• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dallas/Fort Worth! - www.twitch.tv/tourneylocator at 7pm on Thursdays

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
In the near future, I will be having a venue opened up for more tournaments.

Denti has done a great job of making the Revolution a successful tournament so I appreciate your efforts man.

I"m working on becoming a TO for Fort Worth so we can have more opportunities for more PR points to be earned in Fort Worth instead of migrating to San Antonio/Dallas/Houston. This creates a less stressful commute and we don't always have to spend a lot of money going out of town as well.

I am thinking about making these tournaments MK banned in teams....I think it makes a huge difference for the turnout in the end of Mk was banned in teams and encourage more team tournaments as well.

It's in the making process and this will be awesome, because I will also host Mortal Kombat 9, Marvel Vs Capcom 3, Street Fighter IV and other tournaments if time/space allows it. Just letting people know right now i'm in the negotiating stages right now....

So Denti/Infinity I'll need your help with things and I got ur number to help me set things up.

BlinkIV

Avenger
Sounds good, I'd be glad to help if needed. My number is 682-551-7657 if anyone else would like to contact me sometime.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Kovu, time to update:

The Ft. Worth PR based off the Texas PR

Top Tier

1. Denti - 1947.00 :olimar:

2. Infinity - 1815.89 :metaknight:/:diddy:

Mid-Tier

3. ALSM - 1647.30 :metaknight:/:toonlink:/:link2:

4. Neon - 1617.21 :dk2:

5. Chic - 1605.52 :luigi2:

Low Tier

6. KBot - 1593.40 :popo:/:rob:

7. FHero - 1571.10 :metaknight:

8. Lock - 1566.24 ???

9. Gucci - 1562.11 ???

10. Problemo - 1549.54 :metaknight:

11. Batou - 1524.83 :falcon:/:snake:/:rob:

Bottom Tier (Inactive)

Zane - 1592.89 :link2: (Inactive)

OTL - 1587.54 :link2: (Inactive)

The Winged - 1573.58 :wario: (Inactive)

Serious Cat - 1565.89 :mario2:/:rob:/:snake:/:zelda:/:dedede: (Inactive)

Kovu - 1548.51 :snake: (Retired, now plays Mortal Kombat)

Updates:

- Chic is no longer "inactive"
- FHero is no longer "inactive"
- Zane is now classified as "inactive"
- KBot was added to the Fort Worth PR!
- Gucci was added to the Fort Worth PR!
- Lock was added to the Fort Worth PR!
- OTL was added to the Fort Worth PR!
- OTL is now classified as "inactive"
- "NeoBatou" is now changed to "Batou"
- One of our players (Chic) escapes F tier!
Not for nothing, but doesn't every other local PR use explicitly the results between each other to determine the rankings? I understand this is a good rep of how we fair against everyone in TX, but against each other, I would say it looks more like this.

Denti
Infinity

High
ALSM
Neon
F-hero

Mid
Chic
Problemo
Kbot
Batou
Kovu
Xeven

Bottom
Zane
The Winged
SeriusC@

I don't know
OTL
Lock
Guikki

Even then, they usually just do top 10.

In the near future, I will be having a venue opened up for more tournaments.

Denti has done a great job of making the Revolution a successful tournament so I appreciate your efforts man.

I"m working on becoming a TO for Fort Worth so we can have more opportunities for more PR points to be earned in Fort Worth instead of migrating to San Antonio/Dallas/Houston. This creates a less stressful commute and we don't always have to spend a lot of money going out of town as well.

I am thinking about making these tournaments MK banned in teams....I think it makes a huge difference for the turnout in the end of Mk was banned in teams and encourage more team tournaments as well.

It's in the making process and this will be awesome, because I will also host Mortal Kombat 9, Marvel Vs Capcom 3, Street Fighter IV and other tournaments if time/space allows it. Just letting people know right now i'm in the negotiating stages right now....

So Denti/Infinity I'll need your help with things and I got ur number to help me set things up.
woot. We can have north FW tournies and south FW tournes. :)

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Not for nothing, but doesn't every other local PR use explicitly the results between each other to determine the rankings? I understand this is a good rep of how we fair against everyone in TX, but against each other, I would say it looks more like this.

Denti
Infinity

High
ALSM
Neon
F-hero

Mid
Chic
Problemo
Kbot
Batou
Kovu
Xeven

Bottom
Zane
The Winged
SeriusC@

I don't know
OTL
Lock
Guikki

This looks more "accurate" than the Texas PR. As a community I would rather put this on my OP instead of the Texas PR.

Thanks for the insight.

Denti

Smash Master
Smashfest at my place tomorrow. Starts around like 4:30 pm. I will have a smash 64 set up. Anyone is invited, so if you want to come just do it :). Last all night, you can stay the night if you want to. My address is 5112 Leeray rd Keller tx. I phone number is 405-923-7133.

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
Inactive? Ouch, what was I, dead?
I don't blame y'all, I've been lurking as hard as ever lately. I was gonna go to Revolution 3 undercover and suprise some people, but I couldn't get anyone to come with, and by the time I narrowed it down, I found out my car had already been sent in on a part recall...
good luck to Batou on his TO hunt. And I'm sad that tomorrow I already had plans with a friend. Yet again I miss another of Denti's Snazzfests (snazzy eh?)

I'll definitely try harder to check when smashfests are up so I can reconnect with my buds.

heck, Once I become more confident about driving, I might be ft worth's next carpool.

EDIT: Damn, Denti is too good... Sniped my invisible posterior.

Denti

Smash Master
IMA SNIPER!

