• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DBR Presents: GENESIS 2 :: ROUND 1 SINGLES POOLS ARE UP - GENESISDBR.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
As a man I will feel It's important that I apologize. I still think Wobbling is gay but the overall skill of players have proven me wrong this event. A Huge event with Wobbling legalized and Major players won/loss on their own as well as IC's player not placing significantly higher than they would have.

so to summarize Basically 2 things. I still believe Wobbling is gay/shouldn't be legal. However The degree to which it effects a tournament in 2011-onward are dropping to the point where it's effects are minimal.

Sorry for the disturbance. I'll try to harbor my hate in silence next time.

Wake

Smash Master
As a man I will feel It's important that I apologize. I still think Wobbling is gay but the overall skill of players have proven me wrong this event. A Huge event with Wobbling legalized and Major players won/loss on their own as well as IC's player not placing significantly higher than they would have.

so to summarize Basically 2 things. I still believe Wobbling is gay/shouldn't be legal. However The degree to which it effects a tournament in 2011-onward are dropping to the point where it's effects are minimal.

Sorry for the disturbance. I'll try to harbor my hate in silence next time.
You're awesome don't worry!

Llumys

Smash Champion
I think resting is gay and should be banned.

See how ridiculous that sounds? If you're going to complain about something, at least don't make an *** of yourself by calling it gay and not explaining why you think it should be an issue.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
♪Armada is the champion...my friends...

God, that was one hell of a finals. Great end to an awesome tourney.

Mike2

Smash Ace
omg brawl finals had the most hype ever of any smash game! it was historic! what a crazy finals! i am legitimately shocked.

;)

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I think resting is gay and should be banned.

See how ridiculous that sounds? If you're going to complain about something, at least don't make an *** of yourself by calling it gay and not explaining why you think it should be an issue.
ah I have explained it for the past year. I have done my part. It's up to those that are bothered by the claim to read up on it. Resting is gay but it's not guaranteed as stated before you can't compare it because it's differnt. I do however think resting in teams could perhaps be banned simply because there it has such a huge safety net to it in teams.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
It IS comparable. You have admitted that Wobbling isn't broken, so you are trying to pull the "oh, but it's really gay and lame" card.

I already told you that all of these arbitrary distinctions you make between tactics are irrelevant. It doesn't matter if Rest is riskier and harder to hit with, cause no one is comparing that aspect of them. Llumys was only comparing them in the sense that they are both "gay".

It's amazing how much of the Melee community believes that a "comparison" means "these two things are exactly the same".

I think you should really read this article by David Sirlin.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
It IS comparable. You have admitted that Wobbling isn't broken, so you are trying to pull the "oh, but it's really gay and lame" card.

I already told you that all of these arbitrary distinctions you make between tactics are irrelevant. It doesn't matter if Rest is riskier and harder to hit with, cause no one is comparing that aspect of them. Llumys was only comparing them in the sense that they are both "gay".

It's amazing how much of the Melee community believes that a "comparison" means "these two things are exactly the same".

I think you should really read this article by David Sirlin.
are you reading the dictionary by any chance? Starting in the A section and Arbitrary is a word that stuck out? Just a hunch I have...

anyways I'm not pulling any cards because i'm not participating in any game. They are both Gay but the degree of gay is different. Think of it as a difference in tier then if that helps. Shine spikes/Sheik gimps/chain grabs on 1 level, Resting, Stichface/bomb being 1 step up/Wobbling and Planking being the elite of the gay.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Why do you get to decide the scale of gay?

And I used the word arbitrary for accuracy (because, you know, it was the best word to use in that situation to properly convey what I meant), I'm not trying to impress anyone here.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
>bob ombs and stitchfaces gayer than Sheik's chaingrab/gimps
>whattheflying****amireading

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Because banning Meta Knight from Melee entirely wasn't enough for you folks, you had to ban Dedede enough you can only select him as a viewable background piece in one the stages.

And now you think to ban moves? What's next? You're gonna Bowyer my C-Stick and make that unusable?

