• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dawn of the 3D Remake: Young Link for DLC! (ROY IS SEMI-CLONED! HOPE FOR MOVESET CHANGES RISES!)

Toon link04

Smash Cadet
{quote="jaytalks, post: 15624309, member: 221150"]Young Link will return to Smash, but not the one you know. With ALBW coming out, the Link from ALTP will be the next Zelda rep. His age isn't confirmed, but he's thought to be a child from this games. And he technically will have made the most appearances out of all the Links, considering LA, ALTP, ALBW, OOA, and OOS.So his name will be Young Link, but he'll be a totally different character.[/quote]

Atuaclly he is older than young link and toon link meaning hed be the same exact link with no changes
.....help i did something wrong D:

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
{quote="jaytalks, post: 15624309, member: 221150"]Young Link will return to Smash, but not the one you know. With ALBW coming out, the Link from ALTP will be the next Zelda rep. His age isn't confirmed, but he's thought to be a child from this games. And he technically will have made the most appearances out of all the Links, considering LA, ALTP, ALBW, OOA, and OOS.So his name will be Young Link, but he'll be a totally different character.
Atuaclly he is older than young link and toon link meaning hed be the same exact link with no changes
.....help i did something wrong D:[/quote]
Your first bracket isn't a bracket. It's this { instead of this [.
Never said he was the same age as them, or younger. Young Link is 9 years old. Toon Link is 12 years old. Classic Link (ALBW's predecessor) has been speculated to be 12 years old. He might be older, but he's still "young," especially since TP Link is 17.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I guess this image is very appropriate now for Young Link...

Poor Youngie, And to think he still stood a chance when Ocarina of Time 3D came along... But then he got Toon Link's arrow to the knee. :troll:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

Poor Youngy, And to think he still stood a chance when Ocarina of Time 3D came along. :rolleyes:
And Gerudo Valley is a stage in this game! Now, isn't that adding insult to injury or something? :laugh:

Ironically, Young Link in Melee used the OoT design and there was no Ocarina of Time stage in that game. Kinda curious how Melee never had a OoT stage and if it weren't for the 3D remake, we probably wouldn't have the Gerudo Valley stage.

Toon link04

Smash Cadet
Well guess young link is going back to the dogs with Toon link still around...Even thought nobody wanted young link in
:troll:
Youll be missed young link

......Wow thats big

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I'm not going to lie, I kind of wanted Young Link to return, I always liked the fire arrows, btw yes I used Young Link more than regular Link in Melee, in fact using Young Link, Ganondorf and Zelda is what weaned me from using regular Link.

I hated both Links in Brawl, so I ended up using Ganondorf and Zelda.

TheRealHeroOfWinds

Smash Ace
Here is how we keep Young Link:

Young Link

B: Hero's Bow (Fire and Ice): While charging Bow you can press left and right to change the arrow! Ice if fully charged will freeze enemies. Fire if fully charged will burn enemies.
>B : Deku Stick: Link will take it out of who knows where and will act like a longer sword. But after one hit. It will break. But if some kind of fire hits it, it will act like fire arrows. But can still only hit opponents once.
VB: Transform: Puts on a mask to become Deku Link.
^B: Magic Spin Attack: It can be fully charged with magic and shoot out some aura.
Taunt: Will play Ocarina.

Deku Link

B: Bubble: Will charge a bubble (SNOT) and shoot it afterwards.
B (air): Deku Bomb: Will drop a Deku Nut below... can stun enemies! (Can also be used while using ^B)
>B: Deku Nut: Will stun enemies.
^B: Deku Flower: Will be shot into the air while holding pedals.
VB: Transform: Will turn put on Goron mask.
Taunt: Will play Pipes.

Goron Link

B: Roll Out: Just like Jigglypuff's. But moves barely.
>B: Roll Out: Will charge up and if he moves enough his body will be full of spikes and do massive damage.
^B: Roll Drop: Will curl into a ball and bounce up. (I have no idea I just remember it in Majora's Mask. If you were in the ball you could bounce up)
VB: Transform: Put on Zora Mask.
Taunt: Will play Drums.

Zora Link

B: Boomerang Arms: If you charge they will go farther.
>B: Electric Charge: Will go forward surrounded in electricity.
^B: Twirl of Death: Will spin upwards.
VB: Transform: Will take off Zora Mask and become Young Link.
Taunt: Will play Guitar.

FINAL SMASH: Feirce Deity LINK
Young Link (or any of the other Links) will put on the Feirce Deity Mask.

B: Beam Fire: Will charge up a beam and fire it forward.
>B: Jump Attack: Will jump forward and strike. (Will also fire a beam)
^B: Ultra Magic Spin Attack: Will do more range than the Magic Spin Attack.
VB: (Will turn off Final Smash form if used) Oath to Order: Plays Ocarina of Time to call the Guardians (you know the 4 old guys)
Taunt: Will pull out Majoras Mask.

Blurr-kill

Smash Cadet
NNID
Blurr-kil
Here is how we keep Young Link:

FINAL SMASH: Feirce Deity LINK
Young Link (or any of the other Links) will put on the Feirce Deity Mask.

Taunt: Will pull out Majoras Mask.

Or for Final smash he Puts on the Majoras mask and brings the moon down on the stage, doing damage as it crushes you and pushes you in to the ground then explodes when it stops

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Or for Final smash he Puts on the Majoras mask and brings the moon down on the stage, doing damage as it crushes you and pushes you in to the ground then explodes when it stops
Why on earth would Young Link put on Majora's Mask?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
If Anything Fierce Deity's Mask would probably be the best option for Young Link's Final Smash if he came back. (not like he has a chance in all of hell at this point)

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I just wanted to say, maybe it's still possible to see Young Link, what if he was say ToonLink's costume?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Young Link should be an alt costume for Toon Link.

I wantz my Melee main back.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
ToonLink can so have a LBTW costume.
I would rather him have a Young Link costume TBH. Or maybe he can have both? (wishful thinking).

Or maybe even have Young Link as an Assist Trophy if their not going to make him playable.

Last edited:

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
Young Link deserves to be smash 4 too! >_< I dont care if Big Link and Toon Link are already in, they could make a whole Smash game outta just awesome Zelda characters anyways ya know! Call it Super Hyrule Brothers!

I'm totally serious.

schavira

Smash Journeyman
I fail to see how is that helping at all... The animation are same between Little Mac's alt costumes.

Young Link with Toon Link's animation, anyone?
Honestly it is not too big of a stretch. It could work. Just replace the cel-shaded smoke and stuff.

schavira

Smash Journeyman
Oh no no that's not what I meant.

The bone animation.
He has a smaller head? Who cares if the proportions are tiny bit off, just give the costume a smaller head and it should work! He is wearing a tunic, it's not like he's wearing a tight-fitting tank top or anything

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I really can't see Young Link as an alternate costume for Toon Link. Their models and proportions are way off.

Eh, I'd rather see Toon Link with the Outset Island clothing.... :/

Cpt.

Smash Lord

Poor Youngie, And to think he still stood a chance when Ocarina of Time 3D came along... But then he got Toon Link's arrow to the knee. :troll:
I believe in the power of lon lon milk!

Last edited:

.toasty

Smash Cadet
As a Young Link main to be honest I wouldn't want him back unless he was the same, or similar to his melee form.

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
I wish they'd just kept the name "Young Link", while changing his art style so we wouldn't have to have this crazy thread.
YL was my main in Melee, and TL was my main in Brawl; for all intents and purposes, they're essentially the same character.

"Toon Link" is a dumb name, anyway.

I do wish they'd kept his Lon-Lon Milk taunt, though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom