• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

Exdeath

Smash Master
Like I said, the thing about Fsmash vs. :popo: is that it's safe initially, but the situation that it puts you in is pretty bad if they know to use Neutral B.

As for :metaknight:, I feel like the match-up is bad because he destroy's :dedede:'s landings, ledge guards/traps him terribly, and is arguably the most difficult character to kill.

Link? I can't find it anywhere.
http://archive.org/details/Music_for_Life_Musics

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
But what if IC's just sit there and shield the fsmash? Don't they have enough time after the shield stun to run and grab you? Or does their traction suck that bad?
yes, just try it if you dont believe me. it pushes them back like 1/3rd of the stage.

start throwing it out around 30-50. thats when youll get that surprise low percent kill.

Xubble

Smash Ace
Jet hammer for landing mixups is fun. If they try to maneuver away from a possible Inhale (i.e. roll behind you), you can turn around and THWACK!!

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
My god, I agree, please Fsmash ICs lol
4GOD is the best at the MU imo

Man has the will of steel to make the magic happen

White91

Smash Apprentice
Up tilt ***** mks everything tho, pikachu is so much harder to kill, cause he's always flyin around and junk with the quick attack. Pika has that damn chain grab till about 80 and trying to get back on with the damn yellow line from the heavens. I'm tellin ya, pika is the only character I actually need a counter for

:phone:

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Up tilt ***** mks everything tho, pikachu is so much harder to kill, cause he's always flyin around and junk with the quick attack. Pika has that damn chain grab till about 80 and trying to get back on with the damn yellow line from the heavens. I'm tellin ya, pika is the only character I actually need a counter for

Any MK who knows the MU, knows how good Up Tilt is for us. And due to the hitbox of the move and the decent ending lag, its not hard to remove yourself from.situations Up Tilt is viable, nor is it difficult to bait and punish the move with MK's quick moveset.

And avoiding the CG isn't that hard from.Pikachu. Patience will help eliminate that situation. And Thunder isn't that scary in my opinion. Like, I've played a few top.Pikachus and I'm not convinced the MU is that bad. Everyone has MUs they personally hate though. Sometimes playstyle dictates difficulty in certain MUs. Like I don't even sweat Falco anymore but I hate Fox lol.

Bobwithlobsters

Smash Journeyman
Hey techchase, isn't tutu the shiek/zelda player from your region? He came to mn a couple months ago and destroyed my ddd and was wondering if you had any advice in the matchup.

White91

Smash Apprentice
Maybe it is playstyle, I play lamb a lot and he is the only fella I have a lot of difficulty with, on the falco side of things tho your right, I don't find falco bad anymore, stay off the ground untill your 50 percent and your laughin

ZTD | TECHnology

Yeah there's two sides to the Playstyle coin.

Part 1: When you yourself have a specific and finite playstyle and the tools that an opponent has hinder or completely nullify your base strategy causing you to play awkwardly and not think things out. This is why Olimar is my most feared MU by far. In that MU for example, you have to play a very specific way (Rush Down DDD) and constantly apply pressure and force mistakes because it's the only way you're going to get in. Olimar can just play too safely and **** passiveness. My default style is very big on heavily punishing over commitments and mistakes. So I have to flip the script and to do that at the drop of a hat....it's not easy.

Part 2: This scenario happens when the opponent has a specific playstyle that counters yours. Characters like Pikachu and Metaknight can be played in a lot of different ways due to their relatively high number of options and utility in their moveset. For example, the top MK of Nova Scotia could be as good as you and you consider him to be easy because of how he plays and yet, a mid ranked MK of B.C. could give you serious issues because of how he plays. It could be that you're used to playing against Pikachus of a certain play style (mid to lower high level Pikachus play reallllllly similarly most of the time. The high and top level ones seem like you're playing against a different character btw). Educate yourself on Pikachu's moveset (pretty much all of his moves have utility) and find out why the Pikachu in your area gives you issues. Ask yourself, what can you do differently? Ask yourself, what does he do that is so different from other Pikachus? Why are you getting with Thunder so much? Are you pre-emptively airdodging? Are you doing it too late? (Sometimes just Up-Bing through Thunder works wonders. I'd rather pay 12% to get back on the stage than, die at 70% off the top because of a bad judgment call). With MUs like Pikachu, you have to know their various playstyles. If you honestly believe you can handle Olimar, ICs, MK and Diddy with Dedede just fine, you can handle Pikachu. I promise you.

