• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dallas Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Right now it's like half of D-krew crowded around the one wii setup and no one on Melee.

Mainly because nobody is ever, ever on time, this is probably the last fest I'm going to do, so I guess Drew can close this thread.

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
I'd say a couple bowls would suffice.
hmm? when did you start smoking??

I challenge you. You should come to the festivities today sir.
you're not ready sir. i also have to talk to you, call me when you get the chance, it's urgent!

nice sig fogo is that from naybewon?
nah she retired she's got a real job now, she said i was sexy though, and she's coming to g-kon! lol get on this ****!!!

i got grease in my eye today at work so i got sent home. that means i can smash! yayuhz!
coordination much?? lol

Bwett

Smash Ace
Right now it's like half of D-krew crowded around the one wii setup and no one on Melee.

Mainly because nobody is ever, ever on time, this is probably the last fest I'm going to do, so I guess Drew can close this thread.
You're gonna have the thread closed because no one is coming to your smashfest? I mean, I don't really know what the original intention of this thread was for, but atleast now its a thriving online home for everything Dallas related. If it's just that you don't want to deal with the thread anymore, why not just stop updating? Don't mean to sound in any way judgmental, but I've kindof grown attached to this thread lol. Plus if you close it, I'll have to make another, and I'm just so lazy these days :p

felix45

Smash Lord

ok, that's cool, but I think you shouldn't let this thread die yet. we should at least get someone to make a thread that is very active on the forums and in the scene so we stay updated on what is going on in dallas. I really liked how I could always check the first post and know what tournies/smashfests were going on in dallas.

before you stop playing smash, I'd like to say thanks for everything you have contributed bluezaft. you influenced the dallas scene a ton, it can be seen in many ways. I'm sure if you hadn't updated your posts on the events going on, I may very well have not shown up to anything at all this year or last year. You are a great melee player, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who appreciates all you have done for us.

Thank you bluezaft :)

drew dont close this thread.

at least not until we find someone willing to update everything for dallas like bluezaft has been for the last year. I liked the quality of this thread, or well at least the quality of the first post in this thread :p

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion

drew dont close this thread.

at least not until we find someone willing to update everything for dallas like bluezaft has been for the last year. I liked the quality of this thread, or well at least the quality of the first post in this thread :p
Agreed.

I'll take over if that's the case.

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
If Bluezaft doesn't want to keep updating the first post then I'd recommend the bwett/fogo bi-weeklies thread become the new Dallas thread (as I see has already been mentioned).

For the moment I'll leave this open to see if Bluezaft has a change of heart.

ike_love

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for introducing me to the competitive world of smash. If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't be known as the best ike/roy in dallas lol.
Wait, then what is everybody saying about me?! JK, but seriously I'll be pretty bummed out if this is the last Zaft-fest, because I really wanted to come to one. I would've come to this one, but I passed out in the fetal position for some reason last night in my shower...anyway I was in no shape to leave the house today, sorry. Bluezaft I hoped this isn't the death of melee players getting together in dallas.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
What the heck is wrong with you people? I just said I didn't want to have these anymore, not that I'm quitting smash. At this point, with so many Dallas threads about, the only real purpose for this thread is to announce the weekly smashfests. It only makes sense to close it. I'm not going anywhere, geez. Not that I wouldn't appreciate a parade anyway...

I don't like these because it doesn't take place in my home, so I'm just sitting around in some clubhouse for an hour or more waiting to see when/if people will show up. It's awful and not worth it. So screw it.

felix45

Smash Lord
@bluezaft - oh, oops. I thought you were done with smash. definitely misread your post loool

well I'm glad you are staying
you should give brawl another chance ;)

@everyone - ok so who is going to have everything dallas related in their first post?

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
This is the part where everybody gets in a big circle around Bluezaft and starts to hug him while he shouts in dismay.

Bwett

Smash Ace
First person to guess what my new avatar is wins a dollar next time I see them.
Kefka

10 finalfantasies

EDIT: I'm not sure I can do Bwogo fest every week. It's pretty hard for me to do it like that when I have to get up at 10am the next morning, usually with homework due. I'll think about it, though. Maybe I can just not play in any friendlies and just do my homework while yall play. I dunno, we'll see what Fogo convinces me to do lol.

bigo24_7

Smash Journeyman
bwett1 u could just get everyone to pitch in and do your homework for you!..........
Is it cool if i bring some Frozen yogurt to the next brawl? I work at a yogurt shop and get free stuff when i want it......so i figured i could help keep everyone feed!

Big Bob

Smash Apprentice
I'd love to try hosting one of these things...though my apartment's a mess, and frankly I'm not too accepting staying up until 6 AM.

Unless I do something crazy and start it mid-afternoon.

Also the problem that you guys only know me as "that guy who laughs too loudly". >_>

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Melee1: Call me when you read this, I've got a few things you need to know. Thanks for the congrats dude, and the set was super close just like always :p

The rest of Dallas: I've got 2 spots open in my car to ride down to Austin on Friday. If you want to go, let me know.

Bwett

Smash Ace
Now I don't know all the facts about this but I know enough, and dude Melee1, that reaction was entirely unnecessary and uncalled for, especially after what you told him to his face. This kind of attitude is ridiculous and won't be tolerated by anyone you meet here or elsewhere. Even if he did trash talk you, which I'm fairly positive it didn't happen, so what? Smash is known for its trash talking. It's apart of the game, whether it's said to your face or not. Besides the fact that you call out his skill in the game, which is apparent since he consistently places 4th in Dallas tournaments and 2nd tonight, bringing up his girlfriend and commenting on that has no bearing on what happened tonight and is immature for bringing it up.

I'm sorry, but I can't tolerate that kind of behavior so I'm not allowing you at my smashfests until this gets settled and buried. This isn't a retaliation for you banning Ice. I just don't want confrontations and I'm much closer to Ice.

You should know better to not post something like this on smashboards. I mean, really, all it does is promote negativity in the smash community, and Dallas is known for being fun with smash. If you really wanted to say it, you should've told him and not drag this mess into our community. Disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom