• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DBR Presents: GENESIS 2 :: ROUND 1 SINGLES POOLS ARE UP - GENESISDBR.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
It doesn't bother me THAT much, I just seriously don't feel like dealing with pricks who just wanna disrespect a game they'd get ***** in. It's not like this is just the internet, we will be at the same place in a year from now.

Done now, continue to be bad Melee players (smirk)
didnt you get like 3 stocked by SCAR

hahahahahahahahahaha east coast

*sniffle* oh man

ill falco ditto MM you in melee for $100 at genesis, you down?

not playing you in brawl since id fall asleep halfway through the first match >_> sorry

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
holy ****

genesis 1 was so amazing...i have to make it to this.

genesis 1 also had the best smasher hotel out of any tourney. and across the street from an in and out...*faints*

pockyD

Smash Legend
It doesn't bother me THAT much, I just seriously don't feel like dealing with pricks who just wanna disrespect a game they'd get ***** in. It's not like this is just the internet, we will be at the same place in a year from now.

Done now, continue to be bad Melee players (smirk)
you don't have to deal with us! just like melee players chose not to deal with you!

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Not gonna lie, Brawl did kinda get the shaft and a lot of disrespect at the first Genesis, but it was still an amazing tournament none the less.
The disrespect for Brawl didn't have anything to do with the tournament of course - just an artifact of the community. The game was pretty recent, the Brawl people were still coming together, Melee people were still disgruntled and disappointed - it was a lot of things, but I think it's in the past now. We've matured I think. Hopefully.

Wasn't really fun having to lie to people that I played both games just to avoid dirty looks. Gawd.

Anyways, I'm saddened this isn't called Exodus.

Sounds cooler than Genesis 2, aka "The Beginning ...again".

napZzz

Smash Hero
Oh hey...Just throwing it out there, if I'm still at the airport I can probably use some of my buddy passes for the international smashers to fly over. Since this will be next year, mind you I'll only have 8 to use and might want to save a few for friends.
minnesota comes first

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
didnt you get like 3 stocked by SCAR

hahahahahahahahahaha east coast

*sniffle* oh man

ill falco ditto MM you in melee for $100 at genesis, you down?

not playing you in brawl since id fall asleep halfway through the first match >_> sorry
Wasn't that in a 1$ MM we both sandbagged in?

I'll 10$ MM you Fox vs Falco. Best of 5.

sidefx

Smash Champion
I know that this might be WAY out of place for a noob like me to say, but...

Could we call this EXODUS ? Genesis2 doesn't quite have the same ring.

to be honest, when we first thought of the name, Genesis, it was cause of its biblical meanings. (nothing religious, just the whole "beginning" meaning behind the name)

then we said, yeah cool next one could be called Exodus.. then Leviticus

then when it gets to Numbers, it didnt really make sense.

so we just stuck With Genesis2, even though i dont really like putting 2, or 3, after the name..Genesis is cemented in the community, and to change it now, would alienate and confuse people.

strictly from a marketing standpoint

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
M2K hates Brawl.
Would you **** him in Brawl?
Wasn't really fun having to lie to people that I played both games just to avoid dirty looks. Gawd.
this is the part where you realize that you SHOULD be playing both games or just Melee.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Wasn't that in a 1$ MM we both sandbagged in?

I'll 10$ MM you Fox vs Falco. Best of 5.
LOL to be honest, i just put that line in there to see if you'd reply

after saying

"It doesn't bother me THAT much"

and

"Done now"

so yeah, you pretty much proved my and PockyD's point.

no, I'm not down. I don't want to money match you at all, I don't want your stupid brawl money LOL, beating you would be way too easy and not satisfying at all, plus you're probably smelly and fat. LOOOOOL

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
to be honest, when we first thought of the name, Genesis, it was cause of its biblical meanings. (nothing religious, just the whole "beginning" meaning behind the name)

so we just stuck With Genesis2, even though i dont really like putting 2, or 3, after the name..Genesis is cemented in the community, and to change it now, would alienate and confuse people.

I would totally come to Genesis 5, aka Deuteronomy.

Rockan

Smash Apprentice
you should make an allisbrawl page for genesis 2, allisbrawl is where most of the brawl hype is.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
LOL to be honest, i just put that line in there to see if you'd reply

after saying

"It doesn't bother me THAT much"

and

"Done now"

so yeah, you pretty much proved my and PockyD's point.

no, I'm not down. I don't want to money match you at all, I don't want your stupid brawl money LOL, beating you would be way too easy and not satisfying at all, plus you're probably smelly and fat. LOOOOOL
Whats wrong with replying to a MM request?

I like free money (smirk)

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
the money match isnt the point. and even if it was, $10 is way too small of an amount for me to remember a year from now

the point is that you complain about getting trolled and disrespected, you insist you dont care, and yet you're letting me troll you. which means you DO care

i dont actually think youre fat or smelly and i dont actually hate every brawl player but because of your insecurity about your game/community you still feel the need to reply to me ;/

now do you see why melee players troll brawl? because of people like you. the first step is to follow the very first thing i said to you: "grow a backbone"

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
the money match isnt the point. and even if it was, $10 is way too small of an amount for me to remember a year from now

the point is that you complain about getting trolled and disrespected, you insist you dont care, and yet you're letting me troll you. which means you DO care

i dont actually think youre fat or smelly and i dont actually hate every brawl player but because of your insecurity about your game/community you still feel the need to reply to me ;/

now do you see why melee players troll brawl? because of people like you. the first step is to follow the very first thing i said to you: "grow a backbone"
lol urite obv.

I really do love how this justifies Melee players hating on Brawl players though.

meowth_

Smash Cadet
if melee players start to diss on brawl imma start breaking some melee wii's

and stomping some nerds with my crew

Diakonos

Smash Lord

Lol, I understand what you mean.

But I think that Numbers makes a lot of sense: a Census of the true smash players.
Leviticus : The Laying Down of the Law
Exodus makes good sense because it suggests the Movement of an entire community.

imo you don't have problems until Ruth, lol. But that wouldn't be for 7 years. Personally, I think from a marketing standpoint EXODUS has a nice ring to it. Just keep it in mind =)

sidefx

Smash Champion
Lol, I understand what you mean.

But I think that Numbers makes a lot of sense: a Census of the true smash players.
Exodus makes good sense because it suggests the motion/movement of an entire community.

imo you don't have problems until Ruth, lol. But that wouldn't be for 7 years. Personally, I think from a marketing standpoint EXODUS has a nice ring to it. Just keep it in mind =)
yeah i was definately up for using Exodus.. it just came down to picking a name and we decided to keep it with genesis to have the name ring a bell to those who heard about it and wanted to go

but we'll see.. you never know!

Diakonos

Smash Lord
yeah i was definately up for using Exodus.. it just came down to picking a name and we decided to keep it with genesis to have the name ring a bell to those who heard about it and wanted to go

but we'll see.. you never know!
Thanks for the prompt and courteous responses! I think the allusions are strong enough to suggest continuity, but it's all in your hands. I'm sure this will be a great tournament, and you can bet that I'll hype WC Canada enough to come to this.

You have been forewarned! :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom