• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DBR Presents: GENESIS 2 :: ROUND 1 SINGLES POOLS ARE UP - GENESISDBR.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.

The King

Smash Ace
Posting this again to gather attention to it:

ATTENTION!

We are still in great need of smashers stepping up to the plate who can bring Wii/Gamecube/N64 setups and 19"+ TV's! We definitely can't do this without the community, and with 500 expected entrants, we should have more stations than we could possibly know what to do with so long as everyone does their part!

Remember! For every full system setup or compatible TV you bring, you'll receive a voucher for free food & drink at the tournament from our stocked concession stand!

No matter if you're a local smasher or coming from out of state, anyone who has so much as a backpack can do our great community a wonderful service by packing a system setup for use during the tournament! All equipment will be logged & secured, with someone specifically guarding the venue to make sure your equipment is safe during Genesis II.

So in short: Bring setups and TV's if you can, and post in my thread that you'll be able to contribute to the best worldwide tournament of 2011!
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=305273

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
I've only seen glimpses of Wobbles' potential, but it is basically like this

utterly terrifying.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
Tech chase 0-death every stock =O
with great reaction time + no choke'sies, this is easily possible. i'm glad it's one of those things that aren't encouraged, cause a shiek could most likely win an entire game doing this if they had the patience :bee:

ahhhh so sooooon can't waitttt!

i'm down to MM anyone in melee!
[ i'm fox/falco]

hit me up :D

TRAHHHHHHHH

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Posting this again to gather attention to it:

ATTENTION!

We are still in great need of smashers stepping up to the plate who can bring Wii/Gamecube/N64 setups and 19"+ TV's! We definitely can't do this without the community, and with 500 expected entrants, we should have more stations than we could possibly know what to do with so long as everyone does their part!

Remember! For every full system setup or compatible TV you bring, you'll receive a voucher for free food & drink at the tournament from our stocked concession stand!

No matter if you're a local smasher or coming from out of state, anyone who has so much as a backpack can do our great community a wonderful service by packing a system setup for use during the tournament! All equipment will be logged & secured, with someone specifically guarding the venue to make sure your equipment is safe during Genesis II.

So in short: Bring setups and TV's if you can, and post in my thread that you'll be able to contribute to the best worldwide tournament of 2011!
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=305273
bumping cause this is VERY important.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
sidefx IM'd saying the download/upload was atrocious... sure enough, it was.

all of the 4G spots around here have data caps so we would go through that cap in 10 min flat =/

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
sidefx IM'd saying the download/upload was atrocious... sure enough, it was.

all of the 4G spots around here have data caps so we would go through that cap in 10 min flat =/
I'm sure no one would be dissatisfied with pictures and Twitter updates. (I wonder why pictures are never used as updates, they really hype up a tourney).

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite

check em

I'm still looking around myself to see what options we have as far as streaming goes. Strong_Bad just offered his T-Mobile 4G internet but I'm not sure about data caps.

Giannis

Smash Cadet
Did you try asking the venue owners/supervisors about the internet? Because I think I read somewhere that it was supposed to be a connection...

Giannis

Smash Cadet
wtf, greek smashers? :bee:
Yes,there are a couple of those too. And I mean it literally, of all the greeks that own the game, only me and a friend even know what DI is. Talking about some community:bee:

sidefx

Smash Champion
So for the last few months, the internet at the venue has been down and we were assured that it would be fixed and up and running before genesis.

so after many trips back and forth talking to the "tech" guys there and notifications and emails that it was fixed, i went back today to speedtest it cause i was told by the grounds manager that it had a 12mbps upload speed.

speedtested it and it was the same result as last time.

... yeah. i dont have words to describe how furious i am right now.

so after spending a good hour yelling at everyone at their offices, i went to plan B.

which was to secure a 4g hotspot so we can use that to stream. turns out every where i checked that has service out to the fairgrounds area, has a data cap. They basically laughed at me when i mentioned live stream.

So, now.. ive been notified by bionic (the grand master of the universe and savior of the g2 livestream) that Strong bad has 4g tethering with unlimited data.

So were going to tether his phone to bionics computer, and using PDAnet, extend an ethernet cable to my laptop and secure both brawl and melee livestreams.

if all goes well, we will have a livestream up. Im trying to do everything within my power to have it up and running.

edit: HOW THE **** DOES THAT **** HAVE 2 1/2 STARS

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Since the venue didn't come with something they promised, you should compromise the price down a little bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom