• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

GanonkingAbyss

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if this has already been found or discussed, but setting c stick to grab makes Dedede's standing chain grab much easier. With z/x(when I tried it, though it worked better than z did) I usually hold it too long when buffering a grab and I end up shielding, but because c stick only sends one input(I think) you only have to worry about buffering it correctly.

Xubble

Smash Ace
Interesting. I've developed the habit of flicking my index finger across my Z button to prevent possibly shielding.

Also, I need my Smash cstick for aerials and momentum canceling (I flick for bair like crazy). A-sticking is too wonky for my taste. :\

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
About his MUs, very funnily, I find Diddy much easier to fight with DDD than with my secondaries (Marth and G&W). I play against the only remaining true Diddy main in LI (and maybe all of NY), Nuke, and I consistently bring him down to one stock at high %'s or I beat him with my DDD but I can never even come close with my other characters. :-/

Xubble

Smash Ace
Experience and comfort (in playing a specific character) can really make a difference in character selection, regardless of the MU.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Experience and comfort (in playing a specific character) can really make a difference in character selection, regardless of the MU.
That's the only way you can explain why people would pick any non-MK character Zelda.

Bobwithlobsters

Smash Journeyman
I find it funny that I have been watching a lot of atomsk on youtube on the CLASHTournament channel and have yet to see him go DDD. Nothing but MK in singles and a little bit of wario in doubles. The really funny part though is I am loving watching his MK instead of being sad at the lack of DDD.

Atomsk, I was just wondering what you would say the percentage usage of the different characters you use is? I know you use a bunch of different characters and am interested in knowing approximately how much of each you would say you use.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
I find it funny that I have been watching a lot of atomsk on youtube on the CLASHTournament channel and have yet to see him go DDD. Nothing but MK in singles and a little bit of wario in doubles. The really funny part though is I am loving watching his MK instead of being sad at the lack of DDD.

Atomsk, I was just wondering what you would say the percentage usage of the different characters you use is? I know you use a bunch of different characters and am interested in knowing approximately how much of each you would say you use.

I use DDD MK and Wario generally equally. There's just certain days where I feel my MK more than some other characters. My Wario randomly is a god so I'll be using him more. There's also plenty of vids on that channel of me from whobo where I mostly went DDD/Wario.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I'm actually 6'4 1/2 for the record. My driver's license says 6'5'' though.

Also, I have not touched Brawl in about a month due to Coney-like levels of salt related to bad MUs.

I've cleansed the sodium out of my body and I am ready to get back in the ring. I have a legacy to fulfill as the next Purple penguin contender.

And yes, the guide too. About 65% done.

Also: HOLY **** Beef and CO18 are THAT tall? WTF?

EDIT2: Big D is 6'9''?! THE ****? I thought I was tall. Holy **** lmaoooo.

ZTD | TECHnology

So just an FYI:

The BBR will be discussing the MUs again and making a revised MU Chart 3.0. I have been chosen to be the leader of the Dedede panel and within a few months, I will have to create a panel so that we can discuss the MUs and debate against other character boards if needed. Last year, you did not have to be in the BBR to be in the Panel ( I wasn't in the BBR at that time) and I'm pretty sure it'll be the same. So if anyone is interested let me know.

Please be knowledgeable.

Please be active.

Xubble

Smash Ace
While not quite as active of a Smasher as most, I consider myself fairly knowledgeable regarding a lot of matchups. I understand if I'm not asked, but I'd like to be. >_>

ZTD | TECHnology

I have to wait for "SAMI" to give me more information on the selection process and how many we're allowed but I'll be scoping out potential candidates. I just wanna see who's interested. I just had Big D in mind initially. I may PM you guys and ask you questions. So C.J. and Xubble I'll be in touch.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Bubba uses mk? :o
No, I don't. I'm a true-and-blue DDD main with serious secondaries in Marth and G&W. Other than Apex 2012, I've only gone those three in tournament. I do know some MK things as he was my favorite char before the game came out (and during its mostly casual stages).

So just an FYI:

The BBR will be discussing the MUs again and making a revised MU Chart 3.0. I have been chosen to be the leader of the Dedede panel and within a few months, I will have to create a panel so that we can discuss the MUs and debate against other character boards if needed. Last year, you did not have to be in the BBR to be in the Panel ( I wasn't in the BBR at that time) and I'm pretty sure it'll be the same. So if anyone is interested let me know.

Please be knowledgeable.

