• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Death Note Mafia - Game Thread - Ovah

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Mac, I think you are over-simplifying what Kuz was getting at. I get that you are defending him, but I don't think it's gut when you actually have reasons to express your suspicion. Gut is a feeling.
you can have a reason for something and it'd still be gut e.g.: "Oh XX player is using the word 'therefore' and I don't feel like XX player would use that word as much as town" it's a reason but doesn't really have any basis in scumhunting or what the person is actually doing in terms of gameplay...

eh actually I will concede that and say it's not gut per se, just a super reachy and irrelevant conclusion based off feelings more than gameplay.

anyways @ ranmaru ranmaru thoughts on Ronike and Adum?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Regardless, as I said, it was a trivial test given that I don't particular despite his slot, again I wanted to make a point. I'm more inclined to go back with Gorf, who had my vote just minutes before, but that's a bit frustrating when I know Gorf won't even be here.
Can you expand on this test and why it caused you to vote Red Ryu? I didn't see any initial suspicion of him from you if i can recall. (If I'm wrong, please correct me)
Also, what did you think of Alakaslam's reaction to it? What is your read on him?

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Exactly, I even defend Aoi before voting him. While TRG was getting onto Aoi for voting off of him to someone else while actually demonstrating openness to an alternate wagon. That was the point. But when I did it, he didn't care because at that point he just wanted people voting for him regardless of how sketchy they are. Though it should be said that I don't exactly "like" Aoi, as I do say Mac and Ronike.

Alakaslam annoys me and I skip what he says. Let me go back and look.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Are you referring to how he quickly followed me with his own vote?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
His response and vote. I consider them both reactions.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Also, what results did you gain from that 'test'. You can just call it a gambit, it'd be easier for everyone to understand here. How did that affect your read on TRG? Also please still give your read on Alakaslam if you haven't by now. If you have ignore that part.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
you can have a reason for something and it'd still be gut e.g.: "Oh XX player is using the word 'therefore' and I don't feel like XX player would use that word as much as town" it's a reason but doesn't really have any basis in scumhunting or what the person is actually doing in terms of gameplay...

eh actually I will concede that and say it's not gut per se, just a super reachy and irrelevant conclusion based off feelings more than gameplay.

anyways @ ranmaru ranmaru thoughts on Ronike and Adum?
I see what you are saying. Like it's only part of the big picture, and he isn't looking at the whole picture. Which with Garg, I didn't see any suspicious activity besides those two quotes I talked about. That's why I say he's a weak scumread for me.

Ronike is null. I have seen plenty of questions and discussion from him, but no actual solid direction that can help me read him. Sure he voted Garg but it was a weak reason, and his KyryK vote was RVS. I look forward to more content from him later. Adum, also null, but simply because I can't read him ever. More mechanical I think, I don't get his direction with Garg.

How about you, opinions on Ronike and Adum?

KyryK

Smash Cadet
@ KyryK KyryK , my #95 if you will.

KyryK: Again, I have only seen him start of RVS with the RNG thing. Null. Yet, one little thing I have noticed is that he asked people questions and didn't care to follow up until called out on it. He wasn't present to actually show the results of his work. I also didn't like how he was budding onto Bats so early. He was more focused on soft-defending him rather than finding scum. (IE "What do you specifically disagree with wrt Bats")
I forgot about my first question and i pressed Mac to answer the second one as soon as he posted after i asked it. The fact that his first post after i asked my second question was a callout is irrelevant, i would've pressed it anyway. Also fyi not showing the results of my questions is common for me, i do it as either alignment and people i haven't played with before always find me scummy for it.

KyryK

Smash Cadet
Holy ****ing **** guys.

Look at batsnack's early game play. He went ape**** over Mac/Ronike pushing forth the idea of claiming if you're able to speak outside of the thread. As it continues, he starts calling them scummy because he assumes that "speaking outside of the thread" equates to masonry.

This is CLEARLY someone new to our woods of the internet not understanding the mechanics of this game. Guess the **** what? I have access to a neighborhood-type chat outside of this game and Mac being the first made me realize that there's probably multiple ones.

I'm pretty damn sure at least 1 scum or several have knowledge of these neighborhoods. It'd be too easy if Zenny just put a bunch of townies in them and the scum didn't know jack**** about them; I think from a game design perspective it's better to put mole(s) in them. Therefore, batsnack's confusion over outside communication makes him unlikely to be scum and more just confused about what the **** is going on with that. It's obviously a theme of this game and it's silly that people are playing dumb about it.

I thought this was obvious. I thought batsnack was obviously Town making weird assumptions due to being misplaced in this meta. The fact that Gorf came in here trying to push the OPPOSITE idea reeked of bull**** to me, ESPECIALLY when he tried to link batsnack to Real Gamer. Like I can't believe Gorf came in here trying to **** on a universal townread and LINK HIM TO A PLAYER THAT WAS NULL GETTING WAGONED FOR DISCUSSION PURPOSES and NO ONE gave a ****! There's your damn reason, now vote Gorf.

Also, for the love of god, do NOT protect kuz and instead go for Mac. kuz is just going to keep ****ting on dayphases with awful nulltells and his push of me over Gorf MORE than demonstrates his incompetence.
What makes you so sure that Gorf was bull****ting an opinion as opposed to naturally coming to a different one? And the "link" was just him pointing out a perceived inconsistency, are you actually trying to claim that he was trying to paint them as scumbuddies?

KyryK

Smash Cadet
Why?

@Aoi Inu Talk to me. I see you viewing. Give me thoughts on Holder/KyryK/Alaka?
Because of everything he said on the last page. Not content wise because i didn't really understand it, but that's the point. Slam posts in a very specific way as town that's easy to see if you play with him enough. Seriously, if Slam makes sense he's more often than not scum, if he phrases things in such a way so they look like nonsense while actually having a message behind them, something he's certainly done on the last page but i currently have no idea what he was trying to say, then he's likely town.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Sure.

At first I didn't think much of the RNG stuff from Kyryk, but after we discussed how outside comm groups likely work, it gave me a better understanding of certain aspects about this game that I should be looking out for. So I reread and the first post that stood out like a sore thumb was said RNG post.

Roll up, roll up! Er...person below me at least. Pick a number from 1 to 14, the number will be used to pick someone from a randomized version of the playerlist for me to vote for. Why not 17 you ask? Well i've taken my scumbuddies off the list, i'm not gonna risk voting for them am i. ;)
On the surface level this looks like a largely anti-town method of getting a vote on someone during RVS, but as another player pointed out (Bats I think?), I thought it was very strange that he wanted a number between 1-14 since there are 17 players in this game.

After receiving a couple of votes he then made the following post:

Just because you don't see what it'll accomplish doesn't mean it won't accomplish anything. Just remember, western education is sinful. Gaah! Sorry, thought i was Slam there for a second. Now if you'll pick a number it'll be very helpful to me.
This bolded parts are very telling. Kyryk is not only subtly letting us know that there is actual intent behind wanting a number between 1-14, but he's PUSHING for it despite the fact that its leading to votes being put on him. It's still a null read from me at this point, but I can at least piece together that there was a lot more going on here than meets the eye, which leads to the following post from me:

Now that I have a better understanding of how this game works I just reread some stuff and I clearly missed out on cues that I should have picked up on much earlier.
Then after @ Holder of the Heel Holder of the Heel shared his knowledge of the setup in posts #348, #354, and #361 (great posts btw that I think are very likely to come from town mindset) that's when the pieces came together and I started wondering if Kyryk was trying to communicate with his outside group somehow.

Then Kyryk confirms my suspicions later in the game with the following post:

Ronike, why 14? Well seeing as we all know we have out of thread communication now there's no harm in saying i was trying to let the people in my group know i was in it without making it too obvious.
Kyryk breadcrumbing so early in the game is clearly a town tell based on the fact that Mafia already knows whos is in their comm group at the start of the game, so they have 0 reason to stick their neck out and push for the crumb like Kyryk did.

If Kyryk did all of this as scum just as an attempt to look town it's a very high risk low reward play since it obviously led to so much suspicion being put on him, but in hindsight it's clear to see why the gamble would be worth it as town.

I COULD be wrong (nothing is 100% in Mafia until a flip is revealed), but I'm pretty damn positive Kyryk is town.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
With all that being said can someone please point me to the post that gives info on how to search an individual's posts? The above was a pain in the ass to dig through. :(

I'll address some other stuff later if someone can help me out on that.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
@haters

yea i skimmed up a lot of whats been going on but honestly the consensus seems to be defaulting to my lynch cuz i havent been here to explain where i was coming from. ultimately i came in at a time when the batsnacks topic was hot and didnt have much else to comment on. at this point i can honestly say that i have READ read up to like maybe page 7 or somewhere around that. im NOT going to be here tonight cuz im either going to a friends or studying and dealing with a ****ing bedbug problem. if im lynched, know that im part of outside communication and i KNOW we dont know alignments of each other. hopefully i dont die toDay but... well i guess heres to shamelessly sheeping the other popular wagon

##aoi inu

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
-snip- on why Kyryk can live
Sure. I'll buy it for now.

Past Gorf, I am looking at Rajam and Damdred for reasons already stated. If someone has an ability where they can kill people, Rajam should be the one to die.

I also realized how many nulls we have, people are going to have start dying if we're to make progress.

I don't have anything else to say this phase.

KyryK

Smash Cadet
@haters

yea i skimmed up a lot of whats been going on but honestly the consensus seems to be defaulting to my lynch cuz i havent been here to explain where i was coming from. ultimately i came in at a time when the batsnacks topic was hot and didnt have much else to comment on. at this point i can honestly say that i have READ read up to like maybe page 7 or somewhere around that. im NOT going to be here tonight cuz im either going to a friends or studying and dealing with a ****ing bedbug problem. if im lynched, know that im part of outside communication and i KNOW we dont know alignments of each other. hopefully i dont die toDay but... well i guess heres to shamelessly sheeping the other popular wagon

##aoi inu
I'm not sure if this is scummy or just lazy but if you keep playing like this i'm happy to see you lynched, if you still haven't done anything to try and push the game forward by tomorrow you've got my vote. Or does the day end tonight? Not sure, been kinda lazy about this game so far myself (ohh that's good hypocrisy).
Also:
Gorf, need some actual reads from you man. Also, did you seriously claim miller?

KyryK

Smash Cadet
Sure. I'll buy it for now.

Past Gorf, I am looking at Rajam and Damdred for reasons already stated. If someone has an ability where they can kill people, Rajam should be the one to die.

I also realized how many nulls we have, people are going to have start dying if we're to make progress.

I don't have anything else to say this phase.
*Ahem*
What makes you so sure that Gorf was bull****ting an opinion as opposed to naturally coming to a different one? And the "link" was just him pointing out a perceived inconsistency, are you actually trying to claim that he was trying to paint them as scumbuddies?

DJCrinkleCut

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DJCrinkleCut
I said before that Garg's points made sense to me. I also said that I would hear Gorf out, but he comes in and basically says he's not going to say anything.
If he's not going to defend himself, I see no reason for not lynching him.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Hey Alakaslam. Why aren't you voting Gorf? He presented himself. What did you think of his #618?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
So what is it that you want people to do? What is your goal?

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
Or at least lynch someone where there can be a reason

I guess gorf kind of is that because Kuz SVENGALI but really, seriously. Who is to say gorf pressure is not just to get some read

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Why is that? Why does Red Ryu deserve it more than Gorf?

Top Bottom