• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Custom Special Move Catalog (Currently Empty, Need Data!)

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
We have 612 special moves to catalog. Wow!
Let's get all these in one easy to manage location.

Got a Japanese copy of the game?

You do the fun part--test a move and record a simple description.
I'll do the boring part and organize it.
All you have to do is contact me for permission to edit the sheet.

The spreadsheet is here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XurTttom3Fw0RS2ELrNBcJESFps6tdw6uNe8PaOoYcc

Request permission to edit in this topic, by PM, or by emailing me at chocolate.pi -at- gmail.com (Email will get the fastest response)

Get excited!

Last edited:

NobleClamtasm

Smash Journeyman
From watching one of the streams, I remember Captain Falcon having a lunging falcon punch, and a faster electrical raptor boost that covers more distance.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Edit: All of it is edited in the sheet. Ignore this post.

Last edited:

Triblaze

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Triblaze0
Marth has that dash shield breaker. And all of marios and kirbys i believe were in a famitsu article. Oh and Robin's and Palutena's trailers!

Last edited:

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
Curious - any reason that you're making the clones have their similar default moves as their secondary?

The only reason I ask, is that it'll take a hell of a lot of testing and determination to give these characters a specific primary moveset if they have so many alternatives to work with.

As far as tourney legal is concerned... when you a number like 612, it really puts it in perspective.

Leonyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Leonyx3
3DS FC
2638-1926-1616
There's a bunch of custom moves from the translated pages in this thread. I might post some when I get the chance, but feel free to jump in there yourself. Each of the Mii Fighter moves are in the last two pages.

dansal

Smash Apprentice
Just saw ganondorf with:

- an idle b that attacks with a sword instead of a punch.

- a down b that hits multiple times instead of grabbing.

saw a wario down-b that inflicted that flower DoT instead of massive knockback

saw a sheik idle-b; fewer needles (three), penetrates enemies instead, enemies can't be too far away though

via this stream:

http://www.twitch.tv/gema_yue

Last edited:

dansal

Smash Apprentice
Kirby has:

- an up-b that basically acts like marth's up-b.

- a down-b that buries

dansal

Smash Apprentice
Falco:

- up-b variant that charges for half a second (or less) but doesn't travel as far

jigglypuff:

- sing variant that deals damage three times, with increased range each time (4%, 5%, 6%)

- sing variant that deals 1% damage three times and deals base knockback, looks like an edgeguarding move

- sleep variant that is essentially luigi's default up-b but worse; she falls asleep and can't grab the ledge

Last edited:

NewGuy79

Smash Journeyman
theres a lot of moves that we've already seen in various trailers you know?

Donkey Kong

:GCR::GCB:-------- Armored headbutt

:GCD::GCB:----------- Eclectic hand slaps

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Link

:GCB:---------------- quick arrow

:GCR::GCB:---------------- heavy boomerang

Pit

:GCB:------------------- Remote controlled arrow

Last edited:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
I don't have anything to add myself, but I see a very slight corrections that should be made. Dark Pit uses the "Electroshock Arm" instead of the Upperdash Arm.

dansal

Smash Apprentice
greninja:

- water shuriken that hits foes towards oneself, only hits one time, can't be charged

- up-b that flies straight upwards

ness:

- psi magnet that pulls opponents inwards, deals damage and knockback on release

villager:

- loid rocket that flies upwards instead of sideways

- up-b that quickly flies straight upwards (instead of requiring the player to flap their arms)

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
villager side b -> gyro now edges up instead of going straight, lasts MUCH less

WFT -> side b (i think) ball is like 3x the size
another side b -> instead of kicking the ball, WFT headbuts it down, looks like a meteor attack

Dr Mario
side b -> cape shocks, really good actually
down b--> pushes enemies away and does a short jump at the end
b -> faster pill, only 1 damage
up b -> better jump, looks a bit slower, doesn't do damage?

b - > massive pill, really slow, does continuous damage
side b -> cape pushes enemies back with a gust of wind

dark pit
b - > aimable arrows (same as pit lol)
wow really sakurai, dark pit's FS is just zeldas

LUCINA
side b -> lucia charges to the enemy, does more damage with a smaller time window

SHULK

PACMAN
SIDE B -> larger dot trail really good recovery
DOWN B -> fire hydrant spits out. fire? burns pac
UP B -> last line grounds you, less boost

MEGAMAN
SIDE B -> ice shot, freezes enemy, looks like the IC b

SONIC
B -> appears to go further and faster
DOWN B -> faster?

Last edited:

Tristan_win

Not dead.
From zipzo stream
Marth up B can be changed to what appears to be a non damaging but super vertical recovery.

He was off screen below the ledge and was still able to recover with just a up B.

edit: on fd

Edit2: Sonic up B can be changed to a double spring.

Each spring lunch Sonic upward but less then the original and you can decide at any point when to use the 2nd spring. The spring it self does not stay around and disappear quickly afterwards.

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
what the ****, brawler mii's side b can do 40 damage

edit: oh wait.. has equipment

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Ok Thinkaman
Ganondorf Neutral B:
Variation 2. Ganondorf winds up the warlock punch, but he uses a sword with more range and it has less startup.
Ganondorf Side B:
Variation 2.Ganondorf pushes forward and puts on many piercing hits similar to Sheik's needles.