If you ever need help getting a ride to and from a Revolution let me know. I will help you and any friend who has a lack of ride as well. Seriously, I will. :)

I should be holding tons of smashfest these next few days in order to prepare for the Cali tournament

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
So we should not base the Fort Worth PR off of the Texas PR. Sounds reasonable. I'll be heading over to Denti's smashfest around 5pm~ish. If you need a ride, let me know.

:phone:
Well for us...it's different...we don't represent all of Texas so a PR based off of that seems more...accurate. But yes if you want to vote on it, please do.....I like the idea.

ZANE I SEE YOU LURKING! COME TO MY SMAshfest AND TOURNAMENTS!
HOW DID YOU KNOW?! :D

Inactive? Ouch, what was I, dead?
I don't blame y'all, I've been lurking as hard as ever lately. I was gonna go to Revolution 3 undercover and suprise some people, but I couldn't get anyone to come with, and by the time I narrowed it down, I found out my car had already been sent in on a part recall...
good luck to Batou on his TO hunt. And I'm sad that tomorrow I already had plans with a friend. Yet again I miss another of Denti's Snazzfests (snazzy eh?)

I'll definitely try harder to check when smashfests are up so I can reconnect with my buds.

heck, Once I become more confident about driving, I might be ft worth's next carpool.

EDIT: Damn, Denti is too good... Sniped my invisible posterior.

You got caught my good sir....CAUGHT....which pikmin latched onto you? Probably purple...

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion

Denti
Infinity

High
ALSM
Neon
F-hero

Mid
Chic
Problemo
Kbot
Batou
Kovu
Xeven

Bottom
Zane
The Winged
SeriusC@

I don't know
OTL
Lock
Guikki

If we were using tournament results against each other to determine our rankings I would be first on the list. Denti has only beaten me in tournament once out of like 4 or 5 times we've played and he's the only one on the list that's taken a set off of me in bracket.

That being said - this would cause the list to be completely inaccurate. Denti is much better overall right now than I am. Using results against each other is inaccurate and should not be used. Just use the Texas PR.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
If we were using tournament results against each other to determine our rankings I would be first on the list. Denti has only beaten me in tournament once out of like 4 or 5 times we've played and he's the only one on the list that's taken a set off of me in bracket.

That being said - this would cause the list to be completely inaccurate. Denti is much better overall right now than I am. Using results against each other is inaccurate and should not be used. Just use the Texas PR.
That's right. I forgot that you beat Denti more than he has beaten you.

BlinkIV

Avenger
Quick heads up guys. I'm going to be inactive for a week starting tomorrow, my Grandmother from NY is coming (Haven't seen her in like 8 years). And therefore, my parents are making me stay home the whole time.

Also, it is fully confirmed. That I will be dropping Falco as my main and maining Lucario from now on. Falco will stay as a sub-main character for me though.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Eh
The Texas PR wins.
More accurate.

Anyways, update the PR while your here Kovu.

Also as a request, put all the inactive people in a separate section from the rest of us.

Do it twice a month...beginning and end. Thanks bro.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Kovu, do you want me to take ownership of this thread so you don't have to worry about these guys bugging you about the front page? I can talk to a mod and have the pass it over to me.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Quick heads up guys. I'm going to be inactive for a week starting tomorrow, my Grandmother from NY is coming (Haven't seen her in like 8 years). And therefore, my parents are making me stay home the whole time.

Also, it is fully confirmed. That I will be dropping Falco as my main and maining Lucario from now on. Falco will stay as a sub-main character for me though.
Oh no! Not a week! Better put him on the inactive list! :)

Kovu, do you want me to take ownership of this thread so you don't have to worry about these guys bugging you about the front page? I can talk to a mod and have the pass it over to me.
Good idea

<3 you guys, you know i love you
<3

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Infinity, make a post, and I will merge that with the OP in order to give you control. I'll hop on it tonight (or tomorrow if my date goes well, haha).

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
The New Fort Worth Thread

I'm making this thread so that Zigsta can merge this post with the other Fort Worth thread to grant me ownership of the thread. I'll update it as soon as the threads are merged. You rock, Ziggy :p

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I sensed Mario Party 2 in this thread.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
I sensed Mario Party 2 in this thread.
My personal best play through ever! So you know about the party demon you talk about?...
....He awakened in me last night/this morning. Batou, Denti, ALSM, and I played 2 games. The first game was on Pirate land. I go last, but first turn, I roll a 1 and find a hidden star. Like 2 turns later, ALSM gets a hidden star too. On top of htat, towards the end I find hidden coins. :x Just a bunch of bull**** kept happening in my favor the entire game.

Game 2, Denti's all like "hey, Mystery Land sounds good." I told him "No, that land only brings salt. It's terrible. Probably the worst land in the game." After I said that, we were all like "Let's do it!" Within like the first few turns, I get a hidden star again. Later on, Sergio gets the lamp, forgetting that I have the plunger chest, so I get another star too. It took forever before someone actually walked up to toad and got the star legitely. ALSM started to bring it back by continuously landing on chance time. He had the roulletes down to an art and twice stole a star from me. Denti was so salty, every chance he got, he paid the shy guys 5 coins to put a curse on me. lol

There was some other stuff that happened too, but those were the highlights from my perspective.

The greatest part of it all was that altogether I landed on a Bowser space about 5 times both games. FOUR of those times, I got the 100 start gift or the 1000 coin present! :bee:
What can I say? Zigsta just loves me! ;)

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Lol, you were using Yoshi too, so at the end of the game it was like Polt going in chaingrabbing Zigsta across to the edge of the stage and back with an epic spike off the grab release to seal the deal. GG.

Top Bottom