Please be active.
Yes, I believe I am all of these things. :) I've been playing with a Top Level Lucario (John12346) and a high level Diddy (Nuke) and a few others, so hopefully I get to participate in this debate. :bee: Btw, TC, where can I find all the relevant information to this upcoming MU Chart 3.0 debate?

Wow, I'm sorry. I keep forgetting. I often post on Smashmods and there, if you double post, it just automatically merges it with your previous post. (>.<)

ZTD | TECHnology

You can't access it yet because they haven't posted anything yet. And even if they did, it would probably just be in the BBR since its BBR managed project. Last year they just sent me a PM out of the blue, I accepted, and was given temporary access to the forum where they discuss all the MUs and stuff. The archives from version 2 are now completely locked. I can't even access them lol. If you are selected, you will probably given temp.access to the Panel forum.

Xubble

Smash Ace
We probably should. We only got through Falco, Snake, and Ganondorf (I think that's it.).

I really want to see D3 vs. ICs (because I've never played it or seen it get played) and Sheilda (I find it hard to believe that it's -1 honestly).

Exdeath

Smash Master
We probably should. We only got through Falco, Snake, and Ganondorf (I think that's it.).

I really want to see D3 vs. ICs (because I've never played it or seen it get played) and Sheilda (I find it hard to believe that it's -1 honestly).
The only time that the match-up at high-level has been seen for quite a while is Ed vs. Seibrik and Ed victory was quite decisive.

IMO Zelda is one of the best characters in the game at killing :dedede:.

Zekeishere

Smash Ace
The only time that the match-up at high-level has been seen for quite a while is Ed vs. Seibrik and Ed victory was quite decisive.

IMO Zelda is one of the best characters in the game at killing :dedede:.
I think its like +1 for DDD. Seibrik's MU knowledge is so weird lol but then he gets ***** by certain things.

Ed is so fun to play against though.

| Big D |

Smash Master
Some of these are a bit old but still good.

Coney vs Teh Future

Atomsk vs Roller

4GOD vs Esam

From what I've played, you want to make use of pivot grab + pummels to separate them and proceed to wreck Nana off stage. Use ftilt to disrupt desynced approaches (this part is somewhat a lie) and jump whenever you feel uncomfortable. Rising dair is a good way to escape if they dash at you. Lux says this character is like Olimar so you would have to play it like an Olimar.

Of course as an ICs player I would want to approach this mu with nothing but blizzard walls to not get pivot grabbed and force Dedede into the air so I can juggle him with upairs.

Xubble

Smash Ace
I understand Sheik being even since we can't chaingrab and she combos us so well, but she can't kill us.

But changing to Zelda tears down her mobility and her ability to keep us at bay. Sure, she'll transform when we're at high %, but I feel like a safe D3 that knows what he's doing can make this transformation a hindrance.

For ICs: How farfetched is it to separate Nana and chaingrab Popo away (if the opportunity presents itself)?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I suggest more D3s use f smash against ICs. it cant be punished if they shield. and its so slow and strong that people wont risk trying to PS it. and people will be scared of it and do random things, so theres a chance of it randomly hitting nana.

i feel its a legitimate factor in the matchup.

Exdeath

Smash Master
I think its like +1 for DDD. Seibrik's MU knowledge is so weird lol but then he gets ***** by certain things.

Ed is so fun to play against though.
Ed said that he only recently figured out the MU, and I don't think that he's dropped a set since then.

C.J. for verification.

I will agree that Ed is fun to play against. :laugh:

Bobwithlobsters

Smash Journeyman
If I am not mistaken ddd's down air can actually challenge ice climbers up air. That makes air camping them so much more of an actual option.

On the zelda topic. I think they designed her up smash to specifically shield poke ddd. I'm constantly having that shield poke me in that match up.

:phone:

C.J.

Smash Master
Ed said that he only recently figured out the MU, and I don't think that he's dropped a set since then.

C.J. for verification.

I will agree that Ed is fun to play against. :laugh:
All I can say for sure is that my DDD used to troll him. Now I get 2 stocked

:phone:

Exdeath

Smash Master
I suggest more D3s use f smash against ICs. it cant be punished if they shield. and its so slow and strong that people wont risk trying to PS it. and people will be scared of it and do random things, so theres a chance of it randomly hitting nana.

i feel its a legitimate factor in the matchup.
Dsmash is safer on start-up and in case they do power shield it. The thing about Fsmash is that if they read it or you try to hold the charge, they can start a Neutral B desync out of Fsmash's range and grab you for it. With that said, Fsmash is one of my favorite tools in the MU and Fsmash made a set reversal for me vs. the top local :popo: player here.

Top Bottom