Link:
Side B:
Electric Gale Boomerang, does damage both ways.
Down B:
Giant Bombs! Really big bombs that explode very quickly, has more damage and knockback but can't be thrown as far.

Toon Link
Up B:
P:M's spin attack: It is a spin attack almost exactly like P:M's. Link can move while spinning and has a shorter recovery.
Down B:
Giant Bombs: Really big bombs(Though not as big as Link's) that explode very quickly, has more damage and knockback but can't be thrown as far.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Ok Thinkaman
Ganondorf Side B:
Variation 2.Ganondorf pushes forward and puts on many piercing hits similar to Sheik's needles.
Are you sure that's not variation 3? I just watched the following:

Ganon up 2: purely uppercut (no grab), hits the whole way up
Ganon side 2: grabs and launches at an upward angle
Ganon neutral 2: "slash" effect? Seems really similar

DDD down 2: Did less damage but has super armor while charging

Bowser Jr. side 3: Grounds victim on hit (like Villager dsmash).
Bowser Jr. up 2: Less recovery and less damage from exploding car? Didn't perceive upside.

Last edited:

Veggi

Smash Champion
Yoshi has a custom neutral special that shoots out opponents much farther behind him! Heavy egg roll makes Yoshi egg roll around the same spot and hit opponents harder, I think.

Cerberus290

Smash Rookie
Samus neutral B alt: Similar to a Shotgun burst, has a shorter charge up time it seems.
Samus side B alt: Rocket, it stays still for about half a second then rockets forward at amazing speed, homing missile does the same
Samus down B: Bigger bomb with bigger blast, longer detonation time
Samus Up B: Samus will move forwards a short distance at a 45 degree angle, then will go upwards in the screw attack

Last edited:

Tryphus

Smash Rookie
This thread is exactly the reason I'm most excited by this Smash game and I can MORE than forgive Sakurai for no Mewtwo given even just the little bit we've seen of custom moves...now that I'm home from work I'll be searching streams for more variations, let's get that spreadsheet filled out!!

Chauzu

Smash Ace
I've been thinking of unlocking Custom Moves but I've not really gotten started yet because I dunno what the most efficient way is. Both Smash Run and Classic feels a bit random. Anyone have any ideas?

Veggi

Smash Champion
According to Treehouse the fastest way is to play through Smash Run with the character you want to unlock moves for. For example, if you want to unlock Villager's custom moves, you play through Smash Run with Villager a lot.

Chauzu

Smash Ace

These are all of Duck Hunt's custom moves. Just give me access and I'll add them. Going to write down in detail what the differences are later.

Tristan_win

Not dead.

These are all of Duck Hunt's custom moves. Just give me access and I'll add them. Going to write down in detail what the differences are later.
Fantastic Work!

I really like how it's hard to pick which form of the can is the best and the quick draw gunman and giant gun man are both excellent picks, although I think quick draw will win in the end.

NobleClamtasm

Smash Journeyman

Nice! If by any chance, can you do more characters? (Notably Pikachu)
It seems like you're the only one with the game who's interested in unlocking all of the custom moves.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master

Here! CUSTOM MOVES FTW
Well I know exactly which custom move I am never taking off if I can help it.

More on topic, the Treehouse stream revealed a number of custom moves in passing. Samus has a Charge Beam variation that seems to charge faster, but the beam itself has about the same range as her fsmash. She has "Turbo Missiles" that take a second to start moving but then move much faster than usual; the homing missile angles before moving in a straight line. A Screw Attack variant moved her forward then up, and a supersized Bomb did extra damage, but with a longer fuse time and a limit of 1 such bomb out at a time.

Peach has what the Treehouse kept calling "Grumpy Toad" that always spewed out its spores instead of as a counterattack, a Peach Bomber that moved farther and gained a good bit of height as it went (no idea what the downside was), a parasol that went further up but didn't unfold to float down, and a vegetable that took longer to pull but did more damage.

Whiteface

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRealWhiteface

Videos like these are -exactly- what we need.

Chauzu

Smash Ace
Fantastic Work!

I really like how it's hard to pick which form of the can is the best and the quick draw gunman and giant gun man are both excellent picks, although I think quick draw will win in the end.
Thanks!

Yeah, for all except for Side Special I think that all options are viable and often subject to counterpicking depending on the character. Standard Side Special is just too good though, but that's a bit off topic. ;)

Nice! If by any chance, can you do more characters? (Notably Pikachu)
It seems like you're the only one with the game who's interested in unlocking all of the custom moves.
I'm doing Zelda now and then I'll just continue as long as there is a need for it. And well, as I've only seen vids for Jigglypuff and Duck Hunt, I'd say there is still a need for it.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Thanks!

Yeah, for all except for Side Special I think that all options are viable and often subject to counterpicking depending on the character. Standard Side Special is just too good though, but that's a bit off topic. ;)

I'm doing Zelda now and then I'll just continue as long as there is a need for it. And well, as I've only seen vids for Jigglypuff and Duck Hunt, I'd say there is still a need for it.
I would remember your name for the rest of my life if you did Sheik's before the end of the weekend.

Last edited:

Whiteface

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRealWhiteface
Thanks!

Somebody give this guy an award! *tear* *standing ovation*

Top Bottom