• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dallas/Fort Worth! - www.twitch.tv/tourneylocator at 7pm on Thursdays

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Both actually, and not just Brawl, but other fighters period, like Kung Lao in MK9, or Dark Pheonix in MVC3. Yeah, I'm a horrible player cause I use broken/crutch characters and spam to win. And I got this luck that rivals DPhat's.

Haters gonna hate. Deal with it *****es.

:phone:

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
Why would it matter, If I've already blown them to smithereens... :cool:

And ALSM bad? psh what? Cheap whut? naw brah, they just didn't get the happening star and they salty...
lol denti <3

Brett! I need more vids to copy off of... to fuel my secondary.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
From a veteran's perspective...

Things are too easy to pick up and play....kinda ruins my fun a lot.

But that's my own little issue...however...

When a game comes out now, it takes a week or two for everyone to know everything about the game. I don't know if the creators intended for things to be this way in the future, but it does ruin a lot of experiences you could learn by yourself.

Why do we need to re-release a game two or three times to try and fix a lot of the problems plaguing the first release of the game? Doing system updates and having new map packs, fighters, DLC....that's what extra content and system patches are needed for, not to make everyone buy a revamp of the game for another fifty bucks.

Times are different, and I guess it's not that bad.......but they need to up the hard factor.

No mission modes. Unless the game is brand new or hard to obtain like Arcana Hearts, it's really bad to present this to games in which people have already played before in the future.. The only exception I can think of atm is Soul Caliber, which has a storyline and challenges that make the game worthwhile. It really adds well to the experience of the game, and the game is nicely balanced in terms of character roster and tech skill.

I understand that a gap in natural balance is needed, but it's not healthy (In a competitive sense) for a game to cater to the best character for someone to have the best luck at to win tournaments. I guess this is why Mk is a constant issue for brawl.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
I 3 stocked Denti with Marth. Get at me :p

He beat me 2-1 when he went Olimar tho
I've been 3 stocking computers all day and night. :)

Batou, it seems that games in general, not just fighters, are easier to pick up and play. Personally, it doesn't bother me, seeing as our society likes things easier especially with technology, including games. It makes sense to me at least; would you rather cut grass with one of those push mowers with no motor instead of a riding lawn mower just to prove that it takes more skill? Btw, I'd prefer using my sword; you get more rupees that way. :)

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
I've been 3 stocking computers all day and night. :)

Batou, it seems that games in general, not just fighters, are easier to pick up and play. Personally, it doesn't bother me, seeing as our society likes things easier especially with technology, including games. It makes sense to me at least; would you rather cut grass with one of those push mowers with no motor instead of a riding lawn mower just to prove that it takes more skill? Btw, I'd prefer using my sword; you get more rupees that way. :)

This isn't about skill.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Dude I don't know if you've noticed, but you come across as being really hostile when you post. Cool it.
Sarcasm has it's limits.

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 tournament on the 27th. Show up..

Btw infinity, your cat picture....freaking mesmerizing...tell your cat I don't have his chicken tuna, stop staring me down lol

Is it morally acceptable for a zombie to have an abortion?

Morals are out the door when your dead..I think...

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Wow, this thread would be dead without me.

New topic: What is the meaning of life for you? Do you find life satisfying? Or do you hate the circumstances you're in currently? Do you feel you have to live up to the expectations of others, or do you live your life the way you want to? Do you wish a life of eternal peace, or do you want the chaos and drama life brings? Would you want everyone in the world to get along, or do you want controversy and the excitement of conflict?

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Wow, this thread would be dead without me.

New topic: What is the meaning of life for you? Do you find life satisfying? Or do you hate the circumstances you're in currently? Do you feel you have to live up to the expectations of others, or do you live your life the way you want to? Do you wish a life of eternal peace, or do you want the chaos and drama life brings? Would you want everyone in the world to get along, or do you want controversy and the excitement of conflict?

This thread would be the same without you.

It's a social thread, but not to see who can provide more posts than others.

Anyways Denti I need to talk to you about Revolution 5.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Trance

Puts you in a blissful state of mind...then in an instant, can get your heart pumping, determination overflowing and the club keeps jumping to the beat.

Armin Van Burren, ATB, Paul Van Dyk, DJ Tiesto, Paul Oakenfold, so many memories of all the concerts i've been to.

Seeing Deep Dish and PVD in concert was marvelous. The best concerts i've been to obviously has everyone in a trance..

;)

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
I'm always torn between Orchestral works and (usually Latin) Jazz. I find myself listening to Jazz more casually, but when I take the time to listen to Orchestral stuff, I feel I enjoy it more :)

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
I'm always torn between Orchestral works and (usually Latin) Jazz. I find myself listening to Jazz more casually, but when I take the time to listen to Orchestral stuff, I feel I enjoy it more :)
Who are your favorite jazz artists? I like a lot of modern jazz as well as the old style.....

Reizilla

I play trumpet, so I'm just a wee bit biased x) but Chet Baker is by far my favorite. Colin Steele is another great one. He writes like Scottish Folk Jazz stuff and it's really awesome. Blue Note 7 is probably my favorite combo. Oliver Nelson's stuff, Herbie Hancock, mostly his older stuff, and you can't beat Frank Sinatra with Count Basie :]

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
I play trumpet, so I'm just a wee bit biased x) but Chet Baker is by far my favorite. Colin Steele is another great one. He writes like Scottish Folk Jazz stuff and it's really awesome. Blue Note 7 is probably my favorite combo. Oliver Nelson's stuff, Herbie Hancock, mostly his older stuff, and you can't beat Frank Sinatra with Count Basie :]
Oh yes!
Frank Sinatra with Count Basie...classics that should never be forgotten.
Herbie, Oliver, Colin and Chet are great artists too.

I've grown fond of Dave Koz, David Benoit, Boney James and some new artsts as well.

Reizilla

I don't normally listen to too much new stuff. My professors are all old school and I've kinda picked up on that a bit x) I've heard of David Benoit, but not the other two. There's just so much great old stuff out there, that like, I never even have time to look at new stuff because there's so much to learn and hear already! XD

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
I don't normally listen to too much new stuff. My professors are all old school and I've kinda picked up on that a bit x) I've heard of David Benoit, but not the other two. There's just so much great old stuff out there, that like, I never even have time to look at new stuff because there's so much to learn and hear already! XD
Nothing wrong with sticking to the old school.....I'm like this with a lot of things....I can relate.

Top Bottom