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
anyone know what youtube channel vids are going to be uploaded to?
melee: http://youtube.com/ajpanton
brawl: http://youtube.com/videogamebootcamp

albums used in VG's new music list:
http://zirconstudios.bandcamp.com/album/return-all-robots-original-soundtrack
http://zirconstudios.bandcamp.com/album/fittest-original-soundtrack
http://zirconstudios.bandcamp.com/album/mass-media-constant
http://zirconstudios.bandcamp.com/album/antigravity
http://zirconstudios.bandcamp.com/album/impulse-prime
http://vulpvibe.bandcamp.com/album/heartmender
http://vulpvibe.bandcamp.com/album/mnemonic
^ please buy and support Andrew Aversa (aka Zircon) and Renard!

hope everyone enjoyed the stream, and thank Strong_Bad and Aznchronos for volunteering their phones for the two streams! If you guys ever see one of those two guys, give them a high five cause they are freaking awesome

Brawl matches will start to go up Wednesday. Tomorrow I'm flying out and the next day I have to do some replay sorting + other important unrelated things.

rustediron

Smash Lord
25. Fuzzyness

Also banning is gay.

Think of the metagame like an ecosystem. As each creature in the ecosystem tries to gain advantage over others, the ecosystem develops, and is constantly changing. Like any ecosystem, some creatures will be higher up in the food-chain than others; even so, a kind of balance is maintained within the ecosystem, and it thrives with a relatively diverse variation of creatures.

When you ban something, you take a creature in the ecosystem, and simply take it out. This is generally a conservative measure attempting to preserve the ecosystem as it was in a previous state, and is detrimental to the development of the ecosystem as a whole.

...**** this actually, basically what I want to say is, when something good comes along, the better it is, the more people try to develop the metagame to counter it. Banning things causes development to stagnate, and is therefore gay

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Why do you get to decide the scale of gay?

And I used the word arbitrary for accuracy (because, you know, it was the best word to use in that situation to properly convey what I meant), I'm not trying to impress anyone here.
>bob ombs and stitchfaces gayer than Sheik's chaingrab/gimps
>whattheflying****amireading
before you make this any bigger than it is I was just making an example of a ghey tier list to help better explain the sense that wobbling was on a higher level of the ******ry list. I guess the BR can vote on a gay tier list if they wished but the fact that It was banned already has to make it a front runner in my book.

Still...it's over the tournament was good the stream I nominate for Troll of the year. Anyone agree?

Vega4

Smash Ace
Genesis2 was great!!

PD: Only thing I miss was having updates brackets and final positions... I know M2K won, and Ally was 2nd, but, wich was the top10??

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
The way to get in more money from Smash tournaments is, to provide coverage, and have people pay for additional service...

If you could provide a Stream + a "must-pay" HQ Stream, you would be able to afford alot more.
But if even the hypest tournament in the world isn't able to get up a regular stream OR EVEN UPDATES, i'm afraid it is no wonder that we wont ever get out of our little smash-corner

Note: i do not encourage costly streams and Vods, No sir.... but events like Dreamhack, MLG and others should be what should be aimed for. And making money off of aditional services like HQ streams should not be something that is unreachable.

Thanks to all the people who at least tried to inform the world about what was happening.

lain

Smash Master
brawl results? been waitin hurr

also holla back. knew m2k was gonna win brawl yo.

isai, still gotta meet you o_o

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
banning in fighting games isn't new

When a character is made too powerful for conpetitive play they just outright ban them. The fact that we make such a big deal out of it is pretty ridiculous

:phone:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Are you sure TearBear is 7th though? Who did DEHF and Razer lose to to place lower than that? I know Razer beat Krystedez who took out RAIN, which means Razer is probably at least 9th ... I'm really curious what happened here but there must've been some pretty huge upsets between Zex getting 5th and some major players not even making top10 possibly. I think Atomsk got 9th and Razer, DEHF, ESAM and others all didn't appear up to now. I wanna know..........

:059:

Boofy!

Smash Champion
Well Zex 3-0'd TearBear to face Ally, who then knocked Zex out. And I know 100% that Zex got 5th. W.e full results will be up tomorrow anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom