• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DBR Presents: GENESIS 2 :: ROUND 1 SINGLES POOLS ARE UP - GENESISDBR.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
scar's going

also, now that i think about it, i think my favorite part of this will be cheering on the people i know and are better than me, LOL. i mean i dont really get to do that at a local, since we're all from the same region.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
i'm gonna be posting updates on twitter for anyone who's interested

www.twitter.com/trahh

also im gonna be earlier than my hotel people thursday, is every room gonna be smash kids? someone lemme come play with them :p (preferably shieks/peaches!)

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
I'm too excited! Bad thing I suffer insomnia but at least I can get ready for the Genesis Carpool. :glare:

ozg82889

Smash Journeyman
scar's going

also, now that i think about it, i think my favorite part of this will be cheering on the people i know and are better than me, LOL. i mean i dont really get to do that at a local, since we're all from the same region.
the cheering for people is always fun a friend lost his voice cheering last time. it was weird being one of the few rooting for armada when everyone was for for mang0 though. hopefully armada wins it this time.

Dimitris

Smash Ace
EddyMexico Vs AXE will be great show. Scar Vs. SilentWolf and Kou Vs. Hugs will prolly be dope as **** too.
Yeah, want to see how HugS vs Kou turns out too. People say Japan isn't on the same level at the moment, but you never know how fast he adapts.

Giannis

Smash Cadet
Sidefx, are you planning to leave Browny and Rain in the same pool? It seems kind of unfair to me,since they are international players and all...

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Sephiroths Masamune. I believe that's the one whose listed in the pools.

Well. I didn't sleep. That's what the plane is for and a nap at the hotel if needed be. I'll see y'all there.

shanus

Smash Hero
Project M roster announced for Saturday's tourney:

Characters:
  • Wario
  • Mario
  • Luigi
  • Bowser
  • Donkey Kong
  • Captain Falcon
  • Ganondorf
  • Falco
  • Fox
  • Ness
  • Zelda
  • Sheik
  • Link
  • Toon Link
  • Lucario
  • Jigglypuff
  • Charizard
  • Squirtle
  • Zero Suit Samus
  • Marth
  • Ike
  • ROB
  • Game and Watch
  • Snake
  • Sonic

malva00

Smash Master
64 people should post their hotel room numbers and/or phone numbers to Isai's PM box or phone me at 780-218-4450.

-boom

steep

Smash Lord
So I'm just curious, do you have to be the best in your pool to make it out? At a lot of smaller tourneys it's like top three, etc. Is it just top 1 here?

Tommy Pickles

Smash Apprentice
ill try and look if i can put you in another pool but thats how seeding goes. sure its crappy luck but its either mango or pp or someone else thats on that tier, your seeding places you in that section of pools so if i have to move you it wont be any better. ill try though and see if i can fit you anywhere else.
Id much rather play PP or Armada or Hbox, at least Iv never played them before. Its just every national I have been to I seem to always get put into Mango's pool...

Thank you

Beat!

Smash Master
Maybe he divided the world into "USA" and "everything else" and thought it would be unfair to have two people from (roughly) the same place play each other.

:awesome:

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Japan and Australia in the same pool is perfectly fine lol it's not like they play each other.

Djent

Smash Champion
Hype-*** R1 Pools Matches Ahoy!

Melee:
Pool 18: Leffen :falcomelee: :yoshimelee: vs. GERM :linkmelee: (Good potential for some low-tier on low-tier action...or not, according to Beat! :awesome:)
Pool 20: S2J :falconmelee: vs. Darrell :samusmelee: (The :falconmelee: that beat Axe vs. the :samusmelee: that beat Hax!)
Pool 26: MacD :peachmelee: vs. Abate :luigimelee: (Mark my words, you'll see both of these guys in bracket.)
Pool 28: Silent Wolf :foxmelee: vs. Scar :falconmelee: (This is something I'd expect in a R2 pool. :embarrass:)
Pool 31: Wobbles :icsmelee: vs. Joeplicate :foxmelee: (It's funny 'cuz they're both underrated and they've both beaten Jman...)

Brawl:
Pool 1: Havok :metaknightbrawl: :snakebrawl: :marthbrawl: vs. Hylian :icsbrawl: :gwbrawl: (Seriously, whose idea was it to have these guys play R1? :glare:)
Pool 12: Rich Brown :olimarbrawl: vs. Denti :olimarbrawl: (A great Olimar vs. a good Olimar, and there can only be one top seed. Rough...)
Pool 19: Dekar :diddybrawl: vs. Tearbear :metaknightbrawl: (A bit stacked for R1, don't you think?!?)
Pool 24: Trevonte :foxbrawl: vs. Krystedez :wariobrawl: :pitbrawl: (Both of these players have some big names under their belts...)
Pool 28: Shaky :nessbrawl: vs. GimR :gwbrawl: :falcobrawl: (Both of these players have had Top 10 finishes...my money's on GimR, though.)

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Lol hopefully my pool gets changed. I made tyrant get 2nd seed at whobo and then he lost 1st round to zeton and losers was all sorts of stacked lol.

:phone:

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Hey all, few reminders:
- Please bring setups, especially Wiis! Norcal Brawl we need you to come through! You will get food vouchers (~$5) in return.
- Registration tonight starts around 6PM at the TO hotel room. It's the corner room on the pool side, shouldn't be too hard to find.
- Start time of the tournament is now 11 AM. Check-in/warmups start at 9 AM. Please get there early!
- If you have experience running pools, please help us out and volunteer when you check in. We will give you food vouchers if you do a good job!

See you all there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom