• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cyn's Sh*t

Cynapse

Smash Ace
Somehow didn't the read the word left. Silly brain. From what I can see it's not possible without leaving his right in the same petrified state that its currently in. Drogoth said it was preposed.

Cynapse

Smash Ace
My excessive free time has finally come to an end! (hired on for a sweet competitive job)

Worry not. I'll still be working on my various bits and bobs of mumbo-jumbo.
Here's a clue for the next monstrosity.
koopaEyeYellow.png

Last edited:

Cynapse

Smash Ace
Perseverance pays, people. I tried everything within reason to fix OoT Ganon's metals but failed and flat-out gave up. Then I tried something really stupid and—holy ****—it worked! I don't know or remember what I did so it's unlikely that I'll be able to replicate the fix for other models with broken transparencies as the settings necessary are unique to each circumstance.
It's too bad he looks terrible in BrawlBox. CSPs are gonna be a chore.
00000000-22.png
Also more hybrid stuff because I can.
00000000-18.png

Last edited:

Cynapse

Smash Ace
Multi-posting because it's my thread and yeah.

Front page article. Read that ****. The main point highlights the tendency of communities avoiding talking about tough issues to avoid divisive conflict. Cry some more. Talk it out. (Sm4sh still sucks either way)

Also TF2, or as I call it—2fort. (also a map in the game) I'm the bomb-diggity shiznit at it, and I play with a PS3 controller. The other day I was kicked from a game for body-shotting too much with Sniper. It was hilarious. I also can't rocket jump for **** as Soldier using two analog sticks, which sucks. Like a lot.

Years of Smash don't translate well to a complicated FPS when you grew up playing CoD. Just an fyi, fraands!

Back on topic now.

Cynapse

Smash Ace
Status report:

I'm getting pretty close to finished with the rainbow thing for the PM alts. I'm going to exclude OoT Zelda and Sheik as they hardly look any different from the their Brawl counterparts with the effect applied. Samus and Zamus are going to be excluded as well unless they're requested. I have done the new 3.61 ZSS by Theytah and the gang, but not JB or the Fusion alts. I had to scrap the glow effect because I flat-out couldn't get it to cooperate in glowing white. Same for Dry Bowser's shell. Will try again in the future.

There's only a few characters left. Dark Peach is my current project, but her eyes are giving me serious trouble. If my last few tricks don't work, I'll have to bother someone for assistance. The lightning on Lucas' sword will likely have to be removed, too.

Also of note is that the majority of the PM alts look like absolute garbage in BrawlBox with the effect applied, so idk what I'll do for CSPs just yet.
. . .
Additionally, working my new job and still going ham on modding is far more taxing than I originally anticipated...and it's only been a week. I'm feeling pretty burnt out and think it might be a good idea to do something not related to Smash for a while.

Cynapse

Smash Ace
Dark Queen, Bear Climbers, Outset, Ninja Squirtle. All of them have eyes that I simply cannot figure out. I'll have to pass them on to someone else so for now they'll be excluded. Retro Pit's eyes and mouth are textured to his face but the FS eyes are not. I used them so he'll never blink or have expressions. It's creepy and not at all optimal but functional nonetheless.

Also fixed Zamus' glow and mmmmmm Smash 4 metal.
00000000-23.png

Cynapse

Smash Ace
Decided Sonic could use a new lose animation, so I took one of @SiLeNtDo0m 's works and made this. I'd say I did good for my first attempt at editing an animation. The loop is seamless but the GIF says otherwise. (my first GIF too)
NewLose.gif
I want his angry face and half-closed eyelids to show but idk how to get them to stick throughout the animation. Anyone know anything about that?

Edit: Never mind :)
Capture.PNG

Last edited:

Cynapse

Smash Ace
Now that I'm a bit more comfortable with animations and PSA, (been working on something with someone) I think I'll give Warlock Punch back to Falcondorf. Extreme disrespect, but purple!

Cynapse

Smash Ace
This post is irrelevant to modding. Consider it a journal entry.
:4cloud:
Today I finished FF7 for the first time. What the **** did I just spend ~25 hours on? I read the wiki for post-game plot clarity, but I'm still dreadfully confused. I think the game tried to do way more than it was capable of at the time in that regard. I don't consider the plot to be that great because I literally said wtf far too many times throughout my experience. It was too convoluted for its own good. The gameplay was solid aside from the goofy forced minigames, so props to Square for that. (though the last fight was way too easy and I missed a bunch of extra stuff)

Looking at all the spin-off stuff, I'm not sure what to think. I feel as though I would need to play and analyze all of the FF7 universe to get even the slightest understanding as to what's going on. Although I've heard watching whatever AC is would be a bad idea—can someone give me an opinion on that? I'm not at all attached to the game or its characters, so I think I can get through it without suffering any butthurt nostalgia problems. As for the prequels...they look unnecessarily complex. Shinra? Mad science? More horse**** experiments because reasons? None of this is relevant to the original base game? ****ing ****.

