• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Create your DLC likeliness chart!

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
I finally updated the chart! Thanks for all the people who posted here! I also updated my own chart, here are the changes:

Upgraded:
Captain Toad: A > S

I'm convinced that if there are DLC newcomers then he's the first one to take a spot. He has a lot going for him: he's the new rising star of the Mario franchise, he could be the main representant of the Wii U major 3D Mario game aka Super Mario 3D World, his minigames were so popular that he got his own full game, which is set to become amiibo compatible later in the year... despite sharing no playable character with Smash 4... and we have this: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/nintendo_news/140704/whf/

Do you see the pic of sleeping Captain Toad? He says something like I suppose I'll get my chance another day "I'd like to participate, someday..." Yeah, it's pretty much teasing of Captain Toad as a DLC playable character for Mario Kart 8 and/or Smash Bros. Also, he's (arguably) the best way to have a playable Toad in Smash and there are enough possibilities from SM3DW and CTTT for a moveset, such as a pickaxe, a piranha pot, a minecart, a double cherry (imagine a temporary clone attacking behind him to make a down smash both behind and in front of him), or a weight-changing mechanic based on throwing items from his backpack such as diamonds and green stars. I'm not exactly a Captain Toad supporter as I have no interest in getting SM3DW or CTTT atm but I'm convinced that Captain Toad is the most likely DLC character at this point.

Downgraded:
Wolf: S > A
Dixie Kong: B > C
Rayman: B > C
Bayonetta: C > D
Krystal: C > D

Removed:
CommanderVideo
Shovel Knight

I downgraded Wolf because even though I still think that he's the most likely cut veteran to return by a large margin, the idea of giving him a tweaked B-moveset inspired from the new Starfox game representing better differents aspects of the Starfox series instead of being a second Fox derivative is kinda more wishful thinking than "more likely than not", and I don't really see Wolf coming back with his Brawl moveset without an overhaul.

I discovered through random loading screen tips that Dixie Kong is a trophy item in Smash Tour (I didn't play this mode, it never interested me that much and I can live without the Pac-Land stage). While it's still better than her being an Assist Trophy or stage element, it kinda hurts her chances imo.

I downgraded Krystal because I see Wolf as much more likely as a character to celebrate the end of the Starfox hiatus, not to mention that Wolf is more well-liked than Krystal in the Starfox fanbase.

Also I'm less confident than before about third-party characters. Sure, they create hype, but I guess putting them as Smash 4 DLC would waste hype that would be better used to promote the next-gen Smash game. Also I removed CommanderVideo and Shovel Knight because... they're cool, but we're not getting an indie third-party playable character anytime soon. (Plus the CommanderVideo trophy, the reason why I put him in my chart in the first place, is unlocked through a challenge, which pretty much deconfirms him imo)

And here is the new general, updated chart!

Upgraded:
... no one.

Downgraded:
Inkling: B > C
Bandana Dee: C > D
Impa: C > D
Bayonetta: D > E
Krystal: D > E

Added:
Young Link in E (he was in slightly less than half of posted charts if I counted right but I thought he was still worth adding)

My opinions about Captain Toad, Isaac, Lucas and Ice Climbers still didn't change: I still think that the former in underrated, while the other ones are overrated. Otherwise it's an alright chart imo. Also the concept of a Rhythm Heaven character almost went to D!

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I finally updated the chart! Thanks for all the people who posted here! I also updated my own chart, here are the changes:

Upgraded:
Captain Toad: A > S

I'm conviced that if there are DLC newcomers then he's the first one to take a spot. He has a lot going for him: he's the new rising star of the Mario franchise, he could be the main representant of the Wii U major 3D Mario game aka Super Mario 3D World, his minigames were so popular that he got his own full game, which is set to become amiibo compatible later in the year... despite sharing no playable character with Smash 4... and we have this: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/nintendo_news/140704/whf/

Do you see the pic of sleeping Captain Toad? He says something like I suppose I'll get my chance another day "I'd like to participate, someday..." Yeah, it's pretty much teasing of Captain Toad as a DLC playable character for Mario Kart 8 and/or Smash Bros. Also, he's (arguably) the best way to have a playable Toad in Smash and there are enough possibilities from SM3DW and CTTT for a moveset, such as a pickaxe, a piranha pot, a minecart, a double cherry (imagine a temporary clone attacking behind him to make a down smash both behind and in front of him), or a weight-changing mechanic based on throwing items from his backpack such as diamonds and green stars. I'm not exactly a Captain Toad supporter as I have no interest in getting SM3DW or CTTT atm but I'm conviced that Captain Toad is the most likely DLC character at this point.

Downgraded:
Wolf: S > A
Dixie Kong: B > C
Rayman: B > C
Bayonetta: C > D
Krystal: C > D

Removed:
CommanderVideo
Shovel Knight

I downgraded Wolf because even though I still think that he's the most likely cut veteran to return by a large margin, the idea of giving him a tweaked B-moveset inspired from the new Starfow game representing better differents aspects of the Starfox series instead of being a second Fox derivative is kinda more wishful thinking than "more likely than not", and I don't really see Wolf coming back with his Brawl moveset without an overhaul.

I discovered through random loading screen tips that Dixie Kong is a trophy item in Smash Tour (I didn't play this mode, it never interested me that much and I can live without the Pac-Land stage). While it's still better than her being an Assist Trophy or stage element, it kinda hurts her chances imo.

I downgraded Krystal because I see Wolf as much more likely as a character to celebrate the end of the Starfox hiatus, not to mention that Wolf is more well-liked than Krystal in the Starfox fanbase.

Also I'm less confident than before about third-party characters. Sure, they create hype, but I guess putting them as Smash 4 DLC would waste hype that would be better used to promote the next-gen Smash game. Also I removed CommanderVideo and Shovel Knight because... they're cool, but we're not getting an indie third-party playable character anytime soon. (Plus the CommanderVideo trophy, the reason why I put him in my chart in the first place, is unlocked through a challenge, which pretty much deconfirms him imo)

Ad here is the new general, updated chart!

Upgraded:
... no one.

Downgraded:
Inkling: B > C
Bandana Dee: C > D
Impa: C > D
Bayonetta: D > E
Krystal: D > E

Added:
Young Link in E (he was is slightly less than half of posted charts if I counted right but I thought he was still worth adding)

My opinions about Captain Toad, Isaac, Lucas and Ice Climbers still didn't change: I still think that the former in underrated, while the other ones are overrated. Otherwise it's an alright chart imo. Also the concept of a Rhythm Heaven character almost went to D!
Take notes Sakurai, we want WOLF. His B moves were different enough from Fox's though.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
As for Agnes, Bayonetta and Professor Layton.... Sakurai has already laid out his criteria for third-party characters and that they would have to be special. None of those characters are significant nor iconic characters to video gaming and certainly not on a level on par with Snake and to a greater extent Pac-Man, Sonic and Mega Man.
Some of the characters I listed are pretty significant/iconic/recognizable to a more than an average degree (More than most Nintendo franchises like Nintendo-Land, Fossil Fighters, Chibi Robo, Art Academy, etc.), they aren't just on par at the level of iconicness/recognizability as Pac-Man, Mega-Man, and Sonic. I don't really see them being rejected so easily just because they aren't gaming icons.

Considering nothing has changed for DLC in regards to third-party characters as far as we know, and taking into account how costly and time consuming obtaining the rights to use obscure third-party characters would be in comparison to an actual Nintendo character regardless of their obscurity, it's pretty obvious that any third-party characters included, especially for DLC, will be those with enough mass appeal and recognizability (aka benefits) to offset the cost. None of those characters fit the bill.
And again they aren't obscure. If you want an example of obscure videogame characters, there's Bubsy and Marina Lightyears.

And just to be clear, the third party characters I listed in the chart would be the ones who would most likely be considered with the factors they have (relevance, series popularity, marketability, uniqueness) if the criteria extends to more than just the 3 icons.

Which could go either way of actually happening considering Sakurai has already filled out all the necessary/feasible newcomers in the base game, which could potentially lead to advertising popular, relevant franchises from 3rd party companies.

That's a bloody stupid statement. It's not a matter of if we are getting a new AW game, but when considering future plans are already confirmed for said franchise.
And unless a new AW is officially announced, I think Andy doesn't have a good shot of getting in. What if the plans for a new game ends up being cancelled, for example? There's just so many uncertainties and potential situations that it's really hard to say (for me)that he would have a
good shot at being playable.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Some of the characters I listed are pretty significant/iconic/recognizable to a more than an average degree (More than most Nintendo franchises like Nintendo-Land, Fossil Fighters, Chibi Robo, Art Academy, etc.), they aren't just on par at the level of iconicness/recognizability as Pac-Man, Mega-Man, and Sonic. I don't really see them being rejected so easily just because they aren't gaming icons.

And again they aren't obscure. If you want an example of obscure videogame characters, there's Bubsy and Marina Lightyears.

And just to be clear, the third party characters I listed in the chart would be the ones who would most likely be considered with the factors they have (relevance, series popularity, marketability, uniqueness) if the criteria extends to more than just the 3 icons.

Which could go either way of actually happening considering Sakurai has already filled out all the necessary/feasible newcomers in the base game, which could potentially lead to advertising popular, relevant franchises from 3rd party companies.
You might want to consider the potential problems of allowing "lesser" third party characters in. Smash Bros. is a game primarily for Nintendo characters; third party characters are just special guests that are extremely lucky to participate. There can't be too many of them, or else the game loses its focus of being about Nintendo-original all-stars. If they were willing to put characters like Agnes or Layton in, that would be opening up a huge range of potential characters that would qualify as roster candidates and would have to be considered; at that point, the game would start to lose its original identity.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
You might want to consider the potential problems of allowing "lesser" third party characters in. Smash Bros. is a game primarily for Nintendo characters; third party characters are just special guests that are extremely lucky to participate. There can't be too many of them, or else the game loses its focus of being about Nintendo-original all-stars. If they were willing to put characters like Agnes or Layton in, that would be opening up a huge range of potential characters that would qualify as roster candidates and would have to be considered; at that point, the game would start to lose its original identity.
I forgot to mention that the third parties listed here have a closer, recent relationship with Nintendo too.
That would dumb down the list to a short list of candidates.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I forgot to mention that the third parties listed here have a closer, recent relationship with Nintendo too.
That would dumb down the list to a short list of candidates.
Regardless of how "close" those third party characters are, that doesn't change the fact that they are third party characters. You can't simply dodge that issue.

By the way, since when did your avatar not have Prince Sable in it? This is madness! :crazy:

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Regardless of how "close" those third party characters are, that doesn't change the fact that they are third party characters. You can't simply dodge that issue.
We are kinda off-track here, we are assuming that third-parties are given more leeway.
The only real issue with more third-parties after that point is whether or not they are worth the cost of licensing a character for playability, marketing-wise it's probably worth it.

And I forgot to answer this from earlier:
There can't be too many of them, or else the game loses its focus of being about Nintendo-original all-stars.
There obviously won't be too many third-parties, I don't see the amount of third-parties overshadowing the number of Nintendo characters in the game, I could see some extras but not to the point where there are over 10 of those kinds of characters.

By the way, since when did your avatar not have Prince Sable in it? This is madness! :crazy:
Since 5 hours ago, I found a very funny-looking Miiverse picture of a Blue Pikmin that I could not resist using as an avatar.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Yeah, I honestly doubt we'd see a Fire Emblem character. Not only do we already have 3 1/2, there aren't any recent main characters that haven't been covered already and who don't already show up in non-playable form. A niche recurring character like Anna or Tiki could be interesting, but also a huge reach...unless something happened like HD remakes of the Tellius games that made Micaiah relevant again, or something...
Yeah, I think another recurring character would be a good fit. But certainly not for these two titles.
Agreed on Mario; with two newcomers already, a third would be pushing it. Captain Toad feels like too new of a character, to where putting him in Smash already would feel like they're jumping the gun.
I feel the same, but the character has received a lot of promotion and love from Nintendo. I agree that it may be too early, but he's lower on the radar for me.
Pokemon, on the other hand...I could actually see getting a second DLC character. The series only has (including Mewtwo) 6 characters so far, exactly the same number it had in Brawl, while Mario went from 5 to 7 1/2. It has a massive number of mons to pull from, and a significant amount of them have the moveset potential to work in Smash. Not only could they use the long list of moves in the games themselves, the fact that Pokemon games have 18 different elements means there are niches Pokemon characters can use that you'd be hard pressed to fill with characters from most other series.
That is true, but there's already a bunch of people that complain about the amount of Pokemon on the roster. I guess another could be added, but I don't know who they'd shoehorn in for promotion. Because most Pokemon characters seem to get in mostly for promotional reasons.
One of the main reasons Ivysaur and Sceptile get tossed around so much? As of right now, there's no character with plant-based powers on the roster.
Ivysaur is a veteran. Sceptile gets tossed around because of the Hoenn remakes, which didn't get anything at all (unsurprisingly). The fact that they're grass type is just used to fill this fan-made quota that main trio of types needs to be in smash to replace what Pokemon Trainer had left.
I also think there's a really good chance for a DK newcomer. The series is on the rise again, but Returns' only playable characters were already in Smash, and Tropical Freeze was juuust a little too late to have an impact on roster decisions a couple years ago.
Yeah, a shame. Though if Tropcial Freeze was to be the main inspiration, I'm sure we'd be seeing Dixie or Cranky Kong instead of K. Rool.
I'm not so sure the characters cut from the Brawl roster should have such preferential treatment, though...
An advantage veterans have over newcomers is that the team is already aware that an audience exists for them.
People are already asking for them back, what's wrong with giving the consumers what they want?

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Sakurai only wants third-party characters who aren't just "any third-party characters." Those three characters are literally the definition of "just any third-party character". And no, having exclusive games on a Nintendo system is not enough to make you "special" due to them not being big enough characters

I view this with regards to why Rayman is the only practical choice for third-party DLC. He's the main represenative from his company, is easily recognizable, and is not a niche character. Bayonetta might be able to come in if Bayonetta proves to be an X factor in Wii U sales, but that would be a stretch.
Well, he is a legitimately big enough video game character that he actually has a realistic shot of getting in as DLC considering he has enough mass appeal and hype-factor going for him to offset the cost of licensing him for this game. However, due to the reason stated by ShinyRegice, I do not personally believe he will make it in as DLC, only that he could.

The grand majority of video gamers couldn't name, nor recognize any of those characters without using Google Search. Yeah. Real "recognizable."

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

Fiora is an obvious A-Tier pick because of Xenoblade's port, therefore so is Brash the Bear because of DKC3's multiple new rereleases on the VC.

If only his tracksuit were skimpier, he could be an S-Tier pick like Tharja, but I'm keeping him where he is for now.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276

Fiora is an obvious A-Tier pick because of Xenoblade's port, therefore so is Brash the Bear because of DKC3's multiple new rereleases on the VC.

If only his tracksuit were skimpier, he could be an S-Tier pick like Tharja, but I'm keeping him where he is for now.
Only the DK series Icon can be an S-Tier character!

The joke wasn't funny at all. :/
They have more things going for him than Brash will ever be.
Do not underestimate Brash the Bear!

Last edited:

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger

His sexy tracksuit should look something like this:

*image of Borat's speedo*

Last edited by a moderator:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Man if only there were an upcoming Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time 3D in order to make Baby Mario and Baby Luigi highly likely characters just like Young Link!:troll:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
With the Brash-Squawks platformer game rumored to come out on the New 3DS later this year and the severe lack of bear representation, I say he's got a great chance of being DLC. Not to mention an athlete based moveset would add a whole new dimension to the games roster. I don't get why people are in so much denial of this.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
With the Brash-Squawks platformer game rumored to come out on the New 3DS later this year and the severe lack of bear representation, I say he's got a great chance of being DLC. Not to mention an athlete based moveset would add a whole new dimension to the games roster. I don't get why people are in so much denial of this.
Ah, but don't forget the DK Series Icon! He too is a shoo-in!

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Oh, did I forget to mention, in the new Brash game it was leaked that one of his costume choices is a rather skimpy outfit. If it ends up being true it could boost him up to S-Tier.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I dare you guys to list me some characters with "real chances" in full detail as to why they have a good chance to be in Smash.
This means you two. @ True Blue Warrior True Blue Warrior @ Godzillathewonderdog Godzillathewonderdog
Well, any of the cut Brawl veterans (with maybe the exception of the Ice Climbers unless Sakurai really does make them New 3DS and Wii U exclusive), naturally have "real chances". 5 out of the 6 characters were almost certainly planned for Smash 4 and all of them have their fanbases and importance to their own franchises, with Snake actually being a legendary video game icon unlike Bayonetta.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I dare you guys to list me some characters with "real chances" in full detail as to why they have a good chance to be in Smash.
This means you two. @ True Blue Warrior True Blue Warrior @ Godzillathewonderdog Godzillathewonderdog
At this point, if we were to get more DLC characters, I'd have to say Dixie Kong has very real chances.

