• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dallas/Fort Worth! - www.twitch.tv/tourneylocator at 7pm on Thursdays

BlinkIV

Avenger
Don't tempt me, boy. I'm sure you don't want to eat those words, so I will be merciful, and spare your feeble soul.

:phone:
Woah woah woah, you can go ahead and pick up the game, here, I'll tell you. S tier is Karai and Rat King, but they're banned for being overpowered and stupid, so the highest in the tier list would be Armaggon, which! I have that MU learned like the back of my hand, just like Megaman X. Come@me.

Labernash

Smash Lord
That's right! That deal is going on to anyone who wants a dinner. Beat me in a 2/3 set in TMNT: Tournament Fighters, and I'll take you to dinner. Goes to anyone, aside from Labertrash.
Sunny Beach.

Woah woah woah, you can go ahead and pick up the game, here, I'll tell you. S tier is Karai and Rat King, but they're banned for being overpowered and stupid, so the highest in the tier list would be Armaggon, which! I have that MU learned like the back of my hand, just like Megaman X. Come@me.
I knew he was good! Armaggon has some crazy priority on his specials.

I think Xeven should watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzOO2DqDnmQ&list=PL4B94009A13056F60&index=2&feature=plpp_video

Also, I want to try the TMNT challenge.
Genisis sucks. And GET AT MEEE!

mydadsacop123

Smash Apprentice
Lolololol howd u find that problemo? I had both games. I still have my snes cart. I dont remember alot of the genesis characters ( why couldnt they just have stockman and leatherhead?)
I do remember the genesis one seemed more violent (raphael face stab) but im an snes fan 2 tha end (aprils hotter in snes anyway)

Wait who the eff is aska i thought it was april

BlinkIV

Avenger
I knew he was good! Armaggon has some crazy priority on his specials.!
Armaggon is pretty nasty, I mean..his priority is stupid wack, but it's definitely beatable for anyone. The other A tier character (Yes, only two people in A tier) is Raphael, I still say Mikey should be switched with Raph because Mikey completely bodies Raphael and all the other Turtles with ease. Otherwise, another character to watch out for is Chrome Dome.

knuckles213

Smash Ace
Armaggon is pretty nasty, I mean..his priority is stupid wack, but it's definitely beatable for anyone. The other A tier character (Yes, only two people in A tier) is Raphael, I still say Mikey should be switched with Raph because Mikey completely bodies Raphael and all the other Turtles with ease. Otherwise, another character to watch out for is Chrome Dome.
I fell like rapheal can be ****, I feel like chrome dome can space/zone the hell out of you.

I like don and aska, I been practicing a little, but I feel like this game has no learning curve nor no way to practice with out getting your *** handed to you by the cpu in any mode you play

BlinkIV

Avenger
I fell like rapheal can be ****, I feel like chrome dome can space/zone the hell out of you.

I like don and aska, I been practicing a little, but I feel like this game has no learning curve nor no way to practice with out getting your *** handed to you by the cpu in any mode you play
Raphael does have some nice combos though, Chrome Dome can space easy, his command grab is so freaking amazing, Donny is alright but, he just can't space as well as Chrome Dome, Chrome Spark is really good, but so is Rune Claw, Donny's other specials aren't really the best. Asks is low tier and needs to stay there. In other terms, I can post a tier list here for you guys to discuss.

S Tier (Banned tier)
Karai - Banned because her combos are SO easy to damage, so damaging, amazing hitstun, unblockable setups, her super does outrageous damage on block, and plently of re-dizzy combos.
Rat King - Banned because you can buffer his command grab (Rat Bomber) out of ANY OF HIS NORMALS, not to mention his Rat Bomber does insane damage, his super does crazy amount on block, his other specials moves have high priority on them.

A Tier
Armaggon
Raphael

B Tier
Wingnut
Michelangelo
Donatello

C Tier
Cyber Shedder
Chrome Dome
Leonardo

D Tier
Aska
War

This is the basic tier list right now, I feel there are a few changes that should be made, but eh. One of the major changes that needs to happen in Donny needs to switch with Chrome Dome. Other than that..let's hear thoughts.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
It's not a matter of camping... It's a matter of spacing. And man oh man, Armaggon has some reach for sure.

I wish Aska (the first character I picked in this game) had more priority, otherwise I'd be using her.

Anyways, I have other stuff to take care of in my crusade, so it will have to wait. In due time, Xeven; in due time.

knuckles213

Smash Ace
Raphael does have some nice combos though, Chrome Dome can space easy, his command grab is so freaking amazing, Donny is alright but, he just can't space as well as Chrome Dome, Chrome Spark is really good, but so is Rune Claw, Donny's other specials aren't really the best. Asks is low tier and needs to stay there. In other terms, I can post a tier list here for you guys to discuss.

S Tier (Banned tier)
Karai - Banned because her combos are SO easy to damage, so damaging, amazing hitstun, unblockable setups, her super does outrageous damage on block, and plently of re-dizzy combos.
Rat King - Banned because you can buffer his command grab (Rat Bomber) out of ANY OF HIS NORMALS, not to mention his Rat Bomber does insane damage, his super does crazy amount on block, his other specials moves have high priority on them.

A Tier
Armaggon
Raphael

B Tier
Wingnut
Michelangelo
Donatello

C Tier
Cyber Shedder
Chrome Dome
Leonardo

D Tier
Aska
War

This is the basic tier list right now, I feel there are a few changes that should be made, but eh. One of the major changes that needs to happen in Donny needs to switch with Chrome Dome. Other than that..let's hear thoughts.
I dont know about the kurai or rat king well enough, but this how I feel Xeven correct me if I'm wrong. have put much thought into which character beats which, but I know a few would.

A Tier

Michelangelo (I saw vid on youtube fast speed no damage, yea it was flagged for sexual content)
- if you know how to use him, can **** anyone

Raphael (hes ****, but I dont feel hes that good. maybe good at punishing and reads)
- I only say below mikey because I feel like mikey is faster with is moves

B Tier
Armaggon (I dont know about him, I dont think hes ****, but he can sure spam moves quickly and pressure opponents)
- can really spam the same set of moves any win

Wingnut (hes quick, I feel like he keeps lower tiers in check)
- a really fast charcter, but everyone above him would counter him hard
Chrome Dome (can space/zone hard)
- nuff said

C Tier
Donatello (he can camp)
- I feel like he can camp you hard, but would be easliy overpowered by speed or being punished

Aska (quick and easy to use, but can be punished easy I feel)
- would give chun lee a run for her money

Leonardo (he can stay where hes at, hes not that great, but easy to use for beginners I think)
- this is ryu in a turtle suit

D Tier
Cyber Shedder (I feel like the cpu could **** with this character, but has no potenial when a human uses him)
- I feel like M.Bison without his powers.....useless

War (feels helpless with this character and would get wrecked by everyone else)
- the only way I could see winning with him is by pulling a ALSM (HARD TIMEOUTS)
- space down tilt and that move where he goes up and comes down on your head

-RedShadow

Smash Ace
ALSM,

Just a thought, but if you're going to A-kon on Friday, you should get with Denti to possibly make some flyers for your tournament, then pass them out to everyone who enters the brawl events.

knuckles213

Smash Ace
Swaka! Are you coming to Texas Crusade Series in less than two weeks away?

I will be coming if I have that day off, You want recording right?

Plus I if I'm able to go to your texas crusade than I'm not going to a-kon, cause I feel like I would be wasting a lot money.

if I go a-kon than need housing starting tonight or tomorrow same goes for your tourny

BlinkIV

Avenger
It's not a matter of camping... It's a matter of spacing. And man oh man, Armaggon has some reach for sure.

I wish Aska (the first character I picked in this game) had more priority, otherwise I'd be using her.

Anyways, I have other stuff to take care of in my crusade, so it will have to wait. In due time, Xeven; in due time.

To you, it's not a matter if Aska needs more priority, her moves DO have priority infact, it's just she can't zone, she doesn't have projectiles to be safe, and she doesn't have combos. The only "combo" she does have is I think Jumping Heavy Kick to her super attack.

I dont know about the kurai or rat king well enough, but this how I feel Xeven correct me if I'm wrong. have put much thought into which character beats which, but I know a few would.

A Tier

Michelangelo (I saw vid on youtube fast speed no damage, yea it was flagged for sexual content)
- if you know how to use him, can **** anyone

Raphael (hes ****, but I dont feel hes that good. maybe good at punishing and reads)
- I only say below mikey because I feel like mikey is faster with is moves

B Tier
Armaggon (I dont know about him, I dont think hes ****, but he can sure spam moves quickly and pressure opponents)
- can really spam the same set of moves any win

Wingnut (hes quick, I feel like he keeps lower tiers in check)
- a really fast charcter, but everyone above him would counter him hard
Chrome Dome (can space/zone hard)
- nuff said

C Tier
Donatello (he can camp)
- I feel like he can camp you hard, but would be easliy overpowered by speed or being punished

Aska (quick and easy to use, but can be punished easy I feel)
- would give chun lee a run for her money

Leonardo (he can stay where hes at, hes not that great, but easy to use for beginners I think)
- this is ryu in a turtle suit

D Tier
Cyber Shedder (I feel like the cpu could **** with this character, but has no potenial when a human uses him)
- I feel like M.Bison without his powers.....useless

War (feels helpless with this character and would get wrecked by everyone else)
- the only way I could see winning with him is by pulling a ALSM (HARD TIMEOUTS)
- space down tilt and that move where he goes up and comes down on your head
Yeah, some characters need to just stay in low tier where they belong. Like I said earlier, I feel as if Mikey should be higher in the list, Chrome Dome should be higher as well, and also Donny should drop abit. Don't get me wrong, Donny can zone but, the hardest thing for Donny to do is get in. War is just booty, and he will forever be low tier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDGxChmOnYY

is this the game you all have been talking about?

how da **** do people care for this competitively @_@
Simple. SNES. Wizardy.

No.

That's me.

This is what happens when you choose my character!
Share the looooooooove!

Labernash

Smash Lord
@Xeven Sweet, I use Raphael first, cause he's the best turtle, but I felt bad because I didn't know if he was good!!! But, Armaggon beats out a lot of air approaches with his rising shark head thing, it feels like, and glides over projectiles. But, I do like that the turtles can roll.

@Batou Nah man, it's a 60 second timer, use Leonardo. Roll from groun stuff, makes people have to jump to catch you, Leonardo crouching Hard Punch, sticks his sword at the perfect angle and knocks you back to try again. I time the CPU's out all the time.

@Sawka Well, you can put the difficulty easier in the options. But I train on higher difficulty just to make sure. Kinda forcing my skills up faster, because I have to adapt to something better.

BlinkIV

Avenger
@Xeven Sweet, I use Raphael first, cause he's the best turtle, but I felt bad because I didn't know if he was good!!! But, Armaggon beats out a lot of air approaches with his rising shark head thing, it feels like, and glides over projectiles. But, I do like that the turtles can roll..
Yeah dude, Raph is definitely the best of the turtles. I still say Mikey is, because I have an infinite guard loop on EVERY Turtle, otherwise in terms of prority, I say Raphael would beat Mikey normally. Granted both plays know how to use both of them "correctly" and play the MU right. Armaggon is just an..******. Screw him, his DP (Dragon Punch) move is just SO good, high priority, his other move when he glides across the screen is just BS, since your Raph, you could counter it using Chest Buster I believe (Hold back for 3-5 seconds then do forward and either low kick or heavy kick). His projectile is pretty good as well, but honestly. The best way to get better in this game, is to just practice nonstop against CPU's on the highest difficulty. I play on Hi-Speed 2 by the way, so get used to it!

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
I will be coming if I have that day off, You want recording right?

Plus I if I'm able to go to your texas crusade than I'm not going to a-kon, cause I feel like I would be wasting a lot money.

if I go a-kon than need housing starting tonight or tomorrow same goes for your tourny
I'm sure Denti can house you for Texas Crusade Series 1. If you make it to my tourney, that would be great! We haven't seen you in quite awhile...

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Yeah dude, Raph is definitely the best of the turtles. I still say Mikey is, because I have an infinite guard loop on EVERY Turtle, otherwise in terms of prority, I say Raphael would beat Mikey normally. Granted both plays know how to use both of them "correctly" and play the MU right. Armaggon is just an..******. Screw him, his DP (Dragon Punch) move is just SO good, high priority, his other move when he glides across the screen is just BS, since your Raph, you could counter it using Chest Buster I believe (Hold back for 3-5 seconds then do forward and either low kick or heavy kick). His projectile is pretty good as well, but honestly. The best way to get better in this game, is to just practice nonstop against CPU's on the highest difficulty. I play on Hi-Speed 2 by the way, so get used to it!

Lol, I chipped Kurai to death the whole match with Armaggon's projectile; she just stood there taking those buffered projectiles. I never lol'd so hard. Cpu mad free! lol

BlinkIV

Avenger
Lol, I chipped Kurai to death the whole match with Armaggon's projectile; she just stood there taking those buffered projectiles. I never lol'd so hard. Cpu mad free! lol

LOL. So free. Try fighting her on the hardest difficulty, while using high speed 3 (Unlocked via code). It's so hard but so fun, I remember chipping her out to death by using Mikey's Dynamite Bomber loop on her guard. Shoutouts to Karai.

The code is: At the Title Screen, press Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B,
A on controller 2.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Zach64, most of us are like, graduated from high school. School has BEEN ended for those in college. I almost forgot school is now just ending for minors; it's been so long, it makes me feel... old.... Nah, I'm still young. :)

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
So is there anything to do at akon if u dont have a badge? I live real close so i was wundering

There was a decent conversation about this earlier between Infern and Infinity, but I can't find it now. Basically, there are parts of the hotel you can still explore and you can meet all sorts of people in costumes, but you won't be able to go into any of the rooms officially reserved for A kon like the gaming room.

Top Bottom