• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D.B.R. Presents: GENESIS! RESULTS-Melee: Mango. Brawl: To Be Decided

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeSanti

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5242-9800
lol at the Euro vs USA argument

M2K and Armada fight a best of 3 without knowing best of 5.
Armada wins, they shake hands.
Drama ensues.

If they were to replay, it'd be stupid. Like someone mentioned in the past few pages, it'd be like pausing during a Falcon 0-death tech chase, you can't just make them play from where they left off after such a long period of time. Armada will have lost his momentum, M2K gets even more hyped now that he has a 2nd chance, etc etc too much **** to take in. Quit the *****ing, Armada wins. If anything, M2K will tear losers up (though Shiz will wreck him so yeah)

Any news on CO18?

imoneofthem

Smash Apprentice
stop being fanboys everyone, europe and US and accept results jeez..gl to whoever's in the finals

US flaming europe and the other way round has to stop

- Fuzzyness

yellowroy

Smash Ace
lol JOHN MORE PLEASEEEE

armada 4 stocked masashi, m2k got 2-0'd in pools by some random scrub

goodbye logic.

even though i agree that the results aren't fair cause of DBR, it still makes you an idiot

is that 2 times you've underestimated armada and was 100% on m2k and shiz winning? go on have another shot.
he didn't play the guy in pools.

Drako_o

Smash Rookie
How about because M2K has proven himself in the past by beasting the best players all over the world whereas Armada has only beaten...Shiz, for top players? And he hasn't even beaten M2K yet because they cut off the set? Armada got jv3 stocked by Shiz in an earlier match, and he also lost to some random scrub Ganon in pools. M2K is a hundred times more technical, not to mention that his mindgames are insane and he has 4-stocked and totally owned top players whereas Armada usually sticks in Europe.

M2K > Armada, I don't care who wins the set. I can at least say M2K is a good contender even after he's lost most of his Melee skills since picking up Brawl.

When you talk about beasting the best players all over the WORLD you mean North America right ? because Armada made the same thing in Europe guy.

KillL0ck

Smash Ace
No, being 1st Seed in your bracket places you so you face the worst players in other brackets. If he went 2nd Seed he's a moron.

nawnscents

Smash Apprentice
To everyone saying the set was not legit: think about it. The set that Armada and M2K (who both had the mentality that it was a best of 3 set) played is much more legit than a continued set would have been (with the continued set being all momentum lost and having to pick up where they left off).

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Put it this way .. what if they played a best of 5 from the beginning and m2k won the set 3-2... But armada was 2-1 somewhere in the set..and after that they found out it was a best of 3... would you give the win to armada?? The answer is NO..So this actually IS the right way

BunBun

Smash Master
How about because M2K has proven himself in the past by beasting the best players all over the world whereas Armada has only beaten...Shiz, for top players? And he hasn't even beaten M2K yet because they cut off the set? Armada got jv3 stocked by Shiz in an earlier match, and he also lost to some random scrub Ganon in pools. M2K is a hundred times more technical, not to mention that his mindgames are insane and he has 4-stocked and totally owned top players whereas Armada usually sticks in Europe.

M2K > Armada, I don't care who wins the set. I can at least say M2K is a good contender even after he's lost most of his Melee skills since picking up Brawl.
lol JOHN MORE PLEASEEEE

goodbye logic.

even though i agree that the results aren't fair cause of DBR, it still makes you an idiot

is that 2 times you've underestimated armada and was 100% on m2k and shiz winning? go on have another shot.
Both of the bolded parts are untrue

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
lol JOHN MORE PLEASEEEE

goodbye logic.

M2K forfeited in pools, moron.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
No, being 1st Seed in your bracket places you so you face the worst players in other brackets. If he went 2nd Seed he's a moron.
Yes, but there are different top players at the end of the bracket. Somebody said he sandbagged / forfeited so that he could avoid some players that he didn't feel like playing at the end of the bracket.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Armada got jv3 stocked by Shiz in an earlier match, and he also lost to some random scrub Ganon in pools.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaand M2K has also been 3-stocked by Shiz with Marth, and 2-stocked by his Fox. Shiz is very good, I don't understand why being jv3-stocked by him is horrible at all. He still won the set, on that note.

On the topic of that Ganon he lost to, someone mentioned laggy TV johns earlier in the thread, which are 100% legit. They're banned from tournaments because they screw with people's gameplay so much. Someone else mentioned that Armada 3/4 stocked that Ganon in their next two games, and he also 3-stocked Kage in crews.

So, yeah. If the second part is true, then that's pretty much lol at the scrub Ganon comment.

random-ness

Smash Cadet
This is really stupid, there is no point in arguin, we all play the same game, after all, we're just a big community, all2gether, stop hatin' on Armada, or the ruleset.

This is just the unfortunate way it turned out, It's not over yet.
I still cheer 4 Mada though XD

Princz15

Smash Apprentice
lol JOHN MORE PLEASEEEE

goodbye logic.

YOU DUMB ****. M2k likes getting second seed so he lets them take the win Effing ****head

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
lol at the Euro vs USA argument

M2K and Armada fight a best of 3 without knowing best of 5.
Armada wins, they shake hands.
Drama ensues.

If they were to replay, it'd be stupid. Like someone mentioned in the past few pages, it'd be like pausing during a Falcon 0-death tech chase, you can't just make them play from where they left off after such a long period of time. Armada will have lost his momentum, M2K gets even more hyped now that he has a 2nd chance, etc etc too much **** to take in. Quit the *****ing, Armada wins. If anything, M2K will tear losers up (though Shiz will wreck him so yeah)
Your wise, my young apprentice.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
And SmashBoards again proves that Smash Bros. has one of the worst gaming communities in the world. Good job.

Speaking on idiots in this thread, not the good people actually at Genesis.

White_Mike

Smash Lord
Wow what is with all the people claiming that anyone who wanted the set continued are m2k.USA fanboys.

I just want the match to be legit, the number of matches in a set isn't up to the players.

debaser

Smash Lord
hahahah and here come the wild, unfounded assumptions and accusations.

Yeah, WC just hates M2K. Word up.

Timo

Smash Cadet
It doesn't matter if they agreed to a bo3. You make it sound like they said, "what do you want to play?" "oh, okay, let's do a bo3"

They did a bo3 because they just ASSUMED it was a bo3. It wasn't. Chibo told them the real rules, and Mango and Scar did a bo5 afterwards, yet DBR stepped in with Armada vs. M2K and gave Armada the win.

They went back on their rules TWICE. With like $4000 on the line, you can't say, "Oh well, who cares now." Armada's going to get so much **** that he doesn't deserve, and M2K may have missed an opportunity to win 2000 dollars.
that's the ****ing point

Zgetto

Smash Ace
I don't ****ing understand you foreigners. If Armada lost you would want him to get the 3/5 that the rules state. At least have the same ****ing courtesy you ignorant frenchies.
And If M2k would have won 2-1 it would be the same thing..
In the end it doesnt matter armada won 2-1 thats all there is to it

craiigg

Smash Lord
LOL, ok then, and armada lost because of a laggy tv..

i personally thought m2k was going to win, cause hes a ****ing beast. dont take it to heart rofl

Lobos

Smash Master
kismet > valdens, t0mmy > inui, chip > sean, valdens > hitori, richbrown > leepuff

CHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom