• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cyn's Sh*t

D

Deleted member

I don't get the hype for 90's Sonic. Everytime I try to play them they're very underwhelming. It's hard to control because of the physics, which is one reason why I dislike the gameplay. It just feels slow to me, ironically.
I don't necessarily think it's hard to control, but I hate that every time you start running, you have to go through that first 5 seconds where you go as fast as molasses. Also, which game are you playing?

Javln Mastr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Modernlykos
3DS FC
3823-8516-1685
I don't necessarily think it's hard to control, but I hate that every time you start running, you have to go through that first 5 seconds where you go as fast as molasses. Also, which game are you playing?
The original 4 on Sega Genesis. Also the screen pans in too far, and I always die to stuff that the games make me run into. The level design is dumb imo

OH MY GOD I'M GOING TO ****ING KILL YOU
Screenshot_2016-03-24-20-37-14.png

Last edited:

Cynapse

Smash Ace
The level design is dumb imo
We can't be friends.
Edit:
And you're just bad.
. . .
So I just got home from my first local. I had a really bad tournament experience for Brawl when I was younger (attacked a kid,) and have since then avoided putting myself in the scene. But today I broke out of my shell and decided to face my fears rather than doing HD Ganon stuff for Dolphin. Sorry, @Nanobuds. Btw, no one there knew who you were. I was amazed. (they all begged me for Awakening Roy tho lol) Also @Layell, someone first thought HD Green Sigurd Marth was a Power Ranger. No joke.

Which brings me to another thing. I was the only one there out of ~40 or so people running a more professional modded build. Most of them had (IMO garbage) custom music and one or two skins, but that was it. At first I was a bit worried that they were all strictly against any sort of modding, but then I found out that the majority of them were simply ignorant to the practice which was absolutely astounding to me. Responses to my current WIP Dolphin build ranged from, "Oh, that's cool." to, "Whoa dude that's awesome! You should put it out there for everyone!" to "Can you show me how to do that?" That made my night.

The whole ordeal was a very vexing experience. I (surprisingly) had a lot of fun and heard a wide number of opinions on the state of PM in regards to its current stage rule sets. Many people were wearing headphones because they were bored of the limited soundtrack thanks to the limited stages. The TOs are open to having new custom stages on the roster but are also under the impression that very few solid balanced ones exist. Thanks to @Xermo, @soopercool101 and everyone else who stages, I managed to show them otherwise. However, they complained that changing icons sounds like a lot of work to them. I laughed.

Later I busted out the dev build and Ridley. Mixed but mostly positive responses there, @BaganSmashBros. Knux and Lyn were a smash hit though.

But more importantly than anything else, I MADE FRIENDS. A mod of game and mods for that mod somehow brought antisocial me closer together with people. It'll be nice not having to play with CPUs all the time. (too chicken**** for Netplay) PM is a beautiful thing.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Speaking of old games, I remember watching BrainScratchComms' playthrough of Megaman X2 and thinking "Damn, I want this game. I somehow got my hands on a Wii points card, and went and got the game. I picked up the controller... And I sucked. I barely beat the intro stage boss, and that thing is easy as hell. I didn't know all the ins and outs of the game, and I was overwhelmed by the difficulty of the game. But over time, I learned where all the upgrades were, figured out how to abuse the rules of the game to get stuff early, and generally kick ass. I still remember where all the pickups are. I feel most 8 and 16 bit games are the same. You have to be devoted to loving it, and then it will be natural.

Javln Mastr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Modernlykos
3DS FC
3823-8516-1685
Speaking of old games, I remember watching BrainScratchComms' playthrough of Megaman X2 and thinking "Damn, I want this game. I somehow got my hands on a Wii points card, and went and got the game. I picked up the controller... And I sucked. I barely beat the intro stage boss, and that thing is easy as hell. I didn't know all the ins and outs of the game, and I was overwhelmed by the difficulty of the game. But over time, I learned where all the upgrades were, figured out how to abuse the rules of the game to get stuff early, and generally kick ***. I still remember where all the pickups are. I feel most 8 and 16 bit games are the same. You have to be devoted to loving it, and then it will be natural.
Mario Party was the s*** when I was younger! I wasn't good at video games, and I'm still not. I love Smash because at least I can do things with it. It's so fun to play, but modding and interacting with a community is the reason I stay.

