. Like it's only part of the big picture, and he isn't looking at the whole picture. Which with Garg, I didn't see any suspicious activity besides those two quotes I talked about. That's why I say he's a weak scumread for me.

Ronike is null. I have seen plenty of questions and discussion from him, but no actual solid direction that can help me read him. Sure he voted Garg but it was a weak reason, and his KyryK vote was RVS. I look forward to more content from him later. Adum, also null, but simply because I can't read him ever. More mechanical I think, I don't get his direction with Garg.

How about you, opinions on Ronike and Adum?
pre much the same
Why's my push mechanical? I'm judging based on intent that I can read from his actions. What possible town intent can you read from baselessly discrediting people who suspect him? Were it in isolation I could see discrediting of Kuz based on a personal philosophy of "my word is my bond" but then also lying about my reasons for suspecting him?

Which way did Ronike flip in bingo? Didn't he do the same thing?

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
What in the ****ing hell is going on in this thread? Did everyone move to derpville?

Gorf gets lynched, Rajam gets vigged. Easy. Simple. That's it. We worry about the other disgusting slots running around later. Stop complicating obvious plays.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Sorry' I've been V/LA all day and probably won't catch up

Yes, I have access to outside-thread communication. Do I have to claim something else?

From what I've read, my reads are:

kuz town
TRG town
Ryu town
Mac scummy
Garg scum

I agree with the observation kuz made regarding the wording Garg used, and to add further, Garg's refusal to answer the question kuz made just doesn't fit as town, specially considering Garg himself said in some post kuz was a town read of him

First impression on Mac is still somewhat around. The post I made about him helping someone to hide his online status was (and still is) serious. Mac didn't do much else besides the claim thing to earn a town read anyways.

beatsnacks is also a troublesome slot. Not calling him scum, but rather I wanna make a callout on people town-reading him. Seems to me he aimed at establishing a town position on thread (aka he wanted people to town-read him), and I don't have an issue with that. The problem is what he did once people started to call him town. And from what I've read, he continued on pushing the worthless claim thing. That's not good. Not calling him scum yet because I need to read further to check what he was doing later.

Please, vig, for the love of all things holy, shoot this slot dead without remorse.

Ice and Fire

Zen | Macman
Rajam, anyone scumreading me should prolly rethink how they approach mafia.

Anyways I'm pre sure i asked you a couple questions a while back when you initially brought up the invisible ****

Damdred ain't even take me advice

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
Well

People have a lot of pissitude here, can't say I didn't call it.

But you know

I will always be between a rock and hard place so I will just be normal for the majority

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
It is hilarious

Every time I switch to the PM from Zenny for this game the ads IMMEDIATELY AND ALL switch to ads for crunchyroll anime streaming

Lololol

I do need to watch this though. I am starting the way of anime isms for all that- finally.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Why's my push mechanical? I'm judging based on intent that I can read from his actions. What possible town intent can you read from baselessly discrediting people who suspect him? Were it in isolation I could see discrediting of Kuz based on a personal philosophy of "my word is my bond" but then also lying about my reasons for suspecting him?

I'll take back the mechanical part. I just don't know how to say that I can't read you. Talk to me a bit more about Garg lying about your reasons for suspecting him? Also I don't remember, which Bingo? I only played in one Bingo. (I think this is the first time I got to play with Ronike)

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
With less than 3 hours left and the vast majority of votes on Gorf I'm going to assume this is the route most of us are content with taking.

Anyone who isn't needs to speak up, and fast.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Explain through what magic you to managed to do this? Going through the search feature right now and so far the only post that seems odd was that he was mentioning to vote for Kyryk (awful idea) and then proceeded to put that Aoi vote you, Ranmaru, was speaking of, as in his "reaction", proceeding to claim that he's wishy washy. Also before that he said he'd refute the case or either join it if two other slots don't gain traction and he doesn't actually wait to see if that happens before voting lol. Also I think he said I said something first with great skill? I didn't offer a case against him that I can remember. Seriously, I just don't understand.

I like that he brings up the lack of activity frequently. I mean, he seems like the type to be easily bored, but scum would probably be okay with things being quiet. In my mafia games that has FRUSTRATINGLY been the case.
Simple. I have played with him before, town and scum. As town we buddy alot but he has been working against me here. I also find him trying to paint Kuz as some influential player that everyone should be wary of, to discredit his Gorf push... which isn't even his. Kuz pushed Garg, not Gorf. He only said they would be scum independent of each other flipping scum. (Correct me if I'm wrong Kuz) Him scumreading Kuz early was forced as well, and him jumping to the Red Ryu vote with you was opportunistic. Him stating that you had a case was an obvious fabrication. The only way it COULD be SOMEHOW genuine was if he mistook for someone else's case, yet I wouldn't believe it because the timing would be off. He jumped along with you. He's pretty active as either alignment. I don't think scum being quiet would always be the case, it would be situational.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Is that all you have to say to that?

Would it be wrong if we were to get Alakaslam here to tell us the size of his communication group? I'm sure he has one, or at least would say he has one if hasn't already.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I'll take back the mechanical part. I just don't know how to say that I can't read you. Talk to me a bit more about Garg lying about your reasons for suspecting him? Also I don't remember, which Bingo? I only played in one Bingo. (I think this is the first time I got to play with Ronike)
Bingo was more directed at mac, he was in the game. Basically I had a scumcase on ronike with one of the centerpieces being that he lied about my reasoning, I end up getting quicklynched and when ronike flips he was scum. In the green room he admitted he was making **** up.

I'll directly quote what he said I said and what I said when I get a chance, heading to work this moment.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer

i was just agreein on you being null (tho with the ever so slight lean of town)

i've been skimming a lot recently and haven't reread any of the stuff i said i was gonna.. but we're headed in a good direction i think so i feel ok about postponing looking at the thread closer

bout to nock, see y'all during dawn

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
I am unsure if anybody will read the weak sauce refutation I have to Ranmaru.

But since it is true, imma go for it.

I am on a PC 5% of the time. Ask marshy; he can go on OMgUS and see that my ISP is "Sprint".

I don't think sprint serves a house. They are a cell phone carrier.

So.

Garg, gorf? It's GOOJ to me both times. Writing is small on a phone.

Top on to that gorf writes in green (LIGHT green) and Garg in BRIGHT yellow, and anyone who knows that I am of aperture
Aperture Labs, of Portal 2 fame, loves white walls
will know that reading that is difficult.

And aoi IS wishy washy. I still stand by that.

Ranmaru you are usually here and we disagree on gorf. But thanks to unflipped associations, I gotta save my own @$$.

And if that is scummy

Then, next post, welcome to school.

Top Bottom