When you think about it, she's an ideal candidate. She's an important, recurring, and popular character from one of Nintendo's biggest franchises, which recently had a brand new (and well-recieved) installment featuring her prominently. On top of that, her hair could be utilized as a unique fighting style that has yet to be seen in Smash.

So, to sum it up, Dixie is:

-Important
-Popular
-Relevant
-Unique

Not much more you could ask for in a character.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Full detail. As in all the reasons why the characters have a good chance at being DLC.

At this point, if we were to get more DLC characters, I'd have to say Dixie Kong has very real chances.

When you think about it, she's an ideal candidate. She's an important, recurring, and popular character from one of Nintendo's biggest franchises, which recently had a brand new (and well-recieved) installment featuring her prominently. On top of that, her hair could be utilized as a unique fighting style that has yet to be seen in Smash.

-Important
-Popular
-Relevant
-Unique

There's also the fact she was planned for Brawl, which gives her a relatively good chance at being DLC.

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin

-Important
-Popular
-Relevant
-Unique

And that's why I figure Dixie has the best chance out of anyone.

Well, aside from Mewtwo. >_>

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I'll just detail who I find to be the most likely for now, Wolf: Smash veteran from last game, Sakurai said he didn't want to cut anyone and that some characters had to be cut due to time, that basically impels that Wolf was one of those characters and could easily be revisited by making him DLC, they don't have to spend time on making up a new moveset, going to be in newest Starfox game, more than likely will be an important role, iconic, important to his series, from a big and very popular series, there's an entire mode dedicated to Wolf in the new Starfox, the main characters arch rival, adds a bad guy to the series, appears in multiple games, will most likely continue to have important roles throughout the series, was considered for Smash since Melee, Wolf's conversation calls on the Lylat Cruise stage could support his inclusion.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

Brash the Bear is the best possible pick for DK Rep. Use DK Rep. Love DK Rep. Got to respect DK Rep. It's not about the money, it's about the DK Rep. His moveset would involve around smashing his fists angry on the table. What table you say? That doesn't matter. The table. And I guess he could borrow some moves from Banjo, cause he's never gonna make it. Unless he's now living as a dog and duck duo, who can magically summon cans, and Mexican gunmen.:4duckhunt:

NPCs have become playable before. Now we neeeeeeeeed the table smashing fist slamming power of a certain Bear, named ; Brash. The. He's a ****ing machoman. It's time Sakurai recognised the table smashing, fist slamming Bear named Brash and add him to Smash Bros. This is no joke matter.

Last edited:

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
In regards to a 2nd Xenoblade character, I'm fine with the idea. However, if we get more newcomers from this one niche wii game then the entire Gamecube and Gameboy Advance era I'm going to explode in anger. Why is :4bowserjr:our only gamecube/gba era newcomer? (:4villager:is technically n64)

On an unrelated note, I'd take Brash over Thajra any day.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
What second Xenoblade character? Am kind of skeptical about it myself... I'd be more interessted in the protagonist of the upcoming Monolith game "X".

Still don't underestimate Tharja's chances! Her scrapped throphy in the game is one big conspiracy I say! She has to show up eventually, cause she has to stalk :4robinm:.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
What second Xenoblade character? Am kind of skeptical about it myself... I'd be more interessted in the protagonist of the upcoming Monolith game "X".

Still don't underestimate Tharja's chances! Her scrapped trophy in the game is one big conspiracy I say! She has to show up eventually, cause she has to stalk :4robinm:.
Considering Thajra was one of only two characters died in all three of my Awakening playthroughs, I'm not counting on her showing up anytime soon.:awesome:

In terms of the most likely DLC character, I'd honestly have to say Isaac. I know BluePikmin certainly won't agree with me on this, but hear me out. Golden Sun has:
-Incredible moveset potential
-A large fanbase
-A mysteriously cut AT
-A recently released game

I definitely feel like GS has a great chance of receiving a DLC character.

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
I'll just detail who I find to be the most likely for now, Wolf: Smash veteran from last game, Sakurai said he didn't want to cut anyone and that some characters had to be cut due to time, that basically impels that Wolf was one of those characters and could easily be revisited by making him DLC, they don't have to spend time on making up a new moveset, going to be in newest Starfox game, more than likely will be an important role, iconic, important to his series, from a big and very popular series, there's an entire mode dedicated to Wolf in the new Starfox, the main characters arch rival, adds a bad guy to the series, appears in multiple games, will most likely continue to have important roles throughout the series, was considered for Smash since Melee, Wolf's conversation calls on the Lylat Cruise stage could support his inclusion.
I wasn't aware of this information... when was it said? Or maybe it's about the 3DS Starfox 64 remake you're talking about? Just curious.

In regards to a 2nd Xenoblade character, I'm fine with the idea. However, if we get more newcomers from this one niche wii game then the entire Gamecube and Gameboy Advance era I'm going to explode in anger. Why is :4bowserjr:our only gamecube/gba era newcomer? (:4villager:is technically n64)

On an unrelated note, I'd take Brash over Thajra any day.
:4zss: and :4tlink: come from GBA games at first, even though I admit that they're more of variations than actual new characters. And for the GameCube, don't forget the protagonist of everyone's favourite GC-native series :4olimar: (also :4myfriends: first appeared on a GameCube game)
Just sayin'

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I wasn't aware of this information... when was it said? Or maybe it's about the 3DS Starfox 64 remake you're talking about? Just curious.

:4zss: and :4tlink: come from GBA games at first, even though I admit that they're more of variations than actual new characters. And for the GameCube, don't forget the protagonist of everyone's favourite GC-native series :4olimar: (also :4myfriends: first appeared on a GameCube game)
Just sayin'
There's a mode in the upcoming Starfox game titled "vs Wolf".

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Considering Thajra was one of only two characters died in all three of my Awakening playthroughs, I'm not counting on her showing up anytime soon.:awesome:

In terms of the most likely DLC character, I'd honestly have to say Isaac. I know BluePikmin certainly won't agree with me on this, but hear me out. Golden Sun has:
-Incredible moveset potential
-A large fanbase
-A mysteriously cut AT
-A recently released game

I definitely feel like GS has a great chance of receiving a DLC character.
Yes, you have two points there, but being a cut AT can mean other things such as being low priority in the AT list, making Isaac still an uncertainty. Golden Sun may have had a recently released game, but it didn't reach the expectations Camelot and Nintendo had hoped for, thus would make him relatively low in priority with an improbable future.

There you go, more posts should be like this, almost all of them are good points, though I don't really think being an arch rival/ bad guy would influence much of Sakurai's decision, and considering he has already been in Smash before, I don't think him being in Melee before would do anything to have Sakurai consider Wolf.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Wolf is easily the stupidest cut from the game I feel.

ATH_

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0963-0267-2548
Switch FC
6592-1642-9705
S: Wolf, Impa
A: Lucas
B: Dixie Kong, Squirtle
C: Ice Climbers, Isaac, Bayonetta, Bandana Dee, Viridi
D: Rayman, Snake, Ivysaur, Wonder Red, Zoroark
F, Not Happening: Ridley, Pichu, K. Rool, Cap. Toad

Just my opinion, I just don't see much potential with Captain Toad, but then again there's characters like Duck Hunt and stuff. I personally think Impa is a solid choice since Hyrule Warriors.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Hey @ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11

I'm curious...

Why on earth are you putting Layton on the same level as Agnes?

Layton is from a successful franchise that has been around for years and has had almost ten titles having a crossover with another gentleman of the same caliber.

Agnes is from one title who just got confirmation of a sequel.

What gives?

ATH_

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0963-0267-2548
Switch FC
6592-1642-9705
Hey @ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11

I'm curious...

Why on earth are you putting Layton on the same level as Agnes?

Layton is from a successful franchise that has been around for years and has had almost ten titles having a crossover with another gentleman of the same caliber.

Agnes is from one title who just got confirmation of a sequel.

What gives?
People really liked Bravely Default, as did I.

I think the Layton community is actually smaller than the BD community already.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
People really liked Bravely Default, as did I.

I think the Layton community is actually smaller than the BD community already.
lol, really? That's a bit of understatement of the Layton community.

Top Bottom