• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dark Samus(a.K.a Metroid Prime): We will consume everything.

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
Oh he did NOT just say that...

size AINT a factor, olimar is the size of a freakin QUARTER, have u SEEN the melee intro? hes just a tad taller than samus and NO ONE complained,that size would do...
i hate it when people use olimar and kirby's size as arguments for Ridley. the difference here is that olimar and kriby are not scaled any differently. there is no common reference point for kirby AND mario, so you don't notice kirby being any bigger than he usually is. also, meta knight and dedede are properly scaled along with kirby, so again...there's no noticible difference. ridley, on the other hand, is commonly seen next to samus and is usually much larger, which is where the size issue comes into play.

even still, the melee video is perfectly fine as far as Ridley's size goes. that's all the argument you really need.

Machete

Smash Ace
ridley, on the other hand, is commonly seen next to samus and is usually much larger, which is where the size issue comes into play.
With that logic, we must talk about Bowser, Charizard and Mewtwo

In the canon games, Bowser is far bigger than Mario. Bowser is in Brawl.

Both Mewtwo and Charizard are much bigger than Pikachu. Charizard is in Brawl. Mewtwo was in Melee (and it's likely to be in Brawl).

Face it, dude. Ridley is the most likely newcomer right now (well, Ridley and Krystal). If Ridley is NOT in, Metroid will have only one character, Samus; because no one outproritizes him. If Ridley is in, then Dark Samus could be in too (hopefully).

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Oh he did NOT just say that...

size AINT a factor, olimar is the size of a freakin QUARTER, have u SEEN the melee intro? hes just a tad taller than samus and NO ONE complained,that size would do...
Don't bother Stryks. These newcomers on the block will never listen. They're always saying Ridley is too big. Pfft....

Here is the argument. Plain and simple. Bowser is colossal on Super Mario 64 and yet he was on Melee and Brawl, thus Ridley can still make it as a playable.

Nough said.

DS for Brawl

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
With that logic, we must talk about Bowser, Charizard and Mewtwo

In the canon games, Bowser is far bigger than Mario. Bowser is in Brawl.

Both Mewtwo and Charizard are much bigger than Pikachu. Charizard is in Brawl. Mewtwo was in Melee (and it's likely to be in Brawl).

Face it, dude. Ridley is the most likely newcomer right now (well, Ridley and Krystal). If Ridley is NOT in, Metroid will have only one character, Samus; because no one outproritizes him. If Ridley is in, then Dark Samus could be in too (hopefully).
well, you completely overlooked the entire rest of my post, not to mention my point. and you misquoted it. :urg:

Machete

Smash Ace
well, you completely overlooked the entire rest of my post, not to mention my point. and you misquoted it. :urg:
Don't worry, I looked your whole post. :)

The point of my post was that Ridley won't be the only "big" character resized.

But yeah, the Melee intro is the only thing we need.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Ok, lets recap. It's not like we got anything better to speculate about.

We have Norfair as a selectable stage.
We have Ridley's boss soundtrack which is a good sign.
We also have a MP1 stage.

What else more do we need other than a new character update to confirm Dark Samus and Ridley? I say a battle stage where you fight DS is the only thing we need now for a confimation.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
What'd I miss? This is the 1st time we passed 2 pages while I was gone :laugh:
*Reads topic*
Ridley? Not the best place to discuss this....but for size, just look at the pic in my sig :p

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
Don't worry, I looked your whole post. :)

The point of my post was that Ridley won't be the only "big" character resized.

But yeah, the Melee intro is the only thing we need.
i agree. but even still, Bowser does already have a history of being resized (see Mario Kart), and then you look at canon games like Super Mario World, and Super Mario All-Stars, Paper Mario and Bowser is much smaller than he is in 64, Sunshine, and Galaxy. so i guess my point here is that Bowser's size tends to fluxuate, which makes his case slightly different from Ridley's as well.

but i think Ridley's a shoe-in regardless, i'm just giving some food for thought.

so, uh...about Dark Samus....

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
We will get this in a few weeks fellas. Keep your eyes peeled because it's only a matter of time before this happens. Then finally I'll be able to catch up on some well deserved sleep.

Machete

Smash Ace
Machete in post 1722... i didnt said that...
Ugh, sorry.

i agree. but even still, Bowser does already have a history of being resized (see Mario Kart), and then you look at canon games like Super Mario World, and Super Mario All-Stars, Paper Mario and Bowser is much smaller than he is in 64, Sunshine, and Galaxy. so i guess my point here is that Bowser's size tends to fluxuate, which makes his case slightly different from Ridley's as well.
Well, in the first 2D game of the Metroid series Ridley was also smaller... And he only appears in one spin-off (Melee), where he's also smaller

But we must talk about Dark Samus, not Ridley!

That picture of Dark Samus... meh, I don't like it. The helmet is pretty... strange.

Well, 11 days 'til Brawl... we'll know the truth then.

antimatter

Smash Lord
poor ashley fans... someone had better burst their bubble... I volunteer.
edit: too late, would have been SO fun.

antimatter

Smash Lord
hello, everyone! i'm back from the house of god! now, what shall we talk about our favorite apocolypse creator?

antimatter

Smash Lord
I voted.
on another note, i should be getting a router soon, and i'll be able to do wifi with you guys.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I posted an argument about Dark Samus on GameFAQs:

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=928518&topic=40821420

It's an interesting read, so read it Damus supporters :D
Very good argument(s) :)
Well, since we're advertising (shame in us XD), go vote for DS in the Character Battle:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=131324&page=125

Also, check out my Dark Samus thread on BrawlCentral (Brand new forums for those who don't know :p)

http://brawlcentral.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=856

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Yo, I need help taking care of a troll on my thread (Link is my last post) if anyone wants to/can help...

Also, Dark Samus vs. Pokemon Trainer for the Quarter finals this Sunday, just remember to vote :)

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
I would be overly happy if dark samus made it in brawl (alongside Ridley, although I'm not one of those freaks for ridley :p)

I'm not much of a metroid fan, but I absolutly loved the ds version(I own it) and the wii version (I LOVE THIS GAME THE MOST :D, although I beat it through rental).

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
You mean... The SMASH... BROS... MOJO!!?

mojo.rick-gardiner.com. Type that in your browser bar.
Me no likey T-T
I would be overly happy if dark samus made it in brawl (alongside Ridley, although I'm not one of those freaks for ridley :p)

I'm not much of a metroid fan, but I absolutly loved the ds version(I own it) and the wii version (I LOVE THIS GAME THE MOST :D, although I beat it through rental).
Hell yeah :)
... ginger... ur sig scares me...
Lol, wut?

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
It's....It's Beautiful....

Anyone who wants to use my signature for the Dark Mercenaries can.

The signature that you have just laid eyes upon is astounding is it not?

Top Bottom