I don't really play a lot of games anymore because I've sorted just gotten lazy with what I want to play. And don't get me wrong, I've given 2d Sonic A LOT of my tims in the past, but I've comw to accept that it isn't for me. Cynapse Cynapse it isn't that I hate the 2d games, it's just that the games never engaged me, and it needs to be up to the developer to make a game that feels good to play. Not saying they're bad at all, it's just that in comparison to other media, it never held onto my attention and I was fed up trying to like it.

Cynapse

Smash Ace
Mario Party was the s*** when I was younger! I wasn't good at video games, and I'm still not. I love Smash because at least I can do things with it. It's so fun to play, but modding and interacting with a community is the reason I stay.

I don't really play a lot of games anymore because I've sorted just gotten lazy with what I want to play. And don't get me wrong, I've given 2d Sonic A LOT of my tims in the past, but I've comw to accept that it isn't for me. Cynapse Cynapse it isn't that I hate the 2d games, it's just that the games never engaged me, and it needs to be up to the developer to make a game that feels good to play. Not saying they're bad at all, it's just that in comparison to other media, it never held onto my attention and I was fed up trying to like it.
Ahh...

Javln Mastr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Modernlykos
3DS FC
3823-8516-1685
I calls em as I sees em. At least Smash is something we all can agree on, but it's at least funny to see Cynapse Cynapse lose his rings over some nobody's unpopular preference.

Cynapse

Smash Ace

cramazzratazz

Smash Apprentice
hey cyn, so i have your new rainbow character pack and the text doesnt make any mention of a mewtwo patch (aesthetically with the hover, you know the one)
also, how about that legacy pack rainbow mooooode

Cynapse

Smash Ace
hey cyn, so i have your new rainbow character pack and the text doesnt make any mention of a mewtwo patch (aesthetically with the hover, you know the one)
also, how about that legacy pack rainbow mooooode
I fixed a bunch of stuff but I guess I forgot to push the patch? Will get on that later tonight.

Legacy what now?

Cynapse

Smash Ace
So today I was fired.
. . .
Thinking about unemployment, I crumpled my face at my former boss and literally said, "**** that!" before dropping my key card and walking out.

I returned home, sulked for a bit, then pulled some strings. A few hours later I'm shredding my termination letter and framing my shiny new offer letter for a much better company.

Today is a good day.

Last edited:
Its amazing what we can accomplish when we make an active decision to let go of the past. Almost makes you wonder why we waited so long to do it in the first place. Kind of annoying how attached we can be to our own comfort.

Cynapse

Smash Ace
So the metal project is mostly done. Just need to finish up the last few stragglers and do (ugh) CSPs. Feeling way too lazy right now though and besides, stocks are just the right amount of frustrating and manageable! Maybe I should submit these to the HD project on the Dolphin forums?
Brawl.png

Okay!
Brawl.png

Hoo-ha!
Brawl.png

S.O.B. (no recolors)

Last edited:

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
What is that thing in the middle?

Also, I'm now Geitz, apparently.

Last edited:

Cynapse

Smash Ace
Took fourth at my weekly. There's no reason I should have gotten that far before getting bodied by some fellow calling himself JBIV. He plays a mean ICs and Sheik. It was my first attempt in any sort of PM bracket, so I'm happy.

More importantly though is that a number of people there are now fervently curious about modding. Your starter kit proved immensely useful, @Layell!

Last edited:

Cynapse

Smash Ace
PISSED

My Dolphin is suddenly producing **** audio, lagging, crashing, the works. Was running a 5.0 dev build, traded it for like...4.09, same problems. Ishiiruka is doing the same thing. I wiped my settings and carefully reconstructed everything using F-Zero GX as my test game. No bueno, not ****ing happy.

Suggestions?

PISSED

My Dolphin is suddenly producing **** audio, lagging, crashing, the works. Was running a 5.0 dev build, traded it for like...4.09, same problems. Ishiiruka is doing the same thing. I wiped my settings and carefully reconstructed everything using F-Zero GX as my test game. No bueno, not ****ing happy.

Suggestions?
Make sure you're deleting the correct Dolphin folder, including the one in My Documents.

Cynapse

Smash Ace
Rainbow Pikmin are a no-go for the time being; the little ******** won't do what I tell them to, yet I managed 100% in all three games!
00000000-8.png

Cynapse

Smash Ace
Took first at my weekly! A certain @Arc Tangent would likely disagree and call me a sniveling asshat because I technically took second, but we both know my Ganon (and general ability/knowledge XD) beats the life out of his, right? (Sheik is stupid, end of story)

Top Bottom