Seriously, if I run up to dash attack sheik gets hit, run up shield-grab the jet hammer pushes me too far back to punish with anything. I'm forced to jump or throw needles, but if i throw them from a close mid range you can DI into me and get a free grab which leads into horrible horrible things. So realistically I'm forced to jump, but then you can either read my jump and swing, or swing on the ground and then trap my landing afterwards.

It's so hard to deal with.

| Big D |

Smash Master
Yeah there's two sides to the Playstyle coin.

Part 1: When you yourself have a specific and finite playstyle and the tools that an opponent has hinder or completely nullify your base strategy causing you to play awkwardly and not think things out. This is why Olimar is my most feared MU by far. In that MU for example, you have to play a very specific way (Rush Down DDD) and constantly apply pressure and force mistakes because it's the only way you're going to get in. Olimar can just play too safely and **** passiveness. My default style is very big on heavily punishing over commitments and mistakes. So I have to flip the script and to do that at the drop of a hat....it's not easy.

Part 2: This scenario happens when the opponent has a specific playstyle that counters yours. Characters like Pikachu and Metaknight can be played in a lot of different ways due to their relatively high number of options and utility in their moveset. For example, the top MK of Nova Scotia could be as good as you and you consider him to be easy because of how he plays and yet, a mid ranked MK of B.C. could give you serious issues because of how he plays. It could be that you're used to playing against Pikachus of a certain play style (mid to lower high level Pikachus play reallllllly similarly most of the time. The high and top level ones seem like you're playing against a different character btw). Educate yourself on Pikachu's moveset (pretty much all of his moves have utility) and find out why the Pikachu in your area gives you issues. Ask yourself, what can you do differently? Ask yourself, what does he do that is so different from other Pikachus? Why are you getting with Thunder so much? Are you pre-emptively airdodging? Are you doing it too late? (Sometimes just Up-Bing through Thunder works wonders. I'd rather pay 12% to get back on the stage than, die at 70% off the top because of a bad judgment call). With MUs like Pikachu, you have to know their various playstyles. If you honestly believe you can handle Olimar, ICs, MK and Diddy with Dedede just fine, you can handle Pikachu. I promise you.
What I got from that was mid ranked BC MKs > Top ranked NS MKs

White91

Smash Apprentice
NS would beat BC anyday but they are too damn scared to do anything about it
Last ns tournament someone from out west went to, firefly came like... 9th? How does he do out there?

Bobwithlobsters

Smash Journeyman
I would love a write up techchase. I would save it in case we ever discuss the matchup on these boards to spread the knowledge.

on a side note is that picture for your avatar taken in minnesota? I remember something about that picture popping up in our local boards.

ZTD | TECHnology

I would love a write up techchase. I would save it in case we ever discuss the matchup on these boards to spread the knowledge.

on a side note is that picture for your avatar taken in minnesota? I remember something about that picture popping up in our local boards.

He's Axton from Borderlands 2 actually. My new favorite in the game.

And yeah after mid terms this week, I'll hit you up.

Bobwithlobsters

Smash Journeyman
I would say you guys should come up again sometime but considering that was the last big tournament that has happened in mn, actually I don't think there has been a tourney since that one at all... So maybe we should come down and see you guys instead.

A I am baffled as to why breezy had a tutu...

C.J.

Smash Master
Are there things/places you guys can't do/go to because you associate them with bad memories?

Examples aren't necessary at all. Just collecting data.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Are there things/places you guys can't do/go to because you associate them with bad memories?

Examples aren't necessary at all. Just collecting data.

Some series/movies/mangas I stopped liking at a point because of someone, yeah....
I don't really think of it much anymore (I probably blocked it?), and I don't really want to think of it atm.

Top Bottom