So I hope the upcoming remake addresses the problems in narration. Episodic installments sound wonderful because I needed a breather every 20 minutes or so to reorient myself. It'll also be nice to have some sense of depth in the environments rather than pixelated block monsters and super compressed hand-drawn stills.

When it comes to characters, Barret and Cid are my favorites solely for their spewing of profanity. (although Barret's design is stereotypical to the point of being racist) Sephiroth is easily one of the most boring antagonists ever—the complex Turk subplot was poorly executed but I believe is elaborated upon in the prequels.
. . .
In sum: Cloud falls short of being a memorable character thanks to narration problems and 90's attempts at development through garbage subconscious drivel. At least give me an explanation as to why I'm inside his head for half of the game in the remake, please. Having only played VII and X, I like Tidus better.

Also, Watch AC or no? (no idea what its about)

Javln Mastr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Modernlykos
3DS FC
3823-8516-1685
Im only partially familiar with the plot, so do you mind clarifying what the most ridiculous plot contrivences are?

Edit: I also remember another game series with a lot of plot holes too. Especially the one that came out in '06. Yeah that one, I think it was called, uh... Sonic Rivals! Yeah that one. It was a real pain in the... lower back area! Yeah in that whole region.

Last edited:

Cynapse

Smash Ace
I loved you Cy

HOW COULD U SAY THAT ABOUT MY FAVORITE GAME CY
Cyn for short if you would.

This is the PM forum. I'll bash whatever I damn-well please ;)
Im only partially familiar with the plot, so do you mind clarifying what the most ridiculous plot contrivences are?

Edit: I also remember another game series with a lot of plot holes too. Especially the one that came out in '06. Yeah that one, I think it was called, uh... Sonic Rivals! Yeah that one. It was a real pain in the... lower back area! Yeah in that whole region.
- Cloud's mind is so weak that he adopted memories from someone whom he wanted to be in order to cover gaps in his memory
- you are but aren't really chasing Sephiroth because POORLY EXECUTED PLOT TWIST HAHA GOT YOU
- Cait Sith was seriously supposed to die then the devs remembered he's a puppet so you get him right back
- Barret fabricates a horse**** story about how he's responsible for the destruction of a town because INSERT PLOT DEVIATION
- and much more

That was too close. Mind yourself.

Javln Mastr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Modernlykos
3DS FC
3823-8516-1685
Cloud just seems pretty generic to me. It's like the only way game or anime developers nowadays compensate shallow personalities with over the top character designs to keep your attention. Not trying to sound pretentious but that's just sort of how it is when you boil it down, but this is also coming from a guy that hasn't even played the game, so yeah.

D

Deleted member

skwair eenicks wuz hert bi dis thred and arent guna make anuther final fantasee evur agen.

U HERT THAIR FEELEENZ U SIBERBULEEZ

Javln Mastr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Modernlykos
3DS FC
3823-8516-1685
Also FF 13 sucks. I remember playing it like 4 years ago, and like 90% of the first disk was nonsensical cutscenes that was boring to watch. I got so bored during the second disk that I dropped it completely, but I think that's just cause I'm not much of an RPG guy, to my current understanding.

D

Deleted member

Also FF 13 sucks. I remember playing it like 4 years ago, and like 90% of the first disk was nonsensical cutscenes that was boring to watch. I got so bored during the second disk that I dropped it completely, but I think that's just cause I'm not much of an RPG guy, to my current understanding.
Just play Golden Sun. Honestly, it's my favorite game series besides Smash.

Cynapse

Smash Ace
Playing through FF7 again for giggles, Sephiroth unknowingly calls his father a walking mass of complexes. This game is beautifully stupid.
Just play Golden Sun. Honestly, it's my favorite game series besides Smash.
Issac's game? Dunno much about it, but Sonic is definitely better. Don't you ****ing laugh.

Javln Mastr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Modernlykos
3DS FC
3823-8516-1685
I don't even play games besides Smash tbh. I like PM because it at least allows me to be constructive upon something, by which I mean modding. If I spent my time wanting to play Smash competitively I would play Melee, but I'm not one to invest my time into that.

If I do play a game it would probably be Sonic. The next one better be like Unleashed/Generations or I'm gonna trash my PS4.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Playing through FF7 again for giggles, Sephiroth unknowingly calls his father a walking mass of complexes. This game is beautifully stupid.

Issac's game? Dunno much about it, but Sonic is definitely better. Don't you ****ing laugh.
Hehehe... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Listen, I love Sonic. When I was in 4th grade, I chose Sonic Mega Collection over Wind Waker. I, at one point, was a lifeform known on the intertubes as a "Sonicfag"(Thankfully, I made a full recovery.). But Golden Sun is in a league of it's own. IT IS LITERALLY COCAINE. I saw the third game at a retro game store, bought it, and was immediately sucked in. AND THE 3RD IS GENERALLY CONSIDERED THE WEAKEST. My sister doesn't play video games, but for a while, she was so addicted to it that she was ahead of me. THERE IS A REASON THAT THEY WERE GOING TO PUT ISAAC IN PROJECT M.

... So with all due respect, Sonic cannot hold a candle to Golden Sun.

Javln Mastr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Modernlykos
3DS FC
3823-8516-1685
Hehehe... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Listen, I love Sonic. When I was in 4th grade, I chose Sonic Mega Collection over Wind Waker. I, at one point, was a lifeform known on the intertubes as a "Sonicfag"(Thankfully, I made a full recovery.). But Golden Sun is in a league of it's own. IT IS LITERALLY COCAINE. I saw the third game at a retro game store, bought it, and was immediately sucked in. AND THE 3RD IS GENERALLY CONSIDERED THE WEAKEST. My sister doesn't play video games, but for a while, she was so addicted to it that she was ahead of me. THERE IS A REASON THAT THEY WERE GOING TO PUT ISAAC IN PROJECT M.

Sonic's continuity is garbage, it the devs just love to throw gimmicks in and reboot the gameplay after every installment so I'm inclined to agree.

How did this get way off topic?!?!?

Last edited:

Cynapse

Smash Ace
THERE IS A REASON THAT THEY WERE GOING TO PUT ISAAC IN PROJECT M.
Just wait til your gimmicky beta character is finished in ten years or so, then we'll throw down. You'll find out that next to me, you're simply too slow.
Sonic's continuity is garbage, it the devs just love to throw gimmicks in and reboot the gameplay after every installment so I'm inclined to agree.

It seems that neither of you really understand the franchise as a whole. Being a guru, I can brush off your ill-informed opinions without opening the spice cabinet.

The OP states that banter and stuff is welcome.

D

Deleted member

I DON'T KNOW

But seriously, get Golden Sun 1&2 as soon as possible. Also, this is a modding thread.

D

Deleted member

Just wait til your gimmicky beta character is finished in ten years or so, then we'll throw down. You'll find out that next to me, you're simply too slow.

It seems that neither of you really understand the franchise as a whole. Being a guru, I can brush off your ill-informed opinions without opening the spice cabinet.

The OP states that banter and stuff is welcome.
Not gonna lie, when I popped in the dev build and tried Isaac out, I was disappointed. He was insanely heavy, had incredibly laggy attacks, and speaking of attacks, they mostly sucked. Except Side-B. That crap is hilarious to gimp people with.

I understand the series down to a science. It's just that GOLDEN SUN IS LIKE AMBROSIA

Javln Mastr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Modernlykos
3DS FC
3823-8516-1685
It seems not that it seems I don't understand. Because Sonic's continuity is so jumbled and makes no sense cuz of how poorly managed the series is handled.

D

Deleted member

I don't even wanna think about what may be in there. So I guess the rainbow effect doesn't work so well outside of PM or vBrawl?
Nevermind, it works perfectly. Just had to clean the controller port.

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
Since cynapse said we could discuss stuff not related to modding(right?) I thought I'd post this here.

Have any of you read Ready Player One? What are your thoughts about it? My friend circle is made up of people my age, so I thought that it would be interesting to see what other people thought about it.

Cynapse

Smash Ace
Since cynapse said we could discuss stuff not related to modding(right?) I thought I'd post this here.

Have any of you read Ready Player One? What are your thoughts about it? My friend circle is made up of people my age, so I thought that it would be interesting to see what other people thought about it.
So long as it falls within the general compliance of courtesy and decency, I welcome discussion.

I'm not too terribly fond of RPO. I haven't read it myself, but I've done a solid chunk of reading on it. At a glance, it appears to touch on what I consider to be relatively elementary concepts and themes. It's more of a narrative than a commentary. I'll say that much.

If you want VGs and sci-fi mixed together to showcase the horrors of futuristic escapism, take a look at the movies Gamer and Surrogates. The former has Terry Crews, the latter Bruce Willis. It's good stuff, but society has me worried. Even so there are still plenty of technologically incompetent people running the show, which I guess could be counted as some form of solace.

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
At a glance, it appears to touch on what I consider to be relatively elementary concepts and themes. It's more of a narrative than a commentary. I'll say that much.
The amount of 80s references were a lot, and as someone who wasn't there in that era, the magic seemed diminished as many of the references were lost on me.

Javln Mastr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Modernlykos
3DS FC
3823-8516-1685
I don't get the hype for 90's Sonic. Everytime I try to play them they're very underwhelming. It's hard to control because of the physics, which is one reason why I dislike the gameplay. It just feels slow to me, ironically.

Cynapse

Smash Ace
I don't get the hype for 90's Sonic. Everytime I try to play them they're very underwhelming. It's hard to control because of the physics, which is one reason why I dislike the gameplay. It just feels slow to me, ironically.
OH MY GOD I'M GOING TO ****ING KILL YOU